QTDDTOT

I'll start.
Can THAAD missiles shoot down normal aircraft or can they only shoot down ICBM's and other fast moving missiles?

Attached: 1549819467025.webm (800x450, 2.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_mortar
youtube.com/watch?v=PZnGFA5uaNM
youtube.com/watch?v=--huHeRUZ0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>can an anti-tank rifle kill a person or can it just kill tanks? asking for a friend

I don’t see why not.

It’s a legitimate question. Patirot missiles can’t track slow moving objects (compared to jets and airplanes) like helicopters.

The other ones only at 120 posts you moron.

I scrolled through the catalog and I didn't see it.

Ctrl + f is your friend newfriend.

Except for the only problem is my computer shitted out so now I am a temporary mobile-fag.

So I can't use control F

Does anybody have pic related? I'm getting this wolf T91 piston upper soon. It comes with this one piece bolt carrier, and doesn't have gas rings. Does this mean I can't use a conventional ar15/m16 bc? What would happen if I do?

Attached: wolf-a1-upper-image.jpg (458x247, 169K)

The catalog has a search function, retard

"find in page"

Moron.

Could someone cut whistles into a suppressor to make the report sound fun?

Would a .50 cal machine gun be strong enough to be used as anti-ship weapon against old-timey wooden ships like galleons?

They do have fairly sturdy construction and woodwork is fairly thick at least in some parts.

Attached: ship_of_line.jpg (620x367, 81K)

Oops, forgot about that.

what a retarded question

extra question:
Some ships have/used to have mortars on them. Are there some naval anti-ship variants of mortar shells?

Attached: naval mortar.jpg (775x569, 32K)

See

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_mortar

First focal point or second focal point 1x6 optic for an AR? I'm thinking a primary arms 1x6.

Depends if you like FFP or SFP more. If you don't know the difference, google it. It really is preference.

Does anyone in here own or at least have shot a sawed off double barrel? I wanna get one so bad but I know its probably a huge waste of time and have a feeling it's not as fun as it looks

you'd have to shoot it quite a bit to make it actually sink

would kill the fuck out of the crew though

Anyone?

What gun is this?

Attached: uwu bullet.jpg (749x749, 34K)

Yes. The AN-94's muzzle brake reduces the decibel rating by changing some of the rifle's report to a frequency that isn't audible for humans.

With incendiary ammunition it would be absolutely devastating.

Some 1893-1895 Spanish Mauser.

Its just preference? From the explanations on youtootube, it makes it seem as if FFP makes it easier to track range and make the reticle really useful.

I don't know the answer to your question but I laughed while imagining an AK that goes TOOT every time you shoot it

Looks like the child of an AR and an L1A1 SLR

That's an excellent idea. I'll take 20.

7.62x39 vs soft target @ 300 meters

Acceptable damage?

most trustworthy websites to buy surplus from?

I would say that it depends on target profile. A low flying aircraft, especially with terrain? Probably not. Given that the THAAD systems are made to intercept targets with a predictable flight profile at high altitude, i.e. not ground noise, I would say that it's at best not suited for such engagements. Much like you wouldn't engage aircraft with counter-mortar/artillery systems. Except maybe the modified CIWS gatling cannons for base defense...

>Patirot missiles can’t track slow moving objects (compared to jets and airplanes) like helicopters.
Is this true? I am much more familiar with Russian systems such as the S-300 and S-400 series. But even lesser Russian AD systems can track/engage helicopters.

What does the "up" and "right" on a rifle scope's adjustment knobs actually change? And for instance, if you are shooting high right, what direction would you turn your knobs and why?

Total newbie to optics, just trying to figure it out a bit before I dive in.

Attached: fiero.jpg (494x519, 32K)

They change the Point of Impact, so if you are aiming at the center of your target and you're hitting high and to the right, you adjust the "Right" more to the left and "Up" more towards the down. Basically you shoot, observe the impact, adjust, shoot again, observe again, and make adjustments as necessary. Eventually your point of aim and point of impact will coincide and then you're good. Be mindful of the fact that this varies with range, so if you zero it for 100 yards it may not be the same at 200 yards, depending on what caliber and barrel length you're shooting. .22LR for exactly exhibits wildly different characteristics at short ranges whereas 5.56, .308, etc will hold more true along a wider set of ranges, due to the fact that they're being pushed downrange with more power.

>for exactly

*for example

oops

How much semen must I load in a shotshell for it to be lethal?

Easy: All of it

Well, time for me to start making loads and suck start my shotgun. Thanks!

>and suck start my shotgun

user, that's the first good idea you've had in years!

In a post firearms ban situation would .22lr be your best bet for home defense?
what would be a reasonable sound difference estimate of the sound outside if you were to shoot inside your house?

Attached: FB_IMG_1545532403370.jpg (436x434, 34K)

you can't use a conventional bolt carrier because the T91 is gas piston operated, it has a flat spot where the gas key is on an AR-15.

