The year is 2019

>the year is 2019
>we are still driving shitty gas vehicles
>we are still using gay as fuck modern tech
>no more floppy disks, hard drives, fuck huge tv, xbox huge computers
>everything is dull and boring
>everything is made out of polymer plastic
>there are no future 80s style architecture of anything
>there are no sweet looking industrial metal style vehicles or dystopian style guns
>music is not vaporwave or even coherent anymore
>no more static effect videos and all ads are stupid and boring as fuck
>moon has not been colonized
>cities are dark as hell at nights
>only neon colors we can see are on the mentally derange people's head
>anime is no longer made in actual hand drawn style
>everything is boring cgi
>all ads spoiles the film aix months ahead before it even comes out
>no miami 80s style of clothings or cassette tapes in mass productions anymore
>everything is too linear
>mfw we are not in a cyberpunk style of the future that our 70s and 80s films have us to believe
>mfw our 90s music is not even taken into favor anymore
>mfw all guns are plastic and everything is on a screen and everything is plastic
>mfw rover opportunity died alone on mars not ever have to witness the decay of our world

I want to go back to the good old days Jow Forums...

Attached: 1548131124510m.jpg (949x1024, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

antidem.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/the-future/
youtube.com/watch?v=y48ZwmVF-2M
youtube.com/watch?v=zVq7WoflC6k
youtube.com/watch?v=OAOrT0OcHh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The years will always change and the eras will be different but you will always be the same faggot as you are op.

Jesus Christ that is one sick burn

I know that feel, bro. I wrote about it in this LITERAL BLOG POST a couple years ago:
antidem.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/the-future/

>MFW we don't have these as standard issue console controls for video games
>MFW I'm a xbox

Attached: 1549907684017m.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

i wish our future was close to this pic related or at least in terms of colonizing the moon and making a bigger interstellar space station at least.

Attached: 220px-Elite_The_Dark_Wheel_Novella.jpg (220x317, 26K)

I remeber how much of a pain in the ass it was to park in that game and how the docking computer made everything easier. Surprise to say that I'm somehow a pro without it in the newer elite game series than i was back in the late 80s.

Am i the only one that wish to see a control system like that to be remade again? I like to see one be remade with the touch screens on both sides and have a large screen shaped in a canopy style and have a seat that has motion sensor systems so that way when you play elite dangerous you would feel as if you are literally in the game without the gay VR system.

Attached: og_image.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

I guess this is the nostalgia thread

Attached: 1532297618565.jpg (465x407, 38K)

I remember seeing that shit as a kid. Could never afford it. Wish there was a modern sequel now with the same kind of controller. Instead I just have to cry myself to sleep on expensive flight controllers

How is an FDL getting dad'd on by a cobra mkIII? That's what i want to know

Attached: 20160319174519_1.jpg (1360x768, 137K)

>mfw all “futuristic” gun designs were made in the mid 80s to late 90s

Attached: E71A2FDA-E9BC-4F65-99B3-8E3418C152CB.png (633x758, 700K)

You know it!

Attached: Bubble Gum Crisis - B-Club Special - 033.jpg (2400x3459, 3.45M)

The Fer De Lance Virgin VS The Cobra MKII Chad

Because the Cobra is an old school ship just like the Krait and they have more experience in their service than some modern new fer de lance ship

Attached: Elite_org_cover.jpg (220x274, 13K)

I once laser beamed a FDL down pretty fast in my Krait mark ii ship since it is my favorite ship on the first elite game.

>I want to go back to the good old days Jow Forums...
So do I user, kills me everyday...

May I ask how old you are? 33 here.

24 but was raised in a home where i played on a console like the nintendo64 and xbox and the only vomputer we ever had was an old windows98 and we only had vhs tapes that filled up the entire ckoset since we could never afford dvd ourselves but i do remember enjoying the old films and my father showing me how to torrent and download old movies from online before he had to go into trucking job career to help us stay under the rooftop. I know I'm not exactly an oldfag but i remember that i enjoyed the older times and do not enjoy this "future" we are in right now.

