Why?

why?

Attached: 1280px-22-Hornet-Box.jpg (1280x960, 230K)

Uhm... so you can shoot your .22 Hornet rifle?

Can you repeat the question

I like the look of this unironically

it's an pretty good round...

Because .223 didn't exist in 1930, dickhead.

Really mild report, highly frangible bullets. Kind think of it as a lets not piss the neighbors off when we pop the fox that raids the chickens. Flat shooting devastation, without over penetration. Sweet as all hell actually.

because

There's storys of game wardens going to gunstores and asking who bought .22 hornets, because poachers loved this round.

I Will buy that box of rounds if you're selling.

I knew a guy who did his deer hunting with .22 hornet

I've done that.

This. .22 hornet is a really great round. Report and recoil are both mild yet it's powerful enough to take quite a lot of game. Ammo is reasonably priced, you can carry a lot of it. It's an excellent, practical, cartridge.

.22 Hornet is small enough to get good pelts and meat off of varmints, yet big enough to take deer and other megafauna if necessary. It was also also extremely cheap back in the day. Fuddlore holds that Eskimos loved the .22 hornet so much they used it for hunting everything, even polar bear and seals.

On a kinda unrelated note, if anyone knows the name of the book that was like "The Most Dangerous Game", but in the desert and the kid had a .22 Hornet, I'd really like to find that story again.

I have been looking for a few months for a new rifle, and .22 hornet is what I'm specifically looking for. Can't find one for the life of me that's reasonable.

That was a awesome book a highschool.English teacher had us read it. First time I heard of the hornet also.

Why did it fall out of favor then?

Attached: m77-22.jpg (800x600, 394K)

slow twist + 223 came along which is just a little faster 22 hornet

>it's like a midget .30-30 Win

CUTE

>.22 hornet
>.22 zipper
>.218 bee

It didn't. It's still the second most popular .22 centerfire, only beaten by .223.

This, it didn't go anywhere.
Heck, a couple years ago you could buy a Taurus revolver chambered in it! Plenty of popular firearms are built in that caliber, and the ammo is widely available.

If anyone is looking for a really practical SHTF, survival, farm/ranch, or whatever utility gun, something like the Savage 24F would be a great choice. 12ga + 22 hornet, good for nearly any game on earth. There are others who have made combo guns like this too, everything from cheap thru $100k+ customs.

Attached: XxAu3Z3.jpg (1072x710, 122K)

I heard of a guy who uses it to hunt cougar. It drops them without shredding the pelt.

Because 22LR is a faggot round

So why is there a .22LR conversion for the AR-15, but not a .22 Hornet one?
>Please prove me wrong so I can buy a .22 Hornet BCG for my AR.

Because Stoner already perfected the .22 Hornet rifle.

Attached: o9r4ie.jpg (636x932, 148K)

This cartridge is twice as powerful as some 9mm loads? Fuck

This. .22 Hornet is an excellent rifle cartridge for the smallbore in a combo gun. It can take foxes yet still doesn't destroy doves.
It's also nice for barrel inserts since it is very low pressure and doesn't put much strain on the breechface.
I wouldn't buy a .22 Hornet bolt action, though.

My friend’s dad had one of the original AR-5s from the president of Armalite, unfortunately he sold it for good money but the pics he has of it are neat

isn't .17 hornet much better?

With the right twist barrel, you can download 223 to 22Hornet levels

22Hornet
>35gr VMax @ 3050fps 55gr @ 2650

223 (Minimum, slowest Hogdon published loads beside subsonic loads)
>35gr Vmax @ 3260 55gr @ 2711

I've read somewhere abou its one of the most sought after and purchased reloading die sets. Its coming back.due to urban sprawl.

5.7 won the tiny .22 war. If they'd drop cost they could corner the market entirely.

I know they are shit tier guns, but I would love to have a raging hornet.
With a 2x pistol scope and some appropriate reloads, it would be a great woods gun. I think the Hornet is low enough pressure for it to hold up ok if you don’t get a lemon that fails right away.

Attached: A13DF17D-6F17-4381-BD27-E559C5657E5E.jpg (2824x1388, 2.83M)

That rim is T H I C C

CZ 527 is offered in 22 Hornet.
One in a local gun store in Hampton, GA.
Wednesday I can get pictures if you want.
Used gun, Lux model with European drop comb Walnut stock and iron sights. Set trigger. Integral CZ dovetail but there are picatinny adapter rails available.

I wish they'd make a movie from that story and no during the game doesn't count.

Surviving the game

Is it full stock? That makes me hard.

Demolition ranch on YouTube did a raging hornet review. made me want one too. Fuck that guy!

Are there any .22 hornet autoloading rifles, or are they all bolt action & single shot?

It's great for dogs, prarie dogs, jackrabbits, Javelina, and pretty much everything smaller than a whitetail. Not everyone is into the "just get an AR" category.