First Gun

So I plan on buying my first firearm, thinking a 9mm full-sized handgun for the range and home defense. Looking for a list of guns worth trying before I buy. Is the attached list back from 2015 worth narrowing down from or would Jow Forums recommend an alternative?

Attached: c49cek2eah0y.jpg (3900x5008, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-e3ugkgy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I made a YouTube video for gun newbies just like you, user. Enjoy!
youtube.com/watch?v=UTfZSNogbV0

On that list, the CZ and FN are pretty cool. You know you can get an HK P30 or VP9 for under $600, too, right? John Wick uses a P30. Leon S. Kennedy's VP70 would be the ancestor to the VP9, I guess...If you care about dorky things like that.

Cool, checking out now, thanks.

Sportsman's Outdoor superstore sale going on now. The compact 4" instead of 4.25" is $299

Attached: Screenshot_20190217-230047.png (1080x1825, 638K)

Ah, the issued sidearm of SHIELD in the MCU. Not bad.

Go get one of those Sig Sauer P320 with tritium night sights for $350. Don't drop it and you're good.

Attached: Happy Gilmore reenactment.gif (500x281, 1.62M)

Here's ye old K approved full size 9mm list.

If you're looking for something on a budget the Ruger Security 9 and the Smith and Wesson Shield are supposed to be decent and they both can be had for around $300.

Attached: k approved 9 mm.jpg (2500x2267, 1.33M)

I'll attest to the Maverick 88. Its a good dependable no frills shotgun.

A 9mm handgun and a pump shotgun are probably the first guns you should have. Then get a .22.

This is great, thanks.

I'm willing to drop up to $750 before tax/ammo etc. but that said I'm not sure if there are diminishing returns on firearms in general.

600s the sweet spot
more than enough to buy a glock if you want a glock but still enough for options if you want to be a hipster and get a not glock metal pistol.

if you have the money ignore all the notglock brand glocks which are "just as good as" but cheaper. its just lies.

You can get a great 9mm pistol for around $600. I think you could probably get any gun on that list except for may the HK USP for $750.

I'm partial to the Beretta 92. The CZ 75 and its various iterations like the CZ P-01 are also very nice.

Attached: CZ -P-01.jpg (640x640, 154K)

CZ SP-01 tactical suppressor ready model. covers pretty much all bases for a full sized steel frame high capacity 9mm. The suppressor height sights are Night sights, and are easy to pick up. The threaded barrel is great for when you eventually get a can.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-18 CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-Ready 9mm Luger Semi Auto Pistol 4 (1177x612, 261K)

Oh yeah and its worth advising you to go to a gun store and hold a few of these in your hand if you get the chance. You want something you can grip comfortably.

>10 rounds

Gross dude you posted a pic of the Cali compliant one.

>I'm not sure if there are diminishing returns

There are for sure. Don't feel like you must spend a small fortune in order to get a good reliable gun. The simple Glock 17 is the boring answer but it will likely do everything you ever ask of it and can be had very cheaply. HKs, FNs and the like might look cool but they're likely just going to cost you more without much benefit for what you're looking to do.

Attached: HK USP Tactical Gardevoir.jpg (4564x2691, 2.09M)

sorry, my bad, was rushing

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-18 CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-Ready Semi Auto Pistol 9mm Luger 4 (1168x608, 256K)

>cali gets cucked down to 10 rounds AND pays more

Why tho

Because fuck California and all who call it home.

Such is life under gommunism.

that czs not cali legal its for some other 10round shithole.
threaded barrel = assault weapon and illegal as hell in ca.

Believe it or not, the CZ 75 Tactical and SP-01 is legal on the CA handgun roster until 2020.

threaded barrel pistiols are all illegal
the ones you are listing are basic versions with different skus

I'm gonna add Beretta 92 on my test list, though I have a feeling my hands will be too small

Adding to test list, too.

They make versions with thinner grips like the Vertec. I'd look for one of those.

You can also buy just the thinner grips from Beretta and throw them on any model.

Attached: Beretta 92 Vertec Inox.png (840x560, 264K)

bouncing off of this thread.
My girlfriend will only conceal carry if a gun is "pretty," anyone have any aesthetically pleasing budget guns?
Not pink.

Walther PPK

SCCY CPX-2 or Beretta Nano

what guns does she find "pretty"?

any love for the compact 9mm usp?

