CAMO/MILITARIA THRAED

You know the drill, fambinos. Post fresh purchases, discuss the aesthetics and practical applications of camouflage etc.

I loved the Norwegian history lesson in the last thraed.

Attached: 20190202_113501.jpg (3000x2137, 3.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29a383tlNJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dam I thoght that was cleavage when I clicked on the thread imagine my disappointment when there are no breasts in the imagine haha, damn I wish I could get my meat stiff haha

Threads die too quick these days.

Attached: DSC_2960_1.jpg (3200x3938, 3.71M)

Well, I’ve not been chasing new stuff a while.

Attached: 7FBE122F-B1BD-4429-B4E6-6684FF682D52.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

Some stuff I got yesterday.

Attached: IMG_20190202_213717.jpg (2475x3301, 1.96M)

Nice haul!

Also, yes, the Turkmenistani jacket and beret fit me. Didn’t give up that restriction on myself.

*cracks knuckles* Okay, I am back with another batch. Some Norwegian first stuff and then some other.

This is the field shirt foreign units refer to as The Norwegian. Model M71 (good luck finding that reference number anywhere) and insanely comfy. I'm wearing it right now. I believe nowadays all branches use this green one but it once existed in light and dark blue for airforce and navy (I have samples) and civilian manufacturers offer it in various colors. It is used both summer and winter in the field.

Attached: norw m71 field shirt.jpg (2617x2099, 992K)

Fuck. Forgot to shrink the batch to manageable sizes. This should be better.

Attached: norw m71 field shirt b.jpg (1309x1050, 400K)

This is a PASGT vest used by Norwegian forces in UN service. US made. I am not entirely sure if this is standard woodland camo or the Norwegian version.

Attached: norw PASGT splinter vest US US made.jpg (799x793, 241K)

Another Norwegian UN item. It is not a standard used by regular home forces, but Indian Brush. It may have originated with Indian forces and spread to general use, but this sample is made by "Shui Lung Industries, Co, Ltd" so what the fuck? Badges are real enough and the shirt is dated 1988, so was probably used in Lebanon.

Attached: norw UN indian brush shirt a1.jpg (1263x964, 406K)

And over the left pocket there is something embroidered in some arabic language. But what? "Here comes a godless westerner?"

Attached: norw UN indian brush shirt a2.jpg (993x708, 306K)

Over to foreign stuff for a bit.

This is an English P40 (austerity model) battle dress jacket, dated 1943. I've been meaning to put on patches for the early postwar Norwegian occupation force in Germany as they were 100% UK equipped. There's some good stories from that time and place. Maybe some other time. It was however also used by Kompani Linge so there's options.

Attached: English P40 battle dress jacket.jpg (1181x907, 414K)

One of the jewels in my collection. A US M1941 wind breaker, worn to relic state.

Attached: US M41 field jacket.jpg (1122x841, 280K)

German Gladiator helmet of ww2 vintage, of the one piece variety. Used mainly by Luftschutz. Unfortunately missing the liner.

Attached: german ww2 gladiator helmet one piece.jpg (830x541, 106K)

This is a postwar, West German field cap with gebirgsjager badge. I don't think anyone but the GJs used this cap, frankly. Light grey in color and with false foldups, so cannot be confused with a real M43.

Attached: german pw field cap gebirgsjager.jpg (766x736, 134K)

This, however, looks a lot like an M43. I had a dozen or so of these replicas made by an Indian company a long time ago, and they don't look too bad from 15 feet away. But the Indians used too fine and thin wool so it sort of crumples, and I think the visor is at least half an inch too long. Oh well.

Attached: german REPLICA ww2 M43 field cap.jpg (1104x866, 214K)

Last in this batch, just a modern German red beret. Unlike most other countries the jerries seem to favor a fairly big plate on the inside to mount a badge on.

Attached: german pw beret red.jpg (719x707, 118K)

Nice gladiator, doesn't look dropped and scrapped up like a lot of them.

