GATE Live Action is sitting on shelves of Hollywood

What is basically a live action version of GATE is just waiting to be made.

Basically a modern military force is brought to Rome and they have to survive and find a way back.

I remember that the script has already been written, and that they may just be waiting for an audience before they make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=46gZuEYRCS4

Attached: 8254237.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PWN-g6yH_7o
youtube.com/watch?v=min2ohR8j3U
youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
youtube.com/watch?v=An3t39SGSUE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Time
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd watch it.

Nothing too special. Hollywood options pretty much everything just in case. 90% those options never go anywhere.

Stop making me sad user :(

Will there be sexy cat/bunny/fox/etx. chicks? That's all I need to know

Y'all realize its already been made into a movie, ne?

Attached: sg.jpg (580x859, 106K)

Also Rory, best loli, she better be there

Could have sworn I read a book with that exact same premise.

I need more, user. I need more.

Watch SG1. It's great shit.

I will, I just need even more stuff like it

Oh good Hollywood owns it. Can't wait for the protagonist to be female and have random minorities inserted for no reason.

And don’t forget the evil white male and the smelly shitskin nigger that hiphop speaks everytime he opens his boot lips

If it was pre-2007 Hollywood making it, I'd be okay with this. Hell, it'd probably turn out better than GATE ever could, simply because GATE had so many dumb moments, generic anime tropes, and harem filler bullshit that it ruined an otherwise entertaining setting.

Hollywood today? I wouldn't let them touch anything I even half enjoyed, let alone trust them to come up with something remotely original. Those talentless hacks can just stick to remaking Star Wars, Ghostbusters, and capeshit until the heat death of the universe.

Attached: 1548439134722.png (567x589, 251K)

gate won't be made it's really no fun watching helpless spear/bow guys get mowed down by machine guns also magical lolies fighting dragons with a oversized battle axe might not be normie friendly

Attached: last.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

>also magical lolies fighting dragons with a oversized battle axe might not be normie friendly
Especially if she's creaming her panties the whole time

since were here any info on the navy jmsdf gate show? looks like the guy is running around with those tanker uzis. They have a sub and a destroyer in the pics and the highest ranking jap officer i could not figure out what trope he would be.

>Hollywood
So basically it will manage to be the same as every Hollywood shitfest we’ve seen before and all the main characters will be lesbians, niggers and Asians just to rub it in our faces? I’m in!

>final count down - gi samurai - gate - hollywood guys in rome.

just give me stargate or a stargate video game fps.

That's not necessarily a sure thing. Edge of tomorrow is the best adaption of a Japanese property Hollywood has done, and that wasn't even 5 years ago. Alita isn't even that bad. You just need a director who liked the IP beforehand, as opposed to some random director who was just assigned to the project by a committee.

Well there already is movie pretty close to that.

Its just that its more of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings meets Bad Boys or COPS

Attached: XkFtZTgw1_.jpg (1382x2048, 1.46M)

>sacrificed his career and his goodwill with fans TWICE to get his son a job in hollywood
>lays low
>resurgence in career

what a great dad that will smith .

Yaaaaaaa

>edge of tomorrow
Isn’t that the one with the STRONG FEMALE lead character? Nah, fuck that. Typical Hollywood garbage.

>STRONG FEMALE lead character
Well, it pretty much acknowledges that she's just some propaganda piece and without the alien power she would have died immediately

But that's literally in the source material. Besides, shes not a real "strong female character" because the only reason she survived is because of magic timestop powers (by her own admission), once she loses that shes completely defenseless and reliant on tom cruise.

The fact that females are allowed in combat at all is regressive.

She should be in a kitchen.

>STRONG FEMALE
Director kept element from the orginal jap story? OUTRAGEOUS.

Attached: jannymobile.png (506x380, 438K)

>triggered

Stargate atlantis, the 3-4 stargate movies. Just avoid SGU.

You must be at least 18 to post on this christian taiwanese girl cartoons imageboard user!

So what do you actually want? You claim that females in combat roles is jewy hollywood propaganda, in a thread advocating the adaption of a property which features females in combat roles, from an artistic medium that features females in combat roles overwhelmingly more than most. Like, how do you reconcile viewing such things as regressive while watching anime, which has all of that and more?