Get yourself an M&P15 before the panic buying starts.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-e3ugkgy8

Sig Sauer P238 Rainbow

>Russian surp
Not really budget friendly anymore.

CZ and FN are bang for buck and won't fail you. For CZ, my friend has a 75 D and a P09, both shoot great

Why can't they just make these in the fucking non-tacticool coloring? I don't want urbansoy gray.

>not posting the new version

Attached: 2018 Poorfag Guide.png (3900x5008, 3.17M)

has it even changed? do we need a new version?

Want one, have finger fucked one a few times, makes my peepee tingle

Sr9

Go to a gunstore and handle as many as you can.
Speaking from experience, many people assume they don't want a striker fired pistol, opting instead for DA/SA or SA with safety - almost all of these that I personally know wish they went with a striker gun instead.
Don't buy something just because it isn't common, and don't avoid something just because it isn't special.
Going for the gun that Action Movie Man uses is a poor choice for your first gun. Handle everything you can under 600$ish and make a list of what felt the best to you. Go home and research that list to figure out things like:
>how reliable is this gun?
>how expensive are the mags?
>how likely is the company to stick around
>how is the aftermarket/spare parts situation?
Any double stack full size 9mm handgun has nearly identical performance to every other, just get the one that feels good in your hands and pay no heed to people ITT telling you to buy X because that is what they have and they need to validate it to strangers online.

Decent advice but ymmv. My first gun was a Sig p220 that I got specifically because of the hero in my favorite action books. Loved it then and it still has a place in my safe. Yes, it had a much higher learning curve than something like a glock 21 but still, dont shy away from something just because it gets your dick hard but is not striker fired

So you're saying he should buy a hi-point C-9, got it.

>if you want to be a hipster and get a not glock metal pistol.
You are the reason people hate Glocks. Not all Glockfags, just you personally.

You'll probably end up with a gun you like, it's just that you're not going to find the "perfect" gun on your first go, and nobody is going to be able to tell you what you personally like shooting, so most people's opinions on handguns are worthless to the individual civilian gun owner, especially since many people only have extensive experience with the couple of handguns they personally own.

>C9
>double stack

Well said. Its refreshing to be able to have a conversation like grown ups around here. Good on ya

Attached: dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif (300x226, 1.17M)

My first was m&p 9

Who's got the original m&p 9 gf meme?

Forgot pic

Attached: 15505352002166073393868281501862.jpg (2880x2160, 1.77M)

OP literally asked for suggestions and everyone provided except for you fart sniffing chumps with no response.

For the first time shooter, the 10/22 is a great buy. Reliable (as long as you use good ammo), easy to learn the basics on. Great resale value, inexpensive, lots of modifications out there, makes a great entry level gun that you most likely will keep the rest of your life. I have 3 and i shoot them often stll.

any Wonder 9

Attached: 1550340337307.jpg (720x690, 35K)

You could probably make a really good glock 17/19 80% for under 750.

You could suggest literally anything that meets his qualifications and it makes no difference whatsoever.
If he asks enough jack offs he'll end up with hundreds of suggestions, he's not going to buy them all and the only ones he can get his hands on are the ones shops around him have.
How these threads go:
>buy this really popular gun
>buy this variant of a really popular gun
>buy this gun that I have because its good and I like paying 50$ a magazine
>lol 9mm

Taurus spectrum

get a .22 bolt action, something like a savage mk II is a beautiful and useful option. don't go with a semi-auto it ruins the experience. you'll teach yourself marksmanship and take your time and enjoy it

that being said, i would buy what i just mentioned, but then soon thereafter buy an AR, only because the election is coming up and we are living in the times of SUPER fucking cheap AR's. That could change in the blink of an eye if a Democrat gets elected. The chances of that happening are pretty decent.

Even if the person in office never does anything, every election proves to be a panic-buy. Do it now.

Attached: 1517867190847.jpg (819x783, 162K)

Those SCCY pistols are absolutely hands down fucking garbage. Do not ever waste your money on one.

Not OP but I'm also considering buying my first gun, and very much want to get a CZ SP-01. my local shop actually has some around ~400-450 iirc, or i can get one online for like $600. how much of a gamble would I be taking buying used? anything I should look for in particular?

also i'm not sure whether i want the decocker or standard version