QTDDTOT: Science Edition

If I ran an electric current through the metal frame of a loaded handgun, would the electric current cause the gunpowder in the cartridges to ignite?

Attached: 1541379397098.jpg (474x292, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MlmfdwCEIak
youtube.com/watch?v=fGpX38OOiFE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_clip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

Depends on the amperage.

Why dont you and this fag go back to /b/

There an influx of absolute garbage threads lately, even more than usual or is it just me?

It's the most halfhearted raid I've seen in years.

Where the fuck do I buy this?

Attached: 1548882403217.webm (640x480, 843K)

I found ~10 results typing in "rc t34"

It might be large enough to cram yourself into.

either the gold bead on my Ruger 10/22 broke off or recessed into the sight further. I know I can replace it but any chanceI can bang it out *if* they recess?

also informal q: how necessary is a beaded FS?

fill with epoxy paint white

Where can I get a quad-barrel 12 gauge?

Attached: fweivbrivbrvr24r2r.jpg (871x870, 134K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MlmfdwCEIak

If you get the shells in the clip of a revolver wet (like with water) are the ruined or will the be safe to fire when they dry?

youtube.com/watch?v=fGpX38OOiFE

Is berdan primed always corrosive?
Specifically is 308 tulammo corrosive?

>shells
>clip
>revolver

But to answer your question, some cartridges are more waterproof than others. If you know they've gotten wet I wouldn't try firing them, because you could theoretically get a hangfire and blow your fingers off.

Is 700 too much for a SKS by some c important that states with "T"? Tula I think

It always fluctuates. To some degree half-assed shit posting should be expected on Jow Forums.
It would be easier to replace the sight. It just drifts off if you get a sight pusher tool. If it simply fell off you can cram a short clipped bit of copper wire in there as long as it is thick enough to stay put.

When I had a 10/22 ages ago the bead sight really helped me see the front sight clearly over the little diamond on the rear, but you can get a sight picture without it.
It would most likely be fine, but if in doubt and getting ammo isn't a problem then don't shoot it.
No. Berdan priming refers to a way the primer and pocket on the case are constructed, rather than any chemical composition per se. Berean primed cases have two flash holes where Boxer primed only have one, this makes Berdan a massive pain to de-prime when reloading, but it can still be made with non-corrosive primers.

Personally I will all but stand on my head to advise you to STAY AWAY FROM TULAMMO. 308, as I have had multiple bad experiences with that stuff encountering case head ruptures and blowing up. Thankfully it mostly destroyed just the magazines, but it did it on a FAL, Zastava M77 (an AK) and an M1A. It even had a hard time in a PTR-91. Hopefully just a bad batch but that stuff is really sketchy. Wolf 308 might be OK.
If it is Russian, original and in pretty good shape that's about the going rate in the US. If you're a leaf you can get them much cheaper.

Oh and I completely forgot to address the actual question.

Tulammo 308 is non corrosive. As far as I know all modern production commercial ammo available in the United States, even steel case (Tulammo, Barnaul, Wolf, Golden Tiger) is non corrosive. Only surplus ammo is liable to have corrosive primers and even then mostly if it's com-bloc or really old.

I'll try and throw a little dot on there

what's a sight pusher I could buy that works on the 10/22?

How come a Desert Eagle is more powerful than a Nineteen-Eleven? Does the extra .05 on the bullet make that much of a difference?

And I thought of this right after I posted, but why would do special forces corps use those giant fifty caliber sniper rifles when there are fifty caliber pistols? Cant the just mod a shoulder stock on it and screw on a barrel extension mod?

QTDDTQTDDTOTT
Questions that don't deserve the questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.

What's the point of vented ribs on shotguns and revolvers? Cool points?

Yes, at a rate of over a million rounds per minute.

I've been reloading shotgun shells and no matter what I do they're acting funny. Instead of going BAND they go THOOMP, the nitrocard, wad, and overshot card land about 15 feet in front of me, the buckshot/shot have almost no range and the inside of my shotgun is filled with burnt cork and unburnt powder.

