Century WASR-10 vs N-PAP Thread

Century WASR-10 vs N-PAP Thread

Which one should I buy? WASR is $100 more in my area. Let's hear those stories, arguments, & opinions from people who have handled either or both.

>inb4 buy an arsenal/saiga/vepr/etc etc
>inb4 century sucks
>inb4 noguns telling me which is better based on a couple youtube videos they saw

Attached: wasrvsnpap.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dy-rM_LBBp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: wasr1.jpg (550x550, 19K)

Attached: npap1.jpg (600x400, 64K)

Attached: Wasr2.jpg (730x546, 89K)

i like my N-pap DF shot thousands of rounds with it and its great. ive handed a WASR and those are great too. I say get both.

Attached: npap2.jpg (1280x720, 370K)

WASR is a better AK just because it strictly adheres to the AKM pattern. You can swap parts, use standard furniture, and enjoy a chrome lined barrel. Biggest flaw is aesthetically (for most people) since the mag well is not dimpled (milspec)

I like my wasr better

Attached: IMG_20181121_154745.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

Attached: wasr3.jpg (3472x2604, 977K)

2014 WASR alleged QC recovery era, bretty good so far

Attached: 20181204_205736.jpg (2880x2160, 2.05M)

Attached: npap3.jpg (960x644, 243K)

Are century AKs good?

Isn't the chrome lining just a meme unless im shooting in a swamp or some shit & neglecting maintenance?

Only the imported ones

if its not a century import, take a sip of pic related

Attached: 1543029733792.jpg (464x618, 32K)

Round count on the wasr's?

How has the furniture held up?

~4000

not bad. the underfolder did put a little indent at the bottom of the front handguard when locking up but its nothing

No, it became a standard which was emulated, and in some aspects (not all) exceed by modern treatments. However, an unlined barrel without melonite or nitride treatment is still the most short lived barrel. Of course it's a non issue of you intend to shoot less than 5000 rounds, but chrome will wear less under any shooting schedule and dramatically less under any rigorous schedule (especially mag dumping), while providing corrosion resistance

Wait for zastavaarms to start iumporting.

NPAP best AK

Attached: sqc1a0o.jpg (4048x3036, 1.77M)

Just get one that was imported sometime after 2013 & avoid the ones they make themselves

Round count? Any problems?

Thinking mans choice is getting a WBP lynx ""pistol""

If you get a yugo, you can pretend like you are the kebab remover so I say get that.

Attached: 1540136436095.jpg (500x420, 50K)

~750
No problems but I'm a "light" user.
I recommend the wolf xp recoil spring upgrade if you get a Yugo rifle though.

Are the ones imported not made by them?
How can I tell if it's made by them when it's imported?

Over 6k

They import n modify many of their models to U.S. laws n standards. Some models such as the RAS are 100% USA made and 100% trash for the money

Any problems? Furniture hold up well?

Are the VSKA any good?

hahaha. no. if you get one I hope you have health insurance.

Attached: 1417675414786.jpg (185x268, 15K)

Ok thanks

Npap is non chrome lined barrel. Don't buy that junk.

commercial 7.62x39 is mostly non corrosive at this point though

bimetal jackets are kinda designed around chromed barrels imho

>implying I didn't swap out the furniture before shooting it

Yeah it's a magpul stock and grip and a UTG foregrip so its solid.

Attached: signal-2018-05-22-070503.jpg (1440x2435, 693K)

The barrel and bolt is the beating heart of any gun. Why, when given the choice at a not so drastic price difference, would one choose the shittier option? You’re not getting an AK for precision shooting so naked SS barrel isn’t going to make sense. At least get treated/nitrated

Because it's not hard to get a quality replacement barrel for AK's for 100 bucks should it come down to that

The problem isn't the cost of a barrel it is the effort required to replace a barrel

Chrome lining isn't all about corrosive ammo you idiot.

Do your research.

>buy non chrome barrel
>accuracy goes to complete shit after 5000-8000 rounds
>not a stupid cunt and bought chrome lined barrel
>still going strong after 50,000 rounds.

Nice.

Attached: 1531885513694.jpg (480x480, 49K)

>isnt all about corrosive ammo
it was a large factor in the shift for standardizing chromed barrels, at least in ARs and at one point surplus 7.62 was mostly corrosive.

The AR never had corrosive ammo.
Chroming was done simply for durability.

Correct. chrome lined barrels will last longer with no real down sides. long periods of rapid firing probably does more to long term accuracy than overall round counts anyway.

please melt that poor thing

It was done for the durability / longevity, ad well being a great anti rust in combat situations you idiot.

Can you please shut the fuck up and go research, otherwise top spouting bullshit like you have any idea of what you are preaching.

Attached: 1483041901544.jpg (320x299, 24K)

where did you get the reverse donkey dong?

