9mm Rifles

Ruger PC Carbine or Kel-Tec SUB-2000?
Which would you get or would you recommend another 9mm rifle?

Attached: sub2000.jpg (738x738, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Kel-Tec-PLR-16-Products-s/268.htm
redlionprecision.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R11
armslist.com/posts/5804147/houston-texas-rifles-for-sale--cz-scorpion-carbine-w--faux-suppressor-layaway-9mm-9
ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fucking hate the idea of a 16" 9mm barrel. Absolute madness.

Attached: 20190119_190917.jpg (3264x1341, 2.79M)

>not wanting those velocity gains
Are you big retarded?

16” 9mm is one of the quietest semi auto configurations, short of a suppressor. In the Pc carbine’s case this makes it a nice small game rifle

Hi point in a high tower conversion stock

I really like my polymer80/mechtech. It's compact and surprisingly heavy for its size, though not enough to be a problem unless you're planning to carry it all day.
Everyone knows the sub2k -- feels kinda sleep.flimsy, but it folds up to the absolute minimum size for a backpack or whatever. Great if you care about that, but I don't really -- more interested in compactness in ready-to-go configuration than folding/takedown.
Haven't handled a PC carbine yet, but it looks like a nice gun for what it is. Could be compelling if you like takedown better than folding, but again I don't care about either. Additionally, putting the mag outside the grip makes it that much longer than a sub2k or mechtech.

Sorry m8 but I will NEVER buy one of those pieces of shit

Ruger

>ruger PC
Fun, cheap. Magpul and ATI have hinted at making stocks for them in the near future. Heavy as fuck for what it is. It's the 10/22 of pcc's.
>keltec sub2000
Cheap. Fits easy in the trunk, if you have a need for that. That's about all I can say positively about it. It feels like it's about to fall apart when you shoot it.
>PSA AR9 build.
Cost effective way to larp an smg but they haven't really nailed the reliability. Blow-back 9mm designs are famously finicky
>Sig MPX
Super good but very $$$$$
>CMMG Banshee
See Sig MPX
>Chiappa PAK9
$400 for a 9mm AK is rad but tons of bad reliability reports out there.
>Zenith MP5 Clone
Made on HK tools. Basically a civilian version of the real deal.
>CZ Scorpion
Absolutely the best sub $1000 way to go.
>PSA MP5 clone
No details on price yet but keep an eye out for it.

I own the keltec. Get the ruger.

Sub2k sights are the worst. You can’t really do anything about it without fucking up its main selling point, which is folding away.

I'll buy yours off you m80.

Get the Sub-2000, much better than the Ruger PC Carbine. You can get it in several variants, one that takes Glock mags, one that takes S&W mags, and one that takes Beretta mags. If you get the Glock version then you can use 30 round Glock mags, more capacity than the Ruger.

Plus the Sub2000 folds up, very convenient. You can get a Midwest Industries swivel to put a red dot on it and still fold it, or you can get a Red Lion Precision rotating forend (recommended).

midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Kel-Tec-PLR-16-Products-s/268.htm

redlionprecision.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R11

Attached: sub2000.jpg (1560x2080, 580K)

Attached: 1523737691373.gif (572x317, 2.77M)

>If you get the Glock version then you can use 30 round Glock mags, more capacity than the Ruger.
Is this bait? The PC carbine comes with a replacement magwell for glockazines.

>need to replace the magwell

Attached: 1490384894945.gif (384x216, 1.79M)

>but tons of bad reliability reports out there.

i believe it. the bolt it uses is the crudest thing i've ever see.

Attached: thot destroyer.jpg (530x950, 152K)

How do you like it?

never fired it. traded it for an AR.

>need to replace the whole fucking gun
Fuck off, kel tec a shit

>thinks switching out a rail is replacing the whole gun

Attached: e33132663cb9948591824e8fde224cc2797b7a01ea6a5aaa08acd72bdf4f4509.gif (200x200, 1.22M)

>it feels like its about to fall apart when you use it

Fucking nonsense you moron

Get a Cx4

Need some advice. I'm thinking about going by the store selling this to pick it up this week, but I want to know if I can possibly get it for a little less.
armslist.com/posts/5804147/houston-texas-rifles-for-sale--cz-scorpion-carbine-w--faux-suppressor-layaway-9mm-9

It's already a pretty good price for NIB but I figured I should at least try, is $850 cash insultingly low?

Attached: 5804147_01_cz_scorpion_carbine_w_faux_sup_640.jpg (520x390, 8K)

I fixed that issue with an optic on a QD mount. It's my favorite (non .22) pack gun

Attached: Screenshot_20190119-213529.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Buy American you assholes

Seriously, Hi-Point carbine for the money, I got mine for 200$ and it works fine if you run decent ammo and aren’t a jack ass with it

Okay

Attached: kvgen2.jpg (1598x426, 102K)

keltec is shit and blows up in your face

ruger is overengineered and quality but much heavier.

its your face, your arms that have to hold and carry it. you decide

Keltec has a dubious QC history but the sub2000 is pretty legit. It us a clever, but simple (maybe even crude) design.

I suspect the ruger will ne a nicer shooter but it will be bigger and heavier. I would guess it to be more accurate and have better factory sights.

The sub2000 folding function is unmatched. It deploys fast and fits in really small spaces. If this is something you want or need the sub2000 cant be beat. If stowing and rapidly deploying from a small box or pouch is not on your wishlist the ruger is probably better.

DISCLOSURE: I owned a sub2000, but I have not fired the new ruger so some of this is speculation based on reviews and ruger products in general.

