.380 pocket pistols

Who has one? What's your favorite and why? I'm in the market for a new one. I had a Taurus TCP a couple years back but it was lost in a boating accident.

Attached: top-14-380-pistols-carry-2017.jpg (1033x750, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.innovativearms.com/product/32naa-conversion-barrel/
lehighdefense.com/products/311cal-32-auto-xtreme-cavitator-50gr-bullet
youtube.com/watch?v=fc5QWxQ_leI
old.reddit.com/r/k_Censorship_Watch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have the original .380 pocket pistol. Even though it's bigger than its current competitors, it's a very nice size. Could be a very nice carry pistol, if it weren't so collectable.

Attached: 20190201_153424_crop_711x1008.jpg (711x1008, 741K)

Accept no substitute.

Attached: Walther_PPK-Black_RS_W (1).jpg (800x800, 67K)

I just picked up a beretta 84fs for 500 at my lgs. Haven't shot it yet but been pocket carrying it in my jacket when I walk my dog. Pic related.

Attached: 15504382192403680435599664487530.jpg (4032x3024, 3.53M)

I have a lcp. Super easy to carry/conceal. It puts bullets where I want them to go. As long as you don't have a glass wrist, you'll be ok.

Hardly a "pocket" pistol, don't you think? Something like a Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard, or a Kahr CW380 is what I'm after.

Do you own one?

LCP2. Carry it daily, 4 o clock IWB though. Spare mag always

Seconded

LCP 2 is best. Workable sights, acceptable trigger, small enough to pocket carry in jeans, big enough to not be a literal pain to shoot, light enough to not make one side of your coat hang uneven. Go bigger and you quickly go from "cell phone in an otterbox" type pocket printing to "whats that small book sized lump?", assuming you wear clothing that fits. Much heavier in a light jacket and it'll hang uneven, which is more an annoyance than anything. Bigger .380s have a place, just not in my carry rotation. If im gonna bother with .380 its going to be to pocket carry, and if im going to bother pocket carrying its because i can't afford to even begin to raise eyebrows. For everything else there's 9mm double stacks and on up.

Yea, and sometimes i ""pocket carry"" my M&P 2.0 compact in a winter coat. Don't think that's what OP is looking for.

Was looking at getting a Springfield EMP, but I don't want to support them after recent goings on, so now I'm looking into a Browning Black Label in .380

Attached: wm_9768802.jpg (1024x944, 52K)

I wear tight clothing so i have to go prostitute pistol smoll the p32.

I remember finger-fucking an LCP 2 and thinking it was nice. Have you shot any other .380's to compare it to?

more hand filling than the LCP.

Attached: 100_3646.jpg~original.jpg (800x533, 114K)

I like my LCP. The new one has a better trigger and sights, but I like the looks and feel of the original better. No last shot hold open, but I don't even carry a spare mag for it since it's my backup gun. Perfect reliability as long as you keep it clean, especially the feed ramp. Trigger reset is kinda shit, if I'm being honest. Recoil is almost nothing with a firm, high grip; it gets snappy if you're not gripping tight enough. Mag release sometimes ejects the mag if you sit on it with the shitty holster it comes with (be aware of that if you carry back pocket and don't want to buy a better holster). 7+1rds with the extended mag. Slide lock is hard to activate (which is probably a good thing since so much of your hands are covering the gun when firing) and field strip requires a small flathead to pry off the takedown pin. Never had an issue cycling 90gr Federal Hydra-Shok from my LCP, but some people have run into problems. It's a lot more accurate than you'd think for such a small gun. With a laser, you can very easily shoot out the bullseye at 7 yards.
Overall, it's a great backup option as long as you take the time to learn the above nuances.

Attached: LCP [7rd extended mag and lasermax].jpg (3354x2516, 1.14M)

I owned a bronwing BDA .380. Sweet ass gun, but its not quite pocket size.

