Flashlights

Post and discuss flashlights/weaponslights.

Attached: 20180204_125708.jpg (4032x3024, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sanwulasers.com/
sanwulasers.com/product/silver
mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=876
youtube.com/watch?v=WnDjIDhxnMs
intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4s-26650-high-power-led-flashlight-p-932.html
intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4-high-power-led-flashlight-p-921.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

always get one that you can rinse out properly, and one you can heat up before using it. temperature is important.

What if there's a burning sensation?

Attached: 15504492026378447262981930034698.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

then you should get tested

listen you light nerds.
I need a laser that will permanently blind a swat team stacking up outside my house.
give me a website.

>disco ball descends
>powerful laser aims at it, disperses the laser in a death blossom

Im cheap enough to use Nitecore stuff. Hasn't let me down in this boiling humid shithole.

M300 a cute.

Attached: WP_20190209_006.jpg (3072x1728, 1.94M)

>Death Blossom
Grig approves.

Attached: Grig.gif (500x263, 1.97M)

Too bad it's weak

I have mine on the same mount I love it.

Not bad

Attached: 1397263738187.jpg (915x1077, 322K)

I just got this little qt. I guess I'm going to be one of those fags that EDCs a flashlight now.

Attached: microstream.jpg (355x355, 11K)

>if you go above this arbitrary amount of lumens, you will blind yourself
>your edc light is absolutely fine even if it’s as strong as a smartphone flashlight
>you will die if you use a flashlight in a fight because you will reveal yourself
>your $40-$90 streamlight/surefire is on par with my $3 Rayovac

there you go, I posted everything you will read on these threads

>not realizing that military and police use flashlights in CQB all the time
Yikes.

The Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA makes a pretty damn good weapon light, especially when paired with the Olight WM10 mount. That combo makes an especially good light setup for the Ruger PC Carbine with its underbarrel rail. Highly recommended.

Attached: Photo Feb 18, 01 48 37.jpg (2448x3264, 1.95M)

How is the DX80?
I'm more into throwers than the floody lights. but some of these multi diode monsters are catching my eye.

Whats the best EDC flashlight?

streamlight stylus pro usb

I am undecided on principle. There's one tiny one on my key set, a four inch or so in my jacket pocket along with my folder, a head lamp in my car's glove compartment and a similar one in my back pack. But the thing is, they are all oldfashioned battery lamps. The good part is that there might be three months to the next time I'll actually have to use any of these, at which point they are quite likely to function when I grab for one.

I have been looking for one of those new jobs with fully rechargeable lithium battery and mindboggling lum output. But will I actually be using it? AFAIK the these batteries do not hold charges for very long and with rare use I may not get into the habit of recharging frequently.

Zebralight. But they're expensive so expect lots of poorfag salt whenever you mention them.

manker e02 if you're not a larper.

>long press for off
>cancer

sanwulasers.com/

Thanks guys, I settled for a Streamlight Pro-Tac 1L-1AA. Ordered it on Amazon, hopefully I'm not getting a fake.

Attached: 1544595899450.jpg (761x563, 60K)

Lux-RC for me.
18350 x2
cr123 x2
these light engines will eat anything that fits in the tube and are programable from 1.5mw-23w output.
simply awesome.

Attached: IMG_0364.jpg (2812x2816, 765K)

It's a beast. Spec sheet throw is around 800m, but it's going to wash out irl because it's so floody. Still, you'll have no problem seeing out to 200m. The lowest mode is 120lm, which is still too high imo. The UI isn't bad, but the lockout can't be trusted if it's getting tossed around in a bag. Best just to put electrical tape over the battery pack terminal if you're traveling. Obviously it works great outdoors, but it's also great for indoor photography and lighting up a room in general. The beam is evenly floody and not too cool, so it's easy on the eyes when you've got to use it for a while. I think I bought it for $225 shipped. It's my go-to home flashlight.

Attached: 20180206_005903.png (1049x1165, 1.74M)

Attached: 20190218_160124.png (1388x2167, 2.15M)

How much longer before the government steps in for these things that are basically pocket suns?

i wish they made switch for those. i have the one with the rechargeable battery, i like it a lot.