Krait's got large weapon slots tho any FDL that's spent enough time engineering should have shields for days unless someone got some cheeky resonance cascade hits on it

>Bubblegum Crisis
>not posting it's LEGENDARY soundtrack by Priss and the Replicants
Konya wa Hurricane:
youtube.com/watch?v=y48ZwmVF-2M

Mad Machine:
youtube.com/watch?v=zVq7WoflC6k

Enjoy.

Attached: bubblegum-crisis-banner-1024x341.jpg (1024x341, 58K)

That's a good thing i enginerred all five of my laser beams then

>enginerred five laser beams
>enginerred the power plant
>enginerred the sensors
>enginerred the pip system
>enginerred both my armor and shields

I fucking love my Krait and can literal just beem down any enemies in spaaaaaaaaaaaace

ANTIDEM IS STILL A JEW

I blame fucking glock for the sudden end to new future ideas on guns

I see what you mean...Yeah what can I say? We must get through this and, somehow, rebuild everything afterwards. Rebuild optimism, rebuild our own phantasy and vision etc.

>antidem.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/the-future/
Reading this and boy does it hit close to home...

On a related note, what I found interesting though is the Synthwave phenomenon. I've been listening to Synthwave since 2011 or 2012 back when it was still pretty much an unknown fringe genre (still is but it's much much more popular and well known compared to then). The vast majority of Synthwave afficionados are people of my generation and that isn't a coincidence. Nor is it a coincidence that it has become the quasi official music genre of the far right. It all comes together in a sense. People who grew up with the glory that were the 80s and 90s, who were promised a certain future and ultimately got robbed of it and now want it back.

This is not gonna sound related to Jow Forums but are laser continues beams the ultimate way to go about in elite dangerous abd is it worth it to have all of them gimballed and engineered to max? Only thing i see a plus in them is that they don't require ammo which is a big plus but are laser beams valuable as opposed to kinetic and pulse lasers?

You can get an electric car if you want, they are even more shitty though.

If you expect to be away from stations for a long time and don't want to use your srv to grab mats to manufacture more ammo then just lasers should be fine. The downside is they eat up a lot of power and aren't that great against hull. If you're pvping and go up against someone with who knows what they're doing you'll be at a disadvantage.

But wouldn't fully engineered power plants, power pip and laser beams make it more effective?

Engineered kinetics will overtake engineered lasers in hull damage by a mile. Plus with all lasers you'll pretty much have to keep 3-4 pips in weapons the entire time.

I hate how people use nostalgia to sadden instead of motivating them.
Biodiesel and electric are here.
>we are still using gay as fuck modern tech
Define modern.
>no more floppy disks, hard drives, fuck huge tv, xbox huge computers
Did you grow up with any of this shit? Because it was a pain in the ass. SSD's and slim tech are much more manageable.
>everything is dull and boring
Only boring people say this.
>everything is made out of polymer plastic
WRONG
>there are no future 80s style architecture of anything
Future 80's style in Miami Vice was actually Art Deco which has been here since the 30's.
>there are no sweet looking industrial metal style vehicles or dystopian style guns
Are you fucking serious? Ariel Atom? Chiappa Rhino? Beretta PX4? Modded out Honda Ruckus?
>music is not vaporwave or even coherent anymore
You must be joking, faggot. That's literally one of the biggest genres right now. Even pop music has been influenced by it in some ways.
>no more static effect videos and all ads are stupid and boring as fuck
This one I can agree with. Zoomers who get into marketing in 10 yrs will fix this.
>moon has not been colonized
Soon. Read up on the news.
>cities are dark as hell at nights
Bullshit. Go to Hong Kong, Tokyo, or L.A.
>only neon colors we can see are on the mentally derange people's head
wut.jpg
>anime is no longer made in actual hand drawn style
Blame /a/ and /jp/ for their obsession with moeshit.
>everything is boring cgi
Again, no.
>all ads spoiles the film aix months ahead before it even comes out
Then don't watch it.
>no miami 80s style of clothings or cassette tapes in mass productions anymore
>everything is too linear
>mfw we are not in a cyberpunk style films have us to believe
Artificial intelligence and the internet is not futuristic enough for you?
>everything is plastic
Plastic is as futuristic as it gets. A material that doesn't decompose and lasts forever.
Fucking zoomers and their sadposting.