Maybe it won't be a big JSDF wankfest and more of a recruitment add like that Battlefield LA movie

i don't understand the appeal of this show at all
it's dudes with modern equipment and guns fighting against dudes with swords and shit
zulu at least has the appeal of the few against the many but gate is just people getting mowed down by a vastly superior force

First of all, it's nothing like GATE. Second, that movie sucked.

True, good things do come out of Hollywood once in a while, but I'd rather see something similar to GATE done by, I dunno, fucking Amazon Prime as a couple of 12 episode TV seasons. One of the things I really liked about GATE was the politics involved; the power struggle between the factions in the fantasy world, and the fact that Japan now had access to an entire world where even their mediocre military was in a basically untouchable position, and they had the rest of Earth breathing down their neck because of the sheer amount of resources and land that they could theoretically seize. There's the debate of ethics and morality when it came to invading and occupation, the clash of cultures, the sharing of technology, all the stuff that makes for a good sci-fi story.

I feel like a movie about a similar scenario would be wasted simply because you can't really fit all that in to a 2 hour action flick, no matter how good the director is. Sure, I enjoy the gratuitous violence involving a modern military force mowing down wave after wave of medieval soldier just as much as the next Jow Forumsommando, but I doubt such a movie would do anything interesting with the premise.

no one cares just hope for more webms you sperg.

same for eva. it seems like kids without dads really like eva

Unironically in that scenario it makes sense. You're fighting a technologically advanced extraterrestrial species that seems bent on exterminating all human life (and thusfar has been unstoppable). That's the scenario when you go full total war because it's all or nothing.

Ark of Truth was shit, Continuum was gud

1632 Series by Eric Flint

Anything ori heavy is pretty shit in general. They should have ended sg1 after they defeated the goa'uld and replicators.

Time slip, a movie from 1979 where japanese marines go back in time to sengoku age

youtu.be/PWN-g6yH_7o

god damn that was 79? thought it was 85 or later ish.

>japanese marines

you sure i thought the Naval special landing force was reestablished in the late 2000s

One thing I have often thought about for this sort of story, what if the current day side is given significant prep time and budget but for plot reasons their means of traveling to the other world has very limited amounts of people and equipment it can transport, it also can't be used frequently, say only every 90 days or so.

Their objective will require combat but also requires retrieval of an object or person which rules out blowing up things from afar. Assuming they can send a few squads and whatever they can carry how do they handle what equipment to take? It's unlikely they can ration ammunition for 3 months, how would they adapt? Armor and melee weapons made from modern materials? Something like electrically actuated crossbows and equipment to recharge them?

Attached: 31442384.PIC28502.jpg (800x600, 124K)

>prep time
this aint a batman post is it?
>nukes
this isnt a no nukes post is it?

>this aint a batman post is it?
Most of the time in these sort of stories the modern side is transported without warning or time to prepare equipment.

Stargate and Gate have very convenient transport methods that allow constant resupply and logistics that work well with existing military equipment. Despite having time to prepare there's little need for custom equipment.

Is it possible to be both surprised and unsurprised at the fact that somebody already came up with an idea?

Tbh I would've preferred instead of the Ori shit they just made the SG project public, so we get to see Earth take it's place as a major power, competing groups who want to diplomatic and others who want to manifest destiny, etc.

Based and redpilled

i'd be happy with a "final countdown" remake

youtube.com/watch?v=min2ohR8j3U

This is based on a post on reddit from like 2010 or 11. Someone asked r/historians or something how long an MEU could last if they were suddenly transported to the height of the Roman Empire. Dude wrote a bit about it before some studio payed him for it and he stopped. Last I heard, Hollywood had changed it to just being a small Spec Ops team.

youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

You are aware some of havent watched more than a few movies in the last few years because of SJW insertion crap, baaaaaaaad casting or worse case of rewriting the works that made it get picked in the first place right? I'd rather they not touch anything good until they straighten their shit out. Then maybe an action movie may be possible? Lastest movies I watched that I really enjoyed:
>Deadpool (1 and 2)
>Knights of Badassdom
>Bad Ass
Man I miss space sci-fi. A few others have been good but nothing really worth remembering to I'd watch again.

Basically Skyrim in the 21st century. Pretty good.

