Are nickel boron coated BCGs a meme? Supposedly you barely need to lube them ever...

Are nickel boron coated BCGs a meme? Supposedly you barely need to lube them ever. Does anyone have experience with them? How about other coatings?

Attached: 72607538-0955-49EC-9166-DB23F59011B7.png (370x370, 51K)

Yes they're a meme, the amount of shooting you need to do to experience any significant cost savings or performance advantages with a nickel boron BCG are well outside the reach of the vast majority of hobbyist shooters, and would indicate a profound systemic failure if a professional was actually required to shoot that much.

The coating quickly loses its slickness and it'll stain within a few hundred rounds, essentially becoming no better than a standard phosphate BCG. If you want a coated BCG that'll clean up easier, go chrome or, better yet, Cryptic.

are there any stainless steel BCGs and barrel extensions??

What about nitride bcgs?

Nitride is legit in my experience. Slick and hard as hell

>The coating quickly loses its slickness and it'll stain within a few hundred rounds
So much this. I still lube my shit, but the bolt is already noticably stained after 300 rounds. The carrier itself is still shiny and wipes clean, but again I've only put 300 rounds through the gun. Supposedly Toolcraft only makes the carriers, so their bolts are mystery meat as far as I know.

Can confirm. The Cryptic Black is expensive AF, but god damn is it stupid easy to clean. Every NiB BCG I have is stained, and is just as hard to clean as my normal BCGs.

This, NiB is a giant meme that's notorious noob-bait. The splotchyness they inevitable develop looks like complete ass, and I swear they don't retain oil as well as standard BCGs.

Good to know, I am a noob who’s putting together his first AR and I just keep seeing all of these gun blogs fawning over NiB

That's why y'all should've opted for the EXO NiB and picked up a can of MAG polish, pic related after more than a thousand rounds

Attached: 20181116_183032.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Nitrided BCGs are the new secret sauce

What is the coating cryptic uses that's so special and makes it better. Sell me on the gucci bolt

Nickel Boron is meme garbage
Nickel Teflon is the real shit
I'd still prefer nitride aka melonite aka tennifer aka nitron aka qpq aka ferritic nitrocarburizing because it's actually a finish and not just a coating.

They polish the fuck out of the bcg and then apply something like DLC

So this is better than nitride? I'm a nitride fag because it's plenty slick and much better than phosphate for lubricity and cleaning from my experience. So polishing and dlc works better than a good nitride?

I'm going to agree with a lot of anons in this thread. Nitride seems to be legit. Not only are nitrided bolts priced similarly to phosphate, but they actually do what Nib claims to do. It's definitely an upgrade over phosphate.

Yeah, but they are also 2-3 times more expensive.

Manganese Phosphate drenched in CLP is the best and most proven to not suck.

>are there any stainless steel BCGs and barrel extensions??
I don't know of any. That sounds like a miserable idea too. Stainless steel is not as strong as alloy steels are, and it has far worse wear properties. A stainless BCG and barrel extensions are both horrible ideas.

but stainless barrels are a huge thing and stainless alloys with the needed thoughness have been known and available at a reasonable price for a long time....