Is this more than a meme?

found this today was interested to hear what Jow Forums's thoughts were.
youtube.com/watch?v=ieHCpBj5Djs&feature=youtu.be

Attached: The-Solo-300-1-700.jpg (700x525, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/11/umos-universal-manual-operating-system-pump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's aesthetic and functional, however there's little market for it being manually operated. I wouldn't call it a meme necessarily, but it's more niche than a similar non-buffer tube design in 5.56 semi auto would be.

Give that bitch a broom handle and then we'll talk.

jesus christ that's gotta go off like a cannon

If you’re already deaf then no

How do I build one?

I would buy one if it wasn't fucking manually operated.

Are there any uppers with integrated recoil systems to make this more usable?

>not semi
This would be really neat with a gas piston built into the top of the upper.

Thank you Ted, Very Cool!

looks like we we should find a way to make this semi-auto then we're in business

What a thrill...

Attached: 7C66ECDF-5A41-450C-BB7C-3062ECE5E9E5.jpg (850x850, 145K)

In darkness and silence through the night.......

Attached: 98e.png (500x281, 243K)

Attached: MGS3_SnakeEater-e1427138810315.jpg (600x375, 56K)

What a thrill...

What a fear in my heeeeart. But you're SOOO SUPREEEEEEME

Should not want... but do

Make it semiauto and I'd buy

I would buy one to plink with

There are non-standard uppers that don't require a buffer tube to allow this to be semi out, with more up top bulk. Sig has the MCX which I believe doesn't need a buffer system.

Attached: 400px-Oa-93-full.jpg (400x230, 22K)

Ez, roller delayed blowback. It doesn't have to have anything on top the barrel for it to function. It deals solely with the chamber.

It needs a return spring, goofus.

how do you build that tho?

cool gun. Going after deer with it is retarded. Hes got a "pistol" in the back which will have much greater velocity and accuracy but he chooses this just to be a fag.
>inb4 pistol hunting with 500 mag

is possible and easy as long as you don't mind .22lr

kel tec already did this in 5.56 and 22lr
PLR16
PLR22

Attached: plr16-right.png (1170x504, 112K)

Next project for sure. Was looking into that diy polymer lower kit, take holiday gifts to the next level.

Can we get a poverty parts list going to see how cheaply this can be done? Poly lower and upper, buffer plug, red dot, barrel nut, bolt sawed in half, lpk, barrel. Anything I missed?

Make it in 9x39 and you've got a nice little assassin gun.

Cut the rear half of the bolt off and install a captive compound spring buffer (think xl glock gen 4 spring) maybe a little 1/2 inch receiver extension

Why tho, a single shot would be just as effective and probably weigh less

>300 BLACKED
>not 458 SOCOM
pleb

>458 socom
>not .500 phantom

700 nitro express called and said quit being a pussy, wrist is fine.

>"so sir, how'd you break your wrist?'
>"uuuhhhhh boating accident."
>"*sigh* if you say so..."

A Daewoo k1 style gas key, and return spring assembly with a custom upper to house it all?

Olympic arms already solved this. Just put the buffer tube above the upper.

>223
nice digits

where would the hammer go tho?

Just add a damn piston on it

oh nice, saw this on r/liberalgunowners the other day

That bore offset tho. Why not put the buffer on the side? Or two small buffers on each side?

Can we get a hakunamiata for Jow Forums to draw this shit. Haha

Attached: geniusofflexibility.jpg (220x272, 9K)

why the fuck were you on plebbit

I love my plr16.

BCA upper with side charge bcg $120
BCA Lower $40
BCA .300 barrel 7.5" $40
Barrel nut $13
Buffer plug $22
LPK $62

Transfer $25
Shipping $15

More or less $350 for a manual action .300 blackout.

Did he just say

>'I hunt in an area where rifles aren't allowed but pistols are'?

How the fuck does that work?

Attached: 1547393842672s.jpg (125x121, 2K)

is it supposed to look like Han's blaster? Cos it totally makes me think of his blaster

Attached: _102179517_mediaitem102179516.jpg (660x371, 39K)

>Solo 300

Flat places don't allow rifles cause misses have killed people many many miles away. So shotguns, handguns, and bows are your hunting options.

Gee I dunno, did you read what the fucking name of the gun is?

pls no bully
maybe it was a coincidence

>midwest niggas

Lookes like a beefed up broomhandle version

>PLR16
That thing just cries out for some sort of underfolder brace setup...

Very cool desu. I really wanna see it shoot.

Based broom handle poster

So an SU-16C with a brace instead of a stock?

Attached: lelkek.jpg (533x223, 16K)

Something like the SU-16C stock, and just chop the buttplate off and put a Tailhook or SB-mini on?
Not 100% certain, but I think the SU-16 and PLR-16 are parts compatible.

Attached: b_628d5762ac8b7b8b61b79ed7190e4f6bfolding_stock_store_1_3.jpg (450x550, 23K)

She said the RFB was too heavy

Attached: my wifes gun.jpg (1008x1512, 530K)

Yeah, something like that would be decent. I was really thinking something more like the PLR16 pistol grip, plus a sheet-metal stock/brace like an AK underfolder, rather than the SU16C's semi-pistolgrip stock.
The SU16C stock would probably be comfier to shoot, but I'd prefer the aesthetic of the AK-style.

