Previous:

Attached: preme2.jpg (595x595, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hyperstealth.com/digital-design/index.htm
youtu.be/CzzH_Soh0Uc?t=304
wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-four-laser-cut-hypalon-wtfix-strapped-backers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why is maritime the new meme?

Attached: 50722781_388249295320855_1059488958666843508_n.jpg (1080x1350, 113K)

What is a good vest that I can put a few AR magazines on without looking like I'm a try hard? I just want something that is comfy, can hold about 6 magazines and maybe my cleaning supplies.

Any suggestions is appreciated

t b h it seems all the "cool" insta pages are NSW or USMC cool guy related. Also AOR gear, while not as sought after anymore, still has that allure of not being as easily obtainable.

Attached: 150770514611042559.jpg (2048x1365, 1.05M)

>why don't you just join the military user?

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1511, 1.2M)

Also with the USMC budget increase, FORECON and MARSOC guys are flexing their new gear.

Attached: recon.jpg (2880x1920, 1.75M)

It's still weird to me seeing the abundance of AOR gear on the market today, most of it being passed over or sold for mere bottlecaps. Ten years ago that shit might as well have printed $100 bills as the camo pattern.

What happened? I know USN dropped it but wouldn't that mean it's out of production and therefore desirable?

They didn't drop AOR, they adopted it fleet-wide. It's just not a cool guy exclusive anymore and supply > demand.

Is the Haley Strategic D3CRX chest rig worth it alone for the front panel? Or should I just get the new Velocity Systems enhanced front panel?

USN didn't drop it, NWUI is being replaced with NWUIII. NSW guys replaced a lot of older gear with newer AOR stuff while DEVGRU dropped it for multicam so AOR cryes flooded the market.

Attached: image.jpg (960x944, 109K)

Oh shit i knew they went to a new came thought it was multiscam.

Lmao at people who got btfo with 600$ sets of camo.

>butt touchies
this pleases me

On the subject of in vogue camo patterns, this thought occurred to me recently:

M81 or "God's Plaid" is the hot shit right now because of its use with various enablers and spoopy people working within the ranks of our supposed "regional allies" in the current conflict. Those forces only happened to use M81 because it's cheap as hell and massive quantities of US surplus was dumped in their lap.

Currently, the military is amassing mountains of UCP pattern uniforms and TA-50 gear being exchanged for OCP. Can you guess what's going to happen when Venezuela or the next humanitarian uprising cooks off? All those freedom fighters will be getting a hefty care package of shitty moon camo courtesy of Uncle Sam!

Following the same dumbfounding logic we see showcased today, US advisors will undoubtedly be embedded with these forces. They will, of course, end up wearing new production Crye and Patagonia cuts of UCP to "blend in" while totally not doing so at all. Subsequently, ACU prices will skyrocket and people will unironically refer to anything UCP as "gucci."

It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time. Remember, you heard it here first.

I just bought a bundle of these blind for a price beyond my budget. Here's hoping they're in good condition.

Attached: 201633_ts.jpg (384x384, 18K)

You only see people calling the crye woodland shit gucci not the regular old surplus woodland, not to mention Crye and Patagonia cut UCP has been a thing for years

The point is more about people holding outmoded camouflage patterns in high regard due to association rather than any practical merit of the pattern itself.

>Crye and Patagonia cut UCP has been a thing for years

And those have always been the rarest of rare/most expensive combat sets save for maybe DCU.

t b h old MARPAT or the millions of woodland uniforms is more likely.

Shameless self bump

D3CRX's layout is kind of memey and oriented for range use rather than going out and doing /out/ stuff with guns.

no they arent, 2 sets just sold for under 600 dollars

This is all true, good summary.
That being said, some of us just held on to the M81 shit we were issued. I got mine in '05 and it is still GTG.
Also, I blame the Marines fore memeing 'digital' camo on the rest of us to try to look different from the Army.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sniper/recon loadout setup? Looking at lightweight stuff while keeping a lot of the equipment off the front allowing for easy access going prone.

>$600 for crye's
>not rare

Okay dude.

>Also, I blame the Marines fore memeing 'digital' camo on the rest of us to try to look different from the Army.
Digital patterns break up shapes better and scale better at different distances.

Attached: 1507705146110379.jpg (1000x667, 198K)

never said they werent rare or expensive you moron, i said they certainly arent the most rarest cryes besides DCU.

>Digital patterns break up shapes better and scale better at different distances
Quantifiable and true, yet objectively irrelevant. 99.99% of servicemembers have no more use for a pixelated pattern than a legacy pattern, since they aren't in regular combat or aren't in a combat environment where the pattern would make a real difference.
The Marine in that picture evidently agrees with me, since for the majority of his surface area he elected to wear an un-camouflaged jacket.

Not saying you're wrong exactly, but don't you find it interesting that only one of the four finalists in the Army trials was a pixelated pattern?

