Should we hunt everything?

I saw this pic, did a quick Google search out of curiosity and found out that mountain lion hunting is gaining popularity. I'm personally not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I'm aware that the ecosystem can manage a sparse number of hunters going after this kind of game, but on the other I think hunting is about respecting nature and taking from it what we need, not going pew on anything that moves. Same goes for African game, although in that case there's a conversation to be had about the big sums of money that go into environment conservation because of it.
I know hardcore "this is murrica I take wha a wont" types are gonna storm the thread, but was curious to get some input on the matter.

Attached: Screenshot_20190204-233101_1.jpg (1080x955, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YUA8i5S0YMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you aware of the scientific process behind animal tags?

Hunting, including trophy hunting, is the leading source of conservation funds.
Learn a subject before getting bent out of shape about it.

Attached: ducks-unlimited.jpg (546x314, 63K)

I would like to fuck that lady up the asshole.

Hunting mountain lions and African game just because you can is nigger tier behavior.

>Learn a subject before getting bent out of shape about it.
Kinda why I'm here

Actually no

We all would

Even CH knows better.
youtube.com/watch?v=YUA8i5S0YMU

State biologists get together and analyze trends and patterns in game animals and then calculate how many tags to generate for the year. It's not a wild west show down of shoot how many you want.

The one thing we shouldn't hunt is Canadian Geese.

That's because hunting is regulated and requires fees and they should pay you to kill Canadian Geese.

You do realize. "Natural death" for most wild animals is a pretty miserable affair.
Starving to death when they get too old and their teeth fail, becoming old and feeble and fracturing a limb and then die from infection or get eaten by another predator, etc....
A shot through the lung that doesn't even hurt before they lose consciousness from lack of oxygen is humane as shit in comparison.

is it humane as shit? how much fecal is humane

All of it

You're one drawing away from being a furfag, FYI.

Man should hunt for food only. If you are not going to eat it, don't shoot it.

He's an avatar poster, treat him as such.

Coyote, hog, nutria, rats, mice, etc aren't the best eating. I can get you 1,000lb of hog meat easy if you're a man of your word and not a hypocrite.

>i would like to fuck that lion up the asshole.

Already done.

Attached: pepecustard.jpg (364x598, 44K)

Then I suggest you go to

>t. butthurt weeb c*ck

Wonder what caliber AR she used.
24" barrel it looks like.

10/10 bait my friend keep up the good work

Attached: NANI_this_b8.gif (625x626, 1.16M)

Sometimes they're on your property killing your livestock and taking swipes at your dogs and you have kids who a cougar could kill easily

Underrated post.

Man has been hunting for sport since he first began to aspire. You are just another faggot who found an activity they don't like and assigned negative morality points to it

I couldn’t hunt a cougar, I love cats.

>Should we hunt everything?
Politicians and government officials, I want to hunt them.

What caliber do you recommend?

Attached: simpsons_this_is_for_shooting_down_police_helicopters_animooted.gif (480x366, 2.4M)

You can eat mountain lion.

45-70 government for the sweet irony

>tfw you will never have a wife like that (The woman not the big kot)

Attached: 1548409042500.gif (500x240, 117K)

Full DD; like an old anti-materiel rifle on a trailer or just 40mm with solid/WP rounds as a fuck you to Hughes and the ATF

It must be sad not being able to afford it, huh?

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 81K)

I would do anything to have 4 strong white babies with her and talk about how much we hate niggers while listening to Johnny rebel and eating deer for dinner

At what point does the advantage humans have become so incredible that you can't honestly describe it as "sport". Because we've surpassed it. The animals have 0% chance to win and it takes almost no effort for the human.

Hunt for meat and fur. If you "sport" hunt you're frankly just a dumbass. Because no one is impressed anymore this isn't colonial times when Africa was filled mysterious monsters.
Everyone knows better.

We actually should. The reason being humans disrupt the natural ecosystem because we compete with literally everything for resources, which throws the populations out of balance and leads to starving animals everywhere barging into our settlements looking for food. If you want to preserve the land as it was found you have to hunt.

You cut down the trees, you farmed the lands, now you get to do the job of the environment and control the remaining animal population, or the animal population will start to try to reclaim your shit.

Buy yourself a semi automatic, magazine rifle in a full size caliber. That is the only gun you will ever need. One shot for deer, however many you want for charging bears and communists. Buy a good pair of boots. And go out there and do the job you were meant to as a natural predator. Disney movies and a lack of a proper upbringing making you think it's icky won't change nature. You hunt, or you get starving deer dying on your back porch and starving cougars going through your trash shortly before being ran over by a truck.

idiot. hunt for The Kill.
Leave the liberal jibber jabber at home.

