I want a large bore, single shot, break action rifle that I can shoot meme ammo I will make myself out of...

I want a large bore, single shot, break action rifle that I can shoot meme ammo I will make myself out of. Where do I start?

Attached: Henry-Arms-Single-Shot-Shotgun-Break-Action.jpg (1000x619, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/795267815
gunadapters.com/
henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/
youtube.com/watch?v=WnpOis10NyQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_No._1#Available_cartridges
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you me? I was about to make this same thread. I was trying to decide whether to buy that exact same gun in 308 or 45-70.

>Where do I start?
You can try looking for a used H&R Handi Rifle on Armslist, but since they're out of production and people love them, they won't be easy to find.

I literally don't know anything about this type of firearm or even what brands to look for. I just googled "break action rifle" for that pic. Any recs?

/thread

H&R Handi-Rifle in .45-70 or .500 S&W. Bought my .45-70 chambered one for $180 brand new.

"H&R Handi Rifle"

Build a rolling block. The action can be hand made wide a file and some steel at the local hardware shop. Thread on a barrel blank and you have $100 rifle in whatever caliber you want.

gunbroker.com/item/795267815

Yes but considering it was just said they are hard to find are there any reasonable alternatives?

I just found 10+ websites that sell them by typing in "single shot break action rifles"

Any of that or a 12 gauge single shot from Turkey and you can drop a chamber adapter in it.

gunadapters.com/

You could look at the baikal izh18, the Rossi single shot, the Henry, or some of the older rifles like the Savage model 219

Can't figure out why someone would buy a single shot over a Mag fed bolt actions. Remington 710s were equally lame and cost similar amounts of money in there time lol.

Retains casing, only need one shot, lighter, much less complicated. Could probably put it in a closet for decades and it'll still function fine when you take it out.

Have you ever considered a Thompson Contender?

Probably only really low iq people couldn't make that happen between platforms lol. That being said. When those 2 were being sold around 05-07 etc. Low iq users were the norm. So in fairness I guess it depends. I'm looking in the rear view mirror now.

>gunadapters.com/
I need a 12 gauge to 45-70
i already have a 12 gauge to 45 Long Colt
and i've thought about taking a 45-70 chamber reamer to it, but it seems not all "45" are the same and i'm not brave enough to try it

Why is it people can't fathom the idea of, gasp, shooting being a hobby and people wanting things that are fun for them, but impractical or unreliable?

Shooting is also a hobby. People are, infact, allowed to do stupid shit like buy a break-action in a massive fuck off caliber size and buy Mossberg Shockwaves.

how are you goin to make ammo out of yourself?

cume in the shells

The Serbu RN-50 sounds right up your alley

Attached: 49C2F35B-6A01-4F0A-B6BF-6B575C29442D.jpg (900x600, 110K)

Why does this picture make it look like the size of a Kolibri?

are those even for sale? henry single shots are out of production afaik, they had a very very short run.

this tbhwy.

This one is the short barrel version, it’s pretty much a pistol

> I want a large bore, single shot, break action rifle that I can shoot meme ammo I will make myself out of. Where do I start?

You'll have better luck looking for double barrel than single barrel.

A bunch of British companies still make double barrel break action hunting rifles all the way up to .577 Tyrannosaur.

You see, the thing is, you don't use a single shot gun on something that you need a fucking .577 to bring down in the first place.

buy a Rolling block. All the new single shots are cheap crap. except maybe the ruger no 1

>You'll have better luck looking for double barrel than single barrel.
Where? Not in the US, certainly.

45-70 is several times more pressure than you could possibly put in a 12 gauge adapter.

T/C Encore

Most of the manufacturers for that kind of stuff are English and fucking expensive. Purdey, Holland & Holland, Rigby, etc.

Whereas in America, big game hunters tend to make the jump straight from .30-06 to .50 BMG, because fuck bringing down an elephant when you can instead bring down the elephant while it's hiding behind a brick wall... and then set it on fire.

Attached: 1N6dHAf.jpg (444x210, 21K)

>action can be hand made wide a file and some steel at the local hardware shop

I have my doubts it's anywhere near that easy.

>Thread on a barrel blank and you have $100 rifle

That'd involve a lathe, which many don't have and I don't see any machine shop charging less than $100 to do, if they'd do gun work. So it's not anywhere close to a $100 rifle.

Samefag

whats a good falling block rifle for cheap?

>H&H
He's looking to buy a rifle, not a $30,000 piece of art.

The Henry is good though.

henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

If you want .700 nitro they're the only game in town.

Attached: 2twk3z.jpg (888x499, 80K)

the "adapter" i have is 18"
it's pretty much a barrel on is own

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (892x1600, 93K)

also there are "adapters" that go up to .308 which is almost twice the chamber pressure of 45-70

Seems like .308 might offer a wider variety of commercial meme ammo but 45-70 would give more options for handloading meme loads.

youtube.com/watch?v=WnpOis10NyQ here you go

Attached: double barreld snotgun.jpg (745x602, 68K)

Don't these things have a track record of exploding catastrophically?

Right, so the chamber and barrel themselves aren't a concern but doesn't this kind of pressure increase result in increased wear to the actual hinge and lock of the shotgun?

What's to stop me from making a 20mm single shot break open rifle or pistol.

You would need to get a DD stamp, but it's not impossible. You'd probably be much easier off making a 2 Gauge "shotgun" capable of firing handloaded slugs.

Ahh, my mistake. I was imagining it worked like a lot of 22 subcaliber conversions where it's just a chamber and a few inches of barrel.
Pretty cool.

i see your point
but wouldn't the loading matter the most?
if i'm only shooting cowboy loads or black powder only

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_No._1#Available_cartridges
something like this

have literally never heard that.

Yeah, Cowboy loads and frequent inspections would be the order of the day, anything replicating the lower peak pressure of a black powder load.

I seem to remember a few pictures floating around, of course it's always hard to tell if it's an issue with the gun or more likely the ammo itself. Anyways, a quick google/duckduckgo search didn't produce any of the pics I remember seeing so maybe it's fake and gay, much like my concerns.

Rossie makes the exact thing you're looking for.

Don't most cool things?

The one you posted is a Henry break action, they're great, come in tons of calibers, are pretty new and run around 450-500 i think

In another thread here someone mentioned an American made double rifle in 45-70 that was right in the $800 range and I'm kicking myself for not remembering who made it. I love double rifles but the sad fact is even if I had $20k+ to blow on a gun I'd be balls deep in machine guns.

Shit, it's actually the Baikal 45-70, so not American made but still available in America. Pedersolli Kodiak's are also really nice for the price, but at $5k for a rifle I don't really need (I'm not a big game hunter) it's hard to justify over say, a Ruger No. 1.

45-70 rossie single shot.

Henry brought back the single shots. They are in production and making new calibers.

>shoot meme ammo
choice of webs and lazors?

You're thinking of the old Vulcan single shot 50. That had a nasty habit of out of battery detonation and sending the bolt into the shooter's neck.

Basically every Vulcan/Hesse Arms firearm was a bomb waiting to detonate, wasn't it?

Sharps rifle

How are those buffalo classic 45-70 single shot rifles? They have fuck long barrels and remind me of sharps rifles except they are acrually reasonablly priced.

>$1200 .50BMG
Anywhere I can shoot that in Central Florida aside from Wyoming Antelope Club?

CVA in 450 Bushmaster.