The primers are good, I'm using the right powder and the right amount, and everything feels nice and tight when I crimp the case, I just feel lost

Attached: q642rj6yluky.jpg (665x574, 68K)

How come the army doesnt just issued everyone m240 squad automatic weapons? Wouldn't more firepower and ammo make them unbeatable?

found the brainlet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_clip

A couple of off-site and crossboard raids by Zoomers that don't know what a raid looks like. A couple of drunk trip fags. The problem I've noticed is how incredibly hostile it has made the posting. Every other post has to be some smartassed greentext "gotcha u retarded teehee kys" to anything that's remotely not an airtight autism-proofed fact. There's way too much trolling and astroturfing and it's made everyone a kneejerking dick.

>inb4 gb2 xxx website we hate because I had an opinion

Thanks for the SKS info

nevermind, beat you

I remember using an el-cheapo Tapco AK, /SKS pusher to remove it when I installed some tech sights, but this was waaaaaay back so my memory might be foggy.
.45 and .50 refer to bore diameter (how wide the bullet is). It doesn't refer to power or ballistic capability directly. For instance .45 ACP is a heavy but slow pistol bullet, but 45-70 Government is an even heavier (because it's longer) bullet fired out of a rifle at higher velocity.

While 50AE is only 0.05 inches wider than 45ACP, it uses a slightly longer heavier bullet and the case is much longer, holding more powder. It therefore has both more mass and velocity, thus more power.
50AE is a very powerful pistol cartridge, but it does not compare to 50BMG. The latter is a heavy machine gun cartridge fired out of big fuckoff rifles. In the same way that 45ACP and 45-70 Government share the same bore diameter but not the same mass or powder charge, 50BMG has twice the mass and leaves the muzzle of a rifle or machine gun at twice the velocity.

Therefore, if you tried to use a rifle in 50AE for the task, it could work in urban environments but because the projectile is pretty heavy and not moving all that fast by rifle standards it would nose-dive at fairly short distances. By contrast a 50BMG projectile has enough velocity to stay on target out to much greater ranges and enough mass to deliver a payload other than just jacketed lead.

Current follows the path of least resistance from A to B. It would most likely just travel through the metal of the gun and never touch the bullets. The only thing that would set them of is if the heat of the gun got hot enough to set off the bullets

Attached: 123.jpg (547x393, 39K)

The point of a rib is to have a straight surface to sight against. They are often worked so that the surface doesn't reflect light, that makes it easier to see your sights.

On a shotgun the vents make sense: they reduce weight, which lets the gun point and balance better. On a revolver the weight savings is negligible so in that case it would be for looks.

Thank you very much. The last ammo I shot out of my saiga 308 was tulammo. And I didn't clean it after so I was tripping. I'll avoid tulammo based on your recommendation.

You should be fine then.

I suspect that I had a really bad batch, but every time I tried that stuff I had all sorts of problems in all sorts of guns. Besides which nice brass cased non-corrosive NATO surplus ball is cheap as fuck right now.

are you loading normal modern shotgun shells or doing black powder because typical for modern shells you use just powder wad shotcup and shot. all your extra cards are typically for black powder

I'm loading brass shells and using traditional materials in them

because a 240 takes a three man team to carry all the gear you need to use it effectively, the gun and ammo are heavy, but without a tripod good luck actually hitting anything at range

Also, the 240 is a platoon level weapon, not a squad automatic weapon.

Fucking A thanks for the tip.

define traditional materials powder wise

Can l put a 9mm usp barrel in a usp in .40s&w slide?

Natural fiber and cork wads, compressed wax paper nitro card, cardboard overshot card, lead shot, and Unique powder. It's very odd

How's this for my first time?
.22 at 50 feet indoors

t. retard

Attached: IMAG0735.jpg (2016x1512, 606K)

What is a good chest rig for wearing in conjunction with a medium to big ass backpack? I do long ass hiking trips with shit ton of weight and having a chest rig would make it comfy but a lot of them make it hard to use with a big backpack.

most of the time when you get odd sounds on shotgun it comes from bad compression of the powder or powder being fucked up if anything try using a different powder and see if that makes any difference on it but also dont be expecting to get modern ammo performance on traditional ammo techniques

You'd have to run some really pissed pixies through the gun for that to happen.

Do you think using 11 or 10 gauge wads and cards would help?

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

.22 what pistol? Rifle? Also just say 15yds

Is the CETME the same as a C308? I live in MD and while I don't see anything about the CETME on the ban list, the C308 is.