Would go clean trough and also shrek the boards on it. The crew would get a taste of how bad things really are, due to the amount of bowlingball-sized holes the ship would quickly sink. Stupid question

That webm is neat but wouldn't that fuck up follow up shots a bit. I realise it is in slow motion.

In that case I'd recomend a full auto open bolt subsonic .22.
>relativly quiet
>sound could easily be mistaken for anything else if someone hears
>very deadly
>easy to produce
>inb4, weak .22
I think 20-30 holes of .22 will stop anyone not wearing body armor

>bowlingball-sized
t, noguns

good thing he has the eotech on top for cqb

thanks for the info, I fell pretty confident about my trigger finger to not get spicy with the atf tho.
But what would be the best subsonic load for this purpose?
I looked into the CCI quiets but I want a bit more speed and power to cycle my 10/22 while maintaining sub sonic, what would be your recommendation?
also would it be a bad Idea to alternate between solid nose 40 gr. and the segmented HP?
was thinking about doing that with a magazine like pic related and magdumping really fast with a 10/22

Attached: 1022drum.png (600x255, 89K)

He said .50, not .45 ACP.

>I fell pretty confident about my trigger finger to not get spicy with the atf tho.
>In a post-firearms-ban situation.
If we're talking British levels of noguns, then you might as well have a coat hanger full auto seer on basically everything you'd be willing to pull the trigger on. Also have a place to hide the body (or bodies).
Also an escape plan. Because the gang that broke in to steal your wealth and fuck your women is probably wearing badges.

as a man who hunts with one of these, no

Hi, I just cleaned my pistol barrel with clp. Do I need to apply Hoppe's oil inside it or is the CLP enough? I used grease for the outside of the barrel.

Attached: swbarrel.jpg (880x660, 28K)

I have that gun. Mines pretty old. And doesn't have that funny thing on the end.

Is a coyote a fair analog for humans when getting a feel for cartridge effectiveness? Meaning for example if a certain bullet made 4 out of 5 coyotes DRT then it’s safe to assume the same likelihood on a human? Or is a hog a better analog? I know bears are too big.

I would research into the width of both chest cavities and the relating blood volume as well as weight.
Most larger mammals have similar enough vital organ patterns to be decently similar.
however a major difference will be the angle, (IE coyotes are mostly shot from the side while humans are mostly frontal impact)
that could very well determine the effectiveness of lower power cartridges as on the prior both lungs and quite possibly heart will be impacted.
Regardless weight and blood volume will give you a rough estimate of stopping power (hydro-static shock).

Yes

Reposting from the handgun thread

Looking for a new 22 handgun

Local big box has a used Ruger New Bearcat for $250, looks virtually unfired;as well as a Colt Woodsman 3rd series for $350. It's in pretty good shape except for a couple scratches in the bluing on the slide.

If you could only choose one which would you pick?

CLP is a 3-in-1. You are fine by just using that but a substance that's designed specifically to protect the gun will always outperform something that's just made to do a meh job a cleaning, greasing, and protecting.

They have to actually work, first.

What kind of bowling ball is half an inch wide, user?

Trying to decide what IR device to get. It’s between a perst 4 and any other US made system.
My needs are positive ID inside 200m, and consistent aiming capability, Stable mounting, and durable. I don’t require IR illuminator because I have that capability with my white light. What do Jow Forumsomrades? I want the best bang for my buck and good performance but I don’t know what to get without making some arbitrary choice. Also system will be mounted at 12 o’clock.

Go to a shop or show that lets you look through glass before you buy. Everyone's eyes are different; FFP is about all I'd want to use.

peq-15

bear cat if i wan on a strict budget and just wanted to shoot. woodsman if i wanted something fun but didnt mind the possibility of spending more. you want more magazines and there probably is something broken or about to be broken in it that needs replacement.

Atpial-c?

Goats are the closest analog to human bone and skeletal structure.

Is it normal for pistol lights to melt? Just had a x300u on for the first time and the top of the bezel is singed from the muzzle blast.

melt no
have cosmetic finish damage or have the lens covered in crap yes

Neat. What shotgun is that?

Either a Browning Auto 5 or Remington Model 11

Why are free floating barrels said to be more accurate? Doesn't that make them vibrate and shift around after every shot kinda like a door stopper? Not as exaggerated, but you get the idea. Always thought having a stock or something clamping it solid to prevent it from shifting would lead to followup shots being more on target but apparently I'm wrong.

tl;dr how do i "barrel harmonics"

Attached: door miss.jpg (1600x1067, 107K)

11-87 guy here, that's an Auto-5. Cool as hell.

Stocks/forends aren't really the straightest thing and they can pull the barrel in directions that aren't in line with the sighs. Free floating releases any tension thats on the barrel allowing it to point straight. Warping isn't that much of an issue unless you're using pencil barrels and trying to compete with lmgs in the volume of fire department.

