Usmc fleet hazing?

I wanna be a Marine Corps rifleman, probably gonna go to basic this summer or next fall. MCRD San Diego cause im west coast

>how bad is hazing in the fleet?
>best guess i'll get 29 palms
By hazing i mean getting beat up and shit for being a boot, and yes I really wanna combat deploy, if I wanted to be a fobbit I would join the air force

Attached: 010913-marine-live-fire.jpg (600x400, 46K)

>yes I really wanna combat deploy, if I wanted to be a fobbit I would join the air force

at this point your only real hope of having a good chance at that is going army infantry op40, marine riflemen arent doing anything right now and wont be for the foreseeable future

nice dubs, also Army no thanks, is there any ways to try out for marsoc or recon out of basic sorta like how Army has the 18X-ray program?

besides military idk what else to do, finishing this year at community college but don't enjoy college nor am i cutout for it. Love shooting my guns and shit. Would working for a range or something be enough to live on or should I wageslave to enjoy my hobbies on the weekends and times off?

Join the rEserves

sick trips, but i wanna see combat, do reserves go into combat with active if shit happens? also what kind of time commitment do you have to the reserves, I don't wanna be a weekend warrior whos unit is all fucked and unable to pt and basic shit

enjoy 4 years of sweeping motorpools and not deploying. If you want to actually deploy go army. Even then you have little chance of deploying, if you want 100% chance go something spec ops.

>army no thanks
kek, enjoy doing nothing until you're out
>muh muhreens

so maybe bite the bullet and try to make some kind of army sf unit? i was thinking Navy Seal... im like 170 slim and muscle, 6,2 can swim pretty good just gotta work on pumping out ass tons of pushups but my form is great and I can run for a long time. Think buds would be really hard for a guy like me physical wise based on what i said?

ikr thats the other thing, idk what to do when im out and frankly it would be the same as it is now, i just never found a degree that interested me and im afraid ill be wageslaving. I love snowboarding so conidering ski bumming but that would be sketchy and expensive

So you want to be an 03?

Don’t listen to people claiming there’s no combat to be had, it’s highly likely Marine infantry will be used in the next 4 years.

As far as hazing goes, why are you even asking? You’re ready to kill but you aren’t ready to get yelled at and punched? Yes the hazing is bad, yes boot camp sucks, yes the things grunts do in garrison are retarded.

Do you have any other questions? My workload is similar to grunts, but what I can tell you is that they go through a lot of stupid, self destructive bullshit while in garrison. There are better combat MOS’s

ok, so what besides rifleman would be a good combat mos? also i don't mind the hazing but i just wanna know so im not going in expecting things to be all peachy

You sound like you have an IQ of 84, which means you're probably too dumb to make it into any of the units that will actually be in contact in the next few years, so maybe you should just buy a shooter video game and not waste your time.

thanks thats super helpful never thought of that

>like how Army has the 18X-ray program?
Fat fucking chance. You'll be lucky to get what you actually sign up for. Army sorta gets to choose. The Marines put you where they need you, and if you're smart, you're fucked. You'll ride a desk, or play IT support for Hispanic cave men. To go recon, you have to be second contract. No expedited pipeline.

Attached: 1549321645795.png (500x485, 192K)

Lol you ell for the marine memes. You do know the marines are terribly underfunded and het all the handme downs? Theyre infantry school is only 6 weeks. Army infantry and cav osut from basic to infantry school is 21 weeks. Plus many get airborne right after. And army combat arms get priority for ranger school. Also army has better tactics. You use scouts, and artillary in your attacks. Marines just go in like retards. See fallujah.

Do the Hotaru Maniac route:
>Rangers/Airborne with combat deployment
>'security contracting'
>get old and let go
>three failed marriages
>merc it up with shady east euros who dont care about your age

There’s LAR, artillery, AAV and tank operators, forward observers, recon, and a few other MOS’s where you could be embedded with a combat unit. Com, Motor T etc..

I have actual answers about shit you’re wondering but don’t want to ask a recruiter or friend bruh.

lol fuck the marridge but contracting always sounded fun

fuck ok thanks for the info

yeah knew about LAR my buddy was 3rd LAR, planning on talking to a recruiter and another family friend soon who was also LAR

just for shits and giggles took an IQ test it said my range was from 111-127 so i think thats like at the top of the average

>online iq test
Retarded confirmed.

If you can't hack a joke or a bit of hazing, then you're really not made for a combat job.
Seriously, you can either smile and eat that shit sandwich in your world of shit, or just punch some fucking cunts teeth down their throat.

Just promise you'll never marry a single mom and use your uncle sam bucks to get a good education.

promise, marriage and dating is something I know not to fuck with in the military. I can take a joke for sure, just wanted to know the severity of it now a days so I don't walk in underestimating what i have to put up with

yeah maybe its not like im gonna spend money to talk a test right now

If you want combat it's spec ops broski
Everything else chances are pretty slim

alright, so like army sf? or maybe try buds and be a seal? I mentioned to another user but seals was like my second highest option just cause thats almost guaranteed combat if i can hack it and become a seal

Hazing isnt shit now. Like 99% of the old combat vets who still maintained those traditions got the fuck out by 2016-17. Also, no. If you want MARSOC you gotta put in a packet once youve hit the fleet, and theres no guarantee your command will even sign off to let you go if MARSOC accepts it and offers you a shot. Also actual combat deployments are winding down for everyone, not just Marines, so honestly its a crapshoot at this point, unless you make it into something in SOCOM (MARSOC if Marines, Rangers or SF for Army).

