Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums,

Looking for some recommendations on my AR I just built. This was my first "high end" rifle and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions or modification ideas.

Also I will be needing a good cleaning kit and if someone can link some good YouTube tutorials on basic maintenance and shooting techniques so I can practice on the range.

What I've got:

DD MK-18 10.3"
Binary trigger Gen III
HK Irons
Surefire 600 with toggle

I did order an EOTECH 518 to replace current red dot.

Also needing suggestions on gear, such as ammo pouch/belt setup. The boomers at the gun store tried loading me up with the most expensive shit they had without really justifying or explaining why it was needed (full tactical meme).

My end goal is to have a good platform to practice on and get good if SHTF and also for [spoilers]fun[/spoilers]

Pic related.

Attached: 20190201_180912.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunivore.com/accessories/the-difference-between-eotech-xps2-and-512/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interesting spacing job. You from around these parts?

Spacing? Like the reddit double space? No. I just think it's much cleaner to type that way.

>$200 on irons
>$800+ on upper
>$400 on meme trigger
>holosun optic
Wew

In all seriousness you’ve got a quality build and there really isn’t anything wrong with holosuns, but because of your cheap dot everyone will think you threw together a PSA build

I ordered an EOTECH 518 to replace current sight.

I thought binary was a meme until I fired it. It's nice having semi on the selector but going binary is just awesome. Everyone always has a grin after shooting it.

The upper was more than $800 but the store was only $50 more than gunbroker

The only things you got right were the rail and light.

r/ar15 outta 10.

Why did you buy a place holder optic?

Could you explain? The rail came with the gun.

Get a sling.

Swap out that dogshit brace with an SBA3.

>I ordered an EOTECH 518
Jesus Christ

Attached: 1444540463653.jpg (609x743, 71K)

>Could you explain?
Your rifle is an abortion of misplaced priorities and memes. It's easier to list what you got right than what you got wrong. It is the poster-child of the
>user makes a braced AR
stereotype. It's fucked.

I was convinced to go the extra mile for EOTECH after the purchase. I figure since both are detachable, the neices and nephews can play with the cheaper optic

I hear that a lot but I was looking at the Maxim Defense PDW

Should I add this trip to the filter?

>”ya gots ta get an aimpoint yessir”
>”them eotechs won’t stand up to combat operations!”
*wheezes while walking up stairs”

>dropping money on the dated eotech model with the infamous in-line battery housing
>not spending a tad more on the objectively superior EXPS
user stop

EXPS? Is it better? I can still cancel the order

Nigger do you always just blindly spend hundreds on shit without doing even basic research

Milsurpdude is an old trip. He used to post nice pics of his cheap combloc guns, and tips on how he refinished his wood or steel. However, over the past five years, his eating has gotten out of control, and with every pound gained adds another dark step of bitterness. He spends his 30s sitting on Jow Forums, mostly just shitposting and circle jerking with other trips in /arg/. Sometimes though, he leaves his faggot containment thread and contaminates the rest of Jow Forums with his doritos scented stench

I would. The double AA battery usage is a meme.

Also
>Tfw you have a SIG/Holosun RDS at the same price point at the Eotech XPS but still get called a poorfag by Eotech owners

Attached: 1545711208932.jpg (576x1024, 113K)

Yeah the issue isn't an Aimpoint vs. Eotech matter, chucklefuck.
user is as user does.

Attached: WP_20170716_001[7].jpg (3072x1728, 1.01M)

Literally everything related to firearm accessories is SEO'd to shit with biased information. I do like the aesthetic of the 518. Is there any downside to keeping it over the EXPS?

Ah, so he has the time to help but just shitposts instead? Sad!

Jokes on you I haven't actively posted in /arg/ in months, get up to speed bitchboi.

No, anyone with google can quickly figure out why the models with in-line housing were put aside for the EXPS models you're just being lazy

I'm new at this, and I've only ever seen the longer ones in stores and public. I thought the EXPS might have been a completely different type of sight.