>sidefolder
That looks very practical, but I want dat underfolder A E S T H E T I C.

The straight pull factor kills all of it

Seems obnoxious to shoot and has zero cool-factor.
At the very least, make it pump action or something so you don't have to remove your hand after every shot. That would also make it easier to hold.

A man can dream.

Attached: pistol.png (433x228, 50K)

so pretty much the same price as a psa 300blk pistol kit

If this thing were semi auto, I'd make one myself. I just don't have the knowledge base yet.

>Solo 300

I'd have called it an AR96.

Might be bullshit, but I heard ATF doesn't like pump action pistols.

There's no such thing as a pump-action handgun. A handgun is defined as being designed to be held with one hand.

Ah yes, I forgot the ATF hates fun.

explain this then.

Attached: RemingtonXP-100.jpg (600x266, 36K)

Best bet for a single shot that gets close to a semi is to have it be thumb actuated, basically have the bolt hold open each shot and the thumb switch release it. You see these already in England for putting on ARs to make them single shot.

That's not a pump-action.

The attraction of this is that the action does not open when the firearm is fired, making it quieter.

Lots of large handguns can't easily be reloaded with one hand, doesn't mean you can't shoot it with one hand. already pointed out the XP100, there's also the Contender, but in case you think only single-shots are allowed, there's even repeating pistols like that new Remington 700 thing.
I don't know of a pump-action example, but the pistol definition is all about how you hold it to fire, not to reload/cycle.

Attached: 96814-700-CP_front_angle_1280px.png (1024x492, 257K)

I... actually, I like that a lot. I've been looking at the RDB-S, but this looks like a decent alternative.

How much, and how much effort was it? And what does it weigh?

Good luck arguing that you're not supposed to hold onto the pump when firing. That's the entire point of having a pump action instead of a bolt action.

>pic related on bufferless upper
>no stock
>mate to 80% lower

hey presto, a pump action handgun

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/11/umos-universal-manual-operating-system-pump/

Attached: GEDC0023.jpg (650x293, 56K)

Where is the front sight??

What about horizontal handguards and AFGs
>good luck arguing you're not supposed to hold onto them while firing
But they're allowed anyhow...

Post ATF letter or admit you pulled this distinction out of your ass.

Front sight is fragile, and crucial to accuracy, so it's always detached and stored in a hardcase on the soldier's belt when not in use. When accurate fire is required, he attaches it to the gas block with a QD mount.

>ATF letter
Ha ha, oh wow.

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29)
>The term “handgun” means—
>(A) a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand;

27 CFR § 478.11
>Pistol. A weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

So you admit this is just your own interpretation of the law, which is even stricter than ATF's interpretation?
Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the accomplishment of out-fagging the batfags, but your interpretation just doesn't matter.

Hey user, those definitions only apply to those specific sections.

-$350 PLR16 on GB + S&H
-$140 Midwest Industries aluminum forend rail
-$9 Chinese AFG
-$160 Sightmark M-Spec but I honestly want the Holosun HS503c instead
-$75 SU-16E stock adapter hardware kit from Keltec.com*
-$130 Hera Arms Side Folding Unit*
-$130 Gearhead works brace
-$30 Gearhead pistol tube
-$8 Amazon sling mount
-$20 Antila 2 point sling

*the Hera Arms Side Folding Unit screw in mount won't fit flush inside the stock adapter so I had to use Epoxy to hold the folding unit and buffer tube lug in place and even. It works though.

I have a regular RDB with a redline aluminum rail that I'd use for home defense if I can't get to my RFB in my car, but my wife thinks they're both way too heavy to maneuver around the hallways so tada, got this instead

Attached: 1549217278328m.jpg (1024x777, 135K)

*raptor rail for RDB. Looks spacey, will post pic if requested

>So you admit this is just your own interpretation of the law, which is even stricter than ATF's interpretation?
No.

27 CFR § 479.11
>Any other weapon. Any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.

Okay, then, so I guess you're about to provide some evidence that ATF interprets it the same way you do?

Because I already pointed out that ATF interprets that law to allow pistols with wooden forends (XP-100 and Contender), horizontal handguards (normal AR pistols), and AFGs (which are specifically designed to provide an off-hand grip), so it's your turn now.

>buy it and shoot first.

Attached: images (19).jpg (225x225, 6K)

B/R, never forget.

> 7 min video
> never fires it

Attached: 1548382265259.jpg (598x600, 68K)

mutilated mauser

>Need pistol for hunting
>Have fully functional AR pistol with brace
>Build a manual operation franken-AR

It's tastefully done at least.

get an ar pistol kit, cut the gas block and gas tube off, cut the bolt carrier in half, put a carriage bolt in it. toss out the buffer tube

Carriage bolt?

>?

Attached: carriage bolt.jpg (300x300, 17K)

thank u based broom handle poster

I give my life
Not for honor, but for youuuuuuuuu (snake eater)

thumbnail at a glance made me think someone actually made a DH-17 blaster.
I got excited.

What about putting it concentrically around the chamber and barrel?