Is it true what everyone says about the USMC, is it really filled with lots of idiots compared to the other branches?

Is it true what everyone says about the USMC, is it really filled with lots of idiots compared to the other branches?

Attached: f4b.png (1008x814, 373K)

no

More idiots? No, probably not. More idiots per capita? Yes, absolutely.

The reason the Muhreens attract so many tards is because for the average civilian it's made out to be this elite special forces type of thing that's only populated by the toughest, meanest sons of bitches on the planet. You can thank propaganda and Hollyjew movies for that.

BUT, there is a little bit of truth behind that. Back in the day, the Marine Corps actually was the closest thing the US had for an elite group. Whereas the Army and Navy (pre-WWI) was mostly made up of short-time volunteers that didn't do a whole lot (because the US wasn't very involved on the global stage), the Marines were primarily composed of professional career soldiers. They were the ones that enforced US gunboat diplomacy overseas by going into places like Shanghai, the Philippines, and Haiti to put down insurrections and enforce US foreign policy. They were basically the equivalent of the modern day SAS or something, the tough mother fuckers you'd send in if you needed to get some important diplomat or politician the fuck out of dodge because shit was going down and brown people were lynching white people. That in addition to their textbook role of being amphibious infantry, of course.

All of that started to change around WWII and Vietnam. The Marines increasingly became a "cannon fodder" service, a way to send troops into the front lines to assault positions using the cheapest and most out-of-date equipment. How in the world would you get people to sign up for that though?

Easy. You tell them that only the biggest, baddest motherfuckers on the planet can be a Marine. Want to join the Army? Yeah, sure, that's where the pussies go. If you want to be a Marine you've got to eat nails for breakfast and be the size of a bear. You've got to be a marksman comparable to a sniper, and you've got to be able to kill a man with your bare hands. That's the line that the recruiter's basically feed to high school kids.

Attached: Marine Corps officer dress blues.jpg (700x704, 47K)

Whats with this sting of subpar threads lately?

they have a higher proportion of combat arms, don't they? That might be the source of the meme

This is sorta true, many things wrong with it though. Also, some people actually want to be cannon fodder. Whether it’s just desperation to see action or they’re just depressed/suicidal

Some kids have finally found their way to other boards besides /b/
Sorta, it’s more of just the “elite, rapid deployment” meme though

Attached: 27C7EC41-06D8-400D-9166-1DA436A47B87.jpg (3007x1921, 1.56M)

This is very accurate

What's wrong with it? Anyone who isn't blinded by interservice rivalry and has even a passing interest in military history will tell you that prior to WWI, the Marine Corps was basically the only branch of the military that was actually composed of career soldiers, with the exception of the Navy. After the Civil War and prior to WWI, the US Army was more or less just a small (relatively) volunteer force. Bigger than the Marine Corps, of course, but its deployments were limited in scope and mostly composed of volunteers (Spanish-American War, Poncho Villa Expedition, etc.). It wasn't until WWII that the Army became the professional powerhouse that it is today.

I'm not saying that's how it is today, that's just how it was in the past. WWII was our first war where we suddenly required a massive number of troops for amphibious assaults, same with Korea. But the Vietnam War turned into a meatgrinder and we suddenly needed more and more warm bodies to fill uniforms, and the Marines gradually evolved into what they are today.

I'm not saying everyone in the Marine Corps is some roided up moron, I've met plenty of Marines that are good people, and intelligent as well. They've definitely got a lot of experience in their senior officers, and most of their NCOs are very professional as well. But the big attraction for many people joining them is their "espirit du corps" they've developed over the years, their recruiters have definitely done a good job of making them out to be super soldiers ("The Few, The Proud, The Marines"). It gives them this mystique that it's a very tight-knit group of warriors, and that's what attracts a lot of young kids right out of high school.

The result is that by sheer numbers there's less dipshits in the Marines than a lot of other branches, but it's all concentrated into a very small pool so it gives the impression that Marines are more retarded than they really are.

Attached: marine-corps-1.jpg (1600x1067, 221K)

Gotchya, great explaination
Whole reason why I avoid /b/ and Jow Forums

good post. especially this:
>Back in the day, the Marine Corps actually was the closest thing the US had for an elite group. Whereas the Army and Navy (pre-WWI) was mostly made up of short-time volunteers that didn't do a whole lot (because the US wasn't very involved on the global stage), the Marines were primarily composed of professional career soldiers. They were the ones that enforced US gunboat diplomacy overseas

I should add that the Marines also used to be the easiest way to go to war with somebody without actually having to go through Congress to get a declaration of war, and to some extant this still holds true to day. Back in the day the US populace was less inclined to send their boys off to some foreign shithole we had business in, but post-WWII we've become accustomed to being the policeman of the world, and now declarations of war are very easily hidden by labeling it as a "peacekeeping operation" or "humanitarian aid" or some shit like that, which makes it easier to get the Army and Air Force involved.

