Apart from being more expensive than a M-16 what else prevented pic-related from becoming the SF main assault rifle...

Apart from being more expensive than a M-16 what else prevented pic-related from becoming the SF main assault rifle? Also what's the best Assault or Battle Rifle designed for Special Forces in Jow Forums's opinion?

Attached: Cutie.jpg (1200x800, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5CCp5g4Zki8
youtube.com/watch?v=5CCp5g4Zki8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't it cheaper to manufacture than the M4A1?

Malfunctions, lots of guys have said theyre not as great as everybody claims. And its not about being better its about being so much better its worth the logistical nightmare of replacing the ubiquitous small arm of the last 50 years.

I dont want to make a baseless claim
youtu.be/5CCp5g4Zki8

>seals
might as well make a video of ''why conscripts hate x'' and have more credibility

Yes, it is.

>I dont want to make a baseless claim
>proceeds to make a baseless claim

Citing thoroughly debunked clickbait videos as the basis for your argument reveals how little you (or anyone) actually have to contribute towards a factual conversation.

Aww did you pay 3k for a shit rifle, defend your purchase elsewhere.

>shit rifle

And you reached this derogatory opinion of the rifle how? A youtube video? Videogames? Actual hands-on experience? Please indulge me.

Hands on, its objectively meh in every way. But you keep defending it tripfag. This will be our last interaction.

>Hands on, its objectively meh in every way

Please go on. I can't wait to hear about your time holding it once at the gun store counter and then having to hand it back because your bank account is single digits.

i really wonders what is your bank account, care to share ?

Attached: scar.jpg (480x640, 32K)

No, but I'll be the first to tell you I'm poorfag af. Difference being I prefer to judge based on the merits of a product rather than my ability to afford it. Some people ITT are incapable of drawing that distinction.

I love this

It's yet another Squid defends the SCAR episode.

Attached: 1280px-GIGN22_Domenjod_140618.jpg (1280x716, 300K)

Aren't y'all tired of re-runs yet?

Bren 2 is better.

Attached: 1513122044313.png (200x152, 19K)

>this gun that hasn't even been released yet is already better

Hmmm where else have I heard that before? Anyways, it's quite ironic how many of the features that get lambasted on the SCAR (like the ugg boot for instance) end up being replicated even more closely on the second go around for CZ. It's so nice of FN to let them copy their homework.

Heh. Took me a second to process what I was seeing.
Nice one, user!

Kek

dear anons, please stop encouraging this squid faggot

Poorfags gonna poor.

>objectively
You don’t know what that word means

For the financially distressed, maybe. Jury’s still out on actual performance

now THATS a stock

Attached: 1549985433265.jpg (480x220, 27K)

It offered nothing that made the costs of adoption and the shifting of logistics worthwhile. At the end of the day, it's a reliable, ergonomic carbine that slings 5.56 at rag-wearing brown people. Unfortunately we already have one of those. It's called the AR.

have fun shooting suppressed full auto on an M4. The real problem was that SOCOM gets M4A1s for FREE, but had to pay for the SCAR in a budget restricted environment.

>shooting suppressed full auto
Almost never done, so whatevs.

It's unreliable and full of little problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=5CCp5g4Zki8

>Almost never done, so whatevs.

Unless you're SOCOM, you know, the people who asked for the SCAR to begin with.

>Unless you're SOCOM
Nah.

>have fun shooting suppressed full auto on an M4.
Obtain gas buster CH, 90% of the problem goes away

Is there any data about it's reliability, or are we just going on anecdotes from questionable sources like we always do?

>Obtain gas buster CH, 90% of the problem goes away
ask me how I know you don't shoot suppressed and you have never don't shoot full auto M4.
Fucking no guns...

I shot those plenty in my department but okay, you're welcome to show me your suppressed FA.

