Surplus Mausers

I’m new here and trying to find decently priced Mausers that aren’t frankenguns. Any Help/suggestions?

Attached: C42ADD52-CBB6-4CCA-B98B-7012C1572D11.jpg (1068x423, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armescollection.org/armes-apres-1900-cat-c-déclaration/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, time travel back to 1950.

There aren't any reasonably priced surplus Mausers that aren't Bubba'd to hell, beaten to shit, or rusted away.

If you want to good shit you have to pay for it.

Lurk more you faggot.

The Czech/Turkish Vz.98/22 is the most underappreciated Mauser out there. Pre-WW2 Czech build quality, but their later use by Turkey has tainted them in the eyes of many collectors. Mine will reliably shoot under 2MOA with multiple varieties of surplus ammunition. It's a long and elegant rifle to boot.

Attached: Vz22_R4_F.jpg (1280x695, 1022K)

Don’t cry

Turk Mausers are still pretty cheap

I had one, was a nice rifle for sure. Ended up selling it for a mossy 500. Kinda wish I kept it, but no where local for cheap 8mm and ordering ammo is obnoxious.

Can't go wrong with a Swede

Depends on what you mean by decent priced. You can find the less desirable Mausers (Latin American, Turkish, Spanish, Yugo, ect) for about $400-500 fairly consistently (occasionally even lower). A batch of Swede Mausers was recently imported by Sarco (like 3 years ago but they are still a bunch in their show room) and they are also at that price point.

You are out of luck when it comes to surplus Mauser ammo. What does show up is often either very poor quality and/or overpriced (as in new production, non-corrosive is the same price). If you don't get one that was converted to 7.62 NATO, you will most likely have to get into reloading or only shoot the gun every once in a while.

How can a single person be so wrong? It's common to see Turks around $300. Cabelas carries 8mm all the damn time.

>Turks around $300
I see Turks around high $300s to low $400 around me, when they do show up (which is not often). I don't bother including online prices (since you can cite me $300 all day long until you look and see $60 shipping plus local transfer fees).
>Cabelas carries 8mm all the damn time
Available does not mean affordable. I don't see any 8mm online at Cabela's but comparable rounds are at around 80cpr. For most people that is not a standard weekly shooter prices.
I also never said anything about availability of modern ammo but surplus.

>How can a single person be so wrong?
I should be asking you this question.

What are good outlets for finding Turks? as much as i want a german mauser I realize I have to pay to play with those.

>good outlets for finding Turks
Really to find anything that is not currently being imported you have three locations you can go
>Gunbroker
>Local Gunstores' used racks
>Gunshows

I personally find the best prices (below "market") at small local fudd shops. They don't know what they have and you can get away with a really cheap gun and they are happy they have some shelf space. A similar thing can be found at "tactical" shops but they tend to have things listed at Gunbroker prices.
My best fudd shop buy was two years ago, it was Gew98 that had a duffle cut stock and K98 bolt for $200. Add in another $200 for replacement stock (lucked out at a gun show) and proper bolt body (Sarco) and I have a fully functional gun.

Check your LGS. mine has a turk for $250 and two matching yugos for $300. Spanish mausers sit at that price, and swedes for a hundred or two more.

Attached: 20190113_144541-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 1.57M)

>two matching yugos for $300
Where? I need to complete my yugo trifecta.

Southern New Mexico. One is a 24/47 and the other is an M48. I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold by now though, haven't been in a few weeks. They don't have a website.

>I need to complete my yugo trifecta.
Not him but if you are anywhere near Easton PA, I recommend checking out Sarco. Years ago when I firdt started collecting, they had shelves upon shelves of Yugo Mausers. I haven't been in there since December but there were a few the last time I looked.

>80cpr
>Unaffordable
That's perfectly affordable, if on the higher end of weekly prices. Not everything is your 8cpr .22 plinker.

Gun shows are filthy with turk mausers, also Spanish and yugos. Yugos go for around $400, but turks are generally $270-350, same for Spanish.

You've already moved one goalpost from 400-500 down to 300-400. What's next, only 98Ks count as mausers?

>Gun shows are filthy with turk mausers, also Spanish and yugos
Where are you? Seriously, I need to know. The only Mausers that show up commonly in gun shows by me tend to be overpriced K98s. That could also be why my prices are higher than what you say.

At 80cpr, while one is not at quite richfag prices, it is still high for poorfags (which I did assume that OP is since he stated he didn't want to jump at K98 prices).
Also If I round up 375 to 400 instead of 300, bite me. I still place my general low end Mauser prices at 400-500. At 500 you start running into low end Russian capture K98s though.
As for true Mausers, that is a deep rabbit hole that would most likely need to be its own thread. Shorten version, anything that either a Mauser brother or the Mauser company could be considered a Mauser. The big iffy for me is the M24 actions, since they are definitely just improved designs but including them opens up the box to include anything that uses a Mauser inspiration for their designs.

Not him, but my local bi annual gun show usually has a few racks of mismatched SA mausers for ~250, and the occasional matching one that's not priced retarded. And SGammo has PPU 8mm mauser for 65 CPR.

Attached: 20180830_155721-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 615K)

Man, where are you? I have to hunt like mad to find shit like that at around $400 at my local shows (East Central PA for reference).

I'm this guy Surp prices are odd here, it's a smallish town with a small collecting community, so a lot of surp is still viewed as old junk, so there's lots of bubba'd stuff. It's very difficult to find anything that isn't at least sanded and refinished, and the few people that actually know what they have want top dollar.

Do mausers typically not come with bayonet? That's what I'm seeing so far.

No. Be prepared to buy your own, ebay is a good source. Same is true for all surps.

So they aren't numbered? I'm part of the SKS master race, so I didn't have to buy one separately.

Many are numbered, but finding a numbers matching bayonet is really a rarity and not the norm.

>So they aren't numbered?
Depends on the nation issuing them, and also the time period. For instance, the Mausers made for Brazil, Chile, and Argentina by German companies had bayonets serialed to the rifle, which shipped in the same crate. However the Mausers made for the German Empire's constituent states' armies (Prussian, Bavarian, Wurttemberger and Saxon) did not come with bayonets, because a soldier would be issued a different bayonet based on his role.

Attached: IMG_5717.jpg (1600x1200, 1.41M)

As a french dude, what's the best place to look for any kid of mauser ?

Attached: 1.jpg (880x586, 88K)

with a metal detector

I bought 2 of mine on naturabuy and 1 from armescollection.org/armes-apres-1900-cat-c-déclaration/

Attached: guns.jpg (4608x3456, 3.1M)

JGsales has yugo M48 mausers for $350

I see that monster can user

different user but I usually see those prices at the Indy 1500

Turkish mausers go for ~$150-300

>ordering is obnoxious
Seriously nigger? Online prices are the best