Morality

is it morally wrong to make a k98 obrez into something like pic related (top)
i got a turkshit mauser thats in really shit quality (no matching numbers, bent bolt, didnt even come with sights, bought it for 200 and regretted it, the fucking safety doesnt even fucking work)
its worth like nothing, and i feel like i'd get more money from obrezifying it

Attached: obrez1.jpg (1024x495, 66K)

If it's already fucked then so be it.

Do it, it's worth shit

Considering I'll be doing the same with my mismatched Turk, go for it so long as it's fucked up

How legal is obrezing one? I want to get a shitbox one to convert but live in mass

You really want to pay a $200 tax to cut down a shitty bolt action?

All fucking bubbas belong in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, which fortunately is where you’re going for making an shitty basement-workbench obrez.

op here, i dont care too much about price, because in the end its still gonna cost less than a regular k98 due to how cheap i got it
i'd rather get some value out of it than no value, though later on once i try to fix it up and shit i might try to sell it as is, but i doubt i'll get much, plus i've always kind of wanted an obrez and this might be as cheap as it'll get for a long ass time

it's already bubba'd (like halfway) so might as well bubba it into value

Stop bullshitting us - you're not going to make a hacksaw obrez just for your own amusement because you don't have the patience or the money to fill out a Form 1, pay $200, and wait six months for a tax stamp for something you'd fire once, figure out that it sucks, and try to sell off, which wouldn't happen because nobody - literally fucking nobody - is going to buy a basement-workshop hacksaw obrez made from a Turkish Mauser from you. You literally couldn't pay someone to take it because it wouldn't be worth the trouble of dealing with the ATF for them any more than it would be for you.

If you don't like the Mauser you got, sell it to a pawn shop and use the money to get a gun you do like.

sorry i said that wrong- i mean i'm gonna try and un-bubba it before i do anything. if i'm still unhappy with it then i'll try to get it sold
i'm not gonna sell it as an obrez, i'm not a jackass
i'm saying i might make it into an obrez
i'm still gonna stick to this gun for a few years before i do any shit that could possibly break it

>i'm saying i might make it into an obrez
And I'm saying that you won't because you don't have the money or patience to fill out a Form 1 and pay $200 for it. Now stop wasting our time.

just looking over form 1 seems simple
i probably did more complicated shit in high school
what would be better to put if i chose to sbr it, all lawful reasons, investment & collection, or something else?

Just stop.

Anyone that modifies their firearm from the standard factory configuration is a fucking nigger and should be tarred and hung repeatedly.

Just cut the stock off first. That makes it a pistol

okay, go take the optic off your AR and the slings off your rifles. Nigger.

ARs are designed to have optics and slings attached to them. Mausers aren't designed to be hacksawed down into a ghetto pistol in someone's basement. Anyhow, OP doesn't have $200, and neither does his mom, so the point is moot.

nah you gotta get a tax stamp because it started out as a rifle
though you could make a reciever and just make a pistol out of that, as long as that reciever wasnt used in a rifle
(atf gay ass laws)

You can repair a weapon, or turn it into an illegal, worthless piece of shit, The choice is yours.

No such thing as an illegal weapon

>AR's are meant to be incomplete from the factory
>Doing things I don't like to your personal property is bad
lmao

its a former weapon of war you nigger who knows nothing.