Guy is selling was for $600 on Armslist in my spot. Good buy?

Attached: 1543951528197.jpg (571x720, 165K)

NPAPs have overall slightly better fit and finish.
WASRs are standard AKMs and thus have access to a MUCH larger aftermarket.

This is significant because both come with dogshit US-made balsa wood furniture and it's harder to source NPAP stocks without dropping some pretty serious coin.

NPAPs also tend to be pretty seriously overgassed and come with weak, out-of-spec recoil springs and assemblies, meaning unless you do something to mitigate it will be prone to premature wear. Surplus assemblies are cheap and ALG or Wolff springs are like $15, but it IS something else you need to do.

All in all I'm very happy with my NPAP but I tend to recommend the WASR to new AK people.

Attached: NPAP.jpg (3264x1836, 3.56M)

you can pick up a new WASR for just about that

GunBroker prices were looking higher. Up in 650-700 range, which seemed high. What should I shoot for in a used wasr? It's my first ak buy

Attached: 2213_00320_tall.jpg (1440x1620, 315K)

I like my WASR a lot. I like the NPAP i've handled a lot too. The chrome lined barrel is something to think about but if you just want something fun get either one. If you think m70's are particularly cool due to their history though, or have an interest in weapons from Serbian conflicts, get an NPAP. As other posters have said though dump that recoil spring ASAP.

Attached: IMG_20190205_013945174.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

I don't ever see N-PAP's for sale only WASR's

Attached: 1.png (638x702, 834K)

NPAPS are going to be $900 one zastava usa starts importing,get the wasr.

Get a VZ-58 and stop buying stamped garbage you fucking poorfag hicks

>shouts the poorfag hick who thinks his slavshit is better than everyone else's slavshit

It literally is. I went from a WASR to an AR and it felt it was overpriced at 350 back then. 6 or 700? Fuck that.

>he missed the threat of romanian barrels going bad at 5k on akfiles.

Hope you don't have a WASR or RH10.

hope you're not really this retarded

What ak is one step above a wasr and has a chrome lined barrel

this, and even then only the o-pap is truly an m70 due to the 1.5mm rec. and bulged trunnion. the npap has the push-button dust cover but the the only reason the serbs put that was to fire grenades out the barrel of the m70s. kinda out of place without the extra beefy receiver and trunnion.

I'd recommend the wasr unless you can get an opap for the same price.

Attached: f_fa0a8fc348 copy.gif (679x517, 139K)

>this, and even then only the o-pap is truly an m70 due to the 1.5mm rec. and bulged trunnion.
lol wrong as fuck dude. NPAPs literally have "M70" marked on their receivers. Why do people always trot this bullshit out?
Just like all AKs, there are a bunch of M70 variants:
An NPAP is literally an M70B1, the first stamped M70 variant. They later reinforced the trunnions and receiver so it could handle the stress of firing grenades better. That would be the M70B2.

However, since you're not firing grenades from an NPAP without replacing the gas block, it's a moot point. The 1mm receiver is fine and correct and was issued to the Yugoslav military, it's just a different iteration of the rifle.

Attached: 20190205_131051.jpg (4032x1960, 2.04M)

I knew that the first iterations were 1mm sans the bulged trunnions, but didn't know that was behind the b1/b2 designations. Cool.
>Why do people always trot this bullshit out?
probably because the final m70 was the most widely used and praised, even by Kalashnikov himself.

Attached: 2w7fy3o.jpg (1600x1080, 230K)

Wast is superior to opap because of the chrome lined barrel

The m70b1 had a 1.0 receiver

Attached: AK2.jpg (1954x736, 1.21M)

Attached: RjhvgHG.jpg (4048x3036, 1.57M)

Uh yeah that's what I said

Attached: 1486110285598.gif (500x281, 991K)

>the final m70 was the most widely used and praised, even by Kalashnikov himself.
Source?

The M16A1 got a chrome lined barrel and chamber to help extraction under adverse conditions. This band-aid fixed the worst of the design's problems.

I've never handled a WASR. But I have a Zastava NPAP and I love it. Favorite gun. 2k rounds through it with literally zero malfunctions. I don't know what they go for now but mine was $700 new, worth every penny

Post video of headspace pass
Either way, throat erosion will occur long before the rifling will wear out. The gun will literally become too dangerous to shoot before the chrome lining will allow the rifling to be shot out. That being said, competition shooters often times shoot 6000+ rounds out of their AR15s with stainless steel barrels. Stainless steel is soft, and .223 is much faster. 7.62x39 isn't exactly a barrel burner to begin with, and if the barrels being shot out was a problem, we would have seen some reports by now. Zastava has never had questionable metallurgy. I would not hesitate to buy an NPAP.

Fix your fucking gun.