Attached: Todd.jpg (800x450, 147K)

something else will eat it for you. if not another animal, then some bugs. the idea behind killing things you don't eat is preventing them from eating something you don't want eaten. that is, if you're a human. there is no room for fun and sport in eliminating invasive species and the discretionary targeting of firearms has no replacement.

if you're a noble woof of the grand northern woods you actually do kill shit for fun and just leave the mangled, slowly dying bodies around without a single shred of meat torn off and eaten.

Everything. Especially humans. Plentiful on every continent, they breed like rabbits, and the damn things are dangerous.

Using dogs to chase an animal up a tree and render it useless is weak. That woman didn't do shit but maybe shoot it and pose for a picture like all women do. Probably wrote a blog about it claiming how she felt connected to the earth while the dogs were barking and she had to wake up before sunrise and put on her makeup. The cat is obviously a better hunter in every way. Women don't belong in hunting its pathetic really. Feel bad for the cat going out like a chump to some bitch.

Here come the white knights defending the princess

Attached: eMm76Xzzh8t34Uy.jpg (755x943, 172K)

it's not a badassery contest, it's just killing. get over it. things die without it being fit for some epic poem or dramatic moment on TV. that's perfectly normal. that's the standard. and it shouldn't be any other way.

you don't kill for fun or glory, you kill for a good reason. if you want to have fun keep it to blasting cheap anime figs at the range.

>hunt for The Kill.
...can't argue with that, psychopath. See you in a Netflix documentary.

the thing is we only need a small number of people to hunt. like national defense can be managed by a mere fraction of the population

universal armament, universal hunting, etc are fallacious and cross the stupid line. we, as a society, need to bring back the warrior class so people too feeble minded don't attempt things they aren't fit for and fuck it up. and there must be solidarity and comradery among the warrior class so the legislative/merchant class can not nullify it without significant resistance, and also so the normal citizens can hold all accountable for the actions of the few and therefore hold everyone who calls themselves a fighter to high standards of behaviour. if you replace the warrior class with a bunch of random people who happen to have weapons, they'll probably voluntarily give up arms leaving society without anyone holding any sort of power except for the legislators and the criminals.

the end goal of hunting is a dead animal. if you just chase it around you haven't accomplished anything. it's actually nicer if you just kill it instantly without any drama.

>something else will eat it for you.
Handing out free meals to mother nature is a great way to make it so you can't hunt there for very long.
>Free meat =population increase for predators, do that enough times and the predators wipe out the prey and then become desperate (dangerous) and starve.
>Predators associate hunters with free food, in Denali Natl. Park, grizzlies flock towards gunshots to try and steal a kill in the more frequented hunting grounds.
>Unbalancing 2 animals (predator & prey) also fucks up all the animals connected to them.

>the end goal of hunting is a dead animal.
Yeah which turns into meat in my freezer so I have moose steaks for three months.
Hunting just to "kill" is psycho shit.

Why is hunting restricted to non-humans...

Politicians aren't humans, they're literally alien monsters.

Asking the real questions.

Wow you sound like a huge faggot. Hunting with dogs is one of the oldest, most primal human behaviors. Dogs have been killing with us since before agriculture. Killing the animals with a knife is obviously, but I probably wouldn't climb a tree for it.

Attached: borkborknomnom.jpg (1280x720, 272K)

Hunting just to kill is called pest control. What do you think happens to rats when they're in the same room as an air rifle? Do they get put in a meat freezer later?

>What do you think happens to rats when they're in the same room as an air rifle? Do they get put in a meat freezer later?
Yes, my mother-in-law gets a very special kind of meat in her burger

Yeah start by hunting that bitch

You think a narcissist instathot is a sentient creature because it is wearing clothes and posing next to high technology? Think again motherfucker. That thing is a threat to all existence
>zoomed in on the face
Whew the hair and make-up almost hid it

>Coyote, hog, nutria, rats, mice, etc aren't the best eating
So don't shoot them. Leave them alone.
>Man has been hunting for sport since he first began to aspire
And the result was hunting animals to extinction.
>You are just another faggot who found an activity they don't like and assigned negative morality points to it
Maybe you want to live on a sterile planet with only a few animals species left, but I don't.
>something else will eat it for you. if not another animal, then some bugs.
That's OK. Hunting animals to extinction isn't.
>the idea behind killing things you don't eat is preventing them from eating something you don't want eaten.
That's all well and good if you are a farmer defending your livestock, but not in the wilderness. I want the wilderness to remain wild.
>eliminating invasive species
There is no such thing. Nature efficiently seeks equilibrium among all living things. Let nature take its course. Let the chips fall where they may.

If there's a surplus of bobcats and a big old fucker is in your sights, what's the problem? Hunting is in our blood. "m-muh nature" is a bullshit argument. We ARE nature.

fuk yu dis issa murrikkka I take wut a wahnt

Oh look, it's a retard who puts feels before reals.