I'll also make an addendum that I'm not a Marine myself, I'm just a guy with a fanatic interest in naval history, and learning a lot about the Marine Corps has been a big part of that.

Attached: Marines drag a casualty from the street during the Battle of Hue City.jpg (750x422, 123K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MESS

PARADE NOTHING SOUNDS LIKE A HERD OF CATTLE

Attached: WHAT_THE_FUCK.jpg (1594x278, 66K)

>pudgy motherfucker falling asleep in the front row
you gots til oh-dark-thirty to unfuck yaself

How come no other Marine Corps in their countries are like this? The closest one that’s similar to the US’s is South Koreas but everyone else’s Marines are all just navy infantrymen that never leave the boat

I pray this is just a conspicuously fancy route march out of step

because South Korea is based, fight me.

Attached: ROK_Ready.jpg (2448x3264, 584K)

>route step
not during pass and review. they don't look that bad honestly, but at a glance they look awful.

Britain's Marines are very similar to ours, because our Marine Corps was actually based almost entirely on the British model. If you want to go really far back into history, Portuguese Marines used to serve the same function as ours have in the past, they used them to fuck with various Indian and African kingdoms and hold governments hostage until they agreed to give them their precious shekels.

As for why so many other countries only use their "marines" in the strictest sense of being naval infantry, I don't really have a good answer. I'm not sure why the Brits and us developed a clear distinction between "marine" and "sailor" whereas other nations' marines were just naval infantry that was stationed ashore. It's something I'll have to do more research on, but my assumption is that the British/Americans/other colonial nations were doing a lot more assaults on fortified coastal positions and required something more professional and "soldiery" than just a sailor with a gun.

Attached: Battle of Incheon.jpg (600x737, 84K)

>was basically the only branch of the military that was actually composed of career soldiers, with the exception of the Navy.
So.. basically the only one. Except the other one. And the only one that wasn't is the Army. Got it.

Colonies. iirc the French marine equivalent used to be similar as well, but they call sailors marines or some shit because frog speak.

I threw the Navy bit in there because the Navy obviously had plenty of experienced officers that were capable seamen. The skills required of a career sailor and the skills required of a career soldier are very different, and I was also referring to the Army Air Corps before it became its own service branch, as well as the Coast Guard which used to be a variety of different services before they were all merged into one department.

Calm down and have a picture of a Russian twink

Attached: Soviet naval infantry.jpg (1532x2282, 244K)

He's not pudgy, he's jacked. He's probably a pallbearer. Those guys look chubby, but they're fucking jacked because all they do all day is lift so that they can perfectly execute military funerals- not to mention the fact that the Marine Corps uses 4 pallbearers as opposed to the 6 of other branches. He might look pudgy, but that fucker can snap you in half

>t. the pudgy fat marine in the front row

Marines are hardchargers. It makes them great fighters, but it also means they bite off more than they can chew, whether it's a massive Hawaiian native or a Crayola 64 pack. The other branches think the Marines are retarded because they don't understand Marines. If you're a Marine, you're a Marine. If you're not, you just see a bunch of retards with egos.

The other branches think Marines are retarded because they do more and more severe dumb shit on a per capita basis than any other branch
>1/4 the size of the US Army, comparing active component to active component
>twice as many DUI, 5x as many domestic violence charges
And then there's the stupid shit the senior leadership makes them do
>hey we're fighting a major insurgency in an urban area, in the desert, in summer
>yeah let's make our grunts carry M2HBs, plus tripods, plus 1k rounds and have a walking gun line through a fucking city
>w-what do you mean they got fucking slaughtered and the Army had to bail them out????

As far as actual idiots, the army by far has the majority of them. The Marine Corps gets ragged on because of their retarded culture. It's a bunch of gung-ho bullshit with arbitrary military bullshit x10. The act and do certain things because that's the way it's always been done.

