When and why Judges stopped giving offenders the choice between enlisting or jail?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-12-07-at-10.31.24-AM-e1544241264339.png (621x412, 355K)

Because the military doesn't want them.

>he gets sent to the 68th Armor

Attached: ed0eeabe-b0b9-4925-8427-cc720844f19f.png (818x960, 304K)

They realized that an effective propaganda campaign could easily get all the retards the military could want to enlist of their own free will, and stop interfering with the prison industry's profits.

Most of Jow Forums was in the military. Most of the military are sexual deviants prone to offending. Coincidence? You be the judge.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

I’m interested in this as well. My dad’s cousin did this and he was a fine marine.

The military has way more people applying than they need, that's why they arbitrarily bar people with tiny medical issues like mild asthma or occasional sleep walking from serving.

This.

After Vietnam and the whole fragging thing, the military decided that "jail or the army" wasn't worth it, and instituted regulations banning the practice.

What about penal units or the marines?

Attached: OM8xJw6xuJJL.jpg (669x371, 90K)

Wasn't one of the Generation Kill characters supposed to have been given that choice?

Attached: 222710198-ef3d480b-b291-4e12-8fe8-2d5e97153bcc.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Because the military is becoming more and more professionalized. You used to be able to just throw worthless dudes in the trenches or toss them in the jungle, hope that they shot a couple bad guys and not really give a shit when half of them die. But with modern technology you can't hope to do that to win a war, you need dudes who hopefully somewhat know what they're doing and are at the very least able to be trusted to follow orders and chain of command properly.

You can't even just send them to Afghanistan with a bunch of guns just to see what happens, when they end up shooting a bunch of civvies you'll get massive political backlash from some dude who filmed the whole thing on his Iphone from 2009

If a willing person with no criminal history can't get in because of taking a mild antidepressant or some other minor bullshit, a street gang criminal shouldn't be let in either.

This. Giving a retarded criminal a machine gun is recognized now to be a bad idea.

>modern technology
>win a war,
When did that happen?

More trouble than they're worth, even if you were able to go full Soviet and make penal battalions you could just throw at the enemy as cannon fodder, which you can't do anymore anyway.

Maybe not all felons but someone with a bs misdemeanor like getting in a fight or a DUI should be able to redeem themselves through service instead of rotting in a jail.

Attached: oskar dirlewanger.jpg (286x400, 17K)

You hope they never grow old.

1945 japan

>choice between enlisting
its called tele-marketing now!

Attached: 1547000567929.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

That's how R. Lee Ermey got into the Marines iirc. No wonder the military is filled with oversensitive pussies nowadays.

If they didn't want to face consequences they should have made better decisions

Yup, these troops werent effective, they demoralized other troops and were just a waste. Making prisoners do work camp stuff would be way more effective.

if I've ever seen a face that needed to be hit by a concrete brick off an overpass, this is it.

I'm guessing you weren't allowed in due to taking mild antidepressants, user?

Because the demographics of those committing petty crimes have shifted away from people who can be redeemed with structure and discipline towards absolute human garbage

[citation needed]

Attached: 600px-MW_Soviet_TT33_3.jpg (600x255, 20K)

>Most of Jow Forums was in the military
most of Jow Forums are noguns gay furries

the painful truth, along with /a/ not watching anime and /v/ not playing video games

Because it’s not deemed necessary. The military is so large and has so many people looking to enlist that the draft and other shit like this isn’t required.

absolutely wrong. there is a national shortage of qualified recruits. no shit most applicants are too fat and weak to qualify for enlistments.

> shortage of qualified recruits
> qualified recruits
Only because they want it that way, there would be no shortage if they relaxed their standards a bit.

I joined with a criminal history when I was 18 and did fine in the Army. They weren't quite as picky in 2009 as I hear they are now. You'll get a mixed bag accepting people with records for sure but if I had a choice between going to a unit and deploying with a bunch of dudes with drug and assault charges or masters degrees I know which I would pick.