Apart from furniture they're the same, in fact a cetme is better. Unless the cetme in question is a CETME-L.
C308 is a cetme parts kit built by century it's pretty shoddy occasionally.

It was a 10/22

I’d say its ok for very first time. Keep the fundamentals in mind and you’ll improve and get faster

The listing states it's a Century made one. Would this be able to be grandfathered to another buyer since the C308 is banned in state?

Yes, I am aware of moon clips. Do you really think that's what he was referring to?

Not a lawyer or well versed in MD law. But usually yes. If you can still private sell it without transferring it to an FFL first than the person you sell it to is also grandfathered in.
These laws are meant to stop more from coming in and being sold by retailers

Alright, that sounds well explained to me. I sent a message to the seller regarding it. Thanks user.

C308s have gotten better. I own one and it's been very dependable. Century's been partnered up with PTR and the quality's improved.

I've heard. Initially when I saw it was a Century gun I was wary but when I read that they had collaborated with PTR I felt a little better about it.

True. Im just a dyed in the wool century hater. I love the cetme c308 wood furniture. But I also love the drum aperature sights on the PTR as opposed to the flip up sights on the C308.

How do you guys deal with the mental burden of being afraid of the state of the world without going to a psychologist who if you tell them this stuff they'll diagnose you with paranoid schizophrenia and take your guns and rights away?

Learning more. The road from blissful ignorance to enlightement can be terrifying.

How is it enlightening when you're just learning that no matter what actions you take you're fucked?

Because you aren't enlightened. Pessimism is always bluepilled.

I'm looking for an edc revolver with barrel 3-4inches with square butt and large aftermarket support.

anything that has grips that look pretty identical to the one in pic

Attached: how-to-conceal-a-357-mag[1].jpg (800x529, 247K)

SW

any model in specific that wont break bank?

The one that looks similar to that one that's also in your pricepoint after doing research of your own. Go used. www.gunbroker.com

newfag here i have no idea where my bullets go on paper after like 7 rounds what do

Man that is one big fucking station wagon.

Sharpie or stickers.

I'm an autistic faggot who can't fight, doesn't have enough money to move somewhere safer, is probably on an FBI watchlist, and can't get a decent job to move up class-wise enough to be safe. I'm totally fucked.

Are you brand new to guns or just trolling?

.45 ACP and .50 AE are very different cartridges with different bullet weights, calibers, and powder charges.

.50 BMG, your "sniper rifle" part, is a very different cartridge to .50 Action Express, which is one of the calibers that Desert Eagles come in.

In this case caliber refers to the diameter of the bore, but has no relation to the amount of powder being used to drive the bullet.

Style, weight savings, increased surface area for cooling, but they're all negligible.

Well, at least you don't shoot like you have a physical disability.

Drinking

New paper, stickers, sharpie, paint.

>this afraid for safety
>living in America
Confirmed actual schizo, you don't deserve guns.

I got a weaver rail that clamps onto mine.
Throw slugs in it and it makes a good large-caliber, pump action shotgun

Attached: 20181005_004929.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

*rifle

How soldiers in battle deal with ear damage? Specially in urban warfare.

Attached: 1548346766113.jpg (640x478, 32K)

new socks and ibuprofen

Plugs

Fuck off lefty faggot

If I can control it then I worry about it. if I can't then there's no point in worrying.

That's not to say I don't pay attention I just don't let it fester in my mind.

Sheltered

Just sucks that I didn't even really get to start life and it's already over because I'm next up on the genocide chopping block.

If it's inescapable:
Enjoy the moments you can. People have gotten shittier rolls of the dice. Death isnt something to be afraid of either. Either there's an afterlife and everything is fine or there isn't and youll be beyond caring about anything.

Also, the things in life you think will make you happy, often don't. And that's a hollow desperate feeling. Enjoy what you have now.

The nothingness is what's terrifying.

Do any operators still mainly use 20 round 5.56 mags? I know french police have them but not their more elite guys.

Attached: hyak4-383x291.jpg (383x291, 16K)

Why? You won't know it or appreciate it in any capacity. it's hard to really grasp but I've spent a long time turning it over in my head, decades in fact.
the "nothingness" of oblivion is inscrutable but it means and end to everything.
When you die it'll be the same as if everyone else has too.

