I want a Bakelite ar lower

I want a Bakelite ar lower

Attached: 3AFDD8D4-1DAA-406A-8D16-365C3423AEE6.png (599x600, 782K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15mold.com/freedom-15-5-kit/
cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/chemistry/organic-chemistry-ii/phenols-and-aryl-halides/synthesis-of-phenols
t-opora.ru/pressmateriali.php
polimerservice.ru/index.php?n=1204278595&lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The next logical progression in AR lowers.
I kinda want one in #3.

Attached: festival of violence.jpg (380x394, 14K)

cool. that doesn't affect me at all and I have no idea why I'm even replying.

...make one?

and now that I think about it, the idea gets cooler and cooler. dope AF OP

>Bakelite Jewel "quality" colors.
All those colors are ass

Autism here: Bakelite is really fragile. What people think is bakelite is usually a fiberglass polymer resin.

For me, it’s number 2
If we are going retard, lets go full retard

Well, friend, you can just go fuck yourself to death
Eat shit and die.

I wonder how much phenol I would need to make this happen.
You gone and done it now OP. Makin' get out the calculator

Isn't bakelite made out of some weird ass poisonous shit?

No time for questions
Get casting
ar15mold.com/freedom-15-5-kit/

Attached: A788F1CB-07C8-41B7-A6C0-1CB60D07587F.jpg (600x467, 330K)

Catalin is superior.

Attached: IMG_20180110_071114100.jpg (921x691, 107K)

Phenol and formaldehyde, but once they've been combined to make Bakelite they're effectively harmless

Sorry dawg, but that’s too close to that tranny Bruce Jenner’s new name

Where can one into said chemicals without getting gitmo’d?

teehee

Formalin is a solution of formaldehyde and can be bought on Amazon by the liter. Phenol in large quantities can be tricky, but you can always break down aspirin to make it. Alternatively you can get Bakelite powder off Alibaba or some such place

you could machine one out of a 0% chunk

Attached: Antistatic-bakelite-plate.jpg_350x350.jpg (350x350, 28K)

user, that hardly sounds like the exciting option
Live a little and stop being a pussy

Just make sure to wear safety goggles.

I wonder if its easier to get an alkyl phenolic and just dealkylate it with extreme heat then extract the phenol.

Fair enough

Try it an report back
Don’t forget to wear your gas mask

I'm not him just saying there are other sources of phenol. He can try extracting it from lysol wipes or deacetylating aspirin.

Winter green is an essential oil he can try to rip apart using a strong acid like Sulfuric. You can buy that by the fuck loads.

You can also take plant refuse, let it decompose in acid as much as you fucking can then distill out and isolate the phenol using a water extraction method.

He can also try making it himself by buying up a ton of benzene sulfonic acid and hitting it with 2 equivalents sodium hydroxide. This will reduce it to sodium phenolate then hit it with hydrochloric acid to oxidize it to phenol.

cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/chemistry/organic-chemistry-ii/phenols-and-aryl-halides/synthesis-of-phenols

There are a number of ways to make phenol.

If you're set up for it, yes. The cumene process is exactly that iirc

But be advised, Phenol is a precursor to many drugs and it will probably tip some DEA fuckers and they'll come and shoot your cat.

Nigger im dum and that is too much for me to read
just give me the chemicles

>No, sir,I’m not making drugs
>Just casting up some machine guns

Shit, i misremembered. The cumene process isn't dealkylation

1. Buy cumene
2. Heat Cumene to 100-135C,
3. give it some muriatic acid (you can buy this at home depot too) very small amounts, like a gram per liter.
4. distill phenol at 180C. You'll get a good yield when it freezes around 60C

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

oh yea you need some kind of radical initiator. Get yourself some Potassium Iodide and a small amount and let it go for like 2 days.

>no bakelite armor
>no bakelite ammunition cases

why did gun tec go so wrong.

So once you combine them you just let it cool? whats the next process and how much of each do you use? (Im hazmat certified so If it goes bad my dept can clean it for me)

Is there anyone making bakelite(not actually bakelite) like the russians? Seems like they could make some money just making magazines even.

