Anyone here security forces in the air force? Im thinking about joining for SF...

Anyone here security forces in the air force? Im thinking about joining for SF, not sure the appeal but I am leaning towards going in for it anyway.
Scored one off on asvab so im not too retarded.

any input on the life and job? Talk to me about enlisting

Attached: ffffffff.png (920x707, 789K)

bum,p

>Yeah I was in SF.
>Special Forces?
>Nah, security forces.
>You mean like those guys that ask for your ID?
>Yeah.

Same as civilian security shit. My girlfriend's doing it. As a former 11braggart I'm tempted to as well, seems comfy

i hope you enjoy standing out in the cold scanning ID cards for 12 hour shifts.

It's only a job for losers that got bullied in highschool and want authority

>he doesn't know that's why I want to join

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 81K)

Security Forces is for people who want pretend they're like infantry or real MPs but didn't have the balls to join the Army or Marine Corps.

You'll spend 8-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week standing outside in just about all weather conditions scanning IDs while people who actually contribute to the military look down on you for not being brave enough to join a real fighting force or smart enough to pick up a technical MOS.

While the rest of us are out kicking down doors and committing war crimes on deployment you'll be doing the same exact fucking thing you did stateside but with more brown people around. When your six months is up you can come home and act like you're a real veteran who's service was just as valuable as those of us who actually bled for our country.

When you're home you can go around with your chest puffed out because of your one six month deployment, pretending like your an oper8or. Then you develop PTSD because you thought you heard someone BAF was mortared while you were there, become an alcoholic, and either kill yourself because you wound up in Minot or get kicked out.

this seems oddly specific

Not exactly specific, just based off extensive interactions with them. My deployments where all "inter-sercice" missions composed of Army, Airforce, and Marines. The Marines were hyper-moto crayon eaters but actually useful when shit hit the fan. The AF SF where a cluster fuck of bed shutting spergs that could barely maintain their weapons. One guy literally pissed his pants when shit popped off after 2 months of pre deployment bragging about how hard he is. One of the females refused to leave her room after a month because it was "too dangerous".

My wife is current AF and does some shit with the B52s I dont understand. I go to base pretty regularly and see the fuckheads in questions. The inbred, illiterate, goat fucking, boy rapping Afghan "Army" and "Police" I worked with were more competent than these failed abortions.

I currently work with several former SF turds and each is a bigger shit head than the last. They are arrogant loud mouthed incompetents that can barely do their jobs without finding a dozen new ways to piss someone off.

Didn’t a lot of Security Forces guys see combat in OEF and OIF? I’ve heard they were over 70% of all AF combat deaths there

So could someone with any brains excel to the top easily then?

this could be a descriptor of most metropolitan police in the US
>disenfranchised
>intellectually stunted
>abusive households
>etc etc
When you think about it, it's not all that bad. They more or less act like shitty dogs, and who else would you reasonably have protecting the perimeters of AFB's and nuclear arsenals?

Damn, is there a specific reason why Marines are more chill in Combat than AF dudes?

Abbreviate it SecFo, not SF. SF makes it sound way cooler than it is.

The amount of times I've ran into cool SecFo people is about equal to the times they've been absolute buttholes for no reason. I suppose the job just appeals to assholes

Because their standards are leagues higher than the AF's are. For example their basic training is 13 weeks compared to 8 weeks, with more physical and mental stress. Also the training a Marine Recruit gets is of a better quality than the AF. They also have a more "warrior" mindset and better esprit de corps. In short, they're better trained to fight than the Air Force is.

you'd think so, but reference crabs and buckets.

because the AF dudes who actually fight are either aircrew or spec ops types. and as AF aircrew, i'm not an exceptional shot by any means and i easily qualified expert. some of our guys barely passed. but you can be a foot or two off when you're using a GBU-12.

Is USMC boot camp really that bad? All the videos I’ve seen of it are just dudes sitting around while the DIs sometimes scream at them

yes
>t. med fraud who got injured a month into diego

Security forces since '05 here

Don't do it.

Getting a good score on the asvab and ending up security forces anyway means you were actually retarded after all

Like me

Absolutely not. Everything is done in the most ridiculous way possible. If you are using logic to try figure out why things are done a certain way, you are wrong. Any ideas people may have (that are actually in a position to implement them anyway) are the most pants on head retarded things you will ever hear. They usually just add extra bullshit to deal with or more useless and very fragile equipment to break.

Also security forces can't shoot worth a shit. They will not care how well you can shoot

What did you lie about?

>DoD contractor
>drive in every morning past same dudes
>holding M4 they will never have a chance to use
>get flashed CAC every day
>search random cars on dice roll, never find anything threatening
>legend has it tactical bollards were deployed once in 2008 to stop a normie carjacker who accidentally turned onto the gate road and panicked
Always felt bad for them, it's like being a mall cop that doesn't get to walk around.

i recently PCS'd from NC to a state with front license plates. still in the TLFs because housing is crazy here. the contractor guard flipped out on me because i didn't have a front plate, and basically called me a liar when i said NC doesn't issue you two plates. i'm escalating the next time i see him.

They have contractor guards? Ours has all uniformed soldiers, but our base is mostly IT contractors anyways, self formerly included. I've never had them get cross at me, most are cheerful folk and when it's not busy we'll chit chat for a minute on the way in.

i've always seen a mix of SF and contractors at both AF and Navy bases i've been on. and yeah, this is the most i've ever talked to someone at the gate. it's usually salute from the SF dudes, "stay warm/TGIF/have a good weekend", then go to work.

SF is full of washouts. Don't do it.

Are you stupid? There are like three actual Air Force combat MOSs and they're all special forces.

Security Forces is where the USAF dumps people who fail to live up to the standards of the MOS they were assigned at MEPS. The people too stupid to drive a fucking fuel truck.

God no don't I'm in air crew training ATM and secfo hate life with a passion

Aircrew training ass to mouth sounds about right remember pilots always top and give the dick its the load masters job to be a good bottom bitch and take as much dick as possible.

Have you ever seen a retard panic? When the requiremenrs to join is literally to be as smart as a wet gym sock then it's easy to gather a force that can just stand there as the world goes to shit around them because they haven't been told to be scared.

I'm A9 my boi. I get to shoot shit much bigger than sec fo 40631989

Pretty much the easiest thing you do in your MC career.
Fucking broke dick platoon, always there to make a man feel better about himself.