Attached: Diptic.jpg (3264x3264, 1.12M)

Who the hell pissed in your cheerios? As I alluded to earlier, my frame of reference is based mostly around the 2009-2012 timeframe when obtaining a set of UCP Crye's was virtually unheard of. So forgive me if my knowledge of current availability is out of date. I don't know why you're trying to be a dick over it.

stop saying stupid shit and ill stop being mad

I agree but at the same time MARPAT was based on CADPAT and picked up before the Army pattern trials to replace woodland so the statement: "Also, I blame the Marines fore memeing 'digital' camo on the rest of us to try to look different from the Army" isn't wholly true.

Take a deep breath buddy. Prices and availability fluctuate with time, especially when it comes to collectable's. What's true today might not be tomorrow and my comments were based on yesterday. No need to be upset.

assuming prices stay the same over a near decade time frame is pretty high IQ

If anything I would assume that prices had risen. I'm not aware of any recent demand or production runs for UCP combat sets.

Esstac Bush Boar. Find them on SKD

Probably since the more recent trial patterns were private entries and UCP left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
I know hypersteath is a meme company but they've put out solid articles with excerpts from the first trials.
>hyperstealth.com/digital-design/index.htm

Attached: aorii_acu_multicam_desert_brush_acud_mirage.jpg (800x687, 210K)

Doubt it

>you heard it here first
*frantically starts looking for leftover UCP fabric bolts for sale*

Attached: 20190206_114555-1315x1952.jpg (1315x1952, 567K)

>Probably since the more recent trial patterns were private entries and UCP left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

My memory may be off, but I do believe that both AOR colorways and other government patterns were included in the trials but got eliminated before reaching the later phases of competition.

Probably but I highly doubt they were eliminated due to performance considering kryptek is an awful pattern with no disruption properties.

Attached: n.jpg (710x457, 76K)

This latest round of camouflage testing was certainly intended to "right the wrongs" of those evaluations proceeding it. "This time we'll be scientific," they promised us. I'll admit that's probably placing too much faith in government to do anything correctly. However, if the methods and results they produced are to be believed, then the final four down-selects truly did offer convincingly adequate levels of camouflage across the multitude of environments tested.

>USMC
>Not even raiders have been in combat in the past 8 years
>cool

yea ok

Well the evaluations prior were done right, but prior finalization of the trials some fucky shit shit happened and the scientific results were ignored and a variation of the urban pattern was picked rather than the brush pattern that was doing better.

>flexing
>using gear Seals, Rangers, PJs, Green berets had in 2010

lol

Getting new gear and showing it is still "flexing" regardless.

This Though it depends on what you pair it with. Integrated pack on a PC with molle side panels and it’s not too bad. I have both the new and old style rigs and I kinda like the old style with the bungee stuff pouch better.

>Dec 2016
>implying they broadcast sof movements like your local national guard unit
wew

Attached: 5EF836ED-2485-4D0C-BBAB-1C26CE6A7AAD.png (750x1334, 163K)

God damn, we could have ended up in a timeline where krypkek would have been a service camo. Really makes ya sweat a bit

So wearing something that is new is called flexing to Gen Z faggots? Ya learn something new every day.

I see you're out of touch and can't read either, considering "cool" was directed towards instagram users.

Flexing is a gen z term so yeah lmao

>debating buying boots from Sportsman's Guide
>new review comes up claiming they're selling rejects and irregulars without labeling them as such

Sportsman’s guide is a crapshoot with their surplus. I’ve bought stuff that said slightly used that showed up still sealed and I’ve order never issued stuff that came looking like it had been stored in a swamp and they let their dog chew it up before it shipped. Also have gotten just the completely wrong (but similar) item. Sometimes you can get a steal and other times you waste money.

Yeah. I remember Luke from OutdoorGearReview ordered a surplus assault pack for $60 from SG and received the shittiest $3 Chinese knockoff bag available on the market.

R8 my airsoft belt?

Attached: 17FCBFB6-042F-4A26-8246-FCF09766EA32.jpg (3983x1765, 1.73M)

>trex arms
y i k e s

Looks like it will work fine.
Also looks like ass.

>AR500 armor patch
>t rex arms belt and holster
wow that's a lot of bad decisions

What’s so bad about the med kit?

>Ordered a pair of boots. Came half size too large
>Ordered 3 pack of usgi canteens. Looked like something heavy had sat on them for the past 20 years
>ordered a USGI Multicam ruck. Showed up in issue plasitic bag looking perfect
>ordered a sks forened/gas tube cover. Was a different style as advertised
>ordered some US issue walffletop cold weather shirts. Fox brand knockoffs.

I only order from them if I’m getting something else or I’ve read enough stuff in reviews showing that you’ll get what you paid for. You still gotta be careful with those tho bc there’s a ton of idiots and fudds singing the praises of cactus jack shit or NcStar optics.

So you’re saying I should rattle can it to match my rifle?

Not at all. I’m saying it works in the same way if you strap on a leather belt on which you’ve stuck Alice pouches.

