Parts kits thread

Let's have a parts kits and building thread.
My friend has a suomi parts kit for 175 and I was thinking about getting it. I've never built before and wondering if this is a good price and what's the learning curve for welding recievers?

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogzdCgbwIpQ
apexgunparts.com/parts-kits/h-k-mp5-parts-kit-8-5-bbl-9mm-3-position-lower-fixed-stock-picatinny-vg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=ogzdCgbwIpQ

What’s your experience level? Keep in mind you’ll have to also weld an extension on the barrel unless you SBR it.

None was going to grab the kit and sit on it while I build welding skills

Does the sand blasting and parkerizing have to be done during construction or can everything be assembled then do it?

it depends. The parkerizing is a coating process so any parts that are covered up wont get coated and will still be susceptible to rust in the future. The sandblasting is just to create a more reactive surface to increase the effectiveness of the parkerizing.

It’s not one of the easiest builds, and I’d say the hay day is past since everyone who wanted to build one has already done so. If you decide to go ahead with it, check out the builders forums. Also, it’s not just the welding, you have to do a bunch if work to the original bolt unless you just buy one pre made(they have them on GB), and the bolt metal is apparently super hard and well built. You’re probably buying a headache unless you know what you’re doing or have a lot of experience with other builds.

Yea but ya know what I think I'm just gonna take the plunge. I'll build up experience before I do this one so it is done well.

apexgunparts.com/parts-kits/h-k-mp5-parts-kit-8-5-bbl-9mm-3-position-lower-fixed-stock-picatinny-vg.html

Are these legal? Seems way to easy to slap the trigger housing on a different gun.

Attached: 16aug18-mp5hk-_1-fixedstockhk-.jpg (700x382, 24K)

Well what would someone do if they dont have their own sand blaster and parkerizer? Take it to a smith each time? Rent a sand blaster at a local machine shop and home parkerize somehow?

But wouldn't your reciever and bolt on the gun you slap on be full auto as well?

It would depend on if the receiver could accept it wouldn’t it? On my PTR, I installed a “clipped and pinned” metal lower that had once been full auto but is now compliant. I’m not sure if it wouldn’t fit a legal receiver or if it’d just get your dog shot.

this. if you can fit a nonregistered trigger pack in a gun then its legally a machine gun.

just got an imbel receiver boys. can finally put the fake argy together soon

Attached: 20180904_102252-1.jpg (3238x1544, 866K)

Good luck user, I was just warning you that if you run into trouble the readily available pre made semi auto parts are mostly gone since TNW washed their hands of it. Mines been in limbo for awhile, hopefully ready to go this spring.

That's what I'm saying. The fire control group is intact. I'm not seeing how cutting up the upper receiver stops me from slapping the pistol grip assembly on another gun. Maybe I just don't know enough about Mp5s.

I kind of like the idea of making a semi-auto build out of an actual H&K parts kit...but I don't want to get pupers shot.

Basically have pic related is legal. it is illegal to have an unregistered mp5 without the blocking bar on the receiver. This blocking bar fits inside that cut on the semi pack. It is also illegal to modify the f/a pack to have that cut and still be f/a. but you can get ones like that that are registered.

Attached: download.jpg (322x156, 7K)

All legal semi auto rollerlocks have this

Attached: Clipped_Examples-10.jpg (450x450, 41K)

Interesting. Would I be able to transfer enough of the original H&K parts over to a semi-auto build to be worth the effort? Or would one of the semi auto clones be a better bet?

with what you posted heres what you need:
semiauto trigger pack
receiver
blocking bar
and whatever you decide to do as far as sbr laws are concerned.
Can be done with nothing but a grinder, dremel tool, and welder.

Attached: 20180714_082404.jpg (3726x2976, 2.6M)

Get one. Or leave it unfinished. Or just spray paint it or something. Or pay a gunsmith to do it yeah.

So I should have no legal issues buying one of those kits and putting it away for a future semi-auto build?

correct

What are the options for uzi receivers?

I just want guns I cant normally get.

Kinda similar topic, I don't want to start its own thread. How has the 80% build stuff been? Have glock parts finally gotten more available? I feel like it's a little bit better than it was a while ago. I really want to build either a suomi or a pistol kit. What are some good ways to build pistols? I only really ever see glock or rifle parts.

glock market is booming right now.
I'm doing a glock 19 build. need irons and my KE bravo slide is at my friends shop getting guccicam black cerekote. not a single glock part.Gold blacklist barrel and rmr.

Attached: JPEG_20180905_145948crop.jpg (3120x3081, 2.42M)

Noice. I saw that I think polymer80 has the full size/large frames as well for 17/21/20, I kinda want in on that 10 mememeter action from a G20 build, but a 17 build would probably be more economical/sensible. I got big ass hands and the 19 size just doesn't feel right, and I'm not going to cc it.

do it. did the 19 because I wanted a gucci glock and already had a 17. want a 10mm but id keep it stock.