Attached: Tysklandsbrigaden, øvelse Skandia III. NÅ nr. 20.jpg (1024x1026, 187K)

It has retained its shape nicely but someone has probably given it a brush with lacquer. There's a lot of chipping of the original paint layer.

That reminds me, a guy on the Norgie ebay awhile back was selling what was allegedly a Norwegian used choco chip set that was worn by special forces in Afghanistan during the early years, pic related.
Can't recall if it was US surplus or commercial but it was in the normal DBDU cut, no insignia, and well faded. Did the Norwegian army ever buy or receive equipment from the US?

Attached: Norwegian special forces OP, East Afghanistan 2002.jpg (591x443, 68K)

We normally make our own uniforms these days but even we need to adapt to the missions. We have a version of multicam that is used in places like Afghanistan. I am not sure if the Army Special forces and Navy Special forces, both of whom have been in Afghanistan, use exactly the same pattern but probably they did. We are too few to make uniforms in tiny batches.

Pic is the Naval special forces, in Kabul.

Attached: 0b4f6e2a-2a77-4ae5-9787-63a888d52541.jpg (1900x1283, 546K)

However, we also have a different version which is based on the regular Norwegian camo but adapted to desert conditions. This is used by our ISAF forces in Afghanistan, among other places.

Attached: isaf afghanistan 2.jpg (834x556, 94K)

Attached: Khaki M43.jpg (1200x967, 1.14M)

Got this serbian parka that is for lined

Attached: 20190202_185854.jpg (2560x1440, 1.32M)

Bump. Got a new batch coming asap.

Did you make that or is it issue?

Attached: Estonian TTsKO Amoeba Rain Suit.jpg (1837x1727, 1012K)

I want spanish alpenflage some day

where do Jow Forumsop the sweater in the op?

It's a factory-made piece. I did sew on the roundel if that counts.

My latest acquisition was a pair of lovely M43 trousers to go towards my late WW2 US uniform. If you’re wondering why the webbing is such a mismatch of colour it’s due to the US issueing new webbing in OD7 (dark green) while still using the slightly older OD3 (light tan). Also colours often vary between manufacturers.

Attached: 1AD08D25-CFAE-46AD-B3CC-2CC1AB4D0625.jpg (4032x3024, 1.58M)

Okay, evening batch is ready. Got some foreign stuff, then some Norwegian, then some mysteries.

Starting off with a 1943-dated English shirt. Fine wool and quite comfy. Broadarrow marked, of course.

Attached: english WW2 shirt.jpg (1022x999, 331K)

Here's an oddball. For reasons unknown a previous owner removed the arms of this Bundeswehr flecktarn shirt and did it very neatly. Ruined it as a collectible but it is absolutely perfect for that postapocalyptic photo op. I might add some badges if I can find something weird enough.

Attached: german MODIFIED flecktarn shirt.jpg (821x952, 198K)

Russian officer overcoat, probably of USSR vintage. I'm happy to say I have a matching visor cap. Now I just need a bunker, good light, and a hot slav girl to put it on.

Attached: russian overcoat officer.jpg (771x1115, 204K)

Looks like one of the many weird modified items offered by a certain militaria wholeseller in Germany

That's a Soviet army warrant officer's wet weather coat alright (the USSR never embraced the classic double-breasted trench coat for some reason).

This looks like your bog standard US M1. It isn't.

