Saturday Night Special Thread

Please post Saturday Night Specials, I love them. I like cheap guns, made in fly by night factories. Post anything related to cheap Saturday Night Specials, stories or pics.

Attached: Raven Arms MP 25.jpg (380x281, 49K)

The OP filename is fucked, here is a Raven Arms MP-25. The OP pic is of a .32 Davis P32

Attached: Raven Arms MP-25.jpg (1280x977, 477K)

the new king

Attached: HiPoint tactical.jpg (1464x1080, 99K)

The original: The Clerke 1st MFG. in .22LR. Less than $20 new in the 1970s, these were used so often in crimes that the company eventually closed from political pressure.

Attached: clerke 1st.jpg (2936x1872, 273K)

I had a Raven a few years back. It was actually a good little plinker. Other than issues with one bad mag, it went bang every time you pulled the trigger. It would print a fist-sized group at 15 feet, which I think it pretty good for what it is. I tossed it in on a complicated trade--I already had a Jetfire, still do-- but I wish I held on to it. They're had to find these days.

It goes to show just how cheaply you can actually produce firearms as long as you don't care if they last over a hundred rounds, which criminals definitely don't since its a one and done thing anyways.

They generally last longer than 100 rounds, since it's just a .22LR. Just like the Heritage Arms Rough Riders available today, they were generally considered accurate enough for basic pest control and defensive use. The main two users were old people looking for a desk/purse gun, and criminals.

Heard these and the Phoenix Arms HP-22 are decent SNS

Attached: 1_pistols__jimenez_ja22_22lr_stainless_like_new_140535.jpg (495x371, 147K)

I don't know if this counts, it's called a Crow Killer. Cheap little single shot .22 that they used to give to kids in the 20s and the Great Depression, to help hunt for food and keep pests away from farms. It's a Stevens Arms Little Scout.

Attached: 2019-02-18 17.13.08.jpg (972x1727, 915K)

>3 different safeties
>manual action
lmao no

What's funnier than 24?

Attached: download (59).jpg (550x386, 32K)

The Phoenix is damn good for $150

OP here, this is exactly what I want. Yes. More please. I love cheap garbage weapons.

Laser 25 was the model, the manufacturer was Sundance Industries-- the owner of Sundance was the nephew of George Jennings, who designed the Raven .25acp.

Phoenix is a semi auto my guy. Of course I assume you were trying to joke. But yeah, those safeties are redundant as fuck, which is why I'd buy the Jimenez over the Phoenix

its junk at any price

What are the more "high quality" saturday night specials? I've heard that the FIE Titans were pretty alright.

Depends on which manufacturers would count. I would say Taurus, Hipoint, Heritage Arms, and maybe Keltec. Also maybe DiamondBack.

they are a lot of fun

Attached: IMG_20180908_031932664.jpg (640x480, 84K)

Nice pic friend

Is the barrel cast?????

A thin, rifled barrel sleeve, made from steel, surrounded by pot metal

i picked up a Jimenez .380 for $60. shoots straight, but the pin that holds the extractor has a tendency to work its way out

ebic

Are any of these even viable for home defense?

>Are any of these even viable for home defense?

I can't vouch for the Rolm or RG revolvers-- I've seen them in pawn shops, but never fired on-- but I have shot Jennings, Davis, and Raven "ring of fire" guns. While they work, they're small caliber and not the best to bet your life on. On the other hand, they're better than no gun at all, and even 5-6 rounds of .22, .25, or .32 in a junkie's face trying to crawl in your bathroom window would probably discourage him.

I use to have one of these. No idea what happened to it. Oh well it was only $50

I don't give a fuck if it's just a .22, I wouldn't ever shot that. It looks like it explode from just holding it