Handgun General - /hg/ - #258

Reading is gundamental edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: without more code.jpg (1200x1800, 778K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bip6vLg6pS8
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/01750
buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New CCW owner here. Do I get the PPQ M2 or the Smith and Wesson MP9 2.0?

answer me fools, I like both, but which is the better gun?

Attached: Blank(1).jpg (1000x1000, 133K)

Why is 1983 a good year?

You go your ass to the gun store and you handle both and then you 360 moonwalk out the door and buy the one you like best online because they are both super rad guns but I prefer the M&P M2.0 for a number of reasons despite being a dick sucking Waltherfag.

It isn't, no reason, don't read into it.

Attached: clip grips.jpg (2200x1467, 868K)

Picked this up today. Can't wait to shoot it later this week.

Attached: HK VP9 SK Tacticool Hangers.jpg (2000x1333, 1.72M)

Thinking of a Ruger SP101 in .357 with a 3in barrel for my first revolver. Thoughts?

Attached: 20151112_143352.jpg (4080x2652, 3.98M)

So I'm looking for something in 32 acp that wont break the bank to satisfy my growing mousegun/SNS fetish. Preferably something older that wont explode or malfunction literally every trigger pull. Any suggestions?

Attached: 854x480_90906[1].jpg (854x480, 42K)

They’re great guns but the triggers will never be good as a GP 100 for some reason, my buddy has the Match Champion SP101 and loves it but even after a few thousand rounds the trigger still feels a little gritty

I considered a GP 100 but I have CC in mind and the SP101 is big enough as it is. If I can get a good deal on a used one I might get one anyways though.

Turner Diaries
Audio Book

The Turner Diaries Andrew MacDonald Audiobook

youtube.com/watch?v=bip6vLg6pS8

Attached: turner.jpg (392x500, 31K)

ok mcveigh

im ready for summer again...

Attached: fun in the sun (6).jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

Yeah like you said, the SP is big enough as is, my buddy that owns one resorted to bolting a safe in his trunk so he could retrieve as needed and store as needed, with a much smaller carry option as his EDC. He couldn’t deal with the cylinder digging in his side, and he’s pretty skinny mode.

haha Jericho and potato camera time

Attached: Jericho and holster.jpg (2572x1929, 2.39M)

Uh, are CZ75's still being sold?
i'm having a hard time finding a subcompact one in stock anywhere

its just a book nigger
this is a book thread

They’re all over the place here in California from full size to compact to subcompact to RAMI, at nearly every gun store I’ve been to.

Just move here bro

Opinions on the M&P 9C? I'm a poorfag and I like my Shield, but I want something with a bit more capacity for CC and I also want a thumb safety.

Nothing wrong with an m&p. When it comes to polymer 9mm handguns user preference is all that really matters.

If you like spoops, easily consumed fiction, and guns, then give monster hunter international a try.
2.0 compact. M&P9 is a fullsize, PPQ is a low capacity hair-smaller-than fullsize at 5.3" tall. FWIW a lot of people work their way up to CCWing a compact everyday, without proper gear and technique they can print pretty bad in lighter clothing depending on your wardrobe/body type. Definitely took me a little while before i was comfortable with it in summer cloths, but ymmv.
FOr less common versions like the RAMIs and P01s they tend to come in shipments with lulls of availability in between. Try asking around if anybody is expecting some soon.
Shitty trigger and the safety on them is supposed to be mushy/loose enough that it can accidentally be moved from one position to the next. Personally I'd go with the 2.0 which fixes both of those problems but is G19 sized, or some other SC with a thumb safety like the P30SK or P2000SK

Check out the sig p365 you won't be disappointed.

How small does it needs to be? Does it need to be old? Cause right away I'm thinking of $400 Walther PPs which aren't that small and $400 Beretta Tomcats which aren't that old.

Of course, but the RAMI has always been super low volume, they don't make many and they don't sell many.
Like here
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/01750

Nice. Are you going to go full weeb and put airsoft Spike grips on it, or buy those new Spike grips from Lok?

The old one? They're good guns for sure but what I never liked was the slippery grip texture which gets really bad when wet, and the sloppy trigger. Both issues were fixed in spades with the M2.0 but of course they dropped the "compact" size from the lineup.

You can improve the old M&P 9C with a $40 Apex plastic trigger (which gets rid of the slop and some of the takeup and overtravel, just the trigger not the whole DCAE kit btw) and a $12 Talon grip but that's money I'm sure you don't want to spend.

If you want a little gun to carry without spending a lot, check out the Taurus G2C!

Attached: 9000r.jpg (2000x1333, 417K)

Is 22LR enough for self defense? I was thinking of getting a wee mouse gun as a CCW.

Attached: 21abobcat_zoom002.jpg (817x600, 90K)

If you can get it to go off, it's as or more effective than .25acp (no that that's saying much). The biggest downsides to .22lr are
>rimfire
and
>rimmed round
I'd carry one if I had no other caliber choice, it's still a fucking gun, but I'd want a centerfire.

I didn't even know about those Lok grips. Those are cool as fuck. Might have to pick those up.

