Supplying rebels in a foreign country

Let's say you're a large NGO with the goal of supporting moderate rebels against their tyrannical government. What kind of weapons should you send?

I don't have specialized knowledge here so I'll start the thread by documenting one of the USA's ideas from WW2, the FP-45 Liberator pistol. It was an inaccurate single-shot pistol justified only by the idea that you might be able to use it to shoot a soldier by surprise at close range then take a real gun from him. According to Wikipedia:
>General Dwight D. Eisenhower's staff never saw the practicality in mass dropping the Liberator over occupied Europe, and authorized distribution of fewer than 25,000 of the half million FP-45 pistols shipped to Great Britain for the French resistance. Generals Joseph Stilwell and Douglas MacArthur were similarly unenthusiastic about the other half of the pistols scheduled for shipment to the Pacific. The Army then turned 450,000 Liberators over to the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which preferred to supply Resistance fighters in both theatres with more effective weapons whenever possible.

Attached: Pistol_FP-45_01.jpg (1200x955, 521K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/resource-center/docs/p-5300-11-firearms-curios-or-relics-listpdf/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd send some five-five sixers and pineapples

MANPADS. Make their airspace unsafe. Then maybe some small explosives for IEDs.

Do you have building instructions for that pistol? Asking for a friend

Bibles.

Here's mine

Attached: received_621327518297416.jpg (1199x720, 75K)

You would do what the CIA is doing today. Sending weapons originating with your friends' enemies, like AKs and RPG7s.

That troll thread last week was not clever.

its not like an AK or a slam bang, you need a pressing jig for most of it.

High explosives and detonators, of course this will backfire horribly as the majority of the explosives will go to the black market

>What kind of weapons should you send?
Any modern assault rifle and gpmg that uses the most common ammo already in the country.

I did know what I got but I truely did inherit this stuff

It's alright I watched a video and it shows pretty much all there is to know about it. Could build a similar thing with regular tools and a steel-wood frame

Attached: Di-2018-0334.png (1200x785, 520K)

Polymer 80 glock is a better bet

does yours have rifling in it?

No

fancy that, a felony without the papers for it, and a cool million dorrahs with the papers

the repros were rifled

A bit expensive for a potentially disposable gun

>very expensive weapons that can both be traded on the Black market and that you don't want used against you or your allies
>very useful for fucking up a civilian airliner after it takes off, all you need is just one zealot (Hard to discover)
>let's just give them to random dudes we barely know

You have cheap AKs made in China + truckloads of ammo. And you just keep shoveling them.
Level 2 is RPG-7 clones. Again - fucktons of em'.

Originals are not felonies nor are they worth a million

smoothbore pistols are NFA violations, dipshit

The FP45 Liberator is NFA exempt

It’s an antique, right?

How would building instructions help you? Do you somehow own a stamping press but have no idea how to operate it?

A glock 80 lower is a fuck of a lot cheaper than the tooling needed to stamp out liberators.

Not a legal antique, no. But there are various exemptions from NFA laws for certain historical firearms. Another example is the older pistols which came with shoulder stocks (Lugers, C96 mausers, Hi-Powers, etc.) Normally those would be SBRs, but if you have an original pistol with its matching stock serial numbered to the gun that is exempt from NFA registration. Likewise, the big "elephant gun" rifles are exempt from being DDs even though they are larger than .50 caliber. there is quite a lengthy list of historical arms which have been granted exemption from NFA restrictions.

for minimal production, you're right. but if you intended mass production, a liberator is infinitely cheaper.
the cheapest possible insurgent semiauto would probably be a C9

The stock isn't serialized to the guns tardburger. Even repo stocks are NFA exempt.

Agreed. the liberator is certainly much cheaper to mass produce. But the dude I was replying to made it sound he just wanted to make one.

I have no idea if the law mandates original stocks or if repros are OK or not, but the original stocks certainly were serialized to the gun, at least on Mausers and Lugers. I don't know much about the Hi-Powers. That's something that collectors look for when buying those pieces--if the stock matches the pistol the value is higher than if the numbers don't match.