Attached: 400px-BrowningBDA380.jpg (400x287, 34K)

God why the fuck would you IWB carry an LCP. Put it in your pocket dumb dumb. You might as well just get a 9mm and carry it since the total footprint and discomfort will be almost identical

posters who have never even held a PPK, guaranteed

The steel tool less take down pin is well worth the 7 dollars. I saw some people complaining that it walked out on them shooting it at the range but I didn't have the issue.

Beretta pico is the thinnest 380 i've seen, and width is the most important factor for pocket carry

Lcp with this
shop.innovativearms.com/product/32naa-conversion-barrel/

I keep a small screwdriver in my cleaning kit now, but that's definitely a cool solution to know about.

For what purpose? The barrel costs more than the gun...

lehighdefense.com/products/311cal-32-auto-xtreme-cavitator-50gr-bullet
Make AP lcp lol

>width is the most important
I'd say length, just because a Glock 42 or S&W Shield would stick out of your back pocket while working fine for front pocket carry.

I don't know why, but I need this now.

Attached: 76c.jpg (672x434, 23K)

>gun in back pocket
Pls don't do this

is this real?

Attached: sopranos.jpg (800x462, 67K)

Too late bruh.

No.

I’m getting a glock 42 this week. Have 975 rounds of .380 stocked up for it

Attached: 1AC0B749-6A0A-4F2C-B625-9682874AD1E8.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

totally
youtube.com/watch?v=fc5QWxQ_leI

what were they thinking?

I have a Beretta Pico. I like it's thinness and nice sights along with ergos. The only other 380 I might get would be a Kahr CW380.

Hey, my dude, how much did that nickel 1911 you have cost you?

S&W Bodyguard. It was about $250 new and has a safety so I can carry it with one in the chamber and not be overly concerned with it shooting my leg. The trigger is shit, but it's gone bang every time.

The only Jow Forums jannie approved .380 is the S&W Bodyguard.

old.reddit.com/r/k_Censorship_Watch/

your dog sounds like a pussy

I have two, a PPK and a Bodyguard. The PPK is a far nicer gun, the Bodyguard is a hell of a lot easier to pocket carry. As others have said, the trigger is terrible but it's manageable. I want one with the same manual of arms as the PPK (DA/SA with a decocker safety) but I seem to be in the minority in wanting that type if pistol.

The Sig Sauer p238 is the best .380 pistol on the market.

It has full size pistol sights (night sights are standard, no less), a SAO trigger that is by leaps and bounds the best trigger on a pocket sized .380 pistol, and it tames the recoil to the point of actually being comfortable to shoot (like 9mm out of a full size pistol). Plus, you can use the flush fitting 6 round magazine to make it as small as an LCP2 (and therefore fit in a pocket just as well), or if you're going to carry it on your hip you can use the extended 7 round magazine to lengthen the grip to be just large enough to grip with your whole hand (so long as you don't have obnoxiously fat fingers).

The only thing the LCP2 has on the p238 is weight and pricetag, and the weight isn't so much of an issue because the p238 still only weights like 15 ounces (so long as you don't get one of the very few models to have a steel frame) which is plenty light enough for pocket carry/etc.

Hold it tight. Will fte with limpwrist.

Buy a memeblaster

Attached: IMG_20171208_170939612_HDR.jpg (4320x2432, 3.25M)

>not a Bersa

Attached: 1517031258419.gif (275x248, 2.33M)

Glocks bore me but unironically the Glock 42.

Recoils like a bunny fart with simple target ammo compared to the smaller competition. Actually fun to shoot and is more than the belly gut gun that other pocket guns seem to be.

If I'm actually pocket carrying I am already compromising so much for the sake of comfort so I might as well have pants select for it.

I think people who pocket carry bare are retarded and you should at least utilize a sticky holster inside a pocket that will fill it. One, it keeps the orientation right for.if yiu needed to draw it. Two, they make the print less gun shaped.

LCP2 is unironically the best. Tiny, lightweeight, reliable. Everything you could ask for.
Maybe a glock 42 if you have really big pockets.
Looks cool but pocket carrying a steel framed pistol is awful. They, like all cool pre 1950s pistols, dont stand up to modern counterparts.