Someone's gotta get hurt first, but I think they're overdue for regulation. They're more than capable of starting a fire or causing permanent eye damage now. Some idiot is probably going to start using them to film police at night and then we'll all be fucked with "common sense" flashlight laws. Some of the bigger YouTube channels have caught on to these flashlights, but I've never seen them attract any media attention yet. They're still expensive, so not many people besides hobbyists get their hands on them. We'll be ok for a while longer as long as it stays that way.

It's meant for room clearing, 200 lumens is perfectly fine for that.

My EDC flashlight puts out 4000 lumens on turbo and can start fires in only a few seconds if there is any paper too close to the lens. But sure. 200 lumens is “enough” to get the job done. I’m sure.

What light? Emisar d4?

If you think sheer output is all that matters in a weapon light you're probably a retard.

>4k lumens
>room clearing
lolokay, have fun blinding yourself while taping your shitty chink light with absurd spill and shitty bezel to your poorfag special AR

So salty.

mine cut out and had burn points on the battery, so I sent it back to imalent as they asked. Shipping was more than I expected and I threw away the receipt in disgust.
I never heard anything from them for a few months so I emailed them and they asked for the tracking number, which I didn't have. I never heard anything from them ever again and never got anything in the mail back from them.
I now hate the Chinese and refuse to buy anything from them again, and Imalent is run by kikes 1488 brother

Attached: 1539096351159.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

I have 5 weapon lights:
>3 various Chinese airsoft-tier lights from Amazon, no brand or markings
>a Streamlight Polytac
>a Surefire M600df Ultra Scout
The Surefire M600 is clearly the best, no need to even discuss that. The next best is the Streamlight Polytac (pic related, left), which was about $40. This thing has held up to a good amount of .223 so far, which isn't saying much, but I like it. It has a really nice push button back that is easy to do half pushes for temporary on and a full click for permanent on. Mounts to normal 1" rings.
As far as the 3 pistol style lights from Amazon, they all cost about $22 and they are a mixed bag.
>One completely broke before one battery even died.
>One works well, but the push button switch is uncomfortable, and it is a bit wobbly on the rail.
>One has always worked well for me since 2012, has good battery life, comfy switches, and a sturdy lock to the rail (pic related, right).
The Chinese lights are a total crapshoot, might as well flip a coin. For the $150 price point, look into streamlight and o-light.

Attached: lights.jpg (1050x822, 602K)

I sent mine back too after I blew the driver. You probably lost yours to Chinese customs when you set the package value too high. Imalent doesn't pay to get it through. Luckily, I had an email correspondence with them when shipping it out and I sent all the shipping info to them straight away. They let me know it got stuck in customs and I had to pay for it to get through since the package value exceeded $8. I took care of it and the turnaround time for the whole process was just under 2 weeks. They sent me a new DX80 head free of charge, but I got raped on the shipping to get it to China. That customer service was really the best I could ask for considering it had to get all the way to China and back.

Olights are the best mass-produced rechargeable 18650 and CR123 enabled flashlights on the market.

Change my mind.

Attached: 1550075837069.jpg (535x492, 72K)

I like my pl-mini valkyrie. It's worked flawlessly for a year and a half so far.

Attached: 20181105_012213.jpg (2338x1792, 118K)

this was all about 9 months ago, so ive just accepted that im out $250

That sucks, man.

can I get a range or wattage suggestion
what does enough. how much power. what color?

this is what we need to be buying instead of guns.

Blue (445nm) will give the most power this one runs on 18650 which is the best energy density of any of the power source options. 7w should be instant permanent blindness out to 200 yards.
sanwulasers.com/product/silver

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-162815.png (720x1280, 194K)

Should be able to deter police helicopters/airplanes in a chase/standoff situation.

No one needs more than 400 lumens and we need to do something about the proliferation of military and assault flashlights BEFORE someone gets hurt. I'm not talking about anything crazy, just common sense flashlight laws. Things like a simple registry so we can keep track hi-lumen lights, lights that can strobe, lights that feature a strike bezel or a tail thumb-switch.

Nobody is coming for your flashlight, again you don't need more than 400 lumens to check the mail etc.