I have to agree with , not to mention the fact that WASRs are routinely the same price as NPAPs online, check gunbroker for one.

Attached: Ignore+these+_ae5df16203482e2a33d61f66ab529b6d.jpg (1000x1333, 382K)

npap strong

>Arsenal's finish sucks
>Polytechs are stupidly expensive collector's pieces
>OG Norincos too
>Everything US has it's share of issues
>"Polish" AKs with US playdoh barrels

At this stage, really nothing lgbtqh, at least nothing worth the money. If you know any real good builders that will put together a parts kit for you then that's good, but also way more investment in time.

Nothing wrong with modern WASRs, buy one.

>Your retarded if you don't want your barrel to be toast in 5k rounds

kek

reminder to buy PAP's because romanian barrels are made of butter.

youtube.com/watch?v=dy-rM_LBBp4

pressure is what kills a barrel, so 7.62 being higher pressure should wear faster then 5.56

You're retarded if you genuinely believe a CHF CL barrel in a low pressure round like 7.62x39 would be trashed at 5,000 rounds

>7.62x39 isn't exactly a barrel burner to begin with

I hope you realize, even with 7.62x39 not being corrosive these days, it's still a very dirty and high pressured round compared to other calibers. It does numbers to your barrel. This isn't the 1940's, where most guns has non chrome lined barrels and people were mainly shooting from bolt action rifles. If i was to buy a semi automatic rifle, I'd go with the AKM / WASR over a non chromed barrel, because of the dirtiness garbage 7.62s rounds, the ease of cleaning, durability, the heat and pressure caused from a semi automatic and so forth which a chrome lined barrel will handle MUCH better.

But it's obvious, you have your head up your own ass, and cannot accept the truth.

The only reason I'd buy a MPAP is because i was born in the former Yugoslav, unlike the rest of you. Which is a reason i recently bought a M48A, but otherwise i'd always go with the WASR.

Attached: 7d34360f14e1c10907d09bb1de756853--wwii-hiroo-onoda.jpg (200x466, 22K)

watch the video stupid.

>in a low pressure round like 7.62x39
>Average - 3550 BAR = 51,488 PSI
>Single shot maximum - 4083 BAR = 59,219 PSI
>low pressure

Attached: 1459064044782.png (420x420, 16K)

Google 5.56 pressure and 7.62x39 pressure. Keep in mind the diameter of the projectile is important, too.

M70 pattern rifles have some of the most documented records of being able to stand abuse of any rifles ever

>low pressure round like 7.62x39

Attached: 1482028016560.png (266x281, 138K)

see
Don't be stupid please, 7.62 is not a LOW pressured fucking round, where the fuck do you morons get this from? 7.62x39 eats through non chromed lined barrels.

Do you know what the pressures of 5.56 are?

Do you know what the pressured of 7.62 are, you retard?

>comparing calibers where the 7.62 has a bigger bullet diameter, Neck Diameter and Base Diameter.

I hope you also know M4 barrels also get chewed through in the military, where they had Semi/3rdb/Full, and were said to last about 5-7k rounds before they needed to be changed.

Oh no, you didn't. Because you don't know jack shit about firearms!

Attached: 2343.png (1000x1000, 190K)

I thought 7.62 was in the low 50s and 5.56 was in the low 60s. Don't get me wrong, 50k PSI is not low, but fuck that extra 10k will make a difference. I was just stating that if a stainless barrel from an AR should last 6000 rounds, a much harder barrel with 10k PSI less pressure and a larger bullet should expect much longer life. I'm not saying its "as good" as a chrome lined barrel, but how many of you are going to assault an objective in FA?

Dirtiness of the ammo is inconsequential and seems to me to be a straw argument.

>Dirtiness of the ammo is inconsequential and seems to me to be a straw argument.

You've clearly never shot an AK.

Lol what? Are you honestly suggesting a box of 7.62x39 is loaded to higher pressures than a box 5.56? They're the two most common intermediate cartridges so the comparison is valid

>I was just stating that if a stainless barrel from an AR should last 6000 rounds

Except that's wrong unless you've got a M4A1/M16A2 military rifle, where you are constantly changing the selector and shooting in burst and then full automatic.

Semi automatic AR won't have any trouble lasting in excess of 250-30k+ rounds.

lolk

Attached: AKs.jpg (1080x1920, 239K)

Get reading comprehension, moron.

>Claims to have an AK
>Claims 7.62 isn't dirty garbage compared to other calibers.

OK!

Some 7.62 ammo is garbage, some is not just like everything else. Not sure what spent residue is going to do to an AK that it doesn't do to every other gun.

Please, enlighten me as to what the fuck you're arguing. I'm suggesting an AK has lower pressures, and larger barrel diameter which decreases wear. Are you the faggot saying an AK barrel is trash at 5000 rounds?