Getting a long-range rifle soon

>What kind of rifle would you recommend?

Attached: longrangetacticalhero.png (2000x900, 326K)

Budget?

How long a range, what's your budget, what do you already have?

Oh, and I guess it'd be important to ask which is your dominant eye.

Currently own a AR-15 and AK-47. Never owned a long range.
Budget would be between $1,000 - $1,500
Range would be 100 yards

>100 yards
Unironically just get a .22 and practice with that.

>Range would be 100 yards
Maybe a bit farther, not too familiar about ranges when it comes to rifles. What would be best?

Most people won't consider it "long range" until you're at the 500 yard mark.
If you want to practice adjusting for bullet drop and all that at 100 yards, get a bolt-action .22 and start there.
Once you've found a place where you can actually start stretching your legs, get a bolt-action rifle in one of the .308-family rounds.
For bench rest/prone, I'd actually suggest getting the wrong-handed bolt.
If you're left-eye dominant, for instance, get a right handed bolt so you can keep your grip and cheek weld while cycling the bolt.

>100 yards
>long-range

Thanks man.

I wouldn't get the opposite side bolt action. If you're only going to be prone that would be fine. If you want to stand or kneel you'll be annoyed working that bolt with the wrong hand. And if you're only shooting 100 yards you'll probably want to do some standing practice because table shooting will get boring at only 100 yards.
But yea, stick with .308. Best value for what you'll be working with especially if you start buying good loads.

I am also interested in this and have been looking at the Bergara B14 platform. I'd get it in 6.5 credmoor or .308.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

>100 yards
is this faggot serious

bergaras are nice, ive shot a few out to a grand in 6.5. i prefer three position safeties but really bergara is the new remington in the long range game. would easily recommend.

Something finnish

Tikka is a good way to go.
CTR in 308 has won a couple 300/600 yard matches for me.
Rifle should run you just inder $1000, get a Vortex HS-T or something decent in the $500 range and you should be good to go for anything with 800 yards.

>100 yards

Savage Mk II with an SWFA x10 scope and CCI AR Tactical .22LR 40gr CPRN, you should be able to have sub-MOA groups at 100 yards in no-wind conditions.

Boof? What the hell? I haven't noticed you on here in like 5 years. Next I'll see Marisa or svet or something

Marisa was posting just the other day. Kagami too, actually.

No shit, eh? I feel so old.

>Range would be 100 yards
lmao
Your AR15 should have no issue hitting vitals/varmint sized animals to 300 yards and theres hold over to 400 yards but it's still quite doable. 500 yard first round hits get pretty tough on small targets

Anons new to the sport, and is asking questions. Dont berate him for that, there is ALOT to learn

OP are you me? There's no ranges past 100 yards within an hour of me here in FL. Don't do it, get a 1-6 scope for that AR at most and enjoy it.
It'll be a huge waste of money and time if you don't have anywhere to use or practice with it.