There was an user on Jow Forums who was trying to make something close to the airsoft grips, but were made like a Hogue monogrip. If that crazy bastard actually follows through and they aren't too expensive, I'll buy his grips. Would love to mount a laser in them, but maybe that's a later project. We'll see if anything actually comes of it.

It's certainly better than nothing, and it'll probably make somebody not on drugs stop doing what they're doing before you run out of ammo or it jams, but it would be irresponsible for anyone to say .22LR is "enough."

There are so many pleasant shooting tiny .380s that I can't see why you'd go and seek a tiny .22 for defense.

Attached: november keyboard.jpg (2500x1569, 1.56M)

Depends on what you mean by "enough". Will it poke holes in somebody? Yes. Is it better than a pointy stick? Yes. Is it also significant and demonstrable downgrade from anything .380 and up? Double yes. If you're ok with a gun/caliber combination that'll likely fail to ""stop"" an attacker 40% of the time then that means it's adequate for you. Personally if im in fear for my life i'd prefer odds better than a slightly weighted coin flip.

buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power

what is the bottom right one?

>Go to ammo store
>Sold out of 45 super
>Have to settle for 45acp +p
>185@1200
>Jesus fucking christ I might as well carry 9mm

MHI is fun

Looks like another Beretta Bobcat.

I own pic related, thing about it is that its pretty fucking accurate given the mosquito dick sights. The other thing is since there is no recoil you can have it trained on target and rapid fire very quickly and very accurately. Also very comfy to shoot for a gun of its size. Over all, after having shot it a bit I have a great deal more faith that it would help in self defense. That being said, it is still a .22 which is not only tiny but a rim fire. If you are going to carry it for when you are in a situation where you would otherwise have no gun at all due to your other gun being to big to carry comfortably, conceal, or you are in a low risk situation.

Yeha look like it I wonder which caliber though.

as a backup to a real gun, sure.

And I forgot picture

Attached: 20190217_140906-1699x1421.jpg (1699x1421, 568K)

Do you ever shoot that thing with a can? Must be fucking heavy.

the grip safety on is easily high enough that if you can wrap your hand around the gun to pull the trigger, then you have actuated the safety.
it's not a heavy lever, either. The idea that you would be able to hold the gun below the safety and still aim and pull the trigger sounds asinine, no offense.
kids will figure out how to use a grip safety real quick. If you are concerned about your kids ND'ing into the roof or someone else, you have to be proactive and teach them that guns are not toys, that guns are boring tools, and what the purpose of a gun really is.
helicopter parenting won't work; at some point you'll have to trust they won't do something stupid and outline a path to that trust.
Jack Nicholson/10
>some men just want to watch the world burn
are you traveling north of the mall?
lots of nice family farms out that way. Fantastic produce year round.
you do dress a bit like batman at the range, huh?
missing the 7.65x25 and 5.7x28 my friend
depends on your budget. you'll have to see if you can try both and decide if the PPQ upgrades to the trigger and ergonomics are enough to justify the price.
M&P2.0 is a good value, no denying that.
grip looks like it's made out of butterscotch...
nobody ever gets the OD green :(
respec your elders, son.

Attached: hkvp9skolivedrabgreen.jpg (1024x683, 132K)

I mean
people shoot desert eagles, and they weigh 4 fucking pounds

Don't really want to deal with the paperwork. It's 3lbs 5oz eith a full mag of 230gr

>The idea that you would be able to hold the gun below the safety and still aim and pull the trigger sounds asinine, no offense.
You don't know what you're fucking talking about, no offense. Go do some drills, a low grip is the most common bad grip out of the holster, and the XD grip safety is WAY too small and high

>what the quints
this ain't pol, yo
post handguns

Attached: 1549121019408.jpg (444x581, 56K)

>That book
>Not a 1911 with a .22 conversion kit, a brass catcher and a suppressor

>buys a meme gun designed to be suppressed
>doesn't suppress it

it's like buying a camaro and driving it through school zones only

>this
Should have just gotten a USP45, extra weight and bulk in exchange for memes

>he thinks his opinion matters
>he thinks he’s being helpful
FAGGOT

>havent been shooting in months

i feel like im letting you guys down

Attached: dogsmush.jpg (1536x2048, 342K)

>Should just get a USP45
Uh.....

It's my CCW, why would I suppress my carry gun?

Attached: 20180322_212701-2037x1400.jpg (2037x1400, 640K)

Thoughts on the 92 compact as an appendix carry gun? Same size as a G19 though with extra weight and slightly longer slide.

Attached: 7366D866-95D1-4A6F-A83E-380B76DA0F5A.jpg (3899x2930, 1.01M)

Why not ccw the objectively better gun for carry? Also RMRs for carry handguns is a stupid fucking meme

how would he beg for attention with a regular carry gun?

You appear to be retarded, are you allowed to have internet outside your PCAs supervision?

I finger fucked a 92f compact equinox today. my friend is selling it for $550 and I'm trying to decide if I want it. Very comfortable in the hand but I can't see a reason besides fun for it to replace my g19 for carry.

