What is the most lethal part of the body to get shot I think its the lungs

what is the most lethal part of the body to get shot I think its the lungs

Attached: 1515650130655.png (1244x1091, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Or the head for must people except OP of course.

heart, dummy.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (600x455, 53K)

Head. Even a small amount of damage is life changing if not ending. You can survive a lung shot. Very few survive getting popped in the head.

The dick. No self respecting man could live without his dick.

Attached: 1400346040849.jpg (1880x2816, 1.43M)

Assuming it's not a kill shot (head heart) it's the Femoral artery

I don't know, people have had rail spikes launched through their head and still come out cognitive, but how many people have recovered from a punctured lung?

Lethal? Head or heart

Wow my life sucks forever now: spinal cord

No your wrong

They teach every soldier how to treat sucking chest wounds, they teach how to use a decompression needle, how to position your wounded and watch for wavy chests and deviated tracheas. They don't teach shit about head injuries other than what to look for and "if he's still alive, don't touch a goddamn thing and get him out of there"

Remember that shit like that is rare, so rare that a hundred year old case is still talked about. A pneumothorax is scary, but treatable.

Attached: scar.jpg (704x938, 145K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LGBT_youth

Vesna Vulović survived a 33,000ft fall from an exploding plane.
By your logic, we don't need parachutes because a person had survived a fall from plane cruising height!

How quick is death from being shot in both lungs and the heart? I've tried looking up good 'timelines' of what happens to hunted animals when subjected to that perfect killshot, I'm very curious about the exact details of ballistic trauma, but it's hard finding anything very good or credible.

A minute or two at most, at least in humans.

Look up punctured heart and pneumothorax. Very quick death if not treated, especially if you start to get blood in the lung cavity.

Brain probably. The same lethality but also worse way to die would probably be getting shot in the spinal cord in the nape of your neck.

Heart or brain, then liver. You have a backup lung.

Brain Stem
Instadeath
You gotta T-zone, T-zone hard

Attached: fully semi.webm (1280x720, 177K)

Cognitive, sure. But there's wasn't a lot of documentation about his cognitive functions before his injury. I'd wager that having that rail spike shoved into his head did affect him mentally in some way, he just happened to get insanely lucky it didn't leave him completely mental, a vegetable, or just kill him.

>You have a backup lung
Even if only one lung is fucked you are going to have a hell of a time breathing.

I remember the case. There was no official documentation but those with relationships with the guy basically said "normal guy before hand, bit of a forgetful asshole after." It definitely effected him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
is this the guy youre talking about? He turned into a dick after he got injured most likely due to the damage to his brain.

>liver
I think you meant spleen. The liver is pretty hardy , but a ruptured spleen can kill you in minutes

>people have had rail spikes launched through their head and still come out cognitive
There's like 1 or 2 examples of that ever happening. They famous because of how fucking absurd and rare it is for that to happen.
>but how many people have recovered from a punctured lung?
A lot of people? Mortality rate for a collapsed lung is only 14%.

People will say the head but depending on where and what weapon system that isn't necessarily true. Bullets can and have bounced off the skull, travelled under the skin and exited without penetrating bone, or hit in a non-fatal area. Ideally you want to destroy the medulla but from the front the jaw can be a hindrance. It helps to imagine the head and neck in three dimensions with your target being the Foramen Magnum (the hole in the skull your spine is attached to). Your target area, should you be trying to switch someone off quickly and permanently, is the throat. Higher than 90% of all throat shots are fatal due to the thick veins and arteries that run through it and the easy access to the spinal column. There are almost no entry vectors into the neck that won't be quickly fatal. What makes the neck the ideal target is that, unlike the head, it doesn't hinge with the force and deflect that momentum. The drill you want to practice is called "stitch em up" and is a more efficient and effective version of the Mozambique drill. Start with your aim high thoracic (think top of the sternum), fire three to four shots and ride the recoil up the center line of the body. Typically this will result in a shot to the aortic arch, a shot somewhere in the neck and one in the head, preferably low on the face to minimize chance of deflection from the nasal sinus caving in. Keep in mind this is for an attacking target facing you. If the target is fleeing or facing away from you start at about the middle of the shoulder blades and ride the recoil up to the Foramen Magnum and occipital bone. Remember any fatal damage to the heart or lungs will kill the target but only after they've exhausted the current supply of oxygen in their blood, and the last thing you want to be fighting is someone who knows they're about to die with nothing left to lose.

Heart. Ive seen people take a round to the heart and live long enough to make it to a hospital only for a trama surgeon to say theres nothing he can do for them. But if you want true lights out immediately you have to hit the brain stem.

Gottem

Bullets =/= rail spikes. Pic related, and quite graphic.
If you get shot in the head and can still think or feel anything, consider yourself lucky.

Attached: 7.62x39 wound.png (624x466, 473K)

I lol-d, well done

The GSW there was the Australian version of SS109 and that damage is mostly from the bullet impacting the femur and both the bone and bullet going off like a hand grenade. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't. Keep that in mind and always aim for the face.

Heart > spine > hypocampus