Back in 1945 when the Germans packed up started walking back to what was left of their homelands, Norway had to start over and build yet another army from scratch since the army created in Sweden was disbanded as per regulations. Standing force: about 200 men. Uniforms: a stinking pile of secondhand and thirdhand junk. However, there were some useful bits left from the visiting foreigner during the war and so our new forces ended up with:
- English Mark II Brodie helmets
- English Mark III turtle helmets
- English military biker helmets
- English civil defence Zuckerman helmets
- French Adrian helmets
- Norwegian 'Baltic' helmets in small numbers
- Swedish M1921 helmets
- Swedish M1926 helmets
It's a fucking wonder we didn't field som viking helmets while we were at it. Why so few prewar Norwegian helmets? Because by 1940, helmets had only been issued to the artillery and very little else. Oh and we also had no hand grenades, no antitank weapons, no anti aircraft weapons worth a damn, no modern ships, an air fleet of a total of about 12 planes including fucking Caprionis - 1940 was no fun for anyone up here.

But at least we got our shit sorted out in the helmet area. Pictured is the Model 1958; we had started receiving some American helmets as part of the Marshall help and soon we were cranking out our own identical version. They served us well for more than 60 years and are only recently phased out.

Attached: norw m58 helmet.jpg (826x656, 136K)

Shit, I forgot the German helmets. Yes, our forces were using German helmets postwar. Lore has it that they were not popular.

- German M35 helmets
- German M40 helmets
- German M42 helmets
- German Luftwaffe helmets
- German civil defense versions of the M35
And a really odd conversion where the neck bit was removed and the helmet turned back forward. This was for airforce batteries. I have have no idea what they were thinking. I hope to get a pic here of my sample eventually.

Norway got way late into the civil defence concept. Probably because we were not part of WW1 and didn't see firsthand what large scale artillery can do to civilisation. By the 1930s we had barely started something akin to an organization. Keep in mind that Norway was barely a sovereign nation (we parted ways with the Swedes only in 1905) and definitely not a wealthy nation. So funds were extremely limited and civil defence staff in 1940 had little more than gas masks and shovel in their gear closets. By the end of 1940 however we'd been airbombed and barraged by England, Germany, France and had to get that shit in order right away, occupation or not. So by the end of the war we had a lot more experience with shoveling up bombed concrete and disassembled body parts and the civil defence service eventually got its share of helmets and wheelbarrows. After the war a mad fight ensued between the various uniformed branches started for what limited funds were available for new equipment.

I believe this civil defense bag is of 1950s vintage, but has been issue until a decade or two ago. It is very complex and sturdy as tornists go with layered sides and subcompartments. Multiple pics here.

Attached: norw pw civil defence tornist a.jpg (895x841, 263K)

Fvcking WEW. And I thought we had a crazy hodge-podge of different gear going on around here in the ex-USSR.

Attached: One heck of a helmet.jpg (1063x1242, 432K)

And this is not even its final form... the lower flap is actually a roomy compartment too.

I only have a few of the items meant for it. There's a Norwegian copy of the US canteen, a belt that seem to be English P37, a fire axe, two different versions of a head lamp that is meant to be plugged into a car rather than have a battery, and an MRE old enough to contain bubonic plague.

Attached: norw pw civil defence tornist b.jpg (1073x874, 314K)

This is a "Katastrofeporsjon", a disaster ration dated 1959. It is of the Norman's model which means it is identical to the oldest of the Norwegian rations shown by SteveMRE. I have no intention of opening it; there might not be any others left untouched.

Attached: norw pw civil defence MRE 1959.jpg (899x769, 163K)

And now it is mystery time. Starting off with a windbreaker with just three front buttons. Thin cotton material. No stampings or markings anywhere. There is a band/belt in the back. I can't see that there has ever been a liner. There is however a row of three button eyelets inside (as if it was meant to be double breasted) that does not match any buttons or signs of removed buttons.

Attached: mystery 1.jpg (715x1016, 172K)

Mystery number two. Yet another windbreaker without any liner, but there has been modifications. The shoulder straps have been removed and so has the wrist cuffs. No markings whatsoever.

Attached: mystery 2.jpg (809x1048, 205K)

Mystery number three. This is a set of jacket and pants. Once more it is khaki cotton, once more there are no markings, once more there is no liner, but it appears unmodified except that a jacket belt is missing; only the loops remain.