>or are we just going on anecdotes from questionable sources like we always do?
the only stats is the SCAR program's stoppage rate data. Well...the only PUBLIC statistics.
Let me put it this way. SCAR won the contract for a reason. M4A1 was made to alleviate some of the problems of the M4 that triggered SOCOM into the SCAR program in the first place.

SOCOM also asked for an "offensive handgun".

Do we have any hard data on how often SOCOM uses their suppressed rifles on full auto?

SOCOM doesn't use scars anymore, they got rid of them.

you're more than welcome to tell me your BCG speed increase and its impact on your gun's longevity.
Go on. I'll wait.

>and you have never don't shoot full auto.
FN can't even hire literate shills.

Attached: 1549953277541.gif (607x609, 514K)

>Let me put it this way. SCAR won the contract for a reason
And was then promptly dropped from SOCOM inventory with less than 1k purchased...

false. Mk16 was withdrawn from general circulation. Mk17 is still in heave use.
Read a book, retard.

>SOCOM doesn't use scars anymore, they got rid of them.

You're an idiot.

>defending a %500 price markup
Poor form

your mom couldn't even afford a fucking coat hanger.

*Ahem*

Attached: honk.jpg (225x224, 13K)

Well this thing called an H3 buffer existed and did a fantastic job of mitigation sooooo....

yes, because of FREE M4A1s and a fucking HORIZONTAL budget cut.
Budget planning must be an alien concept to poorfags because they have no disposable income to speak of.

>SCAR 16 won over the M4A1 for a REASON
>Sure seemed to not be such an overwhelmingly great piece since they dropped it entirely from inventory after a few years and barely bought any...
>Well DUH those M4s were FREE you stupid POORFAG
This is some pretty shitty shilling on display here...

so......now when you take your suppressor off you don't gotta switch out your buffer? So....when excessive gas port erosion happens your H3 buffer magically adds grams of extra mass to itself? So.....when your chamber is caked with carbon deposits and your round won't chamber, you're ok because your glock never jams?

>>SCAR 16 won over the M4A1 for a REASON
you really can read, can you?
SCAR16 won over the M4. M4A1 didn't fucking exist. I made that VERY clear. What's also clear to me now is that your illiteracy level is about the same as that of a fucking rock.

>Being this mad
You are soundly happy with your SCAR, aren't you?

Attached: FB_IMG_1536532200036.jpg (484x492, 20K)

>M4A1 was made to alleviate some of the problems of the M4 that triggered SOCOM into the SCAR program in the first place.
Read buddy. Read.

>so......now when you take your suppressor off you don't gotta switch out your buffer?
No? H3s have worked fine in 11.5 and 10.3 ARs since they came out, can or not.
>when excessive gas port erosion happens
Are you one of those tools that has autistic shitfits about carrier wear on 16" carbine gas ARs?
>So.....when your chamber is caked with carbon deposits and your round won't chamber
I'm starting to think you're the one who doesn't have experience shooting suppressed, FA ARs. What you're spouting is sophomoric regurgitation, at best.

I'm starting to understand why cops are universally known as being retards.
Have a good day, officer.

>You are soundly happy with your SCAR, aren't you?
SCARs
I have 2.
Go rationalize your poverty elsewhere.

Let me know who your superior is, I want to tell them your attempts at selling their product are, to put it mildly, counterproductive

If you still think your fucking flyover department's cycle and tempo matches those of SOCOM and you operate in the same environment, you should probably just eat a fucking bullet right now, because your brain cancer is terminal.

>now when you take your suppressor off you don't gotta switch out your buffer?
Holy shit no, what in the goddamned fuck is wrong with you?

>I have 2.
OOF

Attached: 1549953411620.gif (1100x600, 865K)

Attached: SCAR.png (712x674, 39K)

>only has two SCARs

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

uh huh

Look dumdum. You do whatever works for you, ok? But I look for optimum solutions, and having a fixed buffer dealing with a large variance in carrier speed is not ideal.
Honestly, the best implementation of an AR for suppressed shooting is actually the Taiwanese T-91, which is a self regulating system.

