Oldfag thread

How long have you guys been on Jow Forums?

My first memories are from bundy ranch, the ukranian riot livestreams, and the strelok that ate that bullet of some kind.

Attached: IMG_7849.png (1242x2208, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1th9gmD4dEra3I9JvDSQZidq10h6TEG6y/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got my first leaf gun loicense almost exactly 5 years ago so around that time.

Early 2016

I’ve been here since around 2011 or 2012 when I bought my first gun. Nuggets and 7.62x54r were still affordable then.

2007 or so, though I was mostly a faggot /b/tard back then. Now I spend all my time in Jow Forums, /out/, and /tg/. Earliest meme I remember from 4chins is Row Row Fight the Powah. Participated in the chanology protests like a fucking autist, too. I've been here since C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER was still fresh... I've been here way too fucking long

Attached: 09058208.png (399x388, 111K)

Earliest shit I've found on my computer was from around 2009 or so.

Attached: Hey yall we hangin drywall today.jpg (1167x1132, 176K)

>oldfag
>first memories are bundy ranch

Been here too long to keep track. I emmigrated from /x/ when it died it's final death in what? 2010? 2009? When was GigaPuddi? That was the last nail in a once great board. Since then I've been chilling here, /tg/, and eventually /mlp/ when that became a thing. Started going to Jow Forums one mods banned the Z-Trial threads. I've been here too long, but there's no where else to go.

Tbh Im not sure how long Ive been on here, all my screencaps are gone. I wanna say it was 2011ish, I was a freshman when my buddy showed me this board

Been here since 2006, I think. Bought my first nugget around then. I remember Duke Nukem, eventually SQUID and the others. It was a much closer community back then.

Started lurking then, began to post a bit after being hazguns in mid 2017

I became hazguns in mid 2016, but posted in 2017.

The lurking for info really did help

09 here. Was prominent on FJ back in 2007 and prior and was involved with high key players back in halo3 tournies coaching a friend which granted small infamy(was fun back then). I did a lot of stuff including the MOAB of drop boxes (when dropboxes were being hacked) and being dollanon here and know some popular people here. On /x/ I did some larpy shit after going down a rabbit hole and left after daily tulpa threads and dumb stuff. I miss the days of /x/.. On Jow Forums they literally had a melt down over me being able to gain strength and lose fat at the same time and after time they became incredibly gay. I never liked /v/. I never liked /b/ after I left many moons ago. I never liked any other thread. Jow Forums was fun as fuck back and I don't care what people say participating in foreverchan to bring down Shia's gay flag was the funnest autism I ever experienced online. Raids was ok. There was good times and bad times. Never liked anonymous. Never identified as "alt-right". Always stayed as anonymous. Never trip coded. Ever. I silently make content on the side and throw it into this cesspool. On Jow Forums I'd start daily troubleshooter threads and never tripped but had built custom laptops,xboxs and some other fun stuff. I usually come, contribute, leave. Rinse and repeat on which ever board I inhabit. Jow Forums strikes me as homely board. Jow Forums is screaming it's head off all the time now like a bum on the street corner chanting the end is nigh. /b/ is literally skidrow or worse. You never want to go there except this one time and only time I did in 6 months I told this other dollfag to go back to his gay dollforums and he deleted the thread. Honestly it's fun to bully those retards who takes things too seriously. I don't even save pics from times ago. I just let it go and die out in time. I've been here too long and next few days I turn 30. Might be time to put the towel down. I mean it was fun to do shit anonymously.

I'm not really an oldfag, about '16 or so is when I started going on Jow Forums regularly. Syria shit was pretty big and there were pretty often "happening" threads. good memories.

Attached: 1523694750830.jpg (800x600, 154K)

2016, maybe later '15.

>got here in 2014
>"I'm an oldfag!"
leave and kill yourself

Fuck off election fags

>electionfags
No wonder this board suddenly became even shittier in 2016

2008, my first apartment, I remember shitposting garugamesh on /b/ and being turbo-noguns on Jow Forums

2012? I think.

Which hobby do you think has more douchebags, photography or firearms? It's pretty close imho

Off and on since 2008. My earliest Jow Forums memories are the height of nugget mania and nugget memes, dudes pretending they we're Russian and practically shooting up cosmoline, and actually being able to find questionably legal stuff on here.

I remember the golden era of cheap Slavshit and jerking off with cosmoline. I remember back when the bored was a bunch of irreverent faggots talking about taking shitty SKSs innawoods not to hunt skinwalkers or do stalker challenges, but because they had a twelve pack of PBR and some tannerite. I remember how optimistic we all were before sandy vagina...

God, it hurts..

>remembering the greasy combloc poorfags and their 7.62>5.56, ak>ar15 threads
>remembering when there was a sizable count of mall ninjas and want to be cops bragging about their crown vics
>remembering unironic 9mm vs 45 threads

'member $349 WASRs with hardcase and 5 mags at Atlantic? i 'member

post it

All of these memories, lost... like tears... in rain...

There is a part of me that refuses to leave this place because it means that memory is closer to fading away. I don't want to forget. I want to go back.

'05. I stopped lurking here (and became hasguns) when they tried to clean this place up, and I came back to every faggot that showed up during/after that claiming to be an oldfag

>unironic 9mm vs 45 threads
Those aren't dead completely. Those threads were salty as fuck too.

