Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums

I recently became hasguns and now my dad wants to buy one, too. He asked me if 9mm or .40 is better. Since I'm still learning and don't know fuck-all yet, I figured I should ask here.

.40 or 9mm and why?

Attached: Gun.png (500x400, 200K)

Sweet Jesus, hold on to your hat user.

Seriously though, just take him to a range and let him rent both and try them. There isn't a "correct" answer to this question (prepare for tons of anons telling me I'm wrong about that) and he should get whatever he is more likely to shoot well in my opinion. I like 9mm, but that doesn't mean anyone else will.

theyres really no difference except 9mm is cheaper and more common in guns.

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask you, is the .40 cal stopping power thing a meme? If they are similar in recoil, why would you choose 9mm or .40? I'm not shitting on you, btw. Just curious about this.

Just get the best millimeter

Depends who you ask, some people swear it makes a difference while others claim pistol rounds are all basically the same. I've seen extremely compelling evidence both ways, so I really have no idea.

Makes sense that a bigger round would mean a bigger hole and therefore more trauma/blood loss, but like I said, you can find pretty good tests showing that 9mm does just as well in ballistic gel. I gave up trying to find the answer and just decided I like 9 better, though I carry a .380 most of the time for better concealment if that tells you anything.

Stopping power is a meme. The bullets force is equal to the force of recoil. Unless your gonna carry a elephant gun in your pocket, a 9mm and a .40 are basically the same minus the diameter of the bullet and the grain. A .40 will make a bigger hole and wound channel, however Shot accuracy is most important. If you hit something vital with any bullet it will fuck something up. Just get wat feels comfy to shoot.

Is Chevrolet or Ford better

I like baseball more than football

>another .40vs9mm thread
You must be pretty fucking new to expect anything but a shitstorm of fags defending either caliber. If you buy a 9mm the .40 fags say youre wrong, if you buy a .40 the 9mm fags say youre wrong. Shoot both and see what is better for you, dont come to Himalayan carpet scratching forum and expect non shit answers

9mm is cheap and plentiful and used by the military so id recommend it more to a new shooter

I like both. Just bought a glock 23 yesterday after selling one years ago. The biggest problems with .40 are recoil (in smaller guns) and availability and price of ammo. If it were to be my only gun I would go 9mm all day long but if you're looking to have a little variety at the range or want to pack a bit more of a punch with your carry gun .40 is great.

At the end of the day though go to a range and have him shoot several guns in several different calibers to see what he likes best.

All of that being said I have several different guns in many different calibers and I choose to carry my shield chambered in 9mm

Attached: 20190203_105630.jpg (3024x1556, 1.26M)

This thread is being entirely too reasonable.

9mm is for small dicked faggots. A .40 cal pistol will blow a man's arm clean off. It is a proven fact that carrying .40 increases your sex appeal and will add 60lbs to your bench.

9mm

I don't think there's even much of a debate over this anymore

.40S&W is a fine round, but 9mm is just more well rounded.

Similar terminal ballistics

Much lighter recoiling

Has higher capacity mags

Cheaper ammo/components, etc

Lower wear rate (although, almost no one will ever wear a gun out)

I still have a couple of .40s, but I run 9mm almost exclusively

Attached: 9mm-trajectory-chart-vs-40-cal.jpg (3090x1731, 580K)

I would buy a 9mm for capacity and cost of shooting, but im a revolverfag so I dont practice either one of those ideals in my life.

For purely economic reasons 9mm in the current market. Police forces have been dumping 40s like they were nuclear waste, so those 40's are cheap but they have no resale value, and due to economies of scale 9mm is just more available.

Yes stopping power is a meme, there is no practical difference between 9mm and .40 so therefore the additional capacity and lower recoil of 9mm wins

>additional capacity
>tfw California and limited to 10 rounds either way

Chevrolet up until 2007 truckwise. Nothing beats an old square body c/k 10 except rust.

If you're a calicuck just get a 10mm.

Attached: 1549060463263.png (225x266, 23K)

Why not just get a 9mm, .40, and 10mm for more funs?

Cause by then you could've afforded to move out of that shithole.

In a meta-analysis of self defense cases, 9mm and .40 S&W performed identically (

This. Statistically ballistic effectiveness between 9mm and .40 is near as makes no difference the same.

Meanwhile .40 has disadvantages in recoil management, ammo cost and magazine capacity. It has better barrier penetration and more consistent performance if you don't feel comfortable with 9mm, but you really aren't getting that much more.

If you shoot the same gun in 9mm and .40 side by side you will probably like the 9mm substantially more. Generally speaking it's the smarter option. Especially if you are buying new and both cost the same.

One nice thing about .40 is that a lot of guns were made/sold in that caliber and it has since fallen out of favor. For this reason (especially with a lot of police trade-in models hitting the market now) they can be dirt cheap secondhand.
If for some reason you like .40, I encourage you to take advantage of this. Buy a used one for a substantial cost savings and enjoy it.

9 goes into 40 5 times

the 40 make a hole 5 times bigger with 5 times the energy

Attached: 1515000393386.png (1592x850, 398K)

10mm
M
M

O fug
These two posts are the truth. 9mm would be just fine

This

9mm if your dad is weak
10mm if your dad is strong

10mm does that x3, .40 swishers and watermelon is for cops and dindus

10mm can shoot .40