The M1911

Why is there so much controversy around this gun?
Why is it either extremely hated or extremely loved? Why don't people have such strong opinions about the 1000s of other handguns out there?

Attached: 1911.png (1530x958, 1.39M)

They hate us cause they anus.

an iconic thing will always have radical beliefs on either side, look at people like Boxxy or Crackychan

Post the Image

Are you talking about the guy who got like 6 or seven digits saying something like:
"2 world wars, guarantee it makes in appearance in WW3"

you got a bunch of posers who think its the best thing ever because "muh WWII assthetics" and "it wun the war", you got a bunch of bitches who hate it only because the posers love it.
In reality the only justifiable angle to have on it is "it was a revolutionary invention that is now obsolete, but that does not take away from its impact on firearm technology"

Attached: goin' in.jpg (821x1024, 186K)

>obsolete
>no longer used or produced
Hmmmmmmm

What makes it obsolete?

>Why is there so much controversy around this gun?
There isn't.
It's just Jow Forums making a big deal about nothing.

Serious question though
If I buy this am I "behind" or wasting money?
What exact grievances do people have with the performance of this gun?

Same as any other gun, don't buy shit.

one main issue is not enough rounds in 1 magazine, compared to everything else in the modern day

That's just how we as a society are about a lot of things that are popular. You either love it or hate it. Think the marvel movies, glocks, and Honda civics. Some people claim they're the best thing since sliced bread, others claim they're worse than satan's asshole

Attached: 20190201_154956_crop_1008x604.jpg (1008x604, 621K)

since we're talking about the original and not new variations (since OP did not specify), it was chambered in .45 acp, was a single stack, no adjustable sights (noted they were mass produced) and no safety decocker

>that is now obsolete

USMC disagrees

Attached: obsolete.jpg (2000x1216, 250K)

Well the USMC is obsolete as well, sooo.....

>Well the USMC is obsolete as well

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean

>onions-z 75
>glawknades
>nu-Sig
>handnuggets/slavshit
>SLIDE MOUNTED SAFETY
>Hillary holes

There is not one gun without controversy

>aesthetic
>single action with great trigger
>THICC .45 bullets
What is not to love?

Every pistol of the era was single stack. There is nothing wrong with .45 especially since when compared to other pistols of the era it did not come with the capacity penalty. Almost nothing had user adjustable sights at the time. Safety>decocker.

Ah I remember witnessing that

this
In the right color it's probbaly the best looking non revolver aronud

yep

I don't hate it or extremely love it.

I have only owned two handguns in my life, a glock and a 1911.

Both a great guns, the 1911 is like a fast car, stylish, but finicky at times.

The glock is like a ford bronco, rugged ugly but dependable.

When was the last time there was an amphibious assault?

Also why the hell does a country need an invasion force...

>When was the last time there was an amphibious assault?
Korea
>Also why the hell does a country need an invasion force...
also Korea

Not even kidding I deleted that screen cap yesterday

It is an extremely reliable pistol in a caliber (.45) that is perfect for the job in which it was intended.
Face a military armed with the .45 and 06 or 308 and see how fast your mind changes about 9mm and 5.56.

>When was the last time there was an amphibious assault?

>Also why the hell does a country need an invasion force...

You make some really cogent points user. Moreover, why do we even need a Navy? It's not like we're out there having boatfights

The more I think about it, why do we need a standing military at all? When was the last time there was a real war?

Attached: anon.png (251x201, 7K)

they are cool but tend to break right? lot of controversy there

TWO

Attached: 1911get.jpg (2000x2000, 3.34M)

WORLD

Attached: 1911pacific.jpg (1912x1076, 353K)

WARS

Attached: 1911tankbuster.jpg (1915x1078, 240K)

(...AND WW3)

Attached: 1911gisight.jpg (1093x2000, 149K)

The 1911 influenced more handgun designs than any other. That being said, the 1911 isnt super versatile. It's two main "flaws" are the fact that it's a single stack full sized pistol with a SA only trigger system. If a thin framed, full size pistol with an amazing trigger is what your situation calls for, then the 1911 is definitely the most logical choice (like target shooting or something). But tacticool dudes tend not to like it because muh decocker and 19 round mags. It's a fantastic gun, but it struggles to compete against other viable options in our era of advanced bullet designs, ballistic knowledge, and ease of carry

Aren't extended mags available in your country or what?

>they are cool but tend to break right? lot of controversy there
This pic related 1911 was found in an dried up old riverbed where fishermen long ago used to hang the exact same kind of shitty bait.

Attached: 1911_beyond_reproach.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

Bro. We ain't talking about its Era. We are talking about the now.

Attached: IMG_20190204_121313.jpg (338x558, 70K)

I kinda want to customize a 1911 like MGS3’s.

There is nothing wrong with 7 rounds of 45. Come let me empty this magazine at you and you tell me if it is useless in the now.

Also I got your decocker right here.

Attached: nyandog.jpg (750x397, 53K)

>Ford Bronco
>Dependable

Pick one.

Kek

>tfw have Auto Ordnance 1911A1
>tfw it jams on the last round of every magazine
>tfw it doesn't matter what brand I use, whether it's Mec-Gar, Wilson or Kahr
>tfw sent it back to kahr and they changed the recoil spring
>nothing changed
>change extractor
>nothing changed
>polish feed ramps and chamber
>nothing changes

Shoulda got a Colt. I've used Perfecta, PMC, Aguila and Federal. All same results. Or maybe I shouldn't have gotten a 1911 to begin with. The only reason I still have it is I never want to part with any of my guns. I'm a hoarder.

hope you're using FMJ, user. S&B works well for me. even winchester. never fired those other brands. using springfield mags and one mecgar.

