Handgun General - /hg/ - #249

What size do you prefer to carry?

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

PrevThred

Attached: orders of concealability.jpg (2400x1600, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-5-barrel-fiber-optic-front-sight-2-mags-gold-2826721.html
gunbroker.com/item/798317062
gunbuyer.com/catalog/product/view/id/117914/s/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-5-barrel-fiber-optic-front-sight-2-mags-2826721/
80pbuilder.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What IWB holster would you recommend for a LC9S?

Would carry a HK P7 if i lived in the states, but Straya lol

Got my dream gun recently, pretty happy bros.
Ignore the phillips head screws, just wanted to get my repro rig set up

Attached: Arty Luger 2.jpg (4976x2700, 2.23M)

Might as well keep postan

Attached: Mauser 1934 2.jpg (4740x3232, 2.61M)

Attached: Steyr M1912 2.jpg (5080x3372, 2.45M)

gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-5-barrel-fiber-optic-front-sight-2-mags-gold-2826721.html

Really thinking of picking this up at the end of the month. Sadly don't have any rentals near me to try it out. And the only PPQ around is an M2 and not M1 and 4 inch instead of 5.

Nice! I mean noice!

The non bling one is almost $100 less

gunbroker.com/item/798317062

gunbuyer.com/catalog/product/view/id/117914/s/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-5-barrel-fiber-optic-front-sight-2-mags-2826721/

Do you have queschuns?

Attached: p99s.jpg (2400x1209, 947K)

Absolutely beautiful, congratulations man I'm jealous as fuck

>What size do you prefer to carry?
Big chungus

Attached: IMG_20190124_221209_541.jpg (2607x1960, 1.58M)

Only thing I can think of is to call HK directly and see if they have one under a couch cushion somewhere. Are they blue/red/stainless color coded? I'm not incredibly familiar with/fond of the VP series guns

I know G17 15lb springs work and HKparts used to sell a kit for them.

Cheers Burt,
Thanks for the camera advice from a while ago.
Using a flash improved my photos tenfold.

Thanks man.
Any more plans for the MK23? I love that beast.

I'm gonna get a USP expert (9mm) soon for my first HK purchase

Yeah, I'm waiting on a group order rail adapter then I'm putting a Steiner SBAL-PL on it

>Pictured rail, from the guy getting thrm made (not my picture)
Lowest profile Mk23 rail in existence, it's an adaptation of a Surefire design

Attached: _190127_001728_673.jpg (2048x1365, 264K)

With a surefire attached. You can see it's almost glush with the bottom of the trigger guard.

>USP9 Expert
Fucking sexy! Congratulations, I know Sean Burrows shoots one for team HK, looks like an absolute dream on the range.

Attached: _190127_001808_240.jpg (2048x1365, 420K)

Damn dude, that's gonna look awesome

Yeah can't wait to get it. I hear nothing but good things about it

Attached: steiner-eopitcs-lasr-dev-sbal-pl-pistol-lsr-lgt-combo-9017-usage-1.jpg (978x550, 36K)

I'm stoked as fuck. The compensator is fun and all, but it's not exactly convenient for carry

The Expert is the perfect USP size, they look cool as hell with the match weight too

Attached: IMG_20190109_175020_143.jpg (1289x675, 285K)

Absolute unit

I wonder how it looks with an original suppressor
Ever thought about getting one? Or any suppressor for it?

I think the old 9mm springs are red and the new ones are unpainted (because they're the same for both calibers). I'll snoop around.

Yeah buddy, looking good! Play around with bounce flash angles, walls/ceilings and especially diffusers! My flashes have a flip-down diffuser built in for softer shadows, pic related, the little clear pyramid-covered hinged plate covering the flash emitter. If you want harder shadows, stow the diffuser.

Attached: 7D.jpg (1100x1650, 389K)

Ahh yeah forgot about the diffuser.
I just got a chink flash, the YN560 IV, but it works well.
I got more guns to photograph (waiting on a few pairs of wood grips), so will experiment more

No, because the stamp process would be a huge pain in my ass with how much I change addresses.
I definetly don't want solvent just leaking everywhere during cleaning though, I should get some kind of trap for that.

