Shooting a fifty cal is the best shooting experience out there

Shooting a fifty cal is the best shooting experience out there.
You cant prove me wrong

Attached: Ma_Deuce_05.jpg (780x520, 114K)

shooting a 84mm recoilless rifle makes things explode

>Shooting a LAW
>Get eeeeee
nah, fuck those things

I believe you, i fired an Oerlikon 35mm gun a once
it was rather boring, you feel no vibration or shockwave from the muzzles because you are in an armoured gunners seat which gets filled with fumes from the guns

watching it shoot right next to it is actually more enjoyable

oh and sitting on the instructors seat for an entire day will give you a murder headache

Attached: 35mm.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>mentioning the "eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeee"
Fuck you

Attached: 1542905482634.png (514x508, 207K)

This I love the goose. 320 is a close second.
Don't care to change barrels and I'm glad I'm not a gunner anymore.

I wouldn't know, I've never shot .50ae/bmg :/ friend of mine got to shoot a Barrett m82a1(iir the rifle model correctly).

It's not. I enjoyed the 240 much more. 50 is slow, pain to mount/unmount, pain to carry ammo, H/S(heard that's been fixed on new ones), recoil is hard to keep on target over distance, harder to shoot while moving mounted, iron sights kinda of shit if you

...Choose to use them. The old ones with no flash supressor completely washes out your night vision. I could go on. They're OK, but like I said 240b is much more fun

>oh and sitting on the instructors seat for an entire day will give you a murder headache
Try doing a reverse valsalva maneuver, i.e pinching your nose and breathing in with your lungs and sucking in with your mouth against closed lips.

Alternating normal and reverse valsalvas (esp. after a hot shower for the steam) also helps a lot with sinus infections fyi.

>not shooting the superior SMAW and getting major eeeee with a minor concussion.
Fucking pussy.

Marines practicing their fire for when they have to mow down liberals when we round them up?

shooting my seed into your mom is even better

>fire a fifty all day
>no earpros, peltors or even plugs
You can see it on the guys face. What the fuck

Attached: Wat8.jpg (604x404, 40K)

He has earplugs in. But earplugs really aren't enough.

Especially since those look to be the 3M "combat" plugs that the government got defrauded on and put a spanking on 3M for.

They dont issue cups?

What the fuck are cups?

If you mean earmuffs,
1. You're retarded
2. They're a specialty item not issued to standard dismount infantry because they're expensive and fuck up situational awareness worse than plugs while also not working with many forms of helmet (particularly the USMC LWH) or any form of gas mask.

Muffs, yes
>2. They're a specialty item not issued to standard dismount infantry because they're expensive
Theyre not that expensive though. Maybe the electric ones but even then theyre really not all things given.
>and fuck up situational awareness
Dunno about real combat but at the range? Its dubious point at best.
>worse than plugs while also not working with many forms of helmet (particularly the USMC LWH) or any form of gas mask.
Worked for me, even with a gas mask. Sounds like a serious oversight then.

Desu I hope you guys get that fixed

I un-ironically enjoyed shooting the 240 more. But it probably didnt help that it was raining, my ass was in a puddle, and my eye pro was fogging up something fierce.

They are slowly working toward making comms-integrated eamuffs widely if not standard issue, along with the push for full issuance of comms. Currently only a few special-snowflake line infantry units have comms for every man, most are squad leaders and up only.

And yes, the US military doesn't really believe in non-comms-integrated electronic muffs. We've been through a series of them
>Peltor Comtacs
>MSA Sordins
>Peltor Comtac 2s
>MSA Sordin Supremes
>Peltor Comtac 3s
I honestly don't know what the fuck is current issue, when I ETSd in 2016 we had a mishmash of all 4 of the above and they all had their own unique issues and quirks (the Comtac 2s were fully submersible, the Comtac 1s would short out in the rain, the Sordin Supremes had zero ability to determine direction because of where they placed the fucking microphones but were waterproof/submersible, the Sordins had fucking GOAT directional audio but were right-side-mic only so you always ended up pinching the mic boom between the stock and your face).

19K here
Nothing beats turret surfing and popping off a 120MM

Attached: D602BB69-01B3-4319-8225-1164E30E12D5.jpg (914x472, 54K)

This. I shot more .50 than anything in the army and honestly it got old quick. The mounts on the trucks were beat to absolute shit and it was impossible to make accurate fire at range reliably. M240 with an elcan made it a breeze, and it was just far easier to manage everything from ammo to hits on target.

your move

Attached: fSu8Wb5.jpg (800x531, 37K)