Either way, is there a huge disadvantage other than the length of the sight? I really like the look of the 518.

sell the meme folder and meme trigger and file a form 1

Holy shit dude, this isn't that fucking hard. LITERALLY the first fucking search result

gunivore.com/accessories/the-difference-between-eotech-xps2-and-512/

Fuck off

What grip is that?

lol, you are a fatty
filtered you fatty fat boy
can you hide a derringer in your arm rolls?

Thank you for the article, I'll stick with the 518 as I do not mind the weight increase.

And I meant overall looking at Google for good information. It's like googling "best portable headphones", you'll get a bunch of affiliate websites and almost no help. Which is why I'm asking yall.

It came with the MK18. You're talking about the barrel right?

Seems to be a Magpul AFG.

>I hear that a lot but I was looking at the Maxim Defense PDW
Assuming you're talking about the telescoping one it's really nice and an upgrade from the SB Tactical version. However you'll need to remove the LAW Folder you have on currently.

Move the AFG farther out
Ditch the DD brace and get an SBA3
Get a good red dot, aimpoint pro at least

>I don't know how to use google

PDW stocks/braces that can't close because lolbuffertube are retarded. Not to mention the complete lack of cheekweld.

>get up to speed

I don’t actively follow you, don’t flatter yourself

this is why asking Jow Forums for gun advice is the wrong idea. These neckbeards see one inrange or vickers tactical video and think they're special ops military armorer gunsmith seal team assasians and know more about guns then you do. watch this asshole call me a retard.

GTFO of my house wtf

To answer questions tho
Surefire M600DF for a light
Maybe get the appropriate holosun magnifier
Stick to MOLLE and get whatever plate carrier looks nice and the appropriate attachments for what you want as far as mag pouches etc
Any regular old barrel snake is fine, just stick to CLP for cleaner

Attached: IMG_20181231_192628.jpg (3840x2160, 1.97M)

>lolbuffertube
Collapses to a point shorter than a standard buffer. It's an AR platform, you've got to expect that going in.

>cheekweld
The Maxim actually has a decent cheekweld compared to others. Another reason it's better than the SB

Are you pretending to be this utterly clueless?

>HK sight paired w/ non-HK sight
>side-folder adapter
>brace
>chinesium dot
>memetrigger

Attached: 700.jpg (208x326, 10K)

Lol its uncanny. I thought you mirrored my image desu.

Got EOTECH coming in. And how do I decide position of grips?

>nuh uuuuh
your instagram brace is shit. stop trying to get others to make the same mistake as you so you can feel less bad.

I read that, still get an aimpoint. And the general rule is as far out as possible

But everyone knows that looking cool is the most important thing

What's the benefit of aimpoint?

Both irons are HK?

Battery life is way better and some have survived fires and IEDs.

Attached: image.jpg (670x412, 82K)

christ. hope he survived

Other user here
I came across a 40 dollar Weaver Qwik point and put it on my rifle...
How stupid am I?
Do you want pics?

Is the AR a fully semi-automatic?

yeah he survived just fine. it was a house fire

>40 dollar Weaver Qwik point
>Shooting 20 MOA

Attached: 1361580684987.jpg (307x352, 13K)

alright. was thinking it was combat related

Post pics

Why the fuck did you get an mk18 upper and not get an XPS or 553?

What's wrong with the MK18

No buli

Attached: flashgordan.jpg (2560x1280, 857K)

What's with the gun lock?

WA law
I get a lot of visits from police because Im vocal about the 2nd on my campus

God bless you zoomers

I have so many questions

Attached: 1360626693954.jpg (121x126, 2K)

>two stamps
>Zenitco railz
>$40 antique sight
>Trigger lock
Based

>DD MK-18 10.3"
>Binary trigger Gen III
yikes

I would really like to smash that dumb goose skull and roast the corpse.

?

Well, if you haven't learned that until this point then welcome to the hellhole

What's wrong with that