There are more options out there

Attached: 2018-06-15_20.29.43.jpg (1872x1575, 2.34M)

Stop fucking hating on keltec
They're a company that actually try to make cool/unique guns
They aren't just another cut and paste, overpriced AR15 manufacturer

But wait theres more

Attached: 2018-09-01_14.19.22.jpg (1111x2520, 1.97M)

Quick rundown on vectors please
Are they good or even worth it? Why did they make a design to reduce recoil on a 9mm carbine? The recoil is already near negligible

Full tard

Attached: 2018-07-21_18.37.09.jpg (1813x998, 1.45M)

>9mm AR
Actually the most retarded thing on earth

Look one post up from yours

Bet you feel dumb now

>Hi Point carbine
>pieces of shit
You don't deserve one, tbqh

Ok this is epic

This project isnt done yet

Before top
Chopped reciever and making it proper size

Attached: 2018-12-21_16.11.25.jpg (623x863, 323K)

I am not even hating on keltec bro. You might have noticed I mentioned owning a sub2000 and defending its QC history. You can not deny that keltec has had a history of quality issues. If you read my post you will see I specifically excepted the sub2000 from that history.

And I agree with you that they deserve credit for innovative designs and manufacturing techniques. Sometimes a little too innovative for the market even. Like the urine gun.

I wasn't directing it at you, just mentioning you because you were in the convo
I'll admit the qc is what it is though

They're prefectly alright guns just a bit expensive, but yeah the recoil system is really meant for full auto fire. While not necessary for semi at all, its still very easy to shoot if you're okay with the change in recoil pattern going up and down instead of backwards into your shoulder.

>the recoil system is really meant for full auto fire
Failed to think of that, thanks user

Also 16 inches give you the maximum velocity for 9mm. Anything more and you start to lose velocity.

Anyone?

Proof?

>not wanting a ghetto space blaster

Attached: 66DEDD92-5EA6-496C-9D86-5A9F17C940D7.jpg (960x793, 195K)

how do you like the MCARBO muzzle brake?

Make it double stack and I'll buy it

Its more like ~12" is peak velocity (depending on load), but velocity holds near constant to about 16". So 16" is still effectively peak velocity.

The silver lining with the unnecessarily long barrel is that the extra length adds time/volume for the pressure to drop. So an unsuppressed 16" 9mm is substantially quieter than a 10", or 4.5" 9mm. My PC carbine is the second quietest firearm I own, only beaten by a 24" .22lr (22 loses velocity after ~14").

9mm being quiet is a huge deal for self defense. If you fire a 10.5" 5.56 PSA "pistol" indoors expect severe and disorienting acoustic trauma, and blinding muzzle flash (AR pistols are basically flashbang grenades). While a 16" 9mm will only result in moderate acoustic trauma. So in short EEeeeEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEE vs. everything sounding slightly muffled and eeeeeeeee.

Attached: 1493089114316.jpg (800x450, 171K)

>22 loses velocity after ~14"
It depends on the specific load, but no, see pic related; most loads (even .22 short, the bottom two traces) are still gaining a little velocity at 18", though hardly enough to care about.

And even in wimpy rounds heavily optimized for short barrels like .32 and .25 ACP, you get 90% of peak velocity in a few inches, then it holds almost steady for a long range of lengths. Look at .25 from 7" to 18", it's all within 10% velocity. Gradually rises from 7" to the actual peak at 10" to 14", then falls off just as gradually, if not more so.

Attached: 22vs25.png (1017x985, 192K)

As for 9mm, most of the loads might be peaking at 17" or so -- only the Cor-Bon 90gr +P and 115gr +P seem to peak sooner, and still only at 14-15".
(Note almost all traces exhibit an upswing at 17" and a downswing at 16" -- these look like some sort of systemic errors, though I'm not sure what would have caused it, and why two loads would be immune -- and maybe it is all just random shot-to-shot fluctuations. Still, it makes me hesitant to believe the "peaks" at 17" are the true maximums, and I suspect it's gonna continue out to 24"+ more-or-less flat with random fluctuations, like the .25 ACP graph, only stretched out longer)

Attached: 9mmluger.png (1017x526, 118K)

As a keltec sub 2000 owner, that gun makes not sense and doesn't really serve a purpose. Now, none of that shit matters. It's a metric fuckton of fun to shoot.

Where did you get the PPS 43 with the wood stock?

I need it.

OP here
I was thinking I could throw it in a backpack while camping or hiking and use it for small game

It's a lone wolf, not mcarbo but I like it. Does a decent job of pushing the barrel down which is good since I own the .40s&w version

It's also originally calibered in .45acp
the recoil system was developed to mitigate .45 full auto

ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
not the op you are replying to, but I think 9inch is optimal as it gives 150-200fps more for only a few inches more, anything more than 9 isn't going to give you worthy gains. 30fps more for 7in more barrel? no thanks

i mean 100-150fps more.

>ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
That's the faggiest phrase I've ever heard on 4chins. It's just fucking noise, you homo. You won't be in enough gunfights for it to matter and 5.56 is a lot better at killing.

>acoustic trauma
That is the technical medical term for acquired hearing damage.

And yes only a few rounds of short barreled 5.56 indoors will result in noticble hearing loss. That’s nearly 180db. Hearing damage is an objectively measurable fact, all medical literature disagrees with you.

You will learn this lesson the hard way when you’re not much older (mid to late 20s). You will regret your decisions when you begin to notice everyone is “mumbling” around you, and you can’t effectively socialize in a crowded bar.

Also
>you must be at least 18 to post here