/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment thread

Scopes worth owning edition

Old

Attached: 100_0212.jpg (2909x4421, 3.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-acog-4x32-led-illuminated-riflescope-w-chevron-reticle.html?_iv_code=TJ-RS-4X32LCHV-100393&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIstnUivGj4AIVxkOGCh0fZAZyEAQYASABEgINovD_BwE
aliexpress.com/item/1PC-Aluminium-Alloy-Automotive-Oil-Filter-Threaded-Adapter-1-2-28-or-5-8-24-to/32903960966.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1dd174f1ST01AK
youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc
youtu.be/ypb5HXdDJhc?t=1588
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 14.5%22 SR15_K16i Mockup.png (1525x552, 118K)

Poorfag edition
>r8 h8 masterb8

Attached: 20190204_204724.jpg (4032x1960, 1.65M)

Anyone have a recommendation for a fixed 3x optic for a Steyr Aug that looks somewhat similar to the integrated?

Attached: 1487927600692.jpg (1800x1006, 241K)

Attached: 1538003787167m.jpg (1024x400, 43K)

Ever heard of excel?
Not only did you post an image sideways, your handwriting is so poor that it'd be illegible even if it were right side up.

Shame on you.

stupid thread ans SCARanon can suck it

ayyyy photoshop frankenstein gun gang

>need to get a proper free-float rail hand-guard setup
Wrong. Basic bitch handguards are fine. Put money into an mbt trigger and a used aimpoint.

Pls no PSA bully. This only cost me:

16 midlength + scope + riser: $353

SBA3 brace + 10.5 Pistol build + chink reflex sight: $357
(lower was blemished and so is out for exchange):

I know I fucked up, need to get a proper free-float rail hand-guard setup.

Attached: PSA 20190205_000124.jpg (3840x1774, 1.05M)

Sorry I was ashamed I called the reflex sight a red dot and had to repost.

The SBA build kit came with a EPT trigger. Thats in the pistol for now. I'm running a milspec trigger in the rifle until I get used to it and put a few hundred rounds through her. Then the Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger (05-160) will probably go in.

It seems Geissele's wife's "sister company" sells the same shit at 1/3 the cost though. I watched a video of him trying to explain it but couldnt work out the value. Oh well it was $160 and will let me live out my meme dream fantasies.

If you really need rails, find some kac drop ins

Dude have fun with gem and beat the shit out of them practicing, learn what you want and what you like then build your dream gun. Nothing wrong with a couple psa builds

Recommend me an optic for 0-500 meters

Attached: 6BD77646-B235-4328-B5D8-8B01D963E833.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

This really isn't bad at all, except for the optics.

You're not that likely to get bullied for buying cheap but effective shit - people generally understand budget constraints. What WILL get you bullied is usually one of the following:
1. Throwing money away on garbage. While PSA is cheap, it works and is in nearly all cases of serviceable quality, so you'll get more than your money's worth. The same cannot be said of airsoft-tier chink parts and optics, which are generally equivalent to burning cash because they are not usable quality.
2. Going out and spending significant amounts of money on a rifle, but buying bad or subpar parts when a similar budget could've achieved a much better result with a modicum of lurking and research.
3. Buying gucci accessories or parts in the reverse order. If you have a Comp M5, deadair can, and surefire scout on an anderson lower, aero upper with aero handguard and a old style shockwave brace, you WILL get shit on, and for good reason. Invest in the components that matter most before spending money on flexing or you'll look like a poser faggot.

If you want to make a couple upgrades, I'd suggest a 14.5 BCM complete upper with their MCMR handguard, and then an Aimpoint PRO and LaRue MBT trigger.

acog

Vortex Razor HD Gen2

ELCAN

How do you guys feel about the battery LED ACOG? shop.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-acog-4x32-led-illuminated-riflescope-w-chevron-reticle.html?_iv_code=TJ-RS-4X32LCHV-100393&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIstnUivGj4AIVxkOGCh0fZAZyEAQYASABEgINovD_BwE

The optics were: $27 for the reflex sight $45 for the Simmons scope. Cyclops Joe W Rhea on youtube said the Simmons was quality at least for the price.

I figured I'd see how well these hold up, learn on them and invest as I get more experienced. Budget really wasnt and isnt a concern other than I like buying things at the best price/performance ratio.

In the future I'll probably pick the barrels and build my own uppers modeled on a cheaper version of InRange's what would stoner do build. It was funny to see them bragging about how low they kept the weight when my rifles were 1/4 the cost and weighed about the same.