#commonsenseflashlightlaws2019

I like you guys and would never use this on jewish people or federal employees
thank you for the information
I plan to apply it to further my chinese laser studies

7w? jesus. cant I get by with 3w? I mean 7w is enought to burn holes in solid objects I think. but if you say 7w is what I need I'll do it.
but Im not trying to decapitate people with a lightsaber like darth vader here.

Attached: thrillho.jpg (251x240, 7K)

Go 7w, get it from sanwu. BUY LASER SAFETY GLASSES!!!

shit 10 bucks for 3 sets of goggles. makes it easy.

I mean this is a better investment than a fucking handgun right? I dont know why Im letting ATF in on the plan.
but once you get to a point I guess you just stop caring.

oh and on the topic of the thread.
I do need a good 30 to 50$ flashlight off amazon. for my glovebox. any suggestions welcome. but dont give me a 130$ surefire ideas.

mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=876
Emisar D1 in XPL-HI 4000k V2 5D

>low CRI cool white tints on most models
>non-removable batteries in many models
>proprietary batteries
>exposed plastic optics
>exposed (live) charging leads on the rear of the light, which goes down into your pocket with your keys because the pocket clip is made for bezel-up carry with many models
>visible flicker in lower modes

The D1 has kind of a narrow beam, but the reflector is not large enough for substantial throw either. It's kind of specialized for when you are mostly wanting to see far away but need to carry the flashlight in a pants pocket. If it doesn't need to go in a pants pocket, the D1S is the more capable thrower. I would second the XP-L HI 5D, though. Nice golden tint at the lower settings but turns almost pure white at the highest setting.

I'm partial to the D4S. Much longer runtimes at the highest brightness levels, better heat management, more floody beam with a lot of throw, high CRI SST-20 and Nichia 219C emitters available, and the 26650 battery has a lot more capacity than any 18650. XP-L HD is also a good emitter choice. All of the Emisars are great values and great lights, though.

>output doesn't matter
You're one of those micropenis fags who says that 9mm is "big enough" too, aren't you?

I agree, I'm able to pocket carry my D4S and the XPL-HI 4000k gives it usable throw.

Attached: _20190218_171942.jpg (1667x2614, 664K)

Yeah.

I'll have fun blinding myself AND the bad guy, thank you.

I think the D1 is a better recommendation for people who are just looking for a good light and not something more of a collection peice/hotrod.

>shit 10 bucks for 3 sets of goggles. makes it easy.
Don't cheap out on laser safety glasses.
youtube.com/watch?v=WnDjIDhxnMs

And yeah, 7 watts is a bright fucking laser.

I second this prepare to get the best glasses you can afford.

you faggots call those flashlights? THIS is a flashlight.

Attached: Much-Lumens-768x468.jpg (768x468, 63K)

Why?

And the D4 is definitely a hot rod - it starts to get too hot to hold after 20-30 seconds on turbo and ramps down to like 15% of max brightness just a little after that, but the D4S is a very capable all purpose flashlight that can maintain higher brightness levels for much longer. The beam is broad and floody and puts out 3000-5000 lumens total, depending on emitter, which is useful indoors or at medium ranges, but, especially if you get an XP-L HI or SST-20 model, you're still getting around 50,000 candela on high, which is a ton of throw. By comparison, the D1 tops out at 1300 lumens and 43,000 candela, with its pretty narrow beam.

intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4s-26650-high-power-led-flashlight-p-932.html

I know but for most people the D1 is plenty and more likely to be carried. I have both and I'd recommend the D1 first to others as it does not overheat and it has a very nice and usable beam profile.

Finally a flesh light I can fit my dick in.

Attached: 429.gif (360x202, 173K)

Don't forget about a used Zebralight. You can get a gently used SC64 for around $50 on the BLF classifieds if you're patient. Similar lumens and plenty of throw, but the beam has a lot more flood.

>pocket-sized light
>4000 lumens
Unironic poornigger shit.

not a big fan on the chinkshit lights. Zebralight headlamps are the exception.

Attached: IMG_0310.jpg (2570x2207, 618K)

Inexpensive, but not cheap.
intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4-high-power-led-flashlight-p-921.html

i have seven free flashlights from harbor freight

>sub$40
>not cheap
Holy shit

I used to be like you. Now I have trouble looking at the non-Chinese flashlight market as anything other than backwards, inferior and anachronistic.

