Mark was a Nuke for 10 years

youtube.com/watch?v=7apyJwtbFxo

The gun e-celeb with the best banter was a nuke, Jow Forums told me they were all socially inept bronie furfags.

Attached: novak.png (496x277, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xAXfuo6bFk
youtube.com/watch?v=8xAXfuo6bFk#t=500
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C-cute

Attached: mark.png (408x313, 221K)

the fuck is a nuke other than a ballistic missile.
Stop using your nu-words syolet

Attached: 1549423317948.jpg (468x895, 46K)

watched it this morning, been hooked on anvil lately.

Attached: gunsmithingbooks.jpg (2560x1080, 297K)

you are not a very smart man. "Nuclear Electrician"

Electrician's Mates (Nuclear)

high school shop teacher I knew since video #1, but ex-nuke, ex-industrial electrician I didn't guess.
really smart guy, I hope we see more anvil. only good reason to watch c&rsenal.

>hating on a minute of mae

Wrong
Oatboy a best

she looks like a dump truck, fuck off

Mae is bae, you absolute pleb

Who is bae?

she looks like a librarian

and not a hot one

Attached: 1540224232068.jpg (640x962, 149K)

She looks great in that photo but in video she looks so pudgy especially when she's sitting and talking with Othais or when they do a close up shot of her shooting.

Attached: 47695057_1187946208024386_4552028506930648880_n.jpg (1080x1080, 71K)

A real engineer talking to a French retard.

Hes scottish though

He has betrayed his heritage and prefer the French.

Jesus, you're a fucking moron.

this is the brain spawn of Jow Forums

look upon your progeny and weep

Attached: shake.gif (300x169, 627K)

I mean I would be ashamed of sheep fucking too

Very rarely can I accurately tell someone's age and lack of knowledge through such a short post, but this is one of those instances.

It's not like you have to have had military service or be a Tom Clancy fanboy. Passing conversation with a knuckle-dragging boatswains mate would be enough to learn what a nuke is.

>Passing conversation with a knuckle-dragging boatswains mate would be enough to learn what a nuke is.
And for those of us who've never had a passing conversation with a knuckle-dragging boatswain's mate...?
Like, why should it be expected that I'd ever find myself sharing the time of day with such a person? Are there really that many of them? Shit, I grew up near the ocean and I've never had a reason to talk to anybody who ever worked on a boat, with one exception: I once had a coworker who used to be a crab fisherman. You know how many times we talked about it? Once, when he was showing me how to tie a knot.
Most folks in the city have no reason to know these things.

I just assumed everybody had Navy recruiters shilling nuke jobs at their high school all the time like I did.
Hell I met a nuke last week just sitting at the bar at college.

In one of his interviews (the one with the guy from IV8888) he told a story about how a customer came in and asked him to do some work and the fatass cut they guys bolt in half and when the customer expressed his displeasure at his property being willfully destroyed the fat faggot told him that he didn't care. That convinced me that he is a moron and I would not let him even be in the same room as any of my guns because fuck his fat fucking faggot ass.

Got a link to this interview?

I think this is the one
youtube.com/watch?v=8xAXfuo6bFk

Wasn't Scotland a French Ally?

Scotland, like England, is French clay

>if you send me a "class a" malfunctioning gun(potentially dangerous i guess he doesn't specify) it's not leaving until I fix it and you WILL pay for it.

Sounds like a confidence scam to me.

yeah and by "fix" he means "if I can't make it run I will make sure it will never run!" so fuck him.

The alternative is potentially getting sued when someone gets hurt I guess.

the dude is very obviously a violent fudd, I don't think he's even touched anything made post-1938.
he has a lot of skill and works on some really cool shit but fuck if he understands modern firearms whatsoever
should've stayed an elechicken

He has a point though, you may not agree but he's not irrational or shekel grubbing
youtube.com/watch?v=8xAXfuo6bFk#t=500

Maybe by browsing Jow Forums for more than one whole summer? It's not like conversations about the military and military careers are particularly rare here. I've seen entire threads consisting mostly of people telling stories about how terrible it is to be a nuke and shitting on navy careers. Maybe if you weren't such a fucking newfag you wouldn't be so defensive and start accusing people of being basedboys for knowing about things you don't.

And now that I know his opinion, I would never trust him to so much as oil any of my guns.

Because it totally makes sense to call an elechicken a nuclear device.

I can somewhat understand his philosophy. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it.
in the case of that slamfire when closed shotgun, I believe he should've offered to make up a waiver for the individual if they had wished to take their firearm back stating that Mr. Novak isn't responsible for any harm done.

in the case of that 1100, if he cut the bolt without first informing the customer - he's a cunt. but destroying an unsafe part so that it cannot reenter circulation is IMO the correct thing to do.
this dude was raised in an organization where one minuscule mechanical fuckup was a nuclear disaster, I can understand the anal retention.

