Moving For Work:

Jow Forums,
Over 10 years ago I moved to Texas for work and now it seems like I need to move again if I want to keep moving up in my career. I was wondering if everyone could talk about their state, give a general overview of how Jow Forums it is, and any misc information to help other Anons looking to uproot.

>>Texas
>Texas requires a license to carry (LTC) for both concealed and open carry. The process requires a safety class, qualification, fingerprinting, some paperwork, and then you get your LTC in the mail 2 months later.
>No mag capacity bans
>No waiting period
>Businesses can choose to place a 30.06 sign (No Concealed Carry), 30.07 (No Open Carry), or 51% (No firearms allowed due to business making majority of their profit from alcohol sales)
>>Misc info
>The high Mexican population means a lot of DUIs, uninsured drivers, dilapidated houses, benefits fraud, and trash. For some reason they throw their trash anywhere. The only place to escape this in the Hill Country area but they still travel there in the summer to leave their beer cans and show off their fresh neck tats. I fucking hate Mexicans so much.
>Austin is a mini Portland, San Antonio is a border town that got placed to high on the map, Houston is a great place to get stabbed by negros, Dallas isn't bad depending on where you are.

Attached: 1534018998604.png (1174x877, 10K)

Texasanon living on the border here, that's all accurate.

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF COLORADO YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hear California is nice this time of year.

Noone wants to move to Colorado its commiefornia 2.0

>>Washington
>quickly becoming commifornia 2.0
>bans on mags over 10 rounds soon
>all semi auto rifles are now catagorized as assault rifles thanks to I-1639
>open carry legal
>concealed carry requires permit and fingerprints taken, permit takes a week or two
>soon to require """training at approved training center""" for permit
>if your firearm is stored """improperly""" and a nig steals it, you are now responsible for the crimes he commits with it (I-1639)
>no private transfers, everything must be done through FFL
>populated areas are full of with homeless and needles
>liberal shithole full of freaks like pic related
There's more but you get the idea.

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-005949.png (1080x1920, 1.73M)

>King County
just go innawoods fag

Attached: 1333879887377.jpg (398x500, 24K)

I am innawoods, until I started abusing my phone hotspot last year I only had dialup.
t. skagit

>California
>Either flyover country where there is meth and nothing else.
>Or massive urban sprawl where 100k/yr is poverty wages.
>Gun laws up the ass.
>Can't get a carry permit in almost any densely populated county.
>10rd magazine limit.
>AW ban.
>Handgun roster.
>Everything is expensive.
>Red tape/taxes up the ass.
>2-hour commute times each way between any place you can afford and anywhere that pays enough for you to afford it.
>Laws and politicians get worse every year, Republicans virtually locked out of government by massive gerrymandering.

On the bright side.
>Most gun laws unenforceable because they're too complicated for LEOs to understand/care about.
>CC permits handed out like candy in rural counties.
>Disadvantaged minorities and less functional people are being pushed out of urban areas by rent costs so you only have homeless to worry about.
>Good for developing career and moving back to real America with Silicon Valley money.

Tell that to all the faggot californians fucking this state up.

>Iowa
>cheap
>mostly boring
>milf republican governor
>gun rights expansion trend
>permit to carry covers concealed, open, taser, long arms, any edged weapon length
>relaxed nfa laws
>easy to find decent or good job if you aren't a failure

Not a whole list. Iowa right now is going in a good direction. Some shit still sucks but it's my home state and as much as I've wanted to stay living elsewhere this place is cheap and simple to raise my family. My perk is living minutes from the Missouri border too so it acts as somewhat of a fun cushion as well.

Off by 1.

Any Connecticut Anons In here to give me a rundown?

Attached: E21E786B-E27B-4243-B9B4-09BF7D45EE99.jpg (403x420, 16K)

Idaho user here, Boise area. things are good, but quickly going the way of California. there's next to no population in the rest of the state, so when Boise grows big enough, anything the liberals say here goes for the whole state. not happened yet, but in the past 15 years, I've watched Boise and it's suburbs/nearby cities grow from 200k to 600k, and the last half of that growth was twice as fast. housing prices are going up enormously in some areas, like where I grew up.

that said, at the moment, there's no real problems I have with the gun laws here. no permit required for open or concealed carry, but there is one required for having a loaded gun in a vehicle, otherwise it has to be empty and separated from the magazine (which can be loaded, I believe, but IANAL). class III license is very easy to get, you just take a class and then sign something. hunting is huge, so there's a ton of fudds.

up north, power levels get fairly high, but nobody's open about it like they used to be when the Ruby ridge compound was a thing. still, not bad company for someone who's into that.

it's fine for now, but the Californians have metastasized, so it's only a matter of time. I give it 10 years before it's turned into Oregon or Washington.

