Finns still used bolt actions as their standard issue rifles until the 1960's

>Finns still used bolt actions as their standard issue rifles until the 1960's
Is there any instance of a first world nation using bolt action rifles as the standard issue longer than Finland did?

Attached: 1241324.jpg (1024x492, 380K)

>Finland
>first world nation

India with the ishapore 2a1. They built them until 1975

> first world nation

Krag-Jorgensens were still distributed amongst Norwegian soldiers as take-home weapons until the early '80s IIRC

Technically Finland is a third world country since they were neutral in the Cold War.
To answer your question, some reserve and logistical units in the Swedish army were still issued homebrew Mausers until the 80s.

SUPER POWER BY 2030

Fuck, I forgot Sweden is technically third world too.

The Swiss kept issuing K31s as their standard issue rifle until the late 50s; the Spanish also trucked along with their Mausers (both the older M1916s and M1943s, as well as the 7.62 FR-7 and FR-8 conversions) until the late 50s.

Even then the old bolt guns still served on for quite some time. "Standard issue" is hard to pin down, if only because it takes years for a military to fully reequip troops with a new rifle.

Attached: 1542224406658.jpg (800x600, 362K)

Nordicucks are always behind the curb

My grandfather carried a Brazilian Mauser during the Dominican Civil War in 1965

Finnish wood sure is aesthetic

Sweden is both technically and literally a third world shithole.

I'm not sure but Finland's military equipment is based as fuck, especially the stuff that's domestically designed and manufactured. It's the perfect blend of West and East in their design philosophies. And that arctic birch is fucking aesthetic. Once I've got to money I'd like to start collecting Finnish WWII small arms

Attached: 1443278157946.jpg (487x524, 64K)

wow u are of very homosexual lol

Albania manufactured and used Mosin-Nagants up until 1961, and probably issued them for a while after as marksman's rifles or something. Not really a first world nation, but then again neither is Finland.

The Canadian Rangers have continued to use the Lee Enfield 303. up until a couple years ago.

I was wondering when someone would post this

I think they only started phasing them out last year.

Denmark still uses the M1917 Enfield for their patrols in Greenland.

Attached: M1917_Enfield_-_USA_-_30-06_-_Armémuseum.jpg (2159x1100, 293K)

Finland adopted a Kalashnikov in 1960.