You need an excess of Formaldehyde. Calculate stoichiometrically how much you'll need. Greater than 1:1 F:P is ideal as the molecular weight will skyrocket.

Remember that once you make it, you can't readily mold it, its literally hard as a rock. You have to make some way of getting it to flow into a shape then have it cool. However bakelite is a thermoset and many formulations DONT melt.

Literally everyone
But please, use the appropriate terminology; boipucci

Bakelite is a weak material, its not useful for things anymore and has been regulated out because it uses phenol and formaldehyde which are both toxic, carcinogenic, and corrosive.

Doesn’t make me want in any less, my dude

You're going to also need an alkaline catalyst. Lye works well. The optimal pH is around 10. The ratio of P:F should be about 1:1-1.5. neutralize the lye during the workup with a weak organic acid

Yup hope you don't have dogs or cats if you order this shit to your house

Phenol is incredibly toxic. If you get any on your skin in any capacity you are going to get wicked chemical burns and probably fucking die if its bigger than a nickel sized drop. Phenol is a neurotoxin and will stun your nerves. Its used in those throat sprays which numbs your throat. If phenol enters your blood it will go to your heart and stun your heart.

see and

I dont think the russians used actual bakelite. Their stuff is pretty strong. Its apparently thermoset phenol-formaldehyde resin which is glass fiber reinforced. That kinda sucks if people cant get it though.

If I use a class A suit while I do this will I be fine?

Where did you get those? They look pretty great user

If you stop the reaction before completion you get a monomer soup that's soluble in acetone. Once it's in solution it can be soaked into a substrate/filler and the reaction finished in a hot mold

Bakelite is a thermoset phenol-formaldehyde resib

This, actual bakelite is just about the most fragile plastic you're gonna find

yeah but theirs is stronger. Apparently wasnt the exact same thing.

It wasn't bakelite.

that what I was saying the entire time

gloves, chemical/fire resistant lab coat, safety goggles, face shield.

If I were to fap with this soup, would it be a suitable personal lubricant?
Could I use that liquid latex glove stuff they sell at autozone to paint on a Prophylactic-esque barrier to keep my dong and hand protected?
I would love to give my Bakelite castings a little “personnel touch”, know what I’m saying?

>If I were to fap with this soup, would it be a suitable personal lubricant?
Your dick would go numb then your heart would stop.

>Could I use that liquid latex glove stuff they sell at autozone to paint on a Prophylactic-esque barrier to keep my dong and hand protected?
You need thicker nitrile gloves. They sell these at stores like that, usually home depot. Thicker, rubber nitrile gloves. Latex will melt, regular gloves are too thin to resist the heat.

There’s no fap like a danger fap

Attached: 64BA8C3D-9A87-4280-AB53-87B86EF1CBDF.jpg (460x287, 17K)

>phenol

Hmmm, looks like something I can get from tyrone down the street.

Attached: 330px-Phenol_2_grams.jpg (330x330, 23K)

>resist the HEAT
And boy howdy, there will be some heat. Believe me.

The resin binder is a variation of Bakelite and it gets it's strength from mono directional twisted glass fiber filler

>Variation of Bakelite
Sort of. The resin in the aг-4c used to make magazines is a resol (Bakelite) modified with aniline and polyvinyl butyral.

If someone wants to do some legwork the same Ag-4s tape used to make the magazines can still be had
t-opora.ru/pressmateriali.php
polimerservice.ru/index.php?n=1204278595&lang=en

They need to make more of these

Attached: magbakelitesvd2_560x.jpg (560x420, 65K)

some mixes might have asbestos in them just for fire resistance

If someone were to do this what would the best method be?
Press the receiver as a 0% and machine the features, or two halves expoxied together with most of the internal features already in the pressing.
Normal receiver or one like the cav arms receiver?

I believe its two halves epoxied together as they put in the metal reinforcements.

criminally underrated