Over penetration is a myth

Over penetration is a myth.
All calibers will penetrate multiple walls.
You should be more concerned with missing your target than over penetration.
Pic related
Bottom 12 gauge 00 buck shot
Middle 9mm
Top 5.56

Attached: 2A0A8D89-4193-4DA7-8461-322A72B9A765.png (2048x1536, 3.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CiHHgjaR0TI
theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-12-insulated-walls/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7K6mYUu8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Great thread. When's it going to turn into a Paul shitfest? I'm putting money by the 20th post.

You're retarded. There are more loads than m193 and 00 buck on the market.
>20th
Ha
youtube.com/watch?v=CiHHgjaR0TI

Attached: drywall comparison 5.56 9mm and 12g.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

Paul Harrell disagrees

Meanwhile the rest of the world can afford bricks.

Why do the people who do these tests never fill the wall with insulation?

Anything capable of killing anyone is going to over penetrate, if it doesn't then how the fuck is it supposed to go through someones abdominal cavity and cause any damage. Unless you have 15 walls between you and someone you didn't mean to shoot, they'll die either way.

cause most houses only the exterior walls have insulation.

When the truth is different than your opinion
You create ad hominem attacks

Insulation in walls seems to make very little, if any, difference in penetration of the rounds tested. I believe that we can put that one to rest.

Sauce:theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-12-insulated-walls/

Attached: 5A6C8D32-65F2-4584-843B-584B09E51922.jpg (540x403, 45K)

>the state of american walls

I don't disagree at all, but I do want to point out the one gotcha with this sort of test: the spacing between walls.
If striking a wall deforms a bullet and starts it tumbling, it can lose a lot of velocity due to increased drag over the width of 6 or 7 rooms. So a bullet that goes through 8 walls all stacked up a few inches apart might "only" go through 5 or 6 walls in an actual building, while a bullet that punches straight through and remains stable will have similar results in both cases.
Of course, it gets really hard to do tests with realistic spacing, because the first few collisions can deflect the bullet enough to miss the walls further down range, so there's no good answer, and the difference isn't enough to change the underlying point.

this

Except 5.7x28mm.
Proof from god himself:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7K6mYUu8I

First of all this: If you still live in a house made of cardboard a Hornady V-Max 40gr. out of a .223 or #4 Buck out of a 12 gauge will be preferrable to the shit in OPs pic.

>unironically claiming that 00 buck and m193 are the only ammo types on the market for 12g and 5.56 respectively
>counter argument is ignoring my actual point and instead dismissing the entire argument for containing a single ancillary fallacy, AKA the classic fallacy of argumentum ad logicam
Looks like we found ourselves a big brained boy right here.

Good thing I don't live in a cardboard then.

Another myth
Ammo brand A makes my gun dirtier than ammo brand B
All ammo makes your gun dirty

Not a myth at all.
Powders have different burn characteristics, including amount of deposits left behind.
Best example is Bullseye powder. Widely regarded as one of the filthiest burning smokeless powders available. Most manufacturers have moved away from using it.

Another myth. 5.56 is different from 7.62 in any way except aesthetically

Another myth
Reloading will save you money
But they never factor what is my time worth.
How long will it take me to load 1000 rounds to save a shekel

Also when the truth is blatantly obvious and the opposing position fails to see it.
Ad hom isn't always a sign of impotence, you blind faggot.

No shit, welcome to 2004 Box Of Truth

You got some kinda source? I genuinely want to learn more.

Sorry our homes weren't constructed before drywall was invented and aren't just hovels from peasant times just remodeled again and again.
Still better than a yurt on the eurasian steppe.

We need a semi wealthy user to purchase a shitty old farm house and start shooting inside.

> implyin
Ok, ok, I got it, mutt.

Attached: 15249978372341.jpg (1280x1638, 576K)

>its better because its old
why does every facet of euro-identity gravitate around this? Its pitiful

>the bullet hit sideways at unknown speed so that's safe

Are you arguing with yourself? Why are you trying to make up arguments for me?

Bricks are a bad idea in earthquake territory.