Anyone have thoughts on pencil barrels? I trust that newer properly made ones wont drift as they heat up, but how many rounds can you put through them before they do get to toasty? InRange pointed out thinner barrels heat up and cool off faster but made no mention of round count.

What does Jow Forums think of Tennessee Arms Poly lowers? I've seen some failures on poly's from early gen stuff but the gun communities interest seems to have fallen off after the early stuff. Most manufacturers seem to have reinforced their designs and sell them for about $40 each.

They also make a clear lower without the nylon reinforcement for $10 more.

Attached: COLORS__94526.1453751496__37165.1491244419.jpg (1000x820, 101K)

R8 my setup arg

Attached: 20190204_235858.jpg (4096x1505, 2.83M)

Just curious, why would you WANT a lower of a variety that makes you feel the need to ask about it's reliability when aluminum milspec lowers are cheap and plentiful? Clearly you're not convinced it's a quality product, so I wonder what advantages you see a polymer lower having that prompts your interest in the first place?

garbage

magnified and redpilled

It's fine if you don't want to dish out the money for tritium replacement after 15 or so years

Does that scope hold up good on the scar 17s?

Post how it looks through your lens. Also this is you.

Attached: bartmic.jpg (480x360, 18K)

How much does a tritium replacement cost?

Well I already bought several see (the clear lower came scuffed)

I guess I bought them because aluminum milspec ones ARE cheap and show no signs of shooting up in price any time soon. There are so many its hard to determine which is the best design and pricepoint. I'm also finalizing my vector art for a custom engraved aluminum one.

5.6 Ounces and a lifetime warranty, at ~$40 a pop I figured what the hell I'll roll the dice. After hearing AvE talk about tool bodies and nylon reinforced polymer's for so long it seemed like a poly lower *might* be a good idea. The lower doesnt seem to take that much force after all. Shit they have customers firing .50 BMG's with their lowers.

Thought I'd ask for more experienced Jow Forumsomando's opinions though. Never know what you don't know after all.

Attached: Flame_Money_Shot__44174.1518477935.jpg (1000x563, 120K)

Well it is better then buying a new scope.

Unfortunately I'm away from home or I would.

Also what do you like more. Your ACOG RMR wombo combo or the ELCAN? I heard the ACOG is better but I just like how the ELCAN looks.

Attached: 1481089884671.gif (250x251, 1002K)

What suppressor should I get/k/ommandos? Griffin Armament M4SD or Dead Air Sandman K?

Check the decibel testing. I think MAC did a video on those brands.

aliexpress.com/item/1PC-Aluminium-Alloy-Automotive-Oil-Filter-Threaded-Adapter-1-2-28-or-5-8-24-to/32903960966.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1dd174f1ST01AK

Why spend all that money when AutoZone has you covered?

Fair enough, I was legitimately curious about the appeal and not trying to shit on you. Personally, I've always weighed polymer as an unknown quantity against the known reliability of aluminum, and discounted it as a result.
Big fan of AvE here too, you raise a good point about the successful application of polymer, although I don't think it's a perfect comparison as some of the forces each is subjected to differ. While you're right that the lower isn't really being asked to handle that much force from the rifle's actual firing, I've seen a number of polymer lowers fail specifically in the narrow area at the transition from the main lower to the area where the receiver extension screws in. It's definitely not a big deal for any rifle you're not trusting your life to, but I'd be wary of dropping a poly lower rifle stock first at an angle, though I'd do the same with a normal rifle without blinking an eye.

Poly lowers are definitely interesting though, I hope we see more stuff done in the future especially with regards to adding metal reinforcement like you see on those female thread inserts. That could help to eliminate failure points like the area I mentioned previously.

Is atlas worth the price or is harris Just as good?

They're both fantastic, but depneds on what you want. If you want a optic for close to mid range go with the Elcan, but if you're looking for more mid range go with the Acog. To me the glass on the Acog is better and the target acquistion is pretty good even with the unforgiving eye relief, but using the RMR is awkard since you have to break cheek weld to use it. Although I'be had more range time with the Acog than the Elcan so there's that to keep in mind.

Yeah InRange did pushups on their GWACS without issue, though they are a different design (buttstock is integrated into the lower)

ar15.com posts from ~2013 showed an ATI brand poly failing as in this pic. But who knows what material they used or if TNArms advanced the mold/chemistry they claim to be on gen3 now. The owner browses ar-15.com and had some pretty good responses to people being negative about his product. They are certainly committed to the idea.