Yeah, the red springs are the reduced power/9mm/match springs
Maybe a P30 or P30L spring would work? My P30L 9mm has a red spring.

Attached: IMG_20180822_022601_814.jpg (2279x2014, 2.23M)

What kind of gun is that in the middle? It almost looks like a CZ.

Beretta Cougar I think. Predecessor of the PX4 and now made by Stoeger, a Beretta subsidiary.

It's an 8000, stoeger picked up production as the 'cougar'
It's basically an aluminum framed predecessor of the Px4

Just ordered a P10c. What am I in for besides a sudden urge to play Nintendo Switch and prep my wife’s son’s bull?

Sup /hg/ help a brother out, I'm not a huge fan of blocks but I want to buy a brand new Gen5 G17, and two-tone it, for reasons. Money is no object, what's the best way to go about this?Gentle bead blast for the nDLC and cerakote the slide in stainless? Pic related for the shade of grey I'm after.
>tldr I want to waste money for fun according to my tastes

Attached: twotone.png (590x452, 263K)

Why cerakote it? Why not just get a brushed stainless finish?

Just how tough is the cerakote on my new Scorpion elite?

Attached: 20190202_012457(1).jpg (2545x1965, 927K)

If it's a baked on finish you should be fine. The springs inside are gonna get fucked quickly, though. I don't know what it is about US made Sigs, but they are ass and I stick to older West German ones for that reason.

No clue bud, I don't really understand the subject of different finishes on guns but what I've gathered is I can't buy a stainless finished slide from the factory so I have to get it re-finished or coated by a third party. Something about the carbon steel (tenifer or not) pitting and corroding more easily if the black parkerizing is simply brushed/removed. Hence the question.

Attached: wallhaven-680441.jpg (3840x2160, 573K)

>I don't know what it is about US made Sigs, but they are ass and I stick to older West German ones for that reason.
Burt rage in 3.... 2.... 1...

Glock slides are stainless steel, they just have a surface finish.

Which spring(s) in particular?

Attached: 20190130_144522.jpg (4640x3480, 3.84M)

Picking up my Px4 compact from the lgs tomorrow, really excited to shoot it. While I'm there I'm going to pick up some ammo. Does anyone have recommendations for target and SD loads for the Px4?

Attached: 293839i2_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 60K)

Hornady 135 Critical Duty and Federal 124 HST is all I ever carry and IMO is the best you can buy.

Depends on environment
90% of the time I carry I full size APX combat variant. The other 10% of the time is a ruger sec9

This is my personal experience, YMMV, but I shoot Herter's select brass and Federal aluminum at the range because it's cheap and consistent. And when I carry a 9mm I carry Federal 124gr +p HST

The +p doesn't give so much an increased wounding potential, but it's added energy in cycling your recoil operated gun. I think the biggest argument in favor of +p 9mm or even 40 S&W is increased reliability in many compact guns.

Attached: DSC05397tc.jpg (1698x1211, 266K)

Thanks guys, I'll check these out. I'll probably get a variety of ammo to test

P30/G19 is as small as I like to go
you will have a $5,000 cary gun

Attached: EDC 1619.jpg (900x804, 393K)

Anything in the fire control group and especially the mainspring housing area. Shit's gonna get fucked because of the metals they choose to cheap out on.

Nonsense! $3600 at most

Attached: IMG_20181019_125027_107.jpg (1080x566, 74K)

How does the SP01 Phantom compare to the standard SP01? It seems appealing for $400...

It's polymer and it shouldn't be, so there's that.

Polymer isn't bad, msking a steel or aluminum frame gun polymer without properly adjusting the dimensions is bad.

Do the frames crack or something?

I really like the idea of the SP01 Phantom because I have a mountain of CZ75b mags. But I don't like the weight of the standard SP01. I guess I better look at the P09

Which Glock generation is superior?

Also, are beavertails gay tacticool shit on a Glock, or are they actually useful?

