Grip Pods?

Are Grip Pods a meme? Or is it something that could potentially be helpful a couple of times without much inconvenience the rest of the time.

Attached: P1170145-900x601.jpg (900x601, 194K)

Are memes memes memes memes?

Yes quite

It's literally a stupid ass meme.

>Big as fuck
>Have to put it very far foward to make good use of the bipod imo
>Kinda heavy but it's not bad if you aren't a bitch
>Not really a good bipod
Eh it's okay

The idea of one device to rule them all isint too bad, but it's implementation and situational advantages are limited.

As you get older you ask yourself "what the fuck am I really doing?"

and there is your answer. Does the shit just hang on your gun, or do you use it?

A grip pod can be better than the pictured piece of shit. If it had an adjustable angle, split handle with telescoping legs, and some finger grooves that would be pretty fucking baller. As it is now, it looks like a repurposed disposable standoff from some shipping crates.

We use them in the aus army on the ef88's. Ive noticed that in combat you very rarely if ever deploy the bipod unless you are sitting in an ambush or sbf position. The legs tend to bend with use thus creating an unstable platform. As said, the implementation and situational advantages are limited. I give it a 4/10.

depends on the gun. if you were gonna have a vertical foregrip on it anyway and it has a magnifying optic, you might as well spring for the grip pod

I'm gonna go against the general opinion of this thread and say I loved them when I used them in the service. They weren't as heavy as Jow Forums makes them out to be, and they made it easier to steady my rifle. 8/10 I'm sure better options exist but not to me at the time.

Attached: 1314472931216s.jpg (150x103, 5K)

I've been thinking about getting one. Seems better than a much heavier bipod that won't be used most of the time, this serves a separate function.

I bought a cheap Chinese one and put it on my cheap Ar and it's Alot of fun to use when it out plinking

It's probably not too bad to add done bipod functionality into your foregrips. The issue is that vertical foregrips are a meme if your gun doesn't have full retard mode

For LARP'ng as OPERATORS?
0/10.
For actual combat use, staging your weapon while you dig or just chill in a fighting position? Actually pretty fucking useful, having 2 items in one is fantastic, especially for weight savings. A foregrip should go as far forward as comfortable, and the bipod, especially with a free float rail makes 500+ meter shooting trivially easy.
As I said, for magdumping point blank into targets and then doing ยบ360 area scans it's not well suited, a angled foregrip with well textured side panels IS well suited for this however.

Meme on rifles, makes a lot of sense on MGs, but grippods aren't really durable enough for the rigors of that. The issued ones have metal legs unlike the ones you tend to see in shops and they still periodically break off.

My buddy used one in Afghanistan and now he won't switch no matter what. He had combat experience and likes it so it cant be that bad.

It's subpar as a foregrip and downright bad as a bipod. Pick one or the other, combining them like this doesn't do a good job in either regard.

>The issue is that vertical foregrips are a meme if your gun doesn't have full retard mode
I can tell you think chicken-choking is how you're supposed to use a VFG.

Yes
Pods are for fat, lazy mall ninja shooters who do not want to learn the four standard rifle shooting positions

What is the prone position?

Attached: 992D7C05-8420-459E-B369-D4D5EB756155.jpg (2100x1395, 2.73M)

My friend owns one and I really like it. We'd shoot at 200 yards and the grippod made tight fist sized groups at that range with our ARs. Stability was fine. I actually wonder just how amazing a real bipod must be if the grippod allowed for that much Stability. I think they are better than people on here lead you to believe.

Could you explain?

this is retarded. even on semi a vfg still can function as a handstop, a barrier brace, a monopod, or a grip. how the fuck does full auto enter into the equation?