Attached: ati poly.jpg (1024x577, 57K)

Attached: IMG_20180914_182912_2_jpg-725466.jpg (1200x503, 91K)

You have the SPECTERDR 1X/4X right?

Attached: DA15C779-E25F-44E8-9A4F-7BDAAB13C2A9-828147.jpg (1200x800, 125K)

Attached: 32352051738_288795b6f1_c.jpg (800x599, 150K)

I didn't watch the bowl because they get their advertising dollars from viewers and honestly fuck the nfl

Attached: MRP-002.jpg (1025x650, 243K)

Attached: n98zBo4.jpg (2048x1041, 758K)

Yep, how else am I going LARP and look cool on the internet?

Attached: 20190205_005102.jpg (4096x1818, 3.53M)

Attached: Theres nothing wrong with the mcmr but the people whomstve bought it are flaming faggots.jpg (1080x714, 70K)

Man the ELCAN looks so aesthetic.

Is there a good 77grain barrier round?

Attached: 31993015977_9b52b2c8e9_c.jpg (800x422, 293K)

Attached: 8g0aD0Z.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Too bad the flashlight setup is uggo

Attached: 45488278864_6bd57fa02d_c.jpg (726x800, 186K)

Ehh, I took it off when I swapped the full sized vfg for a stubby

I want to see this video

youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc

Somewhere in the middle/end he talks about ALG defense. I'll link the timecode when I find that part.

>fixed power
>shit-tier eye-relief

Why are you setting him up for failure, user?

Attached: ACBF9982-C9F0-4C42-90EE-60546B079A37.jpg (500x491, 88K)

26:10 or so he starts talking about ALG defense.

are they the ones who made that cancer octopus tentacle rail?

Kahles K16i

Attached: 46362799881_2a6eae9e60_c.jpg (800x600, 436K)

Do you like your dead air suppressors?

I own zero guns

I think so.

youtu.be/ypb5HXdDJhc?t=1588

Here's where he really talks about the differences. From the first watch through I thought the main difference between SSA and the ALG was that the SSA was "Safety Certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Centre". On second viewing I see that was not the case.

Literally any bonded core round

>0-500
Ideally a 4x Acog with an offset T2, RMR, or now ACRO.

Elcan 1/4x isn't awful either.

Otherwise a good 1-6x LPVO, Eotech, Kahles, or Razor Gen II not bad.

Defeats one of the neat features of Acogs which is the tritium.

>SI Dust cover
>Vortex magnifier
Would have been a good meme otherwise.

Dead Air Sandman K for sure. Best mount on the market. Light and short. Lots of end cap options. Good price. Very durable.

>That scalloped selector
>Those stupid rubberized grip panels that are definitely slick when wet.
>Old outdated suppressor mount
Hot rifle otherwise.

Hot except SF cans suck, and no right hand bolt hold open.

Dead air is good to go. Nomad with Key Mo one of the best options out there right now.

Attached: 37160825_10214879479673404_2818312996529373184_n.jpg (1729x1305, 1.07M)

What is going on with that red dot mount tho, looks hard yikes

how important is a scope mount made from one piece (like them cantilever things) compared to two seperate rings

like, in this one, the top two vs the second from the bottom. pros/cons?

Whats the best lower for a 9mm AR build? Looking at the quarter circle 10 colt magazine lower or the angstadt arms glock magazine set. Heavily leaning towards colt magazines however for the aesthetic. Anyone ever build one before? What are the parts compatability like?

>SF cans suck
Why? The only reason I ever hear is because they get stuck and need to be shot off. Is that it?

nice pistol

For maintaining zero, and retaining zero in the event you have to remove an optic, having two separate connections to a receiver is worse in every way imaginable than having one solid block. The only reason to use individual rings is if your gun has no option for a picatinny rail. or if you have to achieve really low height over bore because the firearms design is retarded to begin with, ie. M14

Can a male dogs dick get broke if while stuck in a female, they tried to dismount and run away?
Just caught my fucking Heeler stuck in my GSD and didnt know they were linked up so I yelled at him to fuck off and he tried.

Ask orangecat, that dude loves putting animal dicks inside him.

Attached: 20190204_155727~2.jpg (3924x2178, 2.12M)

What'd you do with the RMR

Did not come with it. I just have the mount on so I can use the offset irons.

