How to order a firearm online

Buying my first gun online, so what do I do.

Do I place the order and contact the FFL I want it transfered to? or will they just call me when it shows up, most places it says to contact your FFL first?

Attached: 1547629202126.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

Call your preferred ffl and give them a heads up. Sometimes you'll need them to send their info to the seller.

Always call local FFL first. For all you know they closed down due to an aids epidemic.

Talk to your FFL holder first
See if they can order the gun for less money
Add up all costs.
Cost of gun
Shipping
FFL fees.

Hi I'm just giving you notification I ordered a firearm online and am having it sent to be transferred with you guys.

*insert copy of order*

thats it OP

this

He cute

Get dealer's address off website, usually they will have instructions for where to send an FFL. Sometimes they have an email address for emailing a copy of the FFL to or a fax number.

Email your FFL, give them the instructions "Hey I wanna order a gun from so-and-so dealer, can you send a copy of your FFL to them at XXXXXXX"

People on here are retards, i work at a gun store and we never write down or care if you call, i personally find it annoying. Once it rocks up we will do what's needed and call the number on the transfer paperwork or send a text message telling you it's ready for pickup.

It's yhe same qith every other shop I've worked for. Only call if it's a very very small run dad shop otherqise it's not needed.

I'll have about 40-70 guns cone every week.

Attached: 1533274625070.jpg (1280x1041, 709K)

I've always just considered it a courtesy to call ahead. I've never gotten shit if I've forgotten to call, but I was sure they didn't mind.

We aren't going to be rude over the phone, but once we hang up it usually goes like this;
>like i give a fuck dont waste my time, shit. I'm doing something.

You don't need to call, we do everything and call / message you. Only courtesy call very small shops that probably get 1-5 guns a week.

And I've had shops tell me they don't do FFL transfers unless I bought it from their store, so not every shop is the same. It takes 2 seconds to call and find out.

Attached: 1505519668251.jpg (600x600, 85K)

FFL

dumb frogposter

Literally rarely ever happens, FFL is what we make money off of.

Attached: 1537053968499.png (916x910, 47K)

In this case I wouldn't. What about NFA items. I don't give a fuck, I'm calling ahead anyway if it's a $800 can.

Except it's literally your job to answer calls for stuff like that? Why even work in a gunshop if that stuff annoys you? Its like working a mcjob and being mad when someone tries to order a burger.

>claims to be a free country
>can't get a gun shipped to his doorstep

NFA items, call and drop some words. Anything else it's really not needed.

It's also my job to help customers in the shop, check out guns, do paperwork, and various other shit as well. I don't want to answer the phone 20 times in a day about how someone ordered a gun and is sending it my way. Buy, send, wait for our call / message. Virtually same with every other shop that does transfers I've ever been to or worked at.

Lots of people find the calls annoying.

>Lots of people find doing the work they were hired to do annoying

ok buddy, nobody cares you throw a titty fit over a phone call.

email is fine, phone is autism.

This

Send them a email.

Contact your FFL first to make sure they're open and accepting transfers, and to make sure they won't rape you unlubed for transfer fees.

As far as when it shows up: get a tracking number for the shipment. Email your FFL to set up a time to pick it up (if he's a home based FFL and not a store with regular hours); otherwise just walk into the store after it's arrived and do the paperwork.

wagies btfo yet again

I wanna dance with the frog

Actually had a shop close down on me once. It was a small store attached to some engine shop that happened to be close by. I was probably the only customer that place had for years. I sent stuff there all the time, got to the point I didn't even bother sending an email. Sent over a rifle at one point, saw it was delivered and didn't get a call for a week. Turns out the lady who ran it died and the owner who luckily had the ffl didn't want to bother with the place anymore and just closed the doors.

Always let them know is the TL;DR.

Attached: 1326886042145.png (695x695, 211K)

>Biggest non-corporation gun/sporting goods store in town
>Charge above MSRP for just about everything; $60 transfers
>Small pawnshop down the road
>Interesting historical stuff gets dropped off there from time to time, decent prices
>$25 transfers

Hrmmm I wonder who's getting my money.

Unfortunately a lot of places don't have small shops anymore and the ATF is cracking down on home FFLs.

order through amazon and have it delivered to your gunshow loophole via 2 day prime shipping