Thinking of joining the ADF, never fired a gun before and I'm currently just being a wage slave...

Thinking of joining the ADF, never fired a gun before and I'm currently just being a wage slave, can any ausfags give me the rundown?

Attached: 1547088949442.png (655x815, 820K)

are you cute

no way fag

>can any ausfags give me the rundown?

Don't join in peace time, you won't be shooting anything except loads in the toilet. I did 4 years as a rifleman and never deployed, biggest regret of my life and walked out with bad knees (damaged cartilage).

If all you want to do is shoot guns, then get a gun license which is very easy.

OI M8 FOCK YE KANG'ER'OO

Shooting isn't particularly all I want to do, more join for the experience and lifestyle, i dunno though the educational videos they have on youtube seem a bit too glamorous to be true

Your best bet is to be stationed, but uh don't count on it

>more join for the experience and lifestyle

Experience? basically how to tie up a tarp when it rains, or run through mud, tie your shoelaces, pack your ruck, how to iron clothes, how to read maps etc.. all mundane shit at kapooka? Gets old after the first 2 weeks. AIT was good (as i was infantry), but otherwise the lifestyle wasn't any different than living in a shared house / hostel if that makes sense.

Joining at this time in peace, they are also very selective and are more stringent on live ammunition and so forth.

Join reserves, tax free, time spent doing army shit is up to you. Tbh it gets tiring after a few years. Picking your own time is nice. You won't do as much sexy shit but mum will be proud all the same.

>mum will be proud all the same.

Mum will be proud as long as her son has a damn job, and is enjoying life. Army life is shit as fuck and gets OLD quick, especially when you hang around constant fucking retards who are full blown racist dogs.

If you think people are racist / bogan in civvie life, wait until you join. I thought i was racist... i was wrong.

Been seeing ads for the rifleman reserve and was thinking about it, I live in wagga so it wouldn't be too shit to go to kapooka and it'd do me better than my current job which is just wage slaving at coles but I don't want to go in there and then there's something I didn't know about and either make my life hell or have to drop out or whatever

FYW buddy, rifleman is always saturated and constantly filled. Peace time, they are more selective as i mentioned 2 times. You better have passed year 12, and have good grades / score well on the entrance exam. When i signed up 4 so years ago, i joined up with a diploma, and almost every other bloke i was with had good educational results / certifications.

The days of being a shit cunt in school are over, also one more thing at the You session you will have to fill out paperwork and list all your jobs, your weakness, strengths,. what you gained etc.. They are big on people with lots of life experiences and various jobs.

Attached: 1520905299122.jpg (605x770, 63K)

If you're doing Infantry, i hope you hate sleep

You can drop out of reserves at any time. It's really pretty relaxed. I've been with two units over 6 years. I'd recommend it especially if you can get a government civilian job. Lots of paid army leave. You can apply for full-time army pretty easy from reserves too. I've seen heaps of blokes do the chocco try before you buy.

>You better have passed year 12, and have good grades / score well on the entrance exam
well fuck, one of the appealing things was i thought they were going to mold me into being an upstanding adult

Attached: 1507938983401.jpg (497x611, 109K)

I've always thought of army like a big school excursion. If you just do what you're told you don't have to think much. Not great for molding an outstanding adult. But as they say, ' experience may vary'.

hA
AH HA
AHHAHAHAHAHA

No.

If i remember correctly, it used to be year 7 or 9 passes needed for entry, then they upped it to a minimum of year 10 English and math with passes in both. At times like these, where they don't get on recruiting they are more strict especially for roles like infantry which almost every single Australian applies for. I remember when i was at the recruiting station up in the CBD near Victoria street, all the blokes with me had diplomas in engineering etc.. and had lots of job experiences. I had a diploma and also about 4 years of security / bouncing, where i was armed and unarmed so i was greeted with open arms because of my maturity of working with firearms.

As for "mold", depends how old you are. I believe over the age of 24 there's no molding to be done, you are stuck in your ways. One of my old professors told me at 25 you wont learn as much, or retain information as when you were younger.

It was a good experience, but i wouldn't do it again.. at least not infantry. I have nothing to my name except a diploma in chemical engineering with ZERO experience.

Attached: arnold-schwarzenegger-predator-720x720.jpg (720x480, 49K)

Well I'm 20 and have no real experience so where do I fit and what do i do and what should i do

sounds based

That's the problem.. what do you want to do? I was in the same situation and decided to sign up and waste 4 years and throw away my diploma like a moron, because it sounded easy, easy money, and i had job security while doing absolute fuck all wherever i would have been stationed.. basically i was a lazy cunt and wanted a job handed to me.

Being in my late 20's, if i can give any advice. I say work on yourself, work on a career, go back to school, work on getting a jew job and don't throw away years which you cannot afford. Work on yourself before anyone else, and if possible. Apply to government jobs for the security and pay that's outside of the ADF (PSO, Police are good respectable jobs), work for the council, do construction work and make a career out of it and apply for the mines etc..

>joining a force that can't even stop Emus
But why? If you wanna serve, serve under the frogs foriegn legion.

Thats also a problem because I don't know what I want to do and I thought going to the army would be a good call and you're basically saying what I'm thinking, easy money while doing nothing

Find something you like to do and do it. Learn about it and expand your training and knowledge.
Learn to weld, learn to butcher, learn electrical. Joining the military is like going to college.

Yes, but i'm also trying to explain what happens after the army. You will be a lot more fucked than you are now. You are 20, mate. You are prime age to learn trade, or go for an apprenticeship since you aren't too old yet. Become a plumber and make $2000 a week, become an electrician sparky, fitter etc..

Don't fall into my footsteps, a diploma, security experience, and now shit posting on Jow Forums.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

going to tafe to get a trade was also an idea, thanks mate i'll think more about it, gonna go to bed now so have a good one

God bless.

>I live in wagga so it wouldn't be too shit to go to kapooka

tf you live, narnia?