Arts and Jow Forumsrafts

What Jow Forums related projects are you working on right now?

I’m making custom translucent pistol grips
>pic related

Attached: E24294C2-9C91-464E-B007-E61C379A0C07.jpg (3024x4032, 3.27M)

Kind of neat. Wouldn't want one myself personally however.

Oh shit dude, how are these grips going along? Haven't seen you in a while.

Good. I got my pressure tank working so no more bubbles. I’m molding the latest grip right now so I’ll be able to see how it turns out in a little less than 24 hours

Attached: 28BF4A1A-78B6-49DD-86FB-D8C72EF058CF.jpg (2838x3784, 1.86M)

Attached: IMG-3037.jpg (3228x2156, 1.57M)

Compound bow. I wanted to get a 3d printer to disguise the pulley system on it. A shell that clamps on or something and looks cool aesthetically like wings or something. It's like the number one reason I dislike compound bows, the exposed pulley system just looks tacky.

can you make me a set for pic related?

Attached: Kiss-3665-Edit__98234.1546613493[1].jpg (608x608, 26K)

Sure, if you send me the grips you want molded.

My priority right now is completing LCR grips and however many order I get for those though

contact info? I plan on buying one of those volleyfire revolvers as soon as they go on sale and I'd kill for some amber blade runner grips for it

>[email protected]

Might as well start taking orders I guess

Mostly 3d printing shit

Trying to make some ergo grips for my pietta 1858, learning how to do finger grooves (probably should've picked something easier than solidworks to learn on)

And also reverse engineering speed-loaders for my Model 27

Attached: 20190218_204642.jpg (4032x1960, 2.71M)

Oh and I just finished all the cabinetry for an old bank safe i picked up.
Super happy with how it turned out

Gonna paint it white to look like a fridge

Attached: 20190210_163847.jpg (4032x1960, 2.64M)

How interested would you be in designing an LCR grip?

Haha, maybe one day. But I'm still only really amateur at Solidworks.
Anything outside mostly geometric shit is beyond me at the moment

Also might be a bit of a pain seeing as i'm in straya

Ah ok

I’m still looking for a 3D-printer fag that would want to design an original LCR grip. It would be a beautiful partnership

It does sound like a cool project.
The grips in the OP image are slick as fuck
I've been following the progress for a while.

I'll pop up in these threads from time to time, so maybe I can help out at some point. Who knows man.
Either way, all the best

I chose the hogue grips since they were the closest to this concept image, and they allowed for a full, three fingered grip

A custom grip could definitely get closer to the bladerunner aesthetic though

Attached: 51EFA864-A8F8-4B6E-8E74-C40F70600B56.jpg (720x720, 127K)

Thanks, though. Feel free to contact me via the email posted above if you think you can help with the design

ty I will email when this thing finally releases

I am working on a very small three barrelled pepperbox type of pistol with three triggers and three hammers chambered in .17HM2...

I am not very far so I don't have any pics, but here is the little revolver I made myself... pic related

Attached: 20180830_065523.png (1038x779, 945K)

Nice how’d you make that yourself??

Another pic with the wooden box I made for it

Attached: Revolver.jpg (789x789, 117K)

Machined it from tool steel polished it and then goldplated it
Took me a few months

Attached: revolver parts0.png (1440x810, 1.2M)

Does it actually function? So it was machined from a solid chunk of metal? That’s pretty fuckin cool

and here is the flaregun adapter that shoots 7 rounds of .22lr simultaneously

Attached: flaregun .22 adapter.png (810x1440, 921K)

Large shotgun primer powers the strikers... I got the idea from those 40mm grenade launcher adapters

Attached: wut0.png (810x1440, 1.46M)

That’s metal as fuck

How do you design these things?

I'll be interested in those for my 1858 aswell, care to snap a few pics once you'll be done?

Are you willing to take orders from yurop? I am following your efforts from the start, and would want some orange goodness for my PA63 (hungarian PP clone), but i don't have the inclination to get a vacuum chamber.

Why would I build something that doesn't function?
I actually machined it from multiple solid blocks of steel but yes
I design those by imagining it and then draw some the parts on paper...
It helps that I'm working as a machinist for 10 years now and that I studied mechanical engineering, but I've built guns before that also...
A friend once said to me "there is nothing a motivated man with a file can't build"

Attached: revolver10.png (1440x810, 1.21M)

No worries my dude.
I'll upload it to thingiverse as well when i finish it, so keep an eye on there. Might be a while tho

So you do all of the machining manually, and not through CAD or some automated machining or something (I don’t know how any of that shit works)

I don’t see why not, although I haven’t tried yet, so who knows.

That's pretty sweet user I love to have the knowhow and tools to do something like this.

Well, most of the work I do "by hand"... for example the cylinder I completely machined manually... for the contour of the frame I used a CNC...

Every time I hear someone say "I wish I had a CNC so I could build cool stuff also" I get angry because everybody thinks the machine is doing all the work for you and you are not able to do anything without it. Srsly guys, get a dremel tool and some files and you shout be able to do everything you really want... that's how I started as well! Be creative and put in some work!!!
Learning how to properly program a CNC takes waaay more time and effort than it would take to build some neat things with your own hands and a file!
(Many many years ago I built a .50BMG rifle I posted on here, back then I didn't know shit about CNC, CAM and CAD)

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-194852.png (1080x1920, 1.29M)

I just finished building a work bench so that I can work on my guns more easily. I also mounted a reloading press I was given a few years back that I cleaned up.

Are these single action?

How’d you get an old bank safe?