Also there's nothing you or anyone can ever do to escape it. But you can enjoy more of your life if you don't consider it too much.

is an idiot. The ACTUAL point of the ribbed portions on the top of some revolvers and shotguns is to prevent the heat mirage generated by heating up the barrel from distorting your sight picture.

Attached: ben1.jpg (993x257, 19K)

Join the Army or Airforce as MP (Specifically 31k in the Army) then join a police force when you get out. Put 15-20% of your military salary into the TSP (Thrift Savings Program) while you're serving and come out with a ton of money.

You now;
>Can fight
>Have a stable job
>Are on paper one of (((them)))
>Have money, medical and educational benefits
>Have the financial security to get a good house/condo

???
Profit

russian overkill anyone?

I recently installed a bipod on the sling stud of my rifle, and my problem is the scope is canted 3-5 degrees to the right.
Now, is the scope fucked or is the bipod fucked, or can I just force it to a 90 degree angle since it has some give and I can force it to a "straight" angle.
Any help would be great, thanks.

Of all the "pistols"/non-pistols/pdws what is the best caliber for short barrel rifle round performance? Specifically for armor penetration, out of a sub 10" barrel without going completely deaf. So far this is what I have for pros:

7.62x39
>Chinese surplus?
>Bimetal jackets
>Quietest?

>Green tip
>Low recoil
>Availability

>Readily available AP loads
>More power?
>Cheap magazines if in a ptr pistol

Cons:

7.62x39
>Recoil? If fired from an ak pistol
>No new production AP loads
>Brass ammo cost

>Loud as fuck
>Lowest energy
>Smallest hole

>Same energy as x39 from a 9" barrel?
>Probably also loud as fuck
>Fireballs bigger than the gun

What should I choose Jow Forums. It would be for concealed carry permit carry. Mostly for in season critters I see on friend's property, in case of uppity ne'er-do-wells with a couple bucks for Kevlar or plates.

Fuck my shit up

I'm hunting/shooting at about -30 to -40 degrees centigrade or -22 to -40 for you burgers, and after taking my guns inside they begin to condensate.
Now, do I have to dry that condensate off or is my gun, barrel, actions, etc. safe from this?
Thanks for the advice in advance.

Why are you gonna use rifle rounds that rely on speed for penetration out of a 10" barrel?
IMHO, use dedicated PDW rounds instead, like 5.7x28 for example even .22 TCM.
>CCW
Why and how would you do that with a rifle?

I'd be concerned about the bore or internals as much as the exterior finish. I don't speak from experience because it never gets under freezing where I live but moisture is generally bad for poor finishes or bare metals. It wouldn't hurt to dry your guns instead of letting the condensation evaporate off of them.

An all-round dumb question for a dumb scenario from someone with a lack of any basic knowledge, but out of sympathy for the remaining few brain cells you're holding onto, I'll try to help.

With a short barrel, you're giving up performance. There's not any way or reason to get "good performance" out of a short barrel.

Armor penetration isn't something you need to worry about with anything smaller than a .30-06. Even if you can find M995 or some AP .308, good luck getting it for any less than $40 a round. At that rate, 5.56 and .308/anything else is pretty equal.
.308 AP is barely more accessible than M995, but you either need to reload it yourself or overpay massively.

>without going completely deaf
this is a matter of hearing protection, not barrel length

>5.56
>green tip
green tips aren't AP

> It would be for concealed carry permit carry. Mostly for in season critters I see on friend's property, in case of uppity ne'er-do-wells with a couple bucks for Kevlar or plates.
You're just going to look like a massive school shooter larping faggot CCing a pistol variant of a rifle. You're much better off getting a dedicated varmint rifle with cheap ammo for the critters. As for self-defense, I highly doubt you'll ever need to shoot someone with kevlar, and I would guarantee actual money that you'll never shoot someone wearing plates. For the kevlar scenario, you don't need anything AP. For plates, you'll probably already be fucked regardless of what ammo you have on the one-in-a-trillion chance you'll have to defend yourself with a CC not-a-rifle pistol from some machine gun toting methhead with a full level 6 armor juggernaut suit from CoD.

Attached: 1525329437174.jpg (500x491, 88K)