Id fix your set up before you start worrying about looks. As other anons have said
>t rex shit
>knife placements all retarded.
Not really sure what’s going on with your blowout kit. How does it open, where does it sit when you wear it, and what’s in it?

I was assuming you had AR500 plates due to the patch but if the IFAK is from AR500 as well yikes have fun with your overpriced shoddily made Chinese IFAK.

Yeah. I found some alternate online stores I want to buy from that offer the stuff I was looking at on SG but for a lesser price, but I need to be able to justify the order due to needing to ship things across the Atlantic. I'm sort of tempted to bulk import some things and upsell to cover the cost of my own junk.

Not shilling but have you looked at varusteleka

On the last GQ thread I asked if Haley's rigs were good and I was told "yeah they great!"
Fuck, is it good for oper8ing or what? I was lookin' at the Micro tho.

It’s AR500’s tear away ifak, $85, stitching and velcro seem plenty strong, and stuffed with goodies. Sits in the middle of my low back and has room to move it higher or lower on the belt.
Holster is meh, it’s just basic kydex, hard to fuck up. I’ll worry about getting a fancy safariland if I ever get a rds on my pistol.
Knife is in a pretty standard belt location from what I’ve seen.

Attached: 23B1420D-89D6-4072-B3DF-B791B13D8249.jpg (1064x1092, 1.14M)

It's decently made but it's design is oriented for range use, which is fine but a "real" chest rig will have more pockets for field items, magazines, and etc.

Attached: 1496341096252.jpg (1080x832, 184K)

Their selection is a bit limited. Right now I have a cart full of $85 in stuff on MilitarySurplus.ro and I'm trying to justify spending the money for a complete kit setup of boots, assault pack, gaiters, snow gaiters, cleaning kit, and a knife sharpener. I keep seeing new stuff and some of it's so affordable I have the whole "oo piece of candy" thing going on.

Fair. Realistically I'll mostly just use the shit at the range. But I want my gear to be ready for battle in the event shit ever hits that fan.

The point against the trex holster is that a standalone safariland ALS holsters are basically the same price. Same goes for the IFAK, a marginally better made IFAK would have costed you the same

>surplus boots
yeah nah

Do they even make an ALS for a P10c with an x300?
I know the P10c fits most G19 holsters, but would that be the case with the ALS?
I knew the G19 Trex holster would work because it’s just passive retention

Tbh I recommend just building one with "cool guy" surplus or a second hand mayflower.

Why exactly is that a bad call? I've been considering getting into cobbling, so even a resole isn't something I'm worried about.

youtu.be/CzzH_Soh0Uc?t=304

Oh it didn't copy the time code but yeah it fits.

Well fuggg

its a war against milk

Attached: image0 (4).png (750x1334, 2.06M)

Imagine putting a "retard" patch on that velcro arrow.

Do you have a sister?

Any of you fucks got nods or nah?

L3 WP filmless tubes in dtnvgs

Attached: IMG_20190207_173121_016.jpg (3024x3024, 871K)

what pouches for soft t tourniquets, friends

Everything seems to be too thin (made for cats not soft t), too deep (hard to pull out tq), or retardedly bulky velcro and snap tier

I see that companies who make dangler type pouches that go under chestrigs/pcs usually put elastic bands on the bottom for tqs to be quickly accessed.

Have any sewing monkeys used hypalon? I know it's rip resistant but I dont know if you need a special needle or something to actually sew/pierce it

I wanna try my hand at shit but getting these backers seems like it would save so much time

Attached: 5184WTFixStrapped99__93558.1425580018.1280.1280.jpg (1280x853, 348K)

Those Mayflowers look cool...

>Flexing is a gen z term
Not him, but I am 51 yo and we used that term when I was in grade school.

Have fun cutting it properly without a laser.

>you heard it here first

consider a one way trip to greenland you tripfagging larping fagtron.

I've been saying this for years.

wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-four-laser-cut-hypalon-wtfix-strapped-backers/

I will, thanks

>an actual boomer
Wew. Im not even 30 and feel too old to be in this shithole
Trying to figure out why TNVC is charging tapmud prices when fleabay has PVS14s for a grand less.

Where can I get milsurp (or equally rugged) MOLLE equipment on the cheap? I need everything. AR, SR, and AK mag pouches, backpack, carrier, etc. Preferably in OD Green

V E L S Y S

Attached: 65d4h65d46gf546df54g8dg4.jpg (1064x1107, 360K)

SOG niggas be like "Alola"

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-125757_Instagram.jpg (1440x1796, 1.2M)

Most based and underrated woodland camo coming through.

>gee wiz it's digital

Attached: 77-glazuta_2014_437_1_853_x_1024_en-7258fbc909bfa6aa.jpg (480x576, 53K)

>40530836

you already made a thread with this exact photo and exact text. go fuck yourself faggot

I dig your aesthetic, user. You've encouraged me to drop my no-multicam anti-meme and embrace it like I've always wanted. The right little bit here and there.

You must go back jesus fuck

>40532661

you don't deserve a (you) faggot

Attached: gaymos.jpg (445x558, 83K)