Attached: mystery 3 top.jpg (893x1060, 240K)

Notice that there are actual ankle cuffs. That is very unusual in my experience.

I have been toying with the idea that this could be a french overall from the 1940 campaign but there's no flaming grenade symbol anywhere, nor signs that one has been removed.

It is of course entirely possible that all these three outfits are civilian gear. But if it is, it is very austere even for wartime production. These are not the slightest warm clothes.

Attached: mystery 3 bottom.jpg (1027x1095, 322K)

I'll try to dig out and/or scan some of the early postwar outfits from what literature I have one day. They are magic. Hardly two similarlooking soldiers to find in one picture.

I got all my postwar german stuff from Ebay, but it is a long time ago and I'll probably need a Telex machine to decode the mail from back then. However, I am quite curious as to what other modifications were available.

Attached: IMG_1483.jpg (763x1024, 321K)

Could these be motorcyclists over trousers? Could explain the frontal pockets and the ankle cuffs.

Doesn't makes sense. The material is of cotton duck as thin as paper.

Overtrousers only need to keep dirt off your uniform rather than totally protect you from the elements, and waxed cotton duck is pretty wind and rain proof for the era.

But it does seem unlikely.

Whats this?

Russian Tibet camo. Basically a Russian copy of a Chinese copy of flectarn.

You need to start namefagging bruh.
Also
Still selling this set for $800 :^)

Attached: _1018294_2.jpg (2402x2507, 1.41M)

a fellow tibet-tard?

Attached: 2018-12-30_10.03.426.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

Yes! I have the gorka currently and a boonie is on the way from Russia.

Can anyone ID Ian's boonie from the January Q&A? where 2 cop?

youtube.com/watch?v=29a383tlNJU

Attached: ian.png (474x461, 529K)

Comfy. Had the jacket for a couple of years now, picked up the pants recently. Lovely camo and a damn good gorka

My favorite camo. I wish there was more information out there about it. I've only seen a few Russian separatists using it.

that's a Sarma TST M05 boonie hat, they sell them at Varusteleka for a pretty high price like most of the other new stuff they make. alternatively you can get a Tactic 9 boonie in the "Yagel" camo from grey-shop.ru or some other online Russian military store.

yea, just a couple of random chinks and some Ukraine conflict stuff.
kinda nice that nobody fuckin uses it though. makes me feel like a special snowflake

Attached: 2018-12-14 15.11.37.jpg (4608x3456, 1.23M)

I agree. dump some pics you have wearing it. I need more material

I need to get me some of this

I'm a big gay, u don't want pics of me on your pc. That's gay

Attached: 2018-12-30 10.47.13~2.jpg (4608x3456, 2.84M)

nibba I mean in use not ur face

yea no shit

but yea i dont have many pics of it unless you want a bunch of pics with one of my tibet camo arms in

sounds big gay

here's an image you might enjoy

Attached: IMGP0156-4.jpg (1916x2683, 384K)

Shit you actually are gay. stop wearing tibet camo

no i will not stop wearing the official LGBTPQRSTUVWXYZ camo

>when the chicom shill gets triggered at "tibet"
>not realizing his own government created the pattern

I literally said that it's a Russian copy of Chinese.
>implying I actually give a shit that a gay person is wearing it

im NOT GAY i just like penis

based

picked these up for 20 bucks a piece, can i get a little help with identification, they've got no markings or anything i know it's german style but what exactly?

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

These are wendetarn smocks; winter version on the inside. Sumpftarn to the left and splintertarn to the right. In the unlikely event of them being actual WW2 issue they'd be worth their weight in gold.

I did that when I started on Jow Forums. Habit from previous forums. Quickly ended up spending more posts defending using a name than I spent writing actual posts. Perhaps worth the hassle when posting in this particular thread?

probably repros, but what's up with the zipper lole

Hey Jow Forums and OP, what sweater is this?Kinda want to buy it, looks so comfy

just a generic nato wooly pooly, there 100% wool and really comfy. you can order them order them online but i've found alot of surplus stores will carry them too

Attached: article-1235214-078C8761000005DC-629_306x423.jpg (306x423, 38K)

Now use it as a bayonet.

