The Zastava M88A - how do you get magazines for this gun? I read somewhere that the Norinco 213 mags work...

The Zastava M88A - how do you get magazines for this gun? I read somewhere that the Norinco 213 mags work, but no confirmation and I really don't want to blow $32+shipping for something that won't work.

Attached: m88a.jpg (2592x1728, 381K)

No help, sorry, but I'll give you a bump man.

Thanks man. I think I bought a meme gun

Yeah nah you're fucked unless you scour the internet every hour in the hopes of someone giving up their own mags.

Zastava is gonna start importing soon.

M70A mags will work, and give +1 compared to the regular M88A mags
in the past (2014) M70A mags were $20 each, i've heard the P38/P1 mags could be modified to work
as said they're going to start importing them again, my guess is, in larger quantities than years previous

Norinco 213 mags will not work
original TT-33/TTC mags will not work
don't have a Tokagypt, no idea with those

Attached: 2016-01-09 00.45.08.jpg (1944x2592, 1.65M)

Norinco 213 mags don’t work because 9mm Zastava tokarevs have a shorter back-to-front length than Norinco mags and a corresponding block welded into the mag well of what would be a conventional 7.62x25 tok frame to accommodate this smaller magazine dimension

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately M70A mags are also not abundant. I guess I'll wait for them to import some.

>Yeah nah you're fucked
This

A bunch of these were issued to Israeli police in the 1990s after Israel aided the Serbs against Bosnians. My uncle has one IIRC

>”blow 32 dollars”
>The Absolute State of Poor Fags
You’re the type of guy who buys 2nd hand FagPul furniture for your PSA AR.

Its a lot for one magazine when they were previously cheaper. They could have $100 magazines and that wouldn't be a large some of money, but relative to the product it would be.

>Its a lot for one magazine when they were previously cheaper.

Doesn't really matter how much they used to cost unless you have a time machine. Stop being a poorfag.

Le poorfag meme look guys he said the funny thing!

if all else fails make some. you have something you can copy?

P38/P1 mags work, you only have to cut a notch in them for the mag catch. But the last round hold open doesn't work without some serious follower modding, and the magazine sticks out of the gun. You do get a +1 mag capacity. Will post pictures when i get home, if the threadis still up.

>Gun is $210
>Wow why won't you gamble $32 on something that probably won't work?

Bump for this

Huh. I kinda like that grip panel. Has a nice utilitarian look.

Attached: Tokarev Razor Arms Grips.jpg (978x606, 57K)

Here goes, both mags side by side.
1/4

Attached: IMG_20190204_164823.jpg (3120x4160, 2.7M)

The close up of the notch, left is original, the right one is the P1. As you might imagine, it's critical to cut at the right place, to avoid feeding issues.
2/4

Attached: IMG_20190204_164840.jpg (4160x3120, 1.96M)

The right one on the pic is the m88 mag, fucked up the orientation. Anyhow, here's the gun with the P38 mag, despite the looks it's pretty comfy, the floorplate acting as a finger rest.
3/4

Attached: IMG_20190204_164903.jpg (4160x3120, 2.25M)

I can vouch for Norinco 213 mags. They work, but may need a bit of filing.

Attached: 2B19DEB9-CEAF-4200-8351-1C3D690CC3EF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Dammit it’s upside down. But yeah they work, fuck these other retards who don’t know what they’re talking about.

And here are both of the followers, the far on being the m88. That lower stirrup is what locks the slide open. You can see where i tried to replicate it on the P38 mag, and broke the follower, despite using heat.
4/4

Attached: IMG_20190204_165031.jpg (3120x4160, 1.83M)

Bought one of these for $200. Most inaccurate gun I own and the trigger is nasty, but I've never had a malfunction.

The mag guy here, you have to remove the magazine safety, and with fairly little work, you can polish the trigger group and the sides of the trigger as well. Did that on mine, and it makes a world of difference. Also, i bobbed the hammer, as it was biting me if i got a high grip.
>inb4 polishing a turd

Thanks for the pictures , I think altering the P mag is my best bet for spare mags.

There's M70a and M88a msgs on ebay for $35

I did remove the mag safety and thought about making a project of it, but the thing is lucky to hit the target past 5 yards. I just use it for testing reload batches.

That sounds like a shooter problem not a gun problem.

Numrich gun parts has them or did last week.