Attached: AP EX.jpg (1891x1322, 1.33M)

Yeah I just prefer DA first shot when pointed at my penor. Good to hear

>CCing a Mark 23, the XBOX HEUG of handguns

Attached: but why.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Kek
Not an argument, druggie

attention whoring, like a teen girl

>being on HK's dick this much

Attached: What_is_this.jpg (525x460, 48K)

It’s so he can look special in front of his Jow Forums friends :^)

Attached: B7C7D949-68EF-43A0-B34F-E37297375589.png (625x682, 125K)

for most people it's just a phase, you buy one or two and realize they're mediocre as fuck. always a shit ton of used hks at the bigger shops

>paying $750 for a gun with a plastic trigger
USP fags are lolcows

Attached: 608Hemingway.jpg (2509x2014, 1.36M)

>Taurus
Yikes

Translation

>I've never owned a Taurus revolver

They're solid and I got an 8 shot .357 for $350

Attached: inoxrox.jpg (4032x3024, 3.51M)

I had a rossi, aka taurus revolver. piece of shit. got it from a pawn shop 7 years ago for 175$ traded it for a glock and they gave me 175$. I love that pawn shop.

>calls a gun a piece of shit

>gets a Glock

Attached: Aaron.jpg (262x326, 27K)

Has anyone in here had experience with a ruger lc9s? Im interested in getting on as i just really want a nice sub compact 9mm.
Also, my current hamdgun collection. Just started last year, want to add a sub compact to my collection. Any recommendations?

Attached: 20190212_182712.jpg (3984x2988, 3.15M)

Attached: HK USMEME.jpg (1500x1000, 739K)

Quints of esoteric white power

Attached: IMG_7030.jpg (512x332, 50K)

Glocks aren't bad. The fanbase is.

How comfy is it to shoot (preferable compared to regular 92)?
How comfy to carry?
>thanks fren

>Reading is gundamental edition
word homie

Attached: 1911byrd.jpg (2000x1125, 355K)

Bears, and 16 rounds of 255gr flying at 1130fps.

I'd tell you off, but beating up retards is a hate crime.
In the meantime let's talk about the RMR, do this with irons, I'll wait.

I own multiple guns from multiple companies, you should try it some time.

Attached: IMG_20190210_023245_528.jpg (1080x1132, 120K)

I don't like it. I am going to trade it for a VP9. I have never liked glocks, but I shot my brothers and enjoyed it. As soon as I can justify the 2-300$ to make the trade up i am going to get the VP9.

Attached: burrito asex.jpg (1500x1000, 637K)

How much holdover at 100 yds?

That sounds like a boring ass book, mi amigo.

>.45 apc vs bears

I would not trust this

>100 yards
Aha
Hahahah
Wew lad - probably more like 100 feet
>also implying “100 yard” accuracy is relevant for a carry gun

>Glocks aren't bad

Attached: glocknado.jpg (2094x1729, 1.24M)

.22LR

Closest I had

Attached: 90s kid stuff.jpg (2000x1333, 970K)

Get a 44 if you actually plan to survive a brown bear attack

About 8" with my 200gr handloads

I carry hardcast 45 super, it out performs 10mm

Attached: GlocknadeGlockazine.jpg (545x301, 42K)

how many of these were user error though?

he routinely lies about targets according to some discord fags

T.Fudd

Attached: Glocknade2.gif (600x338, 939K)

Realistically, how would 9mm fare against a cougar? After ol' boy jogger choked out a mountain lion, it made me more aware of the fact that I should be carrying while on a run.

>Closest I had

Fair call

An LC9S Pro is my daily carry. I love it.
>good trigger
>good sights, GREAT sights compared to other guns in its size bracket
>has never had a single malfunction in ~1700 rounds
>good capacity for its size (7+1 flush)
>spare mags aren't too terribly expensive $36 for a 2-pack on gunmagwarehouse)
Only downside I can really think of is situational--It's a pinky-dangler even with the factory extension.

Do get the Pro though, the regular LC9S has a manual safety that's small and in the way.

All the cougars I've encountered seem to like my 9

Nobody in the duscord shoots or owns guns, it's just Burt and Huitekniggut sharing anime

I'll take 16 rounds of 45 super over 6 rounds of 44, thanks.

It would do fine

an attention whore does shit to get attention? nooooo

Please respond

Attached: E4B6614C-53F9-47C2-AF59-A0207DA01FC9.jpg (1440x1425, 212K)

>he’s gonna get anywhere close to 16 shots off
Big doubt
>burt and hwhite in the discord
Don’t think so nigger

it's a shit gun to carry, fuckhuge for its capacity

Well, a big cougar is 120lbs, most are sub-100. They're also thin skinned and small-boned. Should do fine.

>I'll take 16 rounds of 45 super over 6 rounds of 44

Why compromise?

Attached: hipoint10mmwithrechargeablebattery.jpg (600x251, 20K)

?
I’ve seen comparisons with Glock 19s and it looks pretty friggin similar. I’m fine with the loss of two rounds desu