I've only used FMJ. I haven't tried S&B yet. I think I tried WWB and it was shit. What brand 1911 do you have? If the gun functioned better I'd take it out more often and get more mags and accessories for it.

they make 1911's in doublestack, and many other calibers. they're everywhere.

ATI, Filipino made. I've had one FTE in 600rd, zero FTFs.

Attached: 191136rounds.jpg (1500x844, 346K)

What justifies "enough?" The average number of rounds fired in a civilian self defense shooting is 3. 8 rounds in a 1911 is almost 3 times that much. The funny thing is, the same people who meme about "muh capacity" carry a single stack 9 like a shield or glock 43 which holds roughly the same amount of rounds as a 1911 or a revolver.

Anyone have a Rock Island 1911? If so, what's how do you feel about it?

I got the "tactical elite" or whatever one in a trade. The finish is trash and I expected it to be a shitty gun but it shoots like a dream and has had no problems at all.
Kind if turned my thinking around on 1911s, never was a big fan but this one is pretty amazing for the price.
I've put 3,000 rounds through it and it hasn't fucked up once.

Honestly I'm just really disappointed in my 1911. I used to live in NY and it was my first pistol. That's the biggest reason I don't want to get rid of it. With how long I waited to get it I should have just spent the extra $200 and gotten something better.

maybe it's your slide stop, bruh

Any chance it could be? It's always FTF, it ejects just fine. Pic is not my 1911, but it jams like this.

Attached: da885e41-7aa6-49f7-b651-d831f48a3ecd_zps0a93da73.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

Because it was designed for men who used a pistol as a weapon, not a toy.
>it was chambered in .45 acp,
What is your point?
>was a single stack,
Double stack 45s are too fat.
>no adjustable sights (noted they were mass produced)
Adjustable sights are a waste of time. The sights should be dead center from the factory.
>and no safety decocker
Decockers are absolutely useless. There is no reason to carry a pistol in any condition other than cocked.

Lol

The 1911 is one of those guns that's excellent in some areas and outdated in others. The big things it has going for it (other than aesthetics) are its ergonomics and trigger, which are still, too this day, generally considered top of the line, especially for a service pistol. On the other hand the gun has limited magazine capacity and reliability issues and is a SAO gun, all of which contribute to it being outdated.
From personal experience I've had my Colt Commander for 4 years and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. I was able to reliably shoot steel with it straight out of the box as opposed to my Glock 22 and other Glocks (my mother shot IPSC with Glocks so I grew up with them) which took me forever to get to the same level of accuracy and speed. Part of that is on me but part of that is on the great ergos and trigger of a 1911. That being said, I've had some reliability issues with my 1911 and my CC gun is still either a Glock 22 or my S&W 916
The USMC dropped the M45 because the frames kept cracking. That being said, a Marine recently got some sort of recors for longest confirmed kill with a pistol using one.

I just ordered some S&B ammo and a full length guide rod and new springs. Let's see if they work out.

Magazine issues.

good luck user! I've never used a FLGR, post results after the range.

>Why don't people have such strong opinions about the 1000s of other handguns out there?
believe me, they do

Nam and nam more like it.

Or early iraq

The fact that double stack 1911s do not sell is a testament to how fundamentally outdated the 1911. It's not just the capacity. It's been fixed, but people don't want those. A 1911 - even when the magazine is expanded - is less preferable than any other handgun with the same capacity. The 1911 is heavier. It wears more. Jams more. It's Britain at the end of WW2; a former world power in denial of its lost status.

double stack with a .45 cal bullet is stupid. slimness is the 1911's advantage over the beretta. saying that double stack 1911s means the platform is bad is staggeringly retarded and you should go to bed and think about that.

Attached: gaston-glock.jpg (520x335, 39K)

Bro we all hate it, it's heavy as shit for no returns. No one uses it if they don't have to

I am extremely confident that Jow Forums has a bigger hateboner foot the 92fs than the 1911

best fealin gun in my hand....why I dont carry or own
REALITY

anyone have the pic of a 1911 with a dick drawn on it?

No one hates the 92fs, except to be stupid and contrary.

It's not perfect, but works fine as intended.

What do people have against the 92FS?

No Jow Forumsommando hates the 92fs

I own a 1911 with a para lower it is double stack I cc it and it has never failed. I don't get the hate it is a good gun.

>A
>FUCKING
>SLIDE
>SAFETY

>grip is bigger than an xbox controller
>fuckhuge gun, shoots 9mm
>exposed barrel, shitty action is a copy of 1911 tilting barrel
>decocker
>pain in the ass to detail strip, requires tools
1911 is better in all ways, fight me.

It's the perfect retard filter. If you see someone complaining about it you've found a retard. It's great.

Thats it? Get a better gripe

have you ever shot a 1911 OP?

Shit b8

>is a double action pistol
>can't be concealed

Attached: wojakbottomless.jpg (645x729, 81K)

No need for the 1911 when Glock exists

>bro, it's too heavy
Maybe if you're an actual fucking twig. How much of a pansy do you have to be to complain about something that weighs less than 3lbs?

Subtle kek

>need

Limpwristing poor fags hate the 1911

holy shit my sides

Attached: Risitas Wheeze Two.png (227x271, 73K)