You keep trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

Sure. Here's an example.
Serial no on stock here.

Attached: D13458K__63203.1546999532.jpg (1280x578, 131K)

And here's the gun itself, numbers do not match in this example.

Attached: D13458H__69631.1546999525.jpg (1280x547, 129K)

And according to you that wouldn't be NFA exempt because they don't match.

I have no idea if the stock needs to be original or not. I already stated that back in My point is that the stocks ARE serialized, unlike what you claimed in

I handled one of these once. Far bigger than seems necessary. A pipe zip gun could have done the same job with a fraction of the materials and been much easier to hide.

Fire one, and then you'll agree that it is far smaller than seems necessary. .45 ACP out of that lightweight mofo is no joke.

No I didn't say the stock wasn't serialized, I said that they weren't matched to a particular gun. Not every Luger had a stock but all could take one.

Pro tip for you NoLugers, the pistol just needs to be a LP-08 and have an original or reproduction of an LP-08 stock.

Read Section III starting on page 34

atf.gov/resource-center/docs/p-5300-11-firearms-curios-or-relics-listpdf/download

>I said that they weren't matched to a particular gun
But they were. When the guns with stocks left the factory the stock was serialized to the gun, just like the magazines were.

Yes, it was true that the stocks often got mixed up after the fact (just like mags often did), but that doesn't change the fact that when they left the factory stocks were serialized to the gun.

>>Not every Luger had a stock but all could take one
also wrong. Many lugers did not have the stock lug. Pic related.

Attached: IMG_1738.jpg (1640x1080, 219K)

>Posts commercial variant

Thanks for the clarification. Always nice to see the info straight from the ATF.

>>Moves goalposts
Nobody said anything about limiting the conversation to mil issue

You don't have to stamp them, the important part is the action

Why would you supply rebels with commerical versions? How can they use their Lugers as carbines without them?

>Why would you supply rebels with commerical versions?
I had no idea we were talking about supplying rebels with mausers. It appears to me that our conversation has gone onto a totally different tangent.

I pointed out that older pistols with stocks such as lugers were NFA exempt just like how the Liberators were, then you started prattling on about how the stocks weren't serialized. I assumed we stopped talking about arming rebels that point and moved on to talking about lugers.

The entire point of the thread is suppling rebels. Who are you responding to anyway?

>The entire point of the thread is suppling rebels
Was. We got off on a luger tangent.

>>Who are you responding to anyway?
The fool claiming that luger stocks weren't serialized.

>You don't have to stamp them, the important part is the action
All the parts of the liberator were stamped, except the barrel. That makes sense because it really doesn't get any cheaper for mass production than stamping.

It sounds like you don't care about making an actual Liberator then, you just want to make something similar in concept. that's kewl.

Crate of Hi Points

Not me brah.

>you just want to make something similar in concept. that's kewl.
yes, it's for practical purpose not collecting

I'm sure there would be enough surplus M9s to drop them to some rebels.

Single shot rifles with ammo. Force in charge likely has semis and full autos so they gain nothing if cargo is intercepted. A general populace armed with rifles opens many cans of worms for occupying force

>Let's say you're a large NGO with the goal of supporting moderate rebels against their tyrannical government. What kind of weapons should you send?

As if Im gonna give the fucking jews some more ideas.
>jews use NGO's to flood europe with africans and muslims
>now the jews want to know how to army ISIS and Al Nusra with NGO's
I dont know. give them some more disposable ATGMs and a few billion more dollars mr silverberg.
worked last time.

Attached: jewish IDF ammo being given to Al Nusra aka al kayda.jpg (960x660, 142K)

Attached: b2ae6354aa4e10e8b329a5006fc53b8b.jpg (640x880, 242K)

Cobray Terminator copies, rechambered for 7.62x39. Also, instead of air dropping them, use a secret reconnaissance team to meet up with rebel connections and deliver the weapons there.

A good runner up would be an MP-3008, without a stock.