Worst gun for home defence

lets say you had to kill some one. and you had to brake into their home at midnight with a pistol. and they come out with a gun to confront you. what is the gun you are hoping they bring out so you can kill them?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/RAND_FirearmEvaluation.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WDvdjdzB_ro
buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866
thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/foghorn/ask-foghorn-22l-for-self-defense/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ZiP 22

Any pistol.

People can't shoot for shit

This is true. Any person with less than extensive training and a large amount of adrenaline will have trouble hitting a human size target outside of about 3 yards.

A flintlock so we can engage in an honorable duel of arms

>Break into someone's house to kill them.
>Hope they have a gun so you CAN kill them
You're actually retarded, aren't you?

It’s a good question, what gun would you want someone whose going to shoot you to have?
An empty one. (Just rack the slide, that’ll scare ‘em away)

An AR15. Not only will is jam but if it DOES work it's only a .22 lol.

Basicly this. If I want to fight a gun owner I hope it’s a fudd or a woman.

if it were a really nice gun you could switch it out for some pos .25 or .22 pistol you had laying around. one of the biggest injustices of reality is that you don't get to loot your legal kills.

I think most people who are even somewhat confident can hit someone at less than fucking 10 ft under stressful conditions. It's not like a person is a small target, especially at 9 ft. If you would have said something like 7 yards of even 5 I might agree but I'm not that proficient with my handgun yet but I am confident that even in the most stressful situation i can hit a man sized target at 9 ft

>Hit ratios were below 30 percent for gunfights (18 percent) and from long ranges (23 percent from more than seven yards away). However, in cases where suspects did not return fire, NYPD officers hit their targets 30 percent of the time. Accuracy levels were above 30 percent when the target was seven yards away or closer (37 percent).

nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/RAND_FirearmEvaluation.pdf

The question is shit. You could simply ask what gun would you want to face in a gunfight, but instead have concocted an idiotic scenario. Go fuck yourself faggot.

>NYPD officers hit their targets 30 percent of the time
NYPD officers also have shit training and have to carry guns with 12lb triggers lmao

The best gun for home defense is a ruger 10/22 because .22 lr bounces around in the body

This. They act like angry Hornets and just fuck everything up, stinging all the organs.

SwissMiniGun C1ST

memes aside a 10/22 and 30 round magazine is not the worst choice for home defense.

is there some brand of defense 22,
super reliable? I know i've seen 22hp before, but there's no way that expands

Attached: i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_10_22_SBR_01_zps88e67b7f.jpg (1024x614, 95K)

Honestly i'm not all that confident in ruger's bx-25

I dunno, probably not. I'd just use whatever feeds reliably.

Well I didn't say it was the best choice, just not the worst.

cci segmented hollow points fragment very reliably
youtube.com/watch?v=WDvdjdzB_ro

mix and match in your bx25 and you could get a large volume of wound channel and deep penetration

seething

Attached: how.png (500x460, 25K)

I'm trying to kill people that break in not mildly bother them thanks.

Kolibri

is the Mossberg Maverick 88 a decent shotgun? It's so cheap I feel like it should be shit but I have a buddy who has one, shoots it often and says he's never had any problems

Another honorable man amongst a sea of ruffians. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Shotguns are underrated. I own several bottom of the barrel, $100 Mossberg 500s. No trouble with any

sweet, I know what I'm getting with my next paycheck then

Attached: 1534453642673.gif (500x375, 953K)

single shot .22 short derringer. ideally loaded with a shotshell.

this is a silly thread.

he said 'memes aside'. .22lr is plenty lethal when it's a bunch of them at relatively close range against an unarmored target.

This
>homeowner blows own finger off clambering a round

Attached: Aladdindu.png (339x421, 170K)

terrible bait

And yet...

where do you think you are.

I hope they have a USP so the bullets come out backwards.

Attached: Fatalities-900x654.jpg (900x654, 65K)

what influences the lethality of a round?
while magnum rounds can dump more energy and disrupt more tissue, what makes the .22 more lethal?
did the shooter fire more .22s or are .22 shooters more accurate?

>NYPD officers

They go to the range about twice a year and have ten-pound triggers on their guns thanks to DeBlasio.

buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866
thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/foghorn/ask-foghorn-22l-for-self-defense/

>It's the mayor's fault that the cops are incompetent.
>Before this mayor, they were all totally competent.

t. bootlicker.

10mm not shown because it was off the charts

It's not bait I'm just shitposting.

It's obvious you've never even fired a gun.

QRD on this? Work internet blocks firearm blogs but not Jow Forums.

I heard this unironically about a month ago from a coworker

Jimenez .22lr

>30%
That’s not bad. That’s really not bad at all. 4-5 hits in a 15 round mag dump. Get you through most problems.

>defenCe
Fuck off britbong

If I had to use a 10/22 I’d put CCI Stingers in it, or Velociters. Pen isn’t great, but expansion is good and energy isn’t the absolute worst.

If I’m reading that right shotgun’s tend to win gunfights.

Yes, it literally isn’t on that chart. Probably from a relatively small number of citeable instances.

STFU you don't know what you're talking about.
.22 LR is the deadliest cartridge on the planet. If it hits anywhere on the body, it will ricochet off the insides of the blood vessels and eventually reach the brain. There it will proceed to turn into a miniature blender and turn your brain to mush.

This

Attached: A980FE6B-5504-49DB-AE5B-B623D34265F2.gif (260x196, 989K)

Do you new fags remember this?

Attached: 5EE00579-D55A-419C-AB34-B2060143CA6F.png (300x168, 38K)

>not the worst choice for home defense
True... But Rimfire dude.

Well if you shoot someone at a few yards with 12 gauge buckshot they are probably gonna die. Failure to stop rates are also very important.

Attached: failure to stop and succesful stop rates for handgun calibers.png (1416x1593, 2.19M)

Potmetal .25ACP is correct answer.

Anything with a long barrel

Attached: 2dfdd6e2f815fc7c00528e38c9c3be86.jpg (3811x490, 63K)

Bolt actions and pump shotguns for HD are for people who get found by crime scene investigators.

I second that. FBI stats can actually confirm that the majority of defensive kills by civilian are done with handguns. And for every 10 handgun kills (rough estimate), there was only one shotgun kill (probably one adversary and not multiple though).

And I can tell you from experience, shotgun dynamics is a lot different from CCW classes. Kind of like training a rifleman versus a guy with an LMG (heavier weapon, and more that could go wrong).

That's by number of defensive kills, which is inflated for handguns because they are carried everywhere and nobody gets mugged on the street while they're carrying a shotgun.

>not 360 no-scoping niggers with your .270 that try to rob you
Get a load of this fag

Attached: DD2EA782-A30A-40E5-8910-919883FE78CF.jpg (823x879, 155K)

.25 is lower failure rate than .32
>okay makes sense there's less .25 ACP guns so that must affect the statistic.
.22 is lower failure rate than .32
>wat

Foul beast! Thou use a barbaric firearm when rapiers are so gentlemanly!

t. my father

You are now aware that the NYPD forces their officers to carry pistols with triggers so heavy that it totally fucks their accuracy.

I can agree with that

>he doesn’t have a home defense trebuchet
Behold this queer