The “truth” about the military
8.5/10 people that do basic will afterwards be more focused driven people
A very few idiots and maniacs won’t make the cut
The military will train you for free (mostly)
The military will pay for your college (if you join the right programs)
The smart people will exit the military immediately after their first enlistment unless in wartime or motivated by patriotism
The military will indoctante you and use you
They will lie to you and ask you to commit war crimes
The military of today is an imperial power of the banks instead of an actual national defense force
Just a thought

Yeah

Attached: 15624783_1207190499328938_4184410779056865280_n.jpg (750x844, 153K)

Is it wrong to stay in past your first enlistment?

Well shit user, better go tell my dad to quit, he's been in the Navy since 1984 so clearly he's an idiot. Be right back, asking him if he commited any war crimes recently.

no, every branch is filled with fucking morons, as well as some reasonably normal people.

Being a Marine pre-20th century must have been something else.

Attached: U.S. Marines and the Assault of Fort Fisher.jpg (1631x1067, 587K)

That is a great post.

>Portuguese Marines used to serve the same function as ours have in the past, they used them to fuck with various Indian and African kingdoms and hold governments hostage until they agreed to give them their precious shekels.
Thats so fucking badass.

Yes, but most of it is just banter. They also used to have the lowest required ASVAB score so other branches shat on them for it.

>Some kids have finally found their way to other boards besides /b/
>/b/ still being a thing
/b/ has been dead for almost 5 years, all the newfags come from /v/ and Jow Forums

I'd have to disagree, it depends on what theater of war you're talking about. In the late 1800's the army saw little service, but during the Indian wars out west they saw plenty of service especially the cavalry.
Though in the Army the cavalry also get shit on for being a bunch of retards, so you might be onto something

Attached: 1st cav.jpg (1024x682, 508K)

>lowest IQ requirement out of every other branch to join.

What do you think dumbass?

They literally weaponize retards.

Attached: 1550065645488.gif (480x270, 2.68M)

Oceanside fag here. I know two types of Marines. Young dumbfucks who can't shut the fuck up about earning their EGAs, and chill dudes who can be tough when needed. The dumbfucks tend to be POGs and of asian or hispanic descent. The other kind is mostly 03s and white.

I should add, I know a few reservists who act like they're fucking MARSOC and only talk about their life in the military when they've never been active duty.

all the branches, most of the government in fact, are majority bottom of the barrel humans. There's a few good people but there's 10x more shitbags.

this is too real

This too. The green weenie will fuck you hard and it takes a lot to escape their indoctrination. Those who believe they are resistant to brainwashing are the most susceptible to indoctrination.

And for other Marines out there who likes satirical reworded phrases as much as I do
>Semper I, fuck the other guy

its the same as the Army

>lowest IQ
>US military

Every branch of the US military looks like an inner-city school, I don't know how you could possibly deem any worse than another.

Attached: 1549927707865.gif (360x252, 413K)

Ex-Miltary base brat here
muhreens are shilled so hard in so-cal that even if you aren't retarded you find yourself interested in them
i scored really well on my asvab and could easily have justified joining the chair force, but like others have said ITT, muhreens have the "few the proud"
i miss training with those bastards
and for the record, incompetence is at every level of every branch of the military, the government, and society. you get someone who has a flash of brilliance and think "im gonna put in my 20 and never worry about a thing again!" Those guys also happen to be the ones who stop giving a shit 15 years in, and can rip you a new asshole if you piss them off enough to make a phone call

Marine officers are hard chargers who consistently make dubious choices because they want to charge hard. Generally very upstanding people who are pleasant when not in groups egging each other on. A minority are not and are creepy fuckers who consistently engage in sexual harrassment.

Marine enlisted are mostly dumber than dogshit in combat arms with an incredible propensity for causing pointless civil disturbances and committing stupid crimes. Logistics and other support seem a happier and more grounded bunch, with far fewer absolute fucking retards. Overall marine enlisted appear to work well only when they have strict and proscriptive instructions, otherwise they are a neverending wellspring of disgrace.

Culturally, very mission oriented across the ranks. A great can do attitude and less bureacracy than Army. The most disciplined of the services by far. I don't mind working with them, but don't particularly like having them around when not working.

Overall USN is the best service to work with from an Australian perspective by far. Relaxed but professional. Plenty of my colleagues have other views, quite a few of them much prefer to work with the US Army.

Source: Have seen way too many MRF-D rotations, worked with other services a number of other times.

Attached: 44900245_562909394161371_9140740598406316032_o.jpg (1152x2048, 180K)

>tfw my gf actually works for make a wish
>tfw laughed hard which i shouldn't have

forgive me.

Attached: 1b4c7887790f565a92287901a34cb77e.jpg (1651x2200, 614K)