>be Californian
>remember when the entire country wanted to be here
>remember when things were nice
>watch the other 49 send their homeless and mentally ill here
>watch the world send us their best and brightest up through Mexico
>watch the Democrats finish taking over
>watch the laws get fucked
>watch more people flood in from all sides
>vote endlessly, seemingly for nothing
>finally decide to move away
>get told you are the problem
Friendly reminder that most of you "conservatives" would be dyed-in-the-wool liberals had you grown up here. Most of you wouldn't have the balls to represent conservatism in public when you are constantly surrounded by liberals calling you names and making not-so-veiled threats.

Lot of unsolicited insecurity in this post.

DESU I'd love to have more progun people in CO, even if it drives rent up. CO is still mostly libertarian outside of Denver and Boulder. There's a large number of people standing up to red fag laws and mag bans. Also literally no one enforces or tries to follow the 15rnd bag limit, it's beautiful.
Compared to TX, CO has:
>No fat people
>Mountains
>Seasons
>Very few mexicans
>Very few basketballamericans
>Shall issue
>open carry everywhere but Denver
>Mountains, dear god it's beautiful west of Denver
I know Jow Forums doesn't care but I'm glad dudeweedlmoas don't get thrown in jail here, it's just immoral to do so and drives up /actual/ crime.

Bump

>NJ
Just please. Please just put us out of our misery.
Please.

It hurts. Please.

Kansas is good. Can CC without a license (I think places with posted no weapons signs can technically call the cops if they catch you carrrying without a license though), no waiting period, no restrictions that arent federal, lots of land if you wanna live in the country.

I would suggest living within 15-20 minutes of a major town though. Topeka, Hutchinson, Wichita, Lawrence (liberal college town, but otherwise not bad), Overland Park.

'Austin is a mini Portland, San Antonio is a border town that got placed to high on the map'

right, I live in wimberley right in the middle between them, go to both often. Really different worlds. SA sucks bad.....Austin it's really just traffic and a lot of bad roads. People seem cool (but I'm white, so....) Summers are hot! I lived in Portland for just a year but I agree, they have the same vibe. BTW the motto 'keep austin wierd' is from portland, and they've had it for a much longer time.

I’m pretty close to Wimberley. I feel bad for you guys. You have such a nice town but the influx of tumblr types in the past three years has been insane. Why are they all moving there?

no idea, the vibe here has noticeably changed- good, bad?- to soon to tell. It's lost it's charm for me, considering relocating back to the pacific northwest

Why was your pic never made into a patch? That would have been a Skyking patch worth buying

Don't do it man
>restrict gun laws because sperg with gun
>only spergs have guns
> T. sperg with guns
you know that women that says "I want to talk to the manager" or talks to people who serve her food as if she's their manager? not imagine if that person were a state.

Nice trips you deceitful commie. Go back.

Kansas
>Constitutional carry, if you can legally own a firearm, you can carry it anywhere except government buildings and the governor's mansion
>No bans or waiting periods on anything that isn't banned at a federal level
>Per Kansas law you can legally manufacture your own suppressor as long as you don't sell it or transport it over state lines. The law reads that federal agents are not allowed to come after you within the state but that part was proven false by two guys that got prosecuted by feds
>Businesses and public places cannot post 'no guns allowed' signs unless they provide 'adequate' security that can protect you from being shot. Even then if you take your gun into a place with a 'no guns allowed' sign all they can do is ask you to leave and if you don't leave they can call the police who will come and tell you to leave but can't charge you with anything.
>As with anywhere, the large population centers (Topeka, Lawrence, Wichita, KC metro) are going to have your high concentrations of liberals and minorities, but for the most part everywhere else people are probably very similar to what you would be used to in Texas. Lots of good ol' boys that love guns, the outdoors, football and America.