Um no.

lmao shut the fuck up fag and learn what a tag is.

If that lady and lion were combined I’d definetley fuck it!

Weirdo

>getting shot in the lung doesn’t hurt
I understand what you’re trying to say by putting things in comparison, but 555-cmon-now. I actually laughed at this.

Animals are only a pest when theyre pestilential.
Deer population in eastern US where populations have exploded and theyre killing drivers left and right. Thats a pest that needs culling.
A reasonable population of deer managed by predators in the western US. Isnt a pest. Thats why there are tag limits to how many you can harvest.

Not everything need killing.

Clearly not 9mm

Attached: Gabrielle_Giffords_official_portrait.jpg (2170x2712, 2.42M)

Ive been shot faggot. Left pec exited through armpit. Felt like getting punched. Didnt know i was really hurt until my arm wouldnt work right. The pain set in minutes later.
Even if you disregard my story. There are loads of accounts of people getting shot and thinking they were covered in someone elses blood.

post titty

any caliber just make sure you mag dump into their lying fucking faces

Mountain Lion is actually one of the best meats that I have eaten and would take it over deer any day of the week. Sadly not a lot of meat on a Mountain Lion.

Im not stepping on that land mine. Disregard it fuck it.

Don't eat a carnivore's liver, though. Not unless you want to die from vitamin A toxicity.

Biologists actually know how to do their jobs, if you can buy a tag and hunt it legally it needed killing.

If you're running dogs where people hunt without them, prepare to have your dogs shot

>what did he mean by this?

Attached: E4407ECB-9731-431F-B3EB-C37DCC52D12E.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Fuck that cunt. I hope the next one slashes her aorta.

Equilibrium doesn't exist anymore we've killed off every major predator capable of population control (for good reason) if left unchecked overpopulation on herbivores will destroy their own habitat and cause mass starvation and extinction of less competitive species. The only thing preventing this is the wildlife biologist and game wardens who issue tags to keep populations at healthy levels it also helps the money goes straight back into conversation. (An out of state elk tag in Colorado costs about $800 and has an average fulfillment rate of 8%)

God I’d love to waste some of those aggressive fuckers with one of my .22s

Use of dogs is usually heavily regulated especially on public land.

>not going pew on anything that moves.
Get the fuck out man-child anti-gun faggot.

6.5 Carcano

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 7K)

Why so hostile to your own species, traitor?

Yup meat only! For those that are wondering, carnivore livers can have very high levels of Vitamin A which can cause hypervitaminosis A in humans, which is very dangerous.

You’re either a complete fucking retard, or this is some good b8. Either way, here’s your (You), faggot.

Hehe pussy needs a dog to track down his game. Weak bro, just weak.

So we're in agreement than. They issue a limited amount of tags to keep populations under control and fund conservation efforts. You can't just kill a million of them like a real pest like a rat or locust.

If you eat pounds of it exclusively. A bite or two of liver won't kill you.

Who is claiming millions of deer are being slaughtered annually?

This is part of managed conservation. Nothing to see here. I don't know how familar you are with wildlife ecologists, but most of them hunt.

Uh... you mean we don't?

No one. The argument I'm trying to counter: is that it's fine to kill animals for sport and waste everything but the trophy parts because animals are "pests".

I don't mount every hog I kill. I don't stuff every coyote or mouse. I culled three doe this year and left them for hog bait. What's your point?

My kitty is lazy like that too. Just lies around sleeping its days away.

Attached: not the kitty.gif (471x263, 1.29M)

>but on the other I think hunting is about respecting nature and taking from it what we need, not going pew on anything that moves
Dedicated cat hunting is extremely challenging - even with dogs - and selective. I'm not sure why you assume that a hunter spending days/weeks trailing cats doesn't respect them.

I don't even fucking know anymore. It's gotten too convoluted and I just don't care.

Mountain lions like jumping on peoples backs and biting their necks.
It's no joke. In the wilderness, some scary shit can happen.

I can afford it. It's pointless. It defeats the nature of hunting.

Have you ever hunted bear or moose?
>The largest of all the races is the Alaskan subspecies (A. a. gigas), which can stand over 2.1 m (6.9 ft) at the shoulder, has a span across the antlers of 1.8 m (5.9 ft) and averages 634.5 kg (1,399 lb) in males and 478 kg (1,054 lb) in females

Then don't speak about things you know nothing about next time. Faggot.

This would be so fun to do with your dogs. They would be so happy to catch that thing for you and rip its ears off while doing it. Good puppies

Your hate feels great. The topic is literally not worth untangling to make it clear to a tard who was never going to get it anyway.

Then why are you trying to understand it if you admit you'll never get it?