There was alot of absolutely rock stupid shit on here back then. I unironically like it better now.
In some ways it's gotten better you can still appreciate that. Don't be the guy pining for the "glory days" of high school. No one likes that guy, not even him.

Not that guy but I dont think the board has gotten better or terribly worse for that matter. Its just different I see a lot less cool content and new shit and the general threads are literal fucking aids. still many gems to be found in the lesser threads though.

I miss the excess of alcohol and weird old surplus, and banter without idiots chiming in "go back to /*/"

I honestly wish jewtube 100% banned gun channels because I hate all of them and their cults of personality/shilling because they're paid off.

Been on and off Jow Forums since the character Noh was a thing in /tg/ but haven’t been here regularly since 2014.

nobody cares faggot

Attached: first time ive ever seen this.gif (260x260, 820K)

Remember when WASRs were considered shit-tier rifles because Saigas were $400?

>$400
Sweaty Ben used to sell them for $299

Remember Classic Arm's shitty Internet 1.0 website that sold AES-10Bs as "heavy barreled AK snipers?"

Ignore the haters user. That's what trolling is now, saying something to get any reaction. Like said there's still gems just focus on those.
The alcohol isn't coming back, that's a generational shift.

Last ones ever get them before they're gone

Im
and Id argue the general accurate and useful knowledge has grown since then and I think it has a lot to do with the user base aging.
Theres still new people, retards, and misinfo but I was around 15 in 2008 and was more in touch with reality, physics, and how to search and prove my claims than a lot of posters here.

The overall quality has improved from "so bad it's mildly entertaining/schizophrenic" to mediocre. The gems used to be more varied and impressive.
I miss
the weirdly high number of cops
the racism being more casual and less politicized
the incredible number of actual lunatics
the threads of anons photo documenting weird old war equipment

>Its just different I see a lot less cool content and new shit
I feel that though

>a lot less cool content
The rise of smartphones and the demise of illegal copies of photoshop, literally being seeded everywhere. Like it was.

I remember when Squid was the most annoying tripfag because he had two SCARs, and Jow Forums thought M1 Garands would replace Nuggets because we discovered how to game the CMP "gun club" requirement by making our own with printable ID cards distributed via email.

this but more forcefully

Who were the other obnoxious tripfags? I remember a trip named 9mm who was a turbo autist cunt but noone seems to remember him

2011 BROTHERS
Bought my SKS in Christmas 2012, was my first fun.
>pic related
Later sold it to some average Dad guy for $650 after Sandy Hook.

Attached: imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg (2048x1152, 397K)

>two SCARs
Well, fuck him. I can see why you hated him.

Proud 2015 oldfag

I member

Absolutely gorging on them 'member berries ITT

>2011
I am the cancer that killed /b/

iirc he was one of the first big gearqueers on Jow Forums, so all the poorfag slavaboos who could only afford nuggets and SKSes hated him.

Since 2004. I remember being able to namepost to have conversations without having to tripcode, and when secure tripcodes could be double length if you did it right.

My first ban was on the anniversary of nuking hiroshima in 2005, when I tried to organize a Jow Forums raid of 2chan, a few weeks before I moved to go to law school.

This. The trolling and shitposting nowadays is low quality and low effort. I know I'm a fucking nostalgiafag, but I genuinely think the quality of Jow Forums has declined. Not that I'm one of those guys that hates nu-Jow Forums, but I'm disappointed that we get, at best, one fun, unique thread a day.

People used to do some stupid, crazy, hilarious shit, document it, and then post it here. It's what made this board the fucking best.

Nothing to troll, everyone just hides in their Generals now. When I get bored I go on to one of my akfiles accounts and shitpost a bit before I trigger you know who and he bans me for the billionth time.

Bring back snacks!

When the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were more active it was cool seeing Jow Forumsommandos posting timestamps from some godforsaken village somewhere. I do miss that.

Fair point. I guess, it's not all bad, though. I have some good discussion these days. Whenever oldfags recognize one another, there's a mutual respect. Like veterans of a war from opposing sides meeting in a time of peace. The world changed, but we remember.

Yeah, the generals killed a lot of the spontaneousness of this board.

dunno since 06 or 07 I think

megathreads are the demise of all forums, Jow Forums is mildly resistant, due to post limits, but it doesn't stop people from trying.

The invaders claim that they're natives, and screech about being invaded whenever oldfags pop back in, it's the goddamn native americans all over again

Don't post this in its own thread, which will live or die by its own merits, post it in a megathread because it makes me feel powerful

Jow Forums in general was about 2011, but I don't remember when I started browsing Jow Forums specifically. If I had to guess, it was about 4 or 5 months before the happening in the Ukraine.

Surprised at the amount of /tg/ and Jow Forums overlap, praise the Omnissiah.

>mfw started browsing Jow Forums in 2014
>mfw i still feel like a newfag and it's been 5 years
JUST

Came from /tg/ around 2010.
Not even sure why I am still here.

>Not even sure why I am still here.
Good metaphor for life itself as an adult.

Try this
drive.google.com/file/d/1th9gmD4dEra3I9JvDSQZidq10h6TEG6y/view

Attached: what you were expecting some ancient file name?.jpg (410x404, 29K)

This. The general threads are fucking Jow Forumsancer, there's a general for everything, even though there are already dedicated forums for those faggots. AR general, AK general, milsurp general, milsurp clothing general, Jow Forums video games general, Jow Forums literature general, anime general, it's fucking retarded.

2013-14. ain't shit.