USMC going to shit, entire military going to shit desu. Just join the French Foreign Legion, get the actual shit beat out of you, and go waste niggers in Africa, then desert like most guys do.

thanks for all the info and lmao that last part, keep hearing about the foreign legion and would love to waste african niggers whether they're boco harem or isis related, any info or websites on joining up? also would not knowing anything but English and some spanish hinder me? Are Americans doing that? any stories of it?

I genuinely don’t understand why anyone would go muhreens instead of army or any other branch for combat arms

just go SEALs then dude fuck it. It sounds like you rather go SEAL too. go do man good luck to you. Don't give up at buds tho cuz then you'll be needs of the Navy. I know you can re take buds but still you would have to wait awhile

they teach you basic french when you are going through boot camp or whatever its called for them.

ok thanks for the support bro, i think you're right i really want that brotherhood and friends i can make that like guns and killing bad guys and all that shit. it seems like to me too that seals would be the best way. although i love marines i just couldn't stand being a boot and not deploying for another year or so cause i wanna see combat as soon as possible. and yeah with buds never quit cause i know they'll roll you to the next class but if i just work out a shit ton and mentally prepare myself im sure i can do it

Why don’t you want to join the army?

This

i don't feel like i'd have the brotherhood and tradition kind of feeling to it i just feel like the corps would give me that feeling so much more

Reserves deployed during Iraq, but don't count on it. Reserves are called "weekend warriors" for a reason son, if you want action, go active and pick a role that actually sees combat. And no, 11B isn't going to score kills, don't let your recruiter lie to you. Go Ranger for Army, go SEAL for Navy, etc

You missed it by about 10+ years. Unless SoF, you’re not going to see combat.

>"I wanna see combat"

You're 15 years too late kiddo. And the attitude you have now will get you hazed. You have better chance joining navy and the rivron units to see "combat". In the marines you'll just be another retard that makes the pro choice movement more creditable.

I'm an FO and it's pretty boring, we don't do field ops very often bc there's not much money for them so it's gonna be garrison fuck-fuck games for most of your enlistment. I'm getting deployed later this year but I highly doubt there will be any combat, anyway it's a pretty cool job getting to control arty and cas while rolling with the grunts and I still got plenty of hazing if you're worried about that

Can confirm. Op40 is the only way to go. Marine infantry are doing nothing but MEUs and UDPs. Neither of which are fun or worth even a month of your early 20s.

BUD/s would be tough on you because you're a massive fucking retard. You'll never even get a contract. Enjoy being a non-wartime 03xx cleaning condemned buildings, never firing your rifle because your battalion is broke, and complaining the entire time.

I'm glad nobody has yet to respond to your absolutely retarded baseless post

>join the marines
>be an motor T faggot

Don't listen to this retard. The marine corps is not going to be engaged in any combat for a long fucking time. army op40 is your only chance.

I was a marine sniper, and I wouldn't recommend any able bodied kid to join the marines under any circumstance. The organization is a joke from the top down. If you want to be a pipe hitter and you're 17-18, go army OP40 and be a ranger. when you're 22 if you still love the lifestyle, go to Q course or submit a package to apply for 'The Unit.' Alternatively get out of the army and get a bud/s contract and go be a Seal. If you're 22+ and fit as fuck, go straight 18x or get a bud/s contract. Anyone advising you otherwise is off their rocker retarded and is misguiding you.

Unless you want to be the 99% of the military that has illusions of grandeur only to be overwhelmed by mediocracy- then by all means do anything except the advice I just posted.

Attached: I dont belong in the uniform.jpg (461x800, 48K)

And you're basing that on the rhetoric the USMC spends millions per year paying for in advertising to convince children like yourself that if you go to one organization over another you'll somehow be instilled with more brotherhood than the other? Whew kid you're fucked

>calling people retards
>"creditable"

the irony burns

The hazing is all but gone on Lejeune, I can tell you that. The corps decided recently that careers and optics are more important than being the best and shit has vastly and noticeably gone downhill because of it.

Best chance of seeing combat in peacetime is Coast Guard, actually. Do your research and decide whether you'd rather be a Marine and have a rat's ass of a chance of shooting ragheads or a be a Coastie and have a horse's ass chance to shoot drugrunnerfags.

FYI CG is not part of DOD so I've heard that the PC culture bullshit coming down across the DOD isn't making it's way there

pic related, HP 135 circa 2016

Attached: 20160625_211440.jpg (2560x1440, 316K)

did you take the ASVAB? if so what score did you get?

Why are cavposters so insufferable?

>hazing
>In Obama's military where hurting someone's feelings or using the wrong gender pronoun will get you discharged

boy you have no idea what you're getting into, huh?

Attached: 5a7c6eab77e888bded3bff7a94165c6434612726.png (286x295, 101K)

Army is the one branch that if you sign the papers and you qualify they HAVE to give you that MOS. That cocksucker doesn't know wha he's talking about

user that’s LITERALLY propaganda. The army has literally the same amount of brotherhood without all the stupid bullshit the marines have. Plus army has more opportunities to do cool stuff and you don’t get treated like a fucking child

Oops meant for

The army I observed when I trained with them was absolutely nothing like the marines. Worse in every aspect imaginable besides the quality of housing and shit

this

joining peace time army, kek. I get more range time on the weekends then they do.

Holy fuck you’re a dumb boot

>online IQ test

Ok retard

You type like a 12 year old with Down syndrome

>Kiddo
>Retard
>Pro choice
Oh man this guy's opinion sure is valuable

Lmao OP is a retard but will fit right in sweeping the motor pool.

Guaranteed 45 ASVAB retard.

samefag

18x “ray” LOL