I have a P3AT, and RM380, and a Bersa Thunder 380. The Bersa is only marginally a pocket pistol but the nicest to shoot, lovely SA trigger and acceptable DA trigger. The P3AT is the easiest to conceal but feels cheap. The trigger is okay, long but smooth and is the middle weight of the three. It sucks to shoot however due to the light weight and tiny grip. The RM380 gets carried daily, has the heaviest DA trigger but is consistent. The extra weight and larger grip makes it more pleasant to shoot than the P3AT while still being easily pocketable.

>P3AT not pictured

Attached: File Jan 24, 10 47 31 PM.jpg (1128x1128, 225K)

Sold my Bersa for an LCP II

Just too big for a .380. Shoots well and looks nice but the LCP just carries so much easier.

Attached: lcp 2.jpg (848x477, 124K)

$0. She's a family heirloom

Attached: 20180804_131107.jpg (1887x2080, 2.81M)

I pocket carry sig p365 ama

How was the TCP? I want one but no store seems to carry it (and they look at me like an idiot for even bringing Taurus up).

Attached: 135546_01_new_taurus_tcp_380_pistol_ligh_640.jpg (640x362, 36K)

Honestly my Bersa feels better

How do you look in cargo shorts?

Attached: 8BD557EF-3C76-4F11-BFD3-436F26A5B5A8.jpg (1536x2048, 941K)

Attached: 112233.jpg (304x304, 47K)

Like adonis himself
5.11 stryker

Attached: micro1.jpg (3000x2250, 433K)

>not opting for the superior p938

>small and concealable
>looks custom built so no problems with serial numbers or other NJ bullshit
>no casing ejects, one less thing to worry about after a hit
bravo chase

Are there any these days that approach the good 'ol 1908 vest pocket?

Attached: small uns.png (1113x596, 318K)

The gun as a whole was pretty good, and shoots decent when you have a grip extender on the magazine. Reliability is great as long as you keep a stiff wrist. So small you can hide it entirely behind the palm of your hand. The only downsides are a slightly difficult takedown pin to remove, and the fact that the plastic trigger has a tendency to break.

The plastic trigger is held in place by a metal sphere with a tab on the top, and the plastic wraps around the sphere. The top of the plastic is very thin and can split apart under pressure when firing, which happened to me. It didn't actually prevent the gun from firing, but it worried me enough that I bought an aluminum trigger for it, which was about $50 including shipping. Had to file down part of the frame in order to fit it, but it was good after that. I wouldn't recommend the TCP simply because of this, but the Spectrum appears to be simply an improved TCP, so I'd get one of those if you want a cheap .380.

Do you think the laser is worth it? I've been thinking about it for a while now, mainly because I think it helps it print more like a cell phone in the pocket, but I know that's a dumb reason to buy a laser.

Attached: unnamed-2-1392x783.jpg (1392x783, 106K)

I can't find anything that says that it's AP, just offers better penetration.

My ma has one, a small little gun with a single stack mag. Not sure who the manufacturer is but it jammed all the time with the empty casing not ejecting properly. Not saying .380 pistols are bad but that one definitely was.

If you loaded it into 32naa made a pissing hot +p load you might be able to make it AP but it would probably be better out of a long barrel 327 federal magnum revolver

This

Attached: C364499AAF3B4E2FB8C20B9A5F75D33B.jpg (680x447, 26K)

i shot a good number of them before deciding on the sig p238. had the best ergos and sights out them all. others i tried were the kimber micro, g42, lcp, and bodygaurd. the plastic ones were all lighter but felt more recoil so didnt really care or that, also had shitty sights and were uncomfortable to hold. the kimber had a just as nice trigger but ive never really liked their sights.

in the end id just say shoot a bunch of them if you can and see what works best for you tho

>HK4
Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

No love for the Kahr here? They've been pretty cheap lately, so has the Pico but I can't stand that grip

Attached: DSC06862.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>Jam
>Jam
>Jam
>Jam
>Jam
>Jam

Got any evidence to back up this claim?

id like to get a small 380 and it seems like the ruger lcp2 is the best all around option. i just dislike the idea of carrying a ruger.