Attached: herosmallL1L2L3img2x.jpg (750x580, 91K)

I've never heard of them cracking and the dimensions have been changed for the phantom. It doesn't even fit in steel sp01 holsters. user is talking out of his ass.

If you want anything aftermarket for it, gen3.

If you ride the gun abnormally high or have big meaty ham-hands, AND have gotten slide-bite from it before, then a beavertail is a good idea for you.

Gen 3 was the peak. Everything after is pleb filter.

Comfy handgun with a pretty great trigger.
Also the stippling can be aggressive.

Alien Gear

They make great CCW IWB holsters, super comfy, conceals well. A bit on the pricey end but I figured if it’s something you’ll have attached to you plus your pistol, it better be good quality.

Attached: B34CB298-1397-47D5-B19A-3FD8BD4BDAD6.png (450x325, 34K)

Just recently picked up a HK USP 45 full size, Used for $486 plus 3 mags. Quite a steal. You will not regret buying an HK

Attached: 90ABB7CE-3FEA-48D0-9573-010106C3A914.jpg (1537x2050, 406K)

How do you dress?
Do you regularly wear a belt?

alien gear is a step above blackhawk. very low quality as are all hybrid holsters

Are you a Mexican?

>That carbon stained muzzle
Peak aesthetic

Attached: 20160817_152149-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 276K)

Italian

Turkshit 1911. Dios mio.

Glock 19

My alien gear 4.0 has served me well. I carry 4:30 and I don’t even recognize I have a gun attached to me at times. Hasn’t failed me yet.

Chink fag

Attached: 049F4A9A-4D8D-4213-B707-6D9EC493FF71.jpg (757x505, 37K)

Shoots suprisingly well for a $350 gun

Attached: 9 rounds Herter's 230gr, 10yds standing.jpg (1069x723, 527K)

What’s the gun in the middle?

See

Has it been reliable?

Thx for spoonfeeding

show me grip /hg/

Attached: polar.jpg (398x339, 26K)

Those are great for the money, they basically do everything these days. That one's got a diffuser too, pic related just slide this little shelf out and it'll spring down over the flash emitter. It also has a little bounce built in (the little white card in the same spot) but you don't want that, push it back in when you deploy the diffuser

You can update ATF with a gorillion addresses, I've done it a couple of times with Form 4s.

Attached: 7vl431s3.jpg (500x500, 50K)

No problem

Yeah, I bought two, one I left stock (internally) the other I went full retard on.
Both are reliable with round nose ball and 230gr HST, never tried crazy nosed hollowpoints. The stock one occasionally doesn't like SWCs but the one I polished up will literally feed empty casings from the mag.

Let me have my excuses dammit!
I'm also moving before the tax stamp would be approved.

Is that one of the ones that responds to your camera flash and triggers remotely?

Nah he's right the springs CAN rust. Just like on any gun. I just cleaned rust off my Ruger LCP this morning.

The hammer spring in particular, but any metal on any gun can rust. It'd be a good idea to take the grips off and give a wipe of oil to the hammer spring.

Federal HST should be available, try to get it in 50 round boxes as it's about 1/3 as expensive that way. Also Remington Golden Saber, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger-T and PDX1 are good SD choices. I like 147gr for most guns as it's a little more powerful but not +P so I can use it in all guns, but 124 and 124 +P are great too.

For blasting ammo, buy online if you don't see 9mm 115 or 124 for under $10/box of 50 of brass case

It's attached to the camera so the camera directly controls the flash through electrical contacts on the foot (the stand comes off the bottom so it can attach to the camera)

Attached: progression.jpg (2200x1467, 1.27M)

Right now its mostly jeans and a hoodie or jacket. I wear a belt, but I should probably get a reinforced one to carry. Still at uni so I usually dress pretty casually.

How do you use it with the stand?

Ive biult a couple of gen 3 glocks from the P80 kits.