Is it about a marine battalion sent back to the Roman Empire? Pretty sure we argued about it here at some point.

Fuck off reddit

>Modern military force goes back in time...

Its been done sempai

Attached: finalcountdown.jpg (1952x2967, 1.95M)

>thinking people can't use more than one website to waste time in college 9 years ago
>thinking plebbit is the reason everything got shitty, rather than newfag like him
I miss when this place wasn't full zoomers

I want cowboys vs knights.

But there needs to be MORE!!!

>Alita isn't even that bad
Alita was the first mango I ever read. I hope those talentless hollywood hacks all get dick cancer.

Attached: 1520370124187.jpg (778x1191, 301K)

What if that ship that went back was German.
That would be more interesting the a USA circle jerk.

How will that movie be interesting when it’s clear that several squads of marines would wreck the shit of the Roman Empire easily?

Nigger, have you not seen the shit show that was Thot in the Shell and Deathflix, where the directors actively fucked up the continuity of the OG mangos, something the GoTS/DN animes (and in Death Note’s case, Japanese live action movies) didn’t even do? At this point you should be wondering why talantless Western directors and producers want to make this shit when it’s inevitably shit.

I thought they were already making a movie like that and they ruined it with nonsense?

It’s not even like the recent past where there’s a bit of ambivalence about who’s going to win like this one anime where a Japanese Coast Guard ship is sent back to WW2 Japan and has to fight fucking Japanese battleships of that era. That would be interesting. It’s literally just guys with guns BTFOing guys without guns minus the actual tension of something like Zulu

I watched GiTS (Hollywood Ver) with my Father. He enjoyed it more than I did, him having not seen the original film. When we got home, I suggested we watch the original, and when we did he quickly agreed that the Hollywood one was worse.

is this based on the philadelphia experiment?

No. Hollywood is hard gay.

just before the entire carrier air wing is about to BTFO the japanese first wave they get called back, I hated that dick tease as a kid.

That would never slide in the west. Only Nipland can tolerate sexualized children. No, "3000 year old demon" arguments will not save you from the general public.

youtube.com/watch?v=An3t39SGSUE
it's gate but not cringy gay shit, i can remember every music that played in this movie

So it's just gonna be star gate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Time

>Many of the 2021 ships materialize in the middle of the US fleet that is steaming to engage the Japanese at the Battle of Midway, including one vessel which materializes into the structure of a 1942 ship, with horrific results. When the mystery fleet suddenly appears, the Americans mistake them for the enemy (due to the presence of Japanese vessels in the 2021 fleet) and they begin firing on them.

>Matters are further complicated by the fact that the chaotic nature of the Nagoya's "time bubble" has transported some 2021 ships to locations far from the main group, and these vessels variously fall into the hands of the Japanese, the Germans and the Soviets. After the Japanese capture an Indonesian ship from the 2021 fleet, they discover what they did not know in the conventional version of history - that the US fleet had not been crippled by the Pearl Harbor attack, as they thought, and that the Americans have broken their military codes and are fully aware of the Japanese battle plans. Acting on these revelations, Admiral Yamamoto immediately turns his fleet around, and the Battle of Midway never takes place.

>Another vessel is captured by the Germans and as they learn more about the future outcome of the war they halt and abandon their ill-fated invasion of Russia and prepare for an all-out assault on the United Kingdom. Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin become allies and purge their military forces of anyone they believe to be a traitor.

Attached: John_Birmingham_axis_of_time-Final_Impact_cover.jpg (246x404, 26K)

No, that movie is actually called the Philadelphia Experiment

Final Countdown is the USS Nimitz goes to 1941, angsts about the what to do, and when they decide to BTFO the Japanese fleet attacking Pearl Harbor, they get sucked back to the present.

Kinda like Zipang

Don't have a Zipang pic, but I have one from the same manga-ka about guys who travel back in time to become The Beatles

Attached: 051.png (956x1400, 390K)

>b-but sword and bows vs guns is boring
When it comes to these kinds of stories, people tend to forget that it's not just about the fighting. But then again, if you have you cater it to a braindead American audience, there will be nothing but a plot that relies on badly directed (CGI) fighting and one famous token actor.

Attached: 1461410131390.jpg (600x959, 144K)