Please find me a case of someone who got sued for not fixing something after the owner told them not to fix it. It doesn't exist. The owner would be liable not the guy who tols them it was dangerous.

Having the moral high ground does not trump property rights.

Nah, he can fix it as won't bubba it up either we can all attest to his skill by watch any of his anvil episodes. It's just his justification is kinda murky with our civil law system it is possible for him to be blamed on this action if they (current owner of said broken firearm) can trace it back to his store that he could have notify or out right stop the owner of taking the firearm back without fixing it first. Or he could record every conservation and explicitly tell the customer it's his fault for taking back his broken firearm and sign these paperwork to release liability (who knows if this will hold up in court if it ever occurs).

so how do you feel when cars are held at a repair shop for failure to pass inspection for a safety violation such as bad brakes?
not trying to inflame you, just curious.

There are laws on the books about that for cars. I don't know of a single law that empowers a gunsmith to deny an owner's property rights. I'm not saying he's not morally right I'm just saying he's legally wrong.

You and he can justify it all you want. As far as I am concerned if you are being PAID to fix something and had it back in less functioning condition (ON PURPOSE) than it was when given to you, you are an untrustworthy individual.

I'd rather be morally right and legally wrong than vice versa

You're welcome to that position but I won't be sending you my business either.

Right, a gunsmith that repaired a defunct mp18 back to working full auto condition is not capable of maintaining/oiling any firearm.

>I'd rather be morally right and legally wrong
Be careful, that leads to some very dark places.

oh no I'm sure he's devastated about the lose of Jow Forums noguns poorfag business

Not when there is a risk of him permanently disabling it without my permission.

I think his larger point is that if you return the gun untouched, the current owner will know it's bad. The problem comes two or three owners and twenty to thirty years down the road, where that information about the danger has been lost.

Attached: WinchesterModel11.jpg (1024x591, 33K)

>bolt is cracked all the way down
>cuts it so someone that doesn't know don't grenade themselves 40 years from now
oh no what a tragedy

He's self-admittedly high priced. He services the Gun Jesus's of the world. That's his market. It's why he's got the elitist attitude he displays...because he can afford to have it as his clientele are also elitist pricks. All the "special ones" with NFA toys that would help lobby to prevent the end of the NFA so their collections won't be devalued...

In his hypothetical scenario, the gun wasn't in functional condition in the first place, it was a safety hazard were it with go off when closing the breech/action. If he returned it to you in the condition you originally brought it in, then he will have given it back to you in a "less than functioning condition".

Which is not his problem. No one appointed him the arbiter of future gun safety. He's definitely doing his bit to prevent future generations from dying due to obesity though by eating all the food now...

Disabled is less functioning than malfunctioning

oh fuck off sperg

to add, he may have made a new bolt for the customer and just not mentioned it in the interview as it wasn't really germane to his point.
I don't have a problem with destruction of unsafe, unrepairable components.

>I don't have a problem with destruction of unsafe, unrepairable components.
Imagine if it was you gun that he did it to.

Yeah, I bet he did, just watching his videos he not one to cut a project short and give up.
I am in full agreement with you, people bring in malfunctioning guns to get it back in working condition.

Attached: 1532329336461.png (615x591, 307K)

Not that user you are replying to.
But I have and I am willing for my components to be thrown aside and be made anew if it will get my firearm back in working condition.

it's a cracked nearly in half bolt from a converted remington shotgun still in production
it's literally worthless if the bolt is cracked in half, what the fuck are you going to do with it, weld the bolt back up to a gun that costs $300 on the average used rack?

don't you have Ian threads to be making, schizo poster?

Attached: smugsmugsmug.jpg (300x468, 31K)

As long as he informed a customer beforehand that this could happen, I can't see a problem with it.

"Nuke" refers to a nuclear engineer onboard a nuclear-powered naval vessel
Lurk moar, fucking newfag

>hello Mr. user, when I was inspecting your firearm it became clear to me that you had a deep longitudinal crack running the length of the bolt.
>>Okay, can we do anything about it?
>Well I looked at it and it doesn't appear that I can repair that bolt, so I disposed of the original as it was an unsafe component and in my opinion would've suffered catastrophic failure if fired.
>>Alright, can you source a new bolt or make one
>Perhaps, would you be interested in that?
>>Yes, I would like to return the firearm to functioning condition.
not that bad to me dude.

Are you willing to have him inspect your gun, quote you a price you don't want to pay and then receive a box of cut up parts back when you decline his further services?