Attached: received_406020620133820.jpg (3024x4032, 593K)

Did you buy it used?

forgive the wuggy for he is the retarded and does not understand anything

Of course. I might mount one on eventually but not a high priority

Attached: received_242167400004583.jpg (3024x4032, 2.27M)

Shit mount
Heavy and overbuilt for most use
No replaceable end caps, bad for both flash hiding, modularity, durability (no easy end baffle strike fix)
Overpriced for what they are due to cloners, fanboyism, and general SF brand recognition (check XVL2 pricing)

Attached: 20180909_145121.jpg (1817x1347, 1.9M)

>Shit mount
wrong
>Heavy and overbuilt for most use
>overbuilt
wat? you wan't your cans to shoot out faster?
>No replaceable end caps, bad for both flash hiding, modularity, durability (no easy end baffle strike fix)
dont shoot your fucking can Max
>Overpriced for what they are due to cloners, fanboyism, and general SF brand recognition (check XVL2 pricing)
nigga lel u dumb, just get another school loan

Help me pick a can out /arg/
For use with 9" Blackout, 16" .308, and maybe even 14.5" 5.56 but probably not

Attached: Screenshot_20190205-124135~2.png (1160x691, 97K)

It finally snowed.

Attached: 20190205_094005.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

Needs cookie cutter comp.

Are you a WA fag? I know I've seen that before...and i woke up today to it snowing.

Whats your focus on? dB reduction, weight, or length?

Are people frantically buying "assault weapons" in WA yet?

Attached: 20190205_101924.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

Imagine shilling cheap cans that shoot sparks in the dark and are barely quieter than a bare muzzle while your only complaints (as usual) are price and weight

Shoot your gAyRs

Attached: 20190205_123851-1.jpg (2236x2236, 3.15M)

>tfw cant take rifle pictures in the snow because neighbours would freak the fuck out
sometimes I envy you yanks

Nope. I had already bought mine, but I don't really see that happening. Although, yesterday I did see some fudd forcing his grandson so buy an AR15 because of it. He told the clerk "This is my grandson, and I want to him to get an AR15 before it's too late." Like, fuck dude. The kids barely 18 and you want to force an AR on him. I understand wanting to share shooting with him, but the kid looked mortified by all the scary salt weapons. He held the AR15 like a fucking pansie. I bet he lubes his hands up every time he thinks he see's roughness.

>ash at the range
Well fuck

Remove rmr mount or install rmr. Go back to A2 grip. Install ambi. Rattle can coyote and use until finish looks like shit.

Attached: 20181020_105142.jpg (3688x2513, 3.69M)

>be sandman k
>be an inch shorter than RC2
>have almost a quarter the number of baffles

Combo of the above
I'd like muzzle flash eliminated, for it to be hearing safe without ear protection, and and as low profile as possible

At this point I think I care more about shooting .308 with it so I'm almost leaning towards the Mini 2 but I feel like that won't do me any favors in the loudness and flash departments.

>be sandman k
>be living R E N T F R E E in anons head
>be a more versatile and robust can

>Wrong
The SF mount design is old as fuck at this point, slow to get on and off, cumbersome to get on and off with that stupid little latch tab, locks on hard as fuck and is known to do so. Go fuck around with a Dead Air Key Mo, SiCo ASR, AAC, or even YHM and you'll realize that the SF mount sucks.
>shoot out faster
The very notion of "shooting out" a can in any situation other than abuse or full auto SOCOM military testing is bullshit. Cans even of lighter design last tens and tens of thousands of rounds. The only thing to be gained from a more "durable" can is more heat capacity, and the ability to run it harder.
>dont shoot your can
Replaceable end caps are absolutely necessary for a variety of reasons. In the event that you have a poorly stabilized bullet, or a user error in mounting the can (more likely with shit mounts like the SF), the end cap is the most likely baffle to be struck, and so being able to replace it is huge, not to mention being able to gain some dB reduction on a .30 caliber can using a .22 cal end cap, and or adding recoil mitigating end caps, flash hiding end caps, or just flat Ti end caps for weight and length reduction.
>another school loan
So you're not actually here to talk about cans, but rather just to shit post. Nice.

Dead Air Nomad with Key Mo best option.
Don't listen to plastic guy he literally doesn't own any cans.

Imagine not having any cans or experience shooting cans and instead just being a contrarian jackass for the epic may may XD

Gorgeous.

Attached: DSC03325.jpg (4372x2900, 3.11M)

You talking to yourself here or what

It took you two years to finally shoot yours