Buying first AR15 $400 preferably

good ar15 for $400 or less? might be able to go to $500. Wanna buy my first ar since i've been using my dads forever
>kinda like pic related
>m4 style
>just a normal handguard is fine
>don't need a ris or anything rn
>would like the upper to be flatop
>wanna get a t1 micro or some kind of rds

In Oregon and 19, laws said i just need to provide ID and do a background check which should be fine. Couple gun stores around me so i might take a look. Might look at armslist but no idea how to buy from there. Help appreciated
>especially video tutorials
on how arms list works or just any good AR's in the $400 ish price range

Attached: 549763.jpg (838x280, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-pencil-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-13-5-lightwieght-m-lok-upper-with-nickel-boron-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-5165450127.html
palmettostatearmory.com/complete-psa-ar-15-lower-classic-edition.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eec6s4K-XHg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

www.palmettostatearmory.com

that was fast thanks I've heard they're good

PSA or Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Sport II

thanks bro :) will check those out

Ruger ar 556 or MP Sport

Ruger AR556 or PSA.

This is a good choice if you can locally source a populated lower.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-pencil-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-13-5-lightwieght-m-lok-upper-with-nickel-boron-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-5165450127.html

>palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-pencil-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-13-5-lightwieght-m-lok-upper-with-nickel-boron-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-5165450127.html
thanks homie its out of stock but ill keep it in mind. Palmetto's psa 16 freedom rifle looked nice, i might get it since its carbine length and basically what i want but ill look local too before i buy online

>good AR for $400 or less?

You'll have to do better than $400, friend. You get what you pay for when it comes to guns, and proper ARs are not $400 rifles. If you want a "good ar15" you should be looking at a Colt LE6920 at minimum. Cheaping out and getting some off-brand poverty shit like PSA, a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport II, or a Ruger AR556 just gets you a borderline unusable rifle full of poorly manufactured, out-of-spec components. You are actually losing yourself money in the long run by buying this kind of shit, because, assuming you shoot seriously, you will spend several times more money on replacing the shit BCG, shit barrel, shit charging handle, etc with good ones, compared to if you had just bought quality in the first place. Also, PSA is infamous for having extremely poor electronic security. Google "palmetto state armory and stolen credit card."

get the new AR$400 comes with a cape

>t. needs to justify spending $3000 on his AR

Attached: 1526489023809.jpg (960x540, 65K)

Don't listen to this numbnuts, OP. PSA, S&W, and Ruger all make plenty good ARs. Sure they are in the low to mid range in terms of prices but they are very quality. Just look up reviews and you'll see.

FN

Spend 600 and get one of the aero rifles through brownells and save yourself the headache.

OP, don’t be a bitch. Save and buy what you want. It’s easy af in Oregon

>t. 19 year old AR15 owner in Portland, OR.

Attached: F15621F6-FABC-49CF-A0CE-D033B79EB3B6.jpg (1681x2046, 1.4M)

since im too lazy to type qtddtot into the catalogue, should I build my own AR? im a journeyman machinist in WA and have a good feel for re touching working components so would have little issue in putting in some TLC. i haven't looked on the sticky yet but any recommended branded parts?

palmettostatearmory.com/complete-psa-ar-15-lower-classic-edition.html

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html

>free shipping
>best performance both in handling and in down range terminal ballistics

I literally cannot make it easier for you

Attached: 3-20er.jpg (800x569, 134K)

I recommend a Premium parts lot from someone like Spike's Tactical or BCM. Building is the way to go, man. You learn exactly how the weapon works as you go along in the process

>Paying 1800 for a meme brand like Colt in 2019

Fucking boomers

Assembling an AR lower is retard-tier difficulty, user. As a machinist you'll do 20 setups today that are more complicated. And if you fuck it up, the worst thing that will happen is function problems. It's not going to kaboom because of some lower receiver assembly mistake.

Attached: Blank+_4116314d675d0430376fa1da34e39325.jpg (590x775, 95K)

>Colt
>$1800

I just got my first Colt for $1000. Leagues better than my piece of shit PSA AR's. You get what you pay for. "Just as good" isn't true.

>good
>$400
Kek

>colt
Bro...

How s it any better? The barrel will only last 10k rounds in either and I have no accuracy issues with my 300 dollar psa.

Save up for a chrome lined barrel and bcg

Waiter this pasta is stale!

Attached: 1549169336321.png (512x512, 112K)

Based frogposter

>C*lt
>2019
so are you a boomer or nogunz?

Bear Creak Arsenal, they hire low pay illegals and pass the savings on to you!

Attached: dteqTNRc.jpg (512x512, 59K)

they do?

> $400 semi auto
How in the fuck are they putting that much steel and aluminum in a gun that weighs 9lbs when a polymer fucking pistol is the same price or more? Fuck, even a m&p 2.0 is $400 or so.

They got raided by ICE today

Because materials are still relatively cheap by weight compared to machine time and labor, which is where the real costs come from.

Also, it helps that the TDP for ARs has long gone public, and manufacturers compete on components from gas tubes to LPKs to BCGs. This economy of scale and competition drives prices down.

Trump hires illegals, and he only hires the best people--therefore illegals are the best people.

Share blue pls go

Yeah, but somehow American manufacters are pricing full rifles cheaper than Turks can even clone other designs. If we aren't making the savings up in labor, then someone else is, and I assume it's because they are bringing in blanks, if not full receivers and barrels, from East Asia. I don't even know how to tell though.

Fuck Trump and fuck Mexicans. Taco niggers have no place in civilized countries.

Proofs muh nigga

As a former LEO, and Army Veteran. PSA uppers are good Quality, so are bushmasters, except for the Oracle, That is straight up GARBAGE!!!

Also Op dont worry about spending a lot on an AR15. If you truly want that expensive rifle, just wait a few weeks after a SHTF Scenario and the streets will be littered with the HIGH$$$$ ar15's laying next to the dead bodies of Call of Duty warriors with money and No actual combat experience!

I shoot steel at 300 yards with my $300 psa 20" every weekend. They're perfectly fine.

Can I ask what receiver/bolt is in your rifle? I'm looking into building my own and I want one that looks like the one you have in your pic.

>except for the Oracle, That is straight up GARBAGE!!!
You're talking about the DPMS Oracle right? What makes them so bad? I have a buddy who was new to guns and bought one and it seems to be doing fine. He let me shoot it a few times and I really didn't notice anything bad about it compared to my Colt

If the sport II is in your budget (can usually find them for 499-599) the fit and finish, trigger, everything is much nicer than the PSA. I have both. The PSA works, it’s just ugly, sloppy, and overpassed.

Up to you.

I have both too and nothing on the sport 2 is worth the extra money. At least psa doesnt have that shitty rollmark.

based arfposter

youtube.com/watch?v=eec6s4K-XHg