At the time there is no demand, If we saw another big war that managed to drag out longer then 2 years these professionals will all be dead or in scarce supply. and when the bodies start to really pile up and its thousands of our guys killed in an afternoon political backlash will be viewed as treason.
At this time cleaning out the jails will be necessary, recruit standards will go out the window, the draft will be taking anybody. After all most of them will be getting hit with battlefield nukes, eugenics really.
This is the worst case scenario,
If the demand is there we will unleash the horde not that its a good idea, but out of desperation it could happen

Attached: 1485384726431.jpg (581x193, 28K)

Do you actually think what you think are actually facts?

Some of the best ncos I worked with are fucking criminals who got the "jail or Army" sentencing. Most of them are over the rank of e8, before they started really hampering down on the standards. Pretty hilarious imo, but its certainly a risk and those individuals are exceptions rather than the rule.

Yup. I had a panic attack once back in high school and was prevented from joining because I had a small xanax script after it.

>because I had a small xanax script after it.
Couldn't you have lied about it?

Probably but that was years ago and I was a retarded 18 year old.

Because hood rats leave the military and go back to being gang bangers only now they know how to aim straight. NCOs aren't allowed to beat the shit out of them anymore so what ever discipline problems they had before going are just going to continue on.

Because neural resocialization hasn't been perfected yet.

Attached: ColeHickson_SC-Com6_Comic2.jpg (452x452, 159K)

Just like the military!

8th amendment, boi. You can't use military service as a punishment for a crime.

When they needed less people who's main qualification was "have a pulse". I knew a dumb fuck from high school who went in during the surge after a fight in which he used a weapon.
Another war for which we need warm bodies to catch all the bullets kicks off and I promise you will see it come back.

I don't think lumping the noguns with the furries is fair. I'd say the majority of Jow Forums is nogunz, the next biggest majority is former mil, then regular ol' gays, then probably an even split for furries and traps. Someone make a pie chart I'm too lazy

Attached: 1529712621396.jpg (1000x667, 338K)

fpbp

penal units arent effective at anything
>BBBUT MUH COMISSARS IN RUSSIA
those units were absolutely terrible and did basically nothing of value ever compared to volunteer and conventional conscript units

it should be a venn diagram, who says you can't be a furry hasguns veteran trap cock worshipper all at the same time? it might be rare but it's by no means mutually exclusive

The military ebs and flows between who they alow an don’t. During the war they do and did alow people to join the military when not at war they don’t.

You just want a venn diagram because the balls are touching.

>it might be rare
On Jow Forums? Only the hasguns part.

after vietnam
Because there was no more need for warm bodies.
Civilians are retarded for thinking this still happens

The war is being fought in prisons ;)

Had a high school friend get this deal ~'99, Army or incarceration.

His situation wasn't just petty delinquency though. *Allegedly* multiple intrusions of state, federal, and financial networks.

Post 9/11 they shipped his ass to Kuwait, then Hawaii after that for a while. Lost track of him ~10 years ago when he was living in Virginia.

A long time ago, because we don't need those useless assholes in the military same as we don't need conscripts.

>Because the military is becoming more and more professionalized. You used to be able to just throw worthless dudes in the trenches or toss them in the jungle, hope that they shot a couple bad guys and not really give a shit when half of them die

How's the view up there on mount stupid?

Because they’ll turn on their allies once our satellite network is destroyed by missiles and debris.

Sometime around 1918.

What did he mean by this?

/thread

I knew a Guam national guard guy, Samoan build like a bodybuilder. He killed a man in a bar fight. Guilty of manslaughter. The judge gave him the option to join the military instead of jail. He had done 19 years in the military at the time. Nicest man you'll ever meet.

Why are rappers so homo- erotic?

>Most of them are over the rank of e8
because this practice was banned ages ago, the only "jail or army" types left are the ones who have been in 20 years