LCP II. Its easy to conceal and actually fits a non-tiny hand pretty well. I really want a Colt Mustang though. Tiny 1911 amuses me.

mine didn't fail to eject but failed to pick up a round despite ejecting and going into battery

do it!

Attached: 1465746992244.png (850x1100, 554K)

what the fuck

Attached: Round Kahr.png (640x768, 607K)

That's what happens when you take a picture a few inches away from an object. The meta-gravitational force bends the metal.

how are those?

You should probably shoot it first before you carry it user. Just my .02

I would buy a wallet holster if printing is your main concern, but I'm a big fan of the laser too. The laser is so much quicker than finding and holding your sights on such a small gun. I've been impressed with it so far.

I like the feel and carry comfort of my P938. Makes me feel a little happier than a .380. Shooting it after my full size kimber 1911 makes me feel like it's not accurate though. i need to work on it.

Attached: 938-9-B-GRY-AMBI-2[1].jpg (500x334, 51K)

How's the trigger on those P938s?

Not the greatest, but not terrible. I mentioned the accuracy...I have seen recommendations of people saying if you pull the trigger near the top it doesn't move on you as much.

I might just be full of shit cause it's still new and not broken in yet. I've only shot about 150-200 rounds so far. or maybe i'm just not used to it/a small gun. it's the smallest thing i've ever had.

i didnt realize a jframe was that small. i kind of want to carry one now, if i could find one without the stupid lock

Im thinking i want either that or a seacamp for pocket carry. Both just seem very hassle free.
Give me a quick review friend.

>...I don't want to support [Springfield] after recent goings on..
Oh God, what did they do this time?

I mean this, by the way. I was planning to go shopping for my first gun within a few weeks and the pawnshop my dad goes to are huge Springfield fanboys, and I'd handled an XD-E or an XD-S earlier in the year and it fit well in my (pretty small) hand.

Not gonna lie they feel really good in he hand, I wouldn't mind one, but they're fucking expensive now

I had a choice between the two, but I went for the 238 personally. I wanted a true pocket pistol, so I was looking for as small of a gun as possible without sacrificing quality (so no kel tec shit/etc). The 938 is nice, but it's slightly larger than the 238 both in barrel length and in the length (from muzzle to hammer) of the grip. If I kept justifying every so slightly larger sizes for increases in performance I would have ended up with a compact pistol.

Mine works perfectly. If you have/had one that isn't then it might just be defective from the factory (Sig does that a lot now adays).

I bought an XDS prior to springfields last asshattery, and while I'm not going to purchase another springfield for a long time, I wont deny it's a great little subcompact pistol.

I have a P238. Sometimes I wear it AIWB with a shirt tucked over, like at work where my khakis print like hell.

Sw380 sigma, new parts are not bad to find, new mags are almost impossible. Lgs had a few nib so I cleaned them out. Actually shoots good with a new barrel

Attached: 20190218_000416.jpg (4032x3024, 3.24M)

I love my p380, and as far as pocket carry goes it's pretty much as thin as you can find, which helps not print like nuts

I own an LCP II and a PPK/S. I've had some range time with all of the other major .380 pocketgats. I heavily recommend an LCP II, OP.

RIA also makes a .380 micro-1911

Bought a ruger lcp. Big hands. Not so good. Sold it, now carrying a beretta px4 storm. I don't know how you guys can stand shooting those little things, unless you are all manlets, which I doubt.

(Not my pic, just showing comparison)

Attached: images (20).jpg (225x225, 8K)

An LCP is not supposed to be a fun to shoot gun you dumb ass. How dumb do you have to be to buy the smallest .380 on the market right now and complain that it doesn't fit in your "big" hands.

Bersa Thunder is better.