Assuming you use a consistent load in a free float, it should "vibrate" the exact same way everytime, so your shots should be landing consistently in one area. A non free floated barrel can be affected by something as simple as you gripping the handguard harder or softer, or even the positioning your hand differently, changing the barrel harmonics

>Why are free floating barrels said to be more accurate?
because people are idiots who love generalizing things.
free floating is 1 of multiple ways to end up with an accurate rifle. however people heard free floating is the best and try to shove it on everything. if you free float a lee enfield you just ruined your gun.
its like people hear full tang knives are good therefore every knife that isnt full tang is a pile of shit which is wrong. plenty of knives without full tangs are fine.
or they hear about 3d printing being the future therefore everything should be 3d printed even if its more time consuming and less efficient.

thanks, I was thinking on how old fudds would bed the stock with fiberglass or epoxy and modern gunowners go for free floating barrels but both are completely opposite methods yet both claim to accurize a gun so clearly one of em had to be bullshit

both are valid ones just more time consuming with more room for error which is why its fallen out of favor. however you can still get an accurate gun out of the old way.

It should be able to track helos and other slow aircraft.
The bigger thing I heard of was it being indiscriminate.
Apparently in the first gulf war, airforce pilots were avoiding them/shooting at them because they had a nasty habit of pinging allied planes

Do I have to start with a 10/22 or can I jump straight into a 5.56 AR without developing a flinch?

you can jump to 5.56 no problem soldiers do it all the time.
the real question is if your wallet can handle it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PZnGFA5uaNM

Sure, recoil is mild and easily controlled with anything but the lightest AR pistols.

Starting with a 10/22 is more about the old idea that it cheap-to-feed gun to give to a teenage boy and let him burn though a thousand rounds over a summer. That's still a great idea and makes for a very happy 14 year old, but if you are buying your own ammo and can afford it just fine then no reason not to get an AR.

I've never bought a handgun from a retailer. Apparently I live in a "permit to purchase" state (MN), which applies to any gun with a pistol grip. Anyone have experience with this? Do I need to pay for some bullshit permit prior to buying a handgun? Or is it just a scam and you don't actually need it?

Why tf you gotta be 21 to buy ammo online

Go black to reddit, newfag

10/22's are cheap as chips. Just buy both.

you dont just lie faggot its like pirating music nothing happens

Is a VP9 small enough for comfortable CCW?

How destructive can I make the load of a 37mm shell without it being destructive?

Century arms any good? Want a sportster

Attached: c308-wood-2585_web.jpg (3840x2560, 601K)

thats completely up to you. the sk series is somthing you can look into. i carry a p30sk and i find it too uncomfortable for all day carry. its fine if i can go home and take it off during the day but an actual all day carry is kind of a pain

Century arms is literally the worst company in firearms right now.

Don't do it. There's a reason it's cheap.

Unironically insightful, thanks.

Inspect it before you buy it. Purchased one a few years ago and never had any problems with it.

Attached: 12485747493.png (300x300, 206K)

Too elaborate some, check the space Bolt Gap and the general other things to watch out for when buying a new gun. The earlier ones that they made are Khyber pass tier.

You want a bolt gap between .004" and .020" Closer to 0.013" the better.

Onegun fag here, what other thing should i look for?

Ground bolt heads.

Their (US made) AKs are literally a ticking timebomb. Here's an example.
youtube.com/watch?v=--huHeRUZ0E
To give some background, James Yeager rather loudly proclaimed these guns were fine and he invited (dared) anyone who doubted it to come and see firsthand and film it. So MAC did, and the guns failed absolutely horribly. The barrels are not properly secured, which allows the headspace to vary. This can lead to the gun genuinely blowing the fuck up, as the case is no longer supported properly by the chamber. No gun, no matter how cheap should do this. Do not buy guns like this under any circumstance.

The guns they assemble like the c308 are put together from some US parts (receiver and barrel) which Century does not make. The rest of the parts are from used, military surplus parts kits. Theoretically these guns are higher quality than Century's self-produced guns. However, the same retarded monkeys that put together the garbage unsafe guns are the ones deciding if your used parts are in spec when it is put together, whether they are too worn to use, etc. These guns vary greatly in quality, but at least some of them work. At least two of these have been documented blowing up that I know of. Numerous have been found to have out of spec rollers. One would fire immediately upon chambering. Avoid. Again, it's cheap for a reason.

Century imported guns like the WASR are fine. The only thing they do to those guns is widen the magwell to accept proper AK magazines, as the gun is imported as a single-stack to meet legal requirement bullshit. I took them like a decade to get right, but they finally work.

I would still recommend you to support a company that isn't actively pushing unsafe garbage, even when considering their guns that are ok.

Attached: centurymonkey1.jpg (750x600, 203K)

Could I comfortably carry a holster with a thumb scabbard open? I like the idea of the extra control of my gun in certain situations while holstered but don’t want the extra step of the thumb break all the time.

Attached: 3B7B4813-7A7E-4973-B628-31976C06FBB3.jpg (214x236, 10K)