>get my firearm back in working condition.
he rendered it inoperable, dose your opinion change?
see
This, this right here.
that is acceptable but it is implied that all he did was render the gun inoperable and charged they guy for the privilege of ruining his gun.

>>hello Mr. user, when I was inspecting your firearm it became clear to me that you had a deep longitudinal crack running the length of the bolt.
>>>Okay, can we do anything about it?
>>Well I looked at it and it doesn't appear that I can repair that bolt, so I disposed of the original as it was an unsafe component and in my opinion would've suffered catastrophic failure if fired.
>>>You did what!?!?
>>Perhaps, would you be interested in me sourcing a new part or fabricating a new one for $$$$$$$$?
>>>No, I want my property returned in the same condition I sent it until I decide what to do about it.
>>Sucks to be you LOL

>>Well I looked at it and it doesn't appear that I can repair that bolt, so I disposed of the original as it was an unsafe component and in my opinion would've suffered catastrophic failure if fired.
>>>wtf I didn't pay you to do this, you should have called me as soon as you saw it was irreparable. I'm not going to pay you extra to find me a bold or build a new one

Imagine being so autistic about functionally inoperable and irreparable parts.

Yes, because the gun was already in inoperable condition. Either the part would have had outright replaced and I keep it in a bag/box or is cut up and I have to get the part replaced anyways. You make it sound like the broken part has any value to me when it doesn't work anymore.

>Either the part would have had outright replaced and I keep it in a bag/box or is cut up and I have to get the part replaced anyways.

Which is the customer's choice to make not the shop's.

>Doesn't understand a word
>mocks people who use it
This is why you're being made fun. Goddam you're braindead.

the part only has value if it either is
A. functional
or
B. Repairable
Why would I care about something that cannot be used or repaired being cut?

>Which is the customer's choice to make not the shop's.

Depends on the contract you signed.

Well, he was a navy nuke after all, being on the spectrum is expected.

>sir when inspecting your vehicle we found that your brake calipers have failed entirely and will not close. since this is an unsafe condition we have removed the parts and disposed of them as they are an unserviceable component. at this time the vehicle is not roadworthy and new calipers will need to be installed. do you consent?
>REEEEEEEE

>when they do a close up shot of her shooting.
Dat boob jiggle doe.

I'll have you know I have the RIGHT to get people killed in the future because of parts I refused to dispose of!

This is why you don't have any friends.
you can tow the vehicle back to your home if you wish and fix it yourself with all parts intact, the fat bastard intentionally broke a part and charged for that

>presumably drive to mechanic. >Everything is fine on the way to and has never failed inspection and is used everyday for work etc.

Vs.
>carry antique rifle to gunsmith to get into working order
>fucking saws the bolt in half then charges you for the privilege

Correct.

>ad hominem
seems like you've given up on trying to actually argue the point sweetie
>antique rifle
>a remington 1100
>that was converted to 410
ok
fuck off to Somalia anclap

it is the responsibility of the future party to ensure that the gun is in working order before using it.

k is full of whiney faggots who hate everything.

Because you keep missing it. the point is that fat bastard was contracted to fix an item and returned it nonfunctional.

>my FEELS gives me rights to other people's property

Lots of closet commies in this thread.

Jow Forums just parrots stupid shit and fake greentexts someone decided to write up
every one of those "nuke stories" heavily violates procedures that have been in place since the inception of the naval nuclear program and Naval Reactors would have a fucking field day with the entire commands of those ships

then tell us the true boring stories, radioactive faggot

I don't know. Some submariner user reported slapping his shipmates with his fleshlight just a few days ago. Maybe they really are filthy degenerates.

HAHAHA
Oh, man

So you've taken every single used gun you have ever fired to a gunsmith to make sure it doesn't send a bolt into your head?
if it was functional it wouldn't be there, the bolt is cracked in half, it has no value and cannot be repaired, the only thing that bolt can do it in it's as in state is find it's way into a gun eventually and get someone killed.
The future owner of your gun has the right not to get a bolt to the head because you were a dumb cocksucker that cried about MUH ALREADY INOPERABLE PROPERTY

>The future owner of your gun

Is as on his own to determine the safety of his firearm in his time as I am in mine.

So you've taken every single used gun you have ever fired to a gunsmith to make sure it doesn't send a bolt into your head?

so you would knowingly sell someone an unsafe firearm without disclosing that to the buyer?

It was there to be made functional. It arrived barely functional and left nonfunctional, contrary to the request of the owner. How is this hard for you to understand?

I have personally disassembled and inspected every used firearm I have ever bought before firing.

incorrect, the weapon was there to be inspected for condition and to advise the customer of possible remedial action.