Attached: neoncyberpunk.png (960x1200, 1.67M)

im 31 and i dont wanna get back to th year 2000, i got fast internet that delivers me anything i want at the tips of my fingers, from computer games within minutes to sextoys within 4 days from the other side of the globe via a developed chain of logistics. i can listen to streaming podcasts or any kind of narrowcasted entertainment while i work making my work much more enjoyable. solve tons of problems by searching the web or YT for a solution, and learning tons of stuff online either for free or a small sum. dont have to spend fuctons of money by going out when i can meet a girl that already answers some of my main criteria. and im able to write you this reply from the crabper so eve pooping is entertaining now.

what you need to do is leearn a bit of history or talk to your folks to realize you are living in a blessed timn of relative peace and amazing comfort you almost feel life is too easy.
go find meaning dude, life in many ways the same it was 2000 years ago, you still livee a finite amount of years and ask yourself the same questions the greeks asked themselves millenia ago.

con't from above
what your problem is that you're born under the asymptotic into such a life of comfort you have no idea of how horrible life was right before you were born.

My mom lived in a wooden building until 1975 with an outdoor crapper and no plumbing and now we can drive for 3 sec to sit and eat whatever food we want for almost no price at a nice restaurant with air conditioning and then go back home with our bellies full.

youtube.com/watch?v=OAOrT0OcHh0

Challenge yourself, since just surviving isn't much of a challenge for you - YOU now have the abiltiy the develop yourself in ways previously unimagined or only available to very few individuals.

tens of millions have died and fought for the world we have today just a few decades ago. use this opportunity to live life to the fullest, life might not always be this amazing.

Attached: 149.jpg (1000x698, 217K)

But lasers don't require ammo though...

Unless you're fighting for a really long time it doesn't matter. Top it off with the fact that you can make your own ammo now with minerals and metals you pick up on planets/asteroids you can rearm in the middle of a fight if it's that crazy.

How do you do that?

> the year is 2000 BCE
> We are still walking and riding horses
> no more hunting and gathering, food is guaranteed with agriculture
> everything is dull and boring
> everything is made of this new thing called metal instead of stone and wood

I want to go back to the good old days, k

IDF jets have the most bitching paint schemes

Look up synthesis on google there's a big ol wiki page detailing it

>>music is not vaporwave or even coherent anymore
Stop. Please.

No, let's suffer together...

Attached: 1547588690988.jpg (640x480, 161K)

>food is guaranteed with agriculture

>what is a famine

Obviously it's not 100% guaranteed, but compared to hunting and gathering agriculture is exponentially more reliable and sustainable

>polymer guns
>not futuristic
No wonder you dont have a gf OP

>a boring generic brick aka glock
>futuristic

KeltTec has more innovative ideas and motivations on coming up unique designs than glock could ever dream of having.

M8 you're just an annoying hipster that knows jack shit about engineering or machines in general. You only think it's "generic" because it's successful and popular and that makes your soiboy brain recoil cause successful popular things remind you of Chad fucking that girl you thought you had a chance with. that doesn't mean it isn't a technologically advanced design. Stfu brainlet

but it's so gay and boring

Kek

At least it has style unlike the soulless brick of a glock. A fucking xbox console has more uniqueness and style than a fucking glock but keep on using buzzwords though since that makes you feel better about your boring brand of a gun called glock.

Stupid liberal