IVAN PLEASE SHIP MY STUFF ALREADY I GAVE YOU MY MONEY WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO?

Attached: SCREEEEE.jpg (263x192, 6K)

What are some based militaria sites other than verusteleka?

namefagging when you have no reason to is what people hate.

That's a truth with modifications. The original, British sweaters are wool. Your generic brand version and probably many non-British versions are not necessarily wool at all, but acrylics or mixes. If you want the wool version, make sure that is what you are placing order for.

Okay, I will give it a shot.

I saw a set of that at Gettysburg this past weekend. Thanks for reminding me I can’t afford it.

Attached: Fijian Prison Services Shirt.jpg (1613x1728, 782K)

Most milsurp places will have them, and verusteleka has them for cheap.
They're great as mid-layers, I like to pair mine with a leather jacket in fall and a big coat in winter, but they do get super hot if you have to do any kind of work in them.

Where did you order this from? I've been trying to find one.

Swiss m70 rucksack missing a part for the shoulder strap so now I have to track that down

Attached: 4EA7C911-64DA-47F1-826D-32C121216BF4.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

Ready for another batch? First some Norwegian stuff, then some other countries and generics, then a couple of mysteries.

Starting off with a navy pullover, manufactured in 1942. Keep in mind that the entire Norwegian fleet at that point consisted of about three MTBs and five fishing boats. Its function was mainly to smuggle volunteers from Norway to England, and spies and commandos the other way. They were bombed, shot at and torpedoed by the Luftwaffe on every trip.

Attached: norw ww2 navy pullover 1a.jpg (2967x2019, 1.1M)

And I forgot the sizing again. Amnesia is setting in already.

Attached: norw ww2 navy pullover 1a.jpg (1484x1010, 470K)

Tag is faded but intact.

Attached: norw ww2 navy pullover 1b.jpg (511x473, 59K)

This is a Norwegian Civil Defence medic bag. Shape and buckles indicates it being English but it is more likely locally made; that's not a recolored job. We also used regular English P37 satchels for the same purpose; I'll show one eventually.

Attached: norw pw civil defence medic bag 1a.jpg (874x738, 221K)

This bag is fully stocked with a heap of quite outdated bandages; I only took out a few items for the photo. Probably in use from the 1950s to the late 1970s, maybe longer.

Attached: norw pw civil defence medic bag 1b.jpg (954x747, 235K)

Gunny sack. Information is scarce but I believe they were white before the war, then switched to green canvas after the war but retained the style. Nowadays they still have the same shape but are in green nylon.

Attached: norw pw gunny sack.jpg (669x1036, 264K)

Norwegian postwar messenger bag. Or so the milsurp seller said. The materials conform with what other gear we used in the early 1950s, but there is no adjustment on the strap. I have never seen a similar bag ever and I suspect it is depot made. Also it is fuck huge; twice the size of a gas mask bag. What the hell were they carrying in these; encyclopedias?

Attached: norw pw messenger bag.jpg (931x755, 232K)

One more Norwegian item. This service shirt is dated 1968. Judging by the skirts the model is quite a bit older than that.

Attached: norw pw service shirt.jpg (1249x1123, 302K)

These were in Norwegian use postwar, but they started out as civil defence gear in England. I have tracked them down to being used in London during the Blitz but picture sources are very scarce. They are marked as CB for The Coal Board, a sort of industrial service that dealt with keeping production running and that sort of thing. This included sweeping bombed buildings off the streets and so on.

Attached: english ww2 civil defense anklets.jpg (783x617, 181K)

Standard German flecktarn shirt.

Attached: german bw bundeswehr flecktarn shirt.jpg (1076x1225, 380K)