>a noguns calls others noguns while shilling for a rifle he doesn't own and lies on an autistic basket weaving forum about how he owns it
that's a biiiiiig yikes from me

Pic related is a far more accurate representation of Jow Forums macro economics.

Attached: muhfeels.jpg (420x349, 31K)

>Look dumdum. You do whatever works for you, ok? But I look for optimum solutions
Jesus he even types like a faggy Barfcom boomer lmao

>paid $5000-6000 for $1600 worth of guns

I know you're lying because you're a supposed SCAR owner trying to defend SCARs and you haven't posted a single picture of your rifle in over 30 minutes. An actual SCAR user, being a SCAR user, would have made this thread reach almost bmp-limit with pics at this point.

>Squid gets a pass because everyone knows he's got bad 'tisms and eats and breathes SCARs as opposed to actual food, since he spent all his money on...SCARs.

>Spent all his money on SCARs
And SCAR accessories

You're not wrong

>Based DR8C0 for giving us that pantry shot

>fatty bunter
>based

Almost got me there

Hey without him we wouldn't have gotten to see those shots of Squidarino's completely bare apartment, credit where it's due.

Look at all these poorfags

ok ok. I see you. You willing to post a picture of all the guns you own with a timestamp if I do mine?
We got a deal?

shut up and back the bullshit your piehole has been spewing for the past hour you posing nigger

If you know it is good why are you getting defensive? People on the internet are going to say whatever.

>ok ok. I see you
Are you an actual negroid?

Can't speak for Squiddy, but I do it because I love slapping down retarded poorfags. Don't have many opportunities to do that in my professional life.

com'on man. Post your guns and I'll post mine. With timestamp of course. If you don't got no guns, just say so and I'll still post all my funs.

First post i've ever posted on Jow Forums and it resulted in this. Are things on Jow Forums always turn out like this?

Only from the waist down.

I guess I have to add "nigger" on top of

when you start a SCAR thread, expect it to be so.
There is a lot of bottled up poorfag rage on this board.

hey, as long as I ain't stupid, poor, or fat and unhealthy, I'm ok with wuteves.

I'll tap in but I'm not getting out every single piece I won and timestamping it because you're an user and I'm above doing that for your ilk. I showed you my dick answer me.
ONE
BOTTLE

Attached: WP_20190209_009.jpg (3072x1728, 1.99M)

What me to tell you how I know the real poorfag is you?

>he thinks 3k is a large sum of money and makes him well off somehow

hahahahah

Attached: 1489910252257.png (665x465, 115K)

SCAR's are $600 rifles, thats what the .mil paid for them.

just because you got kiked by FN's artificial supply doesn't make it a 3k rifle.

sorry, not interested in you. We both know I out gucci you by far. Now run along, peasant.
t- The B&T and SwissArms guy.

Maybe because I remember the time when this board used to be a source of legitimate and reliable information from various subject matter experts. So I do what little I can to stamp out the bullshit regarding a topic I'm somewhat well versed in. It's futile, for certain. But it's also an entertaining way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>t- The B&T and SwissArms guy.
Who?

> ashy knees
> nothing to brag about

>he thinks 3k is a large sum of money
oh all that IMPLYING.
Delicious. Gimme more poorfag tears.

>I remember the time when this board used to be a source of legitimate and reliable information from various subject matter experts
*amused bleating*

Attached: smugcoffeegote.png (577x689, 195K)

kek. my daughter has that same boot.
Now I need a SCAR17.

>my daughter has that same boot.
she single and of breeding age?

>FN's artificial supply

It's the Jews!

>local user gets oof'd

He's a guy that flexed on A2 a lot

Will scar fags ever recover

Attached: BULLYWHIPPET2.jpg (313x375, 24K)

>flexed on A2 a lot
Oh well that's all well and good.