Ruger is inexpensive.
Taurus is cheap.

Get it?

In the case of Emisar, the quality is a little above Ruger, but you get the analogy, right?

He thinks CW emitters have a tactical advantage and his surefire/streamlight is a good flashlight because it uses c123 batteries. Some people will never see the light, heh.

Exactly. Surefire and Streamlight "reliability" comes from simplistic, archaic design that was perfected years ago. They're the modern day Maglite, except they demand outrageous prices for inferior output and features. Chink lights risk running into problems when they start pushing the limits, but something simple like a Thrunite TN-12 or Fenix PD35 works just as well as their American competition at a fraction of the cost. New generation 18650 lights coming out of China are all doing at least 2000lm; Surefire didn't even break 1000 until last year. It's not that American flashlight companies are putting out shitty product, it's just that they're being left behind in terms of tech innovation. Surefire's biggest releases this year were a flat 650lm pocket flashlight (Stiletto) and a SUREFIRE 18650 USB rechargable battery (these kind of cells have been out for years now). I could go on and on.
Moral of the story is that surefire/streamlight shills need to stay in their lane.

this tiny thing is brighter than fuck and rechargable. olight i1r

Attached: olight.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

You could have just set it down and taken the picture...

its a webcam. sorry to inconvenience you

I pressed the wrong reply.

Great photo.

Attached: rip tyrone.jpg (650x825, 80K)

hahahahaha

>JUSTASGOOD but for lights
huh didn't know this was even a thing.....

By all means, keep tossing your money away.

What?

Tis the nature of things. Make a thread about optics, it will inevitably devolve to a bunch of pissy poorfags screaming how their $200 Primary Arms is literally equal to a Trijicon Accupoint in every way. Start a thread about barrels and you are 100% guaranteed that a swarm of pissy little minimum-wage peons will barge in and drown out everyone in insisting that their stainless Ballistic Advantage Black Friday specials will do the same thing as a match-grade. Poorfags are by nature very, very, very loud, and very, very, very insecure, and cannot stand seeing others having nicer things than them, but instead of deciding to make that a goal to obtain and use it as motivation to learn financial saving habits, they'll just PPR the shit out of whatever budget-grade compromise they settled on.

I feel sorry for them more than anything.

Show me the Surefire that can hit 32,000lm. Wait, top dog is 60,000lm this year. Try to keep up, goy!

Tell me if your garbage can withstand having a muzzle going off right next to its bezel repeatedly.

400lm of flawless operation for over a year and a half so far and it only cost me $70. What's a 300lm xc1-b go for? $270?
>Nearly quadruple the price for 3/4 the output... Hard pass!
>[ [ [ S E E T H I N G ] ] ]

Attached: 20171130_130813.jpg (1506x1506, 122K)

The thread is about flashlights, not weapon lights. People are talking about EDC lights, not weapon mounted lights. Try to keep up, champ.

>olight
>white-filled a glock unironically
checks out

Don't worry, he's gonna get btfo either way.

Would it hurt your pussy if I told you I switched to "tactical black?"

Attached: 20190214_013428.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

>The thread is about flashlights, not weapon lights.
>Post and discuss flashlights/weaponslights.

Attached: 58131487.jpg (1024x1045, 102K)

Correlation between poverty and illiteracy proven further, more at 11

> for over a year and a half so far
And through most of a box of ammo

Nothing you wrote disproves what I said.

Attached: hit or miss.jpg (406x645, 45K)

dum poornigger

What are you even trying to say?

The light was released Fall of 2017. I can't magically give it years of use. Here's a Thrunite TC-12 I bought back in 2016. Still runs like a top and I think surefire STILL only has 1 brighter flashlight in their 2019 catalog. How embarrassing.

Attached: 15505561519561404968903804729021.jpg (4032x3024, 2.75M)

Oof yikes no thanks.

Attached: WP_20181222_002.jpg (3072x1728, 2.02M)

>How embarrassing.
embarrassing is putting whiteout in the slide markings of a glock. did you also fill in that frontsight with your mom's nailpolish?