Dissapator upper

Does anyone here have any experience with dissapators? I'm going to be building one shortly, but I'd like to know the pros and cons between a true dissapator with a rifle length gas system and a faux dissapator with a mid length gas system. I'm mainly concerned about the rifle length gas being undergassed for the lighter loads of 556 and 223, and since im a poorfag who has to practice with cheap shit ammo, I'd like to get my rifle right the first time.

Attached: chewy1004.jpg (300x225, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tntesales.com/16-dissipator-c7-a1-upper-gov-profile-1x9-twist-chrome-lined/
shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/kit-ba16hbd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its pretty rare to find a true dissapator think the only company still selling em is delton. the only ones who made them in mass was bushmaster and delton. deltons work.
most likely you are going to end up with a faux one which is fine too.

tntesales.com/16-dissipator-c7-a1-upper-gov-profile-1x9-twist-chrome-lined/

oh and if you have a choice avoid psa mock dissys. what they do is stick a fsb on a normal middy barrel. this is wrong because the barrel profile under the fsb is the wrong size your going to have a gap between the barrel and fsb. if psa does everything right its doesnt matter but psa manages canted sights on normal uppers. the gap introduces more possible errors. my personal upper was badly canted and had to be swapped. the replacement was still minorly canted but it zeroed and well fuck sending it back again.
the whole point of dissy is iron sights you dont want canted irons.

Psa has a dissapator upper that goes on sale from time to time, you can sign up for an email when they are in stock.
If memory serves they are 250 ish without bcg and ch.
It's a cheap ass way to do it, granted theirs is a mock with a midlength gas tube.

Not OP, but I’ve aanted to do a dissipate build with a true dissy. I think del ton uses a larger gas port to ensure reliability, but fuck I wish I could get one that wasn’t a heavy barrel

This guy is right, so take what he says into account
I'm

Windham Weaponry (OG Bushmaster) still sells a Dissapator. I've bought parts from and they're pretty good quality. Customer service is good too.

Those have carbine length gas, I've been doing my research.

Op here, I'm planning on building it entirely on my own. I'm really only concerned with the gas system length affecting the rifles reliability.

Windhams are mock
shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/kit-ba16hbd/

Oh thanks for the clarification. You still get the aesthetic without the reliability issues though.

yeah i think mine was 220+ shipping. for that price cant is kinda expected. still if you could avoid it all together its better.

And windhams are carbine length too. If I was going to do a mock, I’d at least make sure it’s mid length

Exactly why I'm building mine. All the faux ones on the market are carbine, and all the prebuilt ones are kinda shitty from what I've found. I'm not after it for the aesthetics, I want the real deal.

The faux dissy is just a 16in middy with a fsb clamped on the barrel.

A true dissy needs to have the gas port opened up. End of discussion. If i were gonna build my own, i would send it to a reputable smith familar with this type of work like john at retro works.

Honestly, if you were strictly gonna shoot 55gr-62gr for cheap and fun plinking, i would get the brownells 605 upper.

thats pretty much delton then unless you plan to buy a 20 and cut it down. dont buy a 20 and cut it down. people doing that is why dissapators gained a bad reputation. the factory ones were fine.

I think voodoo innovations has a pencil profile dissy

Jesus Christ you retards, it's spelled dissipator.

I knew that.. sh-shut up..

Theres no real reason to make a true dissapator AR other than the challenge desu. It is inherently unreliable due to being a jerry rigged carbine. If you plan on making one you have to be ready for it not to work and putting time and effort into fixing it for fun.

No shit, people who did that have 0 fucking idea how ARs work. It is possible to build a reliable one if you know what you're doing though.