Im looking for 80 percent kits that i can build thats isnt just another glock kit

Oh duh right, yeah it has an infrared sensor, the red panel on the front. It can activate remotely one of three ways, it can sense other flashes going off including the camera's integral flash, it can sense infrared signals from other flashes (one flash on the camera, one flash placed remotely) or you can attach a radio/wifi/infrared transmitter to the camera to trigger the flash. It will trigger when it senses one of those things

>I carry 4:30 and I don’t even recognize I have a gun attached to me at times.
Other people do. Its the most obvious place to carry and limits the size of the gun you can carry compared to an aiwb setup.

Gotcha, that's pretty ninja, I wonder how well it would work with a cellphone

What do I choose for my innawoods carry (mostly for homeless and avoiding Deliverance scenarios)

Stuck between some kind of mighty 9 or a 1911

Glock 20. You should be more worried about curious bears and aggressive boars.

80pbuilder.com/

Just blackbear where I am, relitivly docile as long as you leave them be, no boar here either. I have however been followed by homeless in the dead of night and that gave me the creeps

A bear is a bear and crackheads aren't normal people. You want a woods gun, that means high capacity and high velocity.

A hi-point 10mm carbine

A Glock 19 with several improvements that actually fits human hands.

Glock 17, Glock 19 or Glock 19x as a gun for home defense and SHTF?

Attached: 84B2370A-73E3-4078-AEEE-DF42640F280E.jpg (864x1080, 127K)

17 if you're that determined to go with glock.

Any user experience you hope to mitigate would depend on a whole pile of context.
Generally I'd say go as big as you can and stop there.

Attached: EDC 5 18 17 2.jpg (911x800, 927K)

Long boi Glock 17L

Jesus Christ I don't know how it never occurred to me that the 8000 was the predecessor to the PX4.
That makes so much more sense now.

Speaking of preferred carry size... I'm that dude that posted about looking at the P99 a few threads ago, and I'm sort of lost. I own two full size handguns, don't carry yet. I've slipped both my USP and Glock into my waistband just to see what it's like, and both seem just a tad too big for me to carry comfortably; it feels like the grips get hung up on my t-shirt and would print too much. In the last couple days I've been concerned that if I drop cash on a midsize like the P99AS I might still think it's too big to comfortably conceal. Does losing hald inch or more off of grip length make a big difference? I don't really like the in-hand or shooting feel of subcompacts and I like the idea of a longer sight radius, but for self-defense I guess it wouldn't really matter for an altercation that's likely only to last seconds.

Attached: P99AS.jpg (800x800, 60K)

>Does losing hald inch or more off of grip length make a big difference?
Yes, but the holster matters just as much, a good claw on a holster makes a world of difference, I CC a Mk23 with an extended magazine under a turtleneck, others carry G17 sized pistols under tshirts, the combination of a good holster (claw, wing, wedge, etc...) a good belt, and appendix carry are like magic.

P2000 light lem is the best concealed carry handgun on the market.

Sub compact in the pocket, all day every day. I fucking hate IWB, drives me bonkers all day. Pocket is way more comfortable to me, which means I actually carry instead of thinking up excuses not to.

What gun do you carry? I pocket carried a pps M2 for awhile but had to sell it due to financial trouble

Not him but I pocket carry an LC9S Pro. Disappears into a pocket, decent sights, acceptable trigger.

Looking for some advice bros.
I am not new to shooting, but I've never seriously practiced that much with pistols, just shotguns.
I have a G17, but I've been thinking about getting my CC and it seems too big to carry comfortably. From lurking, a lot of anons here have said to get comfortable with a full size before buying a compact or especially a subcompact.
Should I just stick to my glock for a few months and go to the range weekly until I can group pretty well then decide on a smaller pistol?
Also I like the idea of having a cz striker fired also, but I think it might just be too similar to my glock to justify the purchase since I'm not a big collector.

you don't have to justify anything. CZ strikers are good to go and a definite improvement. Don't worry about a cc piece until you have your permit. Just shoot purposefully and improve in the meantime.

Learn to budget, faggot.

newguy here. what am i doing if im shooting center but low?

not shooting enough

Jerking the trigger

Karmic incompatibility between fixed sights and cheap practice ammo