Bushmaster ACR

Is it any good? Red pill me on the Bushmaster ACR.

Attached: 3924_bushmaster_acr.jpg (2592x1944, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/415005566/bushmaster_acr_pstl_223rem_105_blk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>redpill

Attached: you talk like a fag.jpg (1274x830, 375K)

>bushmaster
There's your answer.

The ACR came out right around the same time as the SCAR. It's certainly more affordable than a SCAR, and seems to be decent for the most part. However for the money, you can build a very good AR-15.

Honestly better than a SCAR but a little pricey
And when I saw little I mean little, it's not an awful price but I would rather just get a nice AR with that much
Also are those barrel conversions a thing yet, I remember watching the military channel show Future Weapons back when I was in elementary school and that was the big pitch with this thing but I heard it never came to fruition

>better than SCAR
By what criteria?

Weighs less. No ugg boot stock. More ergonomic aka smaller rail.

It also doesn't fucking work.

The Bushmaster ACR weighs almost a full pound more than the SCAR 16S. Its stock is known to break at the hinge, and its quad rail is no slimmer than the SCAR's. Have you actually used either of these rifles outside of a video game?

>t. Person who spent way too much on a SCAR and now feels defensive about his purchase

>weighs less
No, it weighs more. A standard 7.62 SCAR weighs the same as a 5.56 ACR.
>no ugg stock
This is a negative, not a positive.
>More ergonomic aka smaller rail.
How does that make it more ergonomic?
Not one person I've ever met who bought a SCAR has regretted it. I've known exactly one person who had an ACR, and they curse Remington to this day because of it.

>I've known exactly one person who had an ACR, and they curse Remington to this day because of it.

I can attest to similar experiences. Such a shame to, because the ACR is what first really pulled me into firearms. RIP Mac.

It's fine. Very front heavy. It won't be as good as an AR at the same price point. Be sure to put threadlocker on all the screws.

Attached: 20181121_122823.jpg (4656x2620, 3.47M)

The only thing that keeps it from dominating the market is sub par accuracy and a high price.

Everybody wants one, but no one wants to pay $1500 for it.

>apparently they make a pistol version now
budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/415005566/bushmaster_acr_pstl_223rem_105_blk

>Everybody wants one, but no one wants to pay $1500 for it.

The original MSRP for the Enhanced was $3,061 lol.

Bren 2 is what you want OP

It pretty much failed for two reasons: Magpul promised people the moon when it came to this rifle, and it came out at the time when Arfcom was probably the most influential firearms discussion forum on the Internet. Magpul hyped up the Masada to imply it would replace the A-15, which everyone knows is impossible. They led people to believe it would be very affordable, while also promising it would have caliber conversions readily available. Remington/Bushmaster were unable to live up to these promises when it actually came down to bringing the ACR to market. Perhaps the most ridiculous complaint about the ACR that contributed to its negative reputation in online circlejerks was the fact that it was only available with a 1:9 twist barrel. The Colt and Noveske fanboys from Arfcom wouldn't touch it because 1:7 is the mil standard due to 62gr M855 (green tip) replacing 55gr M193. However, most civilians wind up shooting M193 or foreign versions of it (Israeli surplus, Wolf Gold) because of price. A lot of ranges ban green tip ammo because the steel cores can potentially cause a spark that could ignite unburned powder. M193 is just better than M855 in almost every way, so there's nothing wrong with the ACR having a 1:9 barrel.

It's babby's first rifle, not in a bad way however.
the thing comes apart into about 5 pieces: upper, lower, bcg, handguard, and barrel.
it's my favorite rifle, but yea its a little hefty, and you might wanna put a geissele super acr trigger on that bitch tho

Fuck off shill.

Too bad it's probably going to cost $2,000 ++

Don't forget the repeated launch delays, exorbitant retail price mentioned above, and eventual safety recall that killed any hope the ACR had left. It was DOA and never given a real opportunity to shine. Remington Defense has killed the military version along with the RGP carbine. It's pathetic how just now they're finally beginning to offer caliber conversions to... wait for it... .450 Bushmaster.

Sad, the ACR is dead.

That's great and all but 1:8 exists.

>polymer AR180
it's worth 800 tops.
>parts rattle off from basic use
make it 500 and I'd consider it just for the novelty.

They're alright. The first gen were junk and had a ton of issues and weren't really that reliable. The current new ones available are actually pretty decent and have ironed out most of the old kinks. The new ones Remington showed off the past year have been total shit. MAC did a video on a pistol version and it was a shit show. They're popular up here in Canada because if you put an 18.5" barrel on them they're classed as non-restricted. With a good barrel they're really precise rifles. The quad rail version is heavy as shit. The standard handguard is more weight efficient. You can also pimp it out with a $500 aftermarket handguard and take off almost a full pound of weight. Geissele also makes a nice trigger for it. But after that, it becomes $4k CAD. Looks cool, though.

Attached: 41242238705_3db2af3ae4_k.jpg (2048x936, 655K)

>Not one person I've ever met who bought a SCAR has regretted it.
The fact that secondhand scars for sale exist would disagree with you.

>people only resell things because they are bad

Attached: 1507408558370.png (408x450, 34K)

It looks cool and the stock is great; a lot of SCAR builds use a ACR stock on them. But the whole point of this thing is being able to do caliber conversions on the fly, and you really can't unless you are willing to pay out the ass for Bushmaster's whopping selection of two (2) available calibers that aren't even readily available. IIRC, the calibers that aren't 5.56 are only available if you buy a completely new rifle.
tl;dr: It sucks.

I don't know but I'm picking up my Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 tomorrow. Pic isn't mine but one just like it will be tomorrow.

Attached: 33c100b450400e49ce2edbf3435c3973.